Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Swingers Board Addict truckerbuddy's Avatar
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    truckerbuddy

Default Do you ever help newbies

I have a question for the Experienced swingers.

Do you or have you ever taken a newbie under your wing and show them the ropes (do's and don'ts??)

I know this site helps a lot with questions, but some people need or would like some one on one help getting past there concerns?

being kinda new to the lifestyle but with the male half having some experience would it be better to connect with someone newer or someone with experience?
    Here to day, gone tomorrow

Status
    Single Female
    SLS Handle
    The_Fuse

Default Re: Do you ever help newbies

I wouldn't say "under our wing", but we have certainly talked to newbies about how we got started, things we learned along the way, etc. We've also answered questions people have asked us. We try to have a light touch when talking to newbies, because coming off like an advisor or teacher is not sexy.

As far as whether it's better for newbies to first connect with other newbies or with more experienced people, that's a matter of personal taste. Some newbies are afraid of the more experienced, thinking they will go too fast, apply too much pressure, or generally be callous. Some newbies end up connecting with other newbies, and if there are "newbie issues" on both sides, then the effect is compounded.

Some newbies actually seek out a more experienced couple for their first encounter. Personally this is the way we went, though it wasn't really done on purpose, and we were happy about it. Our first partners were completely stable, had been around, and dealt with our nervousness and hesitancy. In short, they were considerate.
    Through every dead and living thing, Time runs, like a fuse. -- Jackson Browne

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    mrmrsfun

Yes we have talked with many people new to the lifestyle, about how we feel.

Not with the intentions of being their first experience, If thats what you mean by under our wing.....

We understand we don't have all the answers, for all people interested. But we do understand what we have been through and how collectively, we found our own comfort.

We have recommended the Swingers Board to many new and experienced people

Swingers Board Addict VanHlebar's Avatar
    Status
    S

We have talked a lot with folks that where new to the lifestyle. As The Fuse indicated, we haven't really "taken them under our wings", but we have talked at length of what our experiences have been over the past few years.

For us we just happened to find a very experienced couple as our first couple and they where super people. Mrs Van and I still look back at our experiences with this couple and talk about how they really helped us find our comfort zones and helped us deal with a lot of my issues at the start. There is no doubt that our first couple have shaped our "process" if you will in how we deal with new couples.

-Van

Swingers Board Addict ktimephoenix's Avatar
    Status
    Couple

we have talked to many newbies as well. entering the lifestyle we found most couples were happy to help/talk/ease our minds when we started.

Although the phrase "take beneath our wing" does trouble me. there is at least one couple (that by my judgement) in our "Scene" here, actively seeks out newbs, and ends up exploiting them (first time, not sure what to expect, run the play to suit them etc), and turning them off of meeting alot of other good couples (by spreading rumours). we actually had them try it on us... they obviously weren't paying attention when we were saying that we weren't inexperienced.

Here to Stay
    Status
    Male half of married couple

Although from time to time we encounter with such newbies who asks to help them to enter swinging I don't think newbies need somebody's help indeed. I mean the help from one or two certain persons. The more better to learn the opinions of many reading this board or other resources like this board, to try swinging and get own mind from one's experience.
    So it doesn't matter with whom to begin swinging. To our mind good swinging doesn't depend on experience of participants but depend on how much they suit each other.
    'I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic.' W Allen

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

I get the impression that what you are asking is if experienced couples ever play "mentor" to newbie couples, not necessarily looking to swing with them but being willing to be there for them, answer questions, show them the ropes, be their guide so to speak to help them avoid the pitfalls. Kind of a personal "swinger coach"? Is that the idea you are going for?

Status
    Widower

Maybe the Swingers Board should start an organization of couples who would be willing to "tutor" new couples locally? We certainly have both the wisdom and the experience among the fabulous people who post here.

Personally, I think it could be very helpful for newly interested couples whether sex be part of the friendship or not.

Mr. Alura
    "They may call me a rube and a hick, but I'd a lot rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it."
    óWill Rogers

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    Couple - he posts/reads
    SLS Handle
    hereforfunrm

Now taking applications for all new couples.

Swingers Board Addict truckerbuddy's Avatar
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    truckerbuddy

Quote Originally Posted by JustAskJulie View Post
    I get the impression that what you are asking is if experienced couples ever play "mentor" to newbie couples, not necessarily looking to swing with them but being willing to be there for them, answer questions, show them the ropes, be their guide so to speak to help them avoid the pitfalls. Kind of a personal "swinger coach"? Is that the idea you are going for?
    Yes. thank you julie,, you got it.

sorry... im just an ole redneck
    Here to day, gone tomorrow

Status
    Couple

Quote Originally Posted by fun4Ds View Post
    Yes we have talked with many people new to the lifestyle, about how we feel.

Not with the intentions of being their first experience, If thats what you mean by under our wing.....

We understand we don't have all the answers, for all people interested. But we do understand what we have been through and how collectively, we found our own comfort.

We have recommended the Swingers Board to many new and experienced people
    This is pretty much us, as well.
    Dave & Holly

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Per, this thread, it seems like it something a lot of people think about, but no one really wants to be put in the position of it one on one. There are lots of reason why not. The reasons that come off the top of my head - not wanting to end up being a couple's babysitter at parties, not wanting to give them the wrong advice, or feel like they are expecting YOU to have all the answers, and just frustration at the times when you do try to help and people don't listen - leaving you wondering why you bothered.

Hang out around here and you get dozens of coaches more than willing to help you, and you don't have to worry about interrupting their schedule, or waiting for them to return a phone call. It allows those of us who want to/ can help to do so in our own time, and allows you to get the answers you need in your own time as well... plus you get the advantage of lots of opinions instead of just one.

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    couple

When the blind lead the blind they both fall in the hole.

In our club there we always made sure there was someone as Alura described who mentored a newbie. It made a big difference to have someone to answer questions, make introductions, encourage them and generally run interference. It was fun for the mentors too, a win win situation.

We figured that mentoring guidance, optimizing initial experiences, more than doubled the probability of a newby continuing in the club. "A newbie is a terrible thing to waste."
    once were
    nostalgic for the good old days
    E Wash

Swingers Board Addict twoforone100's Avatar
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    twoforone100

yes we have done something close to mentoring.... and in the two cases we can think it has worked out very well... If someone asks we will answer.... We figure the more people who play, is gonna make it better for us in the long run... And in those two cases it was very good for us....

Status
    Widower

Quote Originally Posted by JustAskJulie View Post
    Per, this thread,Hang out around here and you get dozens of coaches more than willing to help you, and you don't have to worry about interrupting their schedule, or waiting for them to return a phone call. It allows those of us who want to/ can help to do so in our own time, and allows you to get the answers you need in your own time as well... plus you get the advantage of lots of opinions instead of just one.
    That's exactly why the Swingers Board would be a fine place to start such a group of volunteers. The people here generally know what they're doing and are caring folks who would endeavor to give newbys a good introduction, whether it be restricted to answering questions, introducing them at the local club, actually helping with the couple's first experience, or all of the above.

As oncewere suggested, such an introduction would, I believe, make a couple's entry into the lifestyle more pleasant.

Mrs. Alura would have loved being a coach, which is probably why i think it's such a good idea.

Mr. Alura
    "They may call me a rube and a hick, but I'd a lot rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it."
    óWill Rogers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast