Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Default Swinging before you are Swinging

A lot of folks mention that they were basically "swinging" before they knew there was a name for it or before they realized that there was an entire community of other people who are interested in the same things. They basically just stumbled upon it. While others stumble upon a site like this or a story or a book and discover it and go from there. So which was it for you?

Were you swinging before you discovered what swinging was?
    Or did you learn what swinging was first, then look to swing?
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Mr&Mrs-naughty

We had a few experiences before we started to consider ourselves swingers.

We knew what swingers meant but didnt really consider ourselves swingers until we looked into actualy seeking out another couple instead of just kind of swiinging by chance.

Mrs naughty looked into it first. We had talked about the idea of swinging and she looked on the internet to find out what swinging actualy was.

She told me from what she read we are definately swingers. So I started looking around and found this site. And she was right.

We are going to our first "official" swingers event next weekend.

Status
    couple

I definately knew I was getting into swinging when I got into it. Lee had been involved in the Lifestyle long before I had ever met him. He presented the concept of swinging to me in a very low pressure and informative way and I agreed to at least check it out.... Turns out I was hooked from the very first time we visited a club

On an amusing side note here.... At least once a month I get contacted by couples I dont know on yahoo that are looking for another couple or single woman to play with. If I try to send them to any local yahoo swingers groups, or even when I try to send them to SwingersBoard so they can get more info...quite often they actually get offended and tell me "we are NOT swingers, we just enjoy sex with other couples occasionally" Go figure!!!!!

Laura

Status
    married female

aaaahhhh the dreaded 'S' word

Status
    Married Female

My husband and I talked about it for awhile. Then checked into it...of course we just wanted the infamous single bi female. So we started a yahoo group, and went from there.

We didnt understand "singing" until after a couple of meet n greets. We were lifestyle stupid per say..lol.
    If you think you are perfect, try walking on water!

TNT
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    tblonde312

Default Re: Swinging before you are Swinging

Originally posted by JustAskJulie
    Were you swinging before you discovered what swinging was?
    That would be us.

We started playing with others over 20 years ago while living in California. Had no idea it was called swinging, only that it was fun. Moved back to this small town, took a break (about 15 years)then Ted brought home the URL to a web site about a local Swingers social and two weeks later we were there.

Teresa
    Ted and Teresa
    No lifetime is enough unless you live it in such a way as to make it enough.

Mr&Mrs-naughty

Default It makes me cringe!!

Mrs naughty here-

I'm not sure why, but I hate that word 'swinger'

I prefer being called a bad girl!!

Swingers Board Addict Roxysbayou's Avatar
    Status
    Married Female
    SLS Handle
    likethat

We started swinging before we knew anything about the lifestyle. I always thought that "swingers" were something that faded out with the seventies, until a friend turned us on to SLS and I eventually found my way here.

Roxy
    I put the "grrrr" in swinger baby, yeah!

--Austin Powers

Status
    single

I was swinging long before I even knew swinging existed. I was a groupie soapbox in a former life

I think my past has a lot to do with my penchant for multiple partners in the present.

Slutty Wife
    "Too much of a good thing is wonderful!." -- Mae West

Only slightly cracked... BradAndJanet's Avatar
    Status
    Married Couple

Long, long ago, in my youth , I was involved in a 'swap' with my girfriend-of-the-moment and some friends. This was long before I knew anything about swinging (I was about 20 or so.) Unfortunately, the evening came crashing down when, at the sight of her boyfriend banging my girlfriend, my friend K freaked out and that was that.

-B
    "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain
    All about us...

Swingers Board Addict BettyAnnMBSC's Avatar
    Status
    F half of bi cpl

Let's see -- my first "swinging" experiences... The first one happened because I was dating two guys at the same time when I was (well I was young) -- they knew each other and decided we should just have a little party... really fun MFM though none of us knew what to do...

Then one of these guys got himself an extra GF too (if I could he could thing) and he brought her over and we had an MFMF MFM FMF FMFM FF... etc...

By this time I realized that I like the attention of more than one person in bed at a time....

~~~~~
    N'essayez jamais d'enseigner un porc à chanter. Il perd votre temps et gêne le porc.

A Little Of Everything ALilOEverything's Avatar
    Status
    M. Female
    SLS Handle
    aliloeverything

I had my first threesome 12 years ago and a couple months after that my husband and I "swapped" partners. I never knew it as anything but swapping, maybe even wife swapping. We continued to have a few of these experiences from threesomes to fivesomes. Five years ago my new husband and I experimented a little with others but it still wasn't swinging. I don't know what I learned the term "swinger" but a year ago when we were looking for play partners the word "swinger" is what I put on the google search. I do like it better that "swapping partners" but I still don't care for it. I don't like "The Lifestyle" either because it's not my lifestyle (except I spend a lot of time on the computer reading/posting about it )
    ~Lilo

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    Idahocpl2005

We are new and enterered the "lifestyle" via the computer, so we always knew it as swinging. I like describing our activities as "being naughty" facelick The word "Swinging" still doesn't sound right to me.

Kevin
    Multiple orgasms are proof that God is a woman :kissface:

Status
    Single Male

We started swinging after we knew what it was, but we really didn't call it "swinging". Mostly we talked about threesomes and what the possibility of our neighbors ever swapping with us. Stuff like that. I don't think we ever said "hey, you wanna' swing?" We started then discovered it had a name. We had never even heard the term "lifestyle" used for swingers.

Mr. WS
    "Sex is something you do, sexuality is something you are." ~ Anna Freud

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    M. Male

Isn't this interesting? It seems as though nobody really likes the term 'swinging'. And, we're all here on the swingersboard.

And really the other terms like, lifestyle, wife swapping, open marriage, and others aren't that acceptable to 'swingers' either. Or apparently most 'swingers' anyway.

Reading the posts I think that there are some horny men looking for sex through 'swinging'.
    There are some folks looking for bi women through 'swinging'.
    There are some people going long with there spouse for the sake of the marriage through 'swinging'.
    And there are those who simply want to prove they're daring through 'swinging'.

But these are the folks who make the terms unacceptable to most of us who were just born to be 'swingers'. Those of us who'd just about as soon be celibate as monogamous. Those of us who can enjoy an emotionally monogamous marriage but also enjoy physical pleasures with others and enjoy knowing our partner is doing the same. I really think that there are those of us who really are 'swingers'. But lifestyle? Well, that seems to sound like your whole world revolves around 'swinging' situations, doesn't it? Maybe the under 25 crowd could use 'Swinging Lifestyle' but after that I tend to think that most of us do, and think about, other things too every now and then. LOL!

I, personally, prefer to say that I'm just very open-minded to sex. If you do a Google on 'open minded' you'll get some of the same results as 'lifestyle' and 'swinger'.
    58 years old and married for 34 of 'em.
    "Caged contentedly, yet still looking out beyond the bars."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast