Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Couple

Default Not homophobic??

We have run across this statement so many times. Have never been able to get a concrete answer. The guy says he is str8 but "not homophobic". Okay just what the heck does that mean?? Being a biguy I have my own ideas, but in general what do YOU think??

Status
    Tired

Default Re: Not homophobic??

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeCouple
    We have run across this statement so many times. Have never been able to get a concrete answer. The guy says he is str8 but "not homophobic". Okay just what the heck does that mean?? Being a biguy I have my own ideas, but in general what do YOU think??
    It could be anything from 'I won't freak out when I see your penis' to 'I won't freak out if you touch my penis with your mouth'.

Since there is no swinger dictionary that everyone follows there is really no way to be sure.

Here to Stay
    Status
    s Male

For me it means I don't freak out when there is contact in a DP situation

Status
    Couple

Mr. CA posting...
    I'll Ditto Rockon with that definition. Nuts/Balls knocking together during double penetration (DP) encounters, or even penises rubbing together during Vagina DP, don't `make you gay' in my opinion. There is, after all, a woman in between.
    "Some called her a bad girl. They didn't know how right they were." quote from the book The Real Bettie Page by Richard Foster

A gentleman never tells curiousagain's Avatar
    Status
    half of a couple

You know, I have this in my profile and I hadn't really thought that some would think some of those things. Mine meant I wouldn't freak out during a dp. I may have to redo some of it.
    Why is it we can pleasure ourselves but not tickle ourselves?

Status
    Married to Mrs Good Times
    SLS Handle
    randp

Previously, I kind of thought the meaning was obvious, but after reading this thread it doesn't even seem obvious to me any more.

For me it has always meant, I am not gay or Bi but I don't have any problem associating or being friends with those that are.
    R (He is R, she is P)

Status
    Married Monkeys - will you be our vine?
    SLS Handle
    Spoomonkey

I buy a lot of my clothes at a gay men's clothes store... And I flirt for discounts... We're friends with the owners and the guys that work there.

We also have a friend who lives near us who is gay, and he and his partner invite us over to sit in the hot tub and drink beer...

I have no problem with any of that.

But - would I have any sort of sexual contact with another guy? No.

That's what it means to me...

Well - that and what Rockon said.

Spoomonkey
    "Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities." - C. S. Lewis

Status
    Couple

On one instace the fella said he was not homophobic and would even go so far as to take a bj from a guy. Hmmmm to me that means passive bisexual...

Status
    single male

I have said this myself..i believe what it means is that i don't have a problem being near..touching or feeling a penis while in a threesome situation..just not bi...

Registered

Umm, I am not bi or gay or even bi curious, but also not rabid about it, lol. It is pretty hard to do a MFM DP without some incidental contact, but that contact wouldn't be an end in itself. I understand what someone means when they say they are "not homophobic" they are not overly concerned with the matter.

One interesting thing to me is guys that are homophobic, really obsessed with the matter, it makes me wonder why. What is it in them that makes them feel so threatened?

Swingers Board Addict

When someone says, "I'm not homophobic" my antennae go up, and it is like other loaded words. "I'm not a racist". "That's a bigot" etc. etc. etc.

The clue to me is that the area is troubling to the speaker.

Otto

A gentleman never tells curiousagain's Avatar
    Status
    half of a couple

This has been a very informative thread. As I stated I had not bicurious but not homophobic in my profile and I just meant that I wouldn't freak out during a DP. After reading this thread I realize different people take it many different ways so I changed my profile.

Thanks to everyone for their input. It never hurts to hear another viewpoint and you just might learn something.
    Why is it we can pleasure ourselves but not tickle ourselves?

Swingers Board Addict Jamie&Kieth's Avatar
    Status
    M.Female

I know my husband is comfortable around the guys who we play with, he doesn't get freaked out with the contact due to 'DP' or 'double blow jobs', misdirected cum shots. But if there was a male in the group that he did ot know, then yes he would feel very uncomfortable and homophobic. To tell you the truth I can I feel the same way if I was with a bunch of women I did not know.

Status
    single male (w/swing partner)
    SLS Handle
    montresor

In other threads, bi guys and couples with bi guys have noted that stating "I'm a big honkin' bi guy!" in their ad seems to limit their responses and opportunities for meeting a wide range of people, but to lie and claim they're straight just to get more dates doesn't sit well with them. I wonder if, for some people, the "not homophobic" appellation is a graceful way of saying that if m2m contact happens or is desired, they have no problem going with the flow, but if only "het" action is on the menu, they're happy to go with that too.

A way of being upfront without creating a situation that might make someone uncomfortable?

Swingers Board Addict txduo2000's Avatar
    Status
    Couple

That phrase always seemed pretty self-explanatory to me as well.

To me, it just means that a guy is straight but will not freak out at another naked penis being in the room, or involved in a MFM threesome, or a DP or group sex situation. I guess for some, it *might* mean that they *may* consider some slight bi-guy contact, but it depends on the person. I would think that would fall under the bi-curious or bi-friendly type of description, though.

It is still self-explanatory to me in that same sense. I don't think there's any reason to overanalyze anything.
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast