Thread: Nervousness before meeting a new couple

Question Nervousness before meeting a new couple

How do you feel prior to the final hours of meeting a couple for the first time? Are you anxious and edgy? Do you primp and groom as if you were going to your senior prom? Do you wonder how others will perceive your appearance and judge you by it? Or do you just throw caution to the wind?

We are both very nervous before a first meeting and we do our best to make ourselves as attractive and presentable as possible. Does it change as you have more experience or is it a nagging quirk that stays with you forever?

Lori ~Curiosity is going to kill this cat~
    Remember that human beings are complicated creatures. We like our bedtime routines but dislike routine in our bed times. - Sallie Foley, M.S.W.

Lori~

Sure. I make sure everything is clean and nice and fresh before meeting. I’ve said it before, we never meet with the intention of swinging, but we’re prepared to do so if it works out. [fun] [Blowjob]

As far as special primping goes…it depends on the situation. If we’re going to a social party, Susie gets all dolled up. I usually just wear everyday clothes. If we’re just meeting for dinner, again, we’ll make sure that we’re clean and fresh, but neither of us does anything extra special that we wouldn’t normally do in every day life. We like to make a good first impression (who doesn’t ??) but we want it to be a true snapshot of who we are…not who we think they want us to be.

Edit... Forgot to address the excitement part. We love meeting new couples. And yes, we are both excited prior to meeting. I think as we have matured (Yeah, right!) we have found that the nervousness turns to excitement.

[ October 05, 2002, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: dave_susie2001 ]

Arrow

I don't do anything that I normally wouldn't do when going to a party or the club or even out to dinner. When I meet new people it's generally at the club or at a party (within our circle you have to be invited to attend a party and you may bring a couple with you but the couple has to be serious, definitely no gawkers) so it's rather spur of the moment when I do.

I don't run or answer to internet or any other kind of ad. I have met two couples from here and yeah, was kind of nervous beforehand and during the first half hour or so. Believe it or not, when I'm nervous meeting someone, I shut up and become bashful. After I become comfortable with them, the mouth opens and the true Quin comes (or cums) out. [ROFL]

Quin
    [Smiley_sex]
    One thing about me is that I'm consistant in my behavior, my thoughts, and my posting. I don't sell out or change for any reason outside of my own self wanting to. What you see is what you get: today, tomorrow and every day after that.

Default Re: Nervousness

Do you get nervous before you meet new people for the first time?

Always--but it's always a good nervous....Anticipation is an awesome thing....

Tim
    "I can resist everything except for temptation..."

Mr&Mrs-naughty

Default Mr here

I agree with frenz,

Its more anticipation than it is nervousness. Although it is easy to confuse the two because they both give you almost the same feeling.

Nervous but in a very sexual way. The anticipation and the "what if's" give me a rush that I can't explain and I never feel it in any other situation.
    ~pink
    ....~pink-n-sparx~....
    Opening minds, one leg at a time ::P:

I enjoy meeting new people. I've had several jobs over the years that involved introducing myself to people I did not know. Even though it was in a business setting, I've had lots of practice doing it and it comes fairly easily to me. Everyone likes to talk about themselves (and I don't mean that in a bad way; it's a subject they know pretty well!) and all you need to do is ask the right questions to get the conversation started.

Like Mr. Naughty says, there's always that feeling of anticipation, but nervous? Naw....not really.

-B
    "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain
    All about us...

Yes, we'd echo the 'good nervousness' sentiments listed above. It's the kind of edginess that makes you glad to be there, and to be alive.
    It's not going to be an orgy. It's a toga party . . .

Interesting topic, for us the lifestyle and the swing club environment has helped us over the years develop confidence in meeting and communicating with new people which has carried over into our everyday business life. There is much more to be gainded from this 'swing' evnironmnet than just sex, as we both found out. Just our 2 cents worth.

We would be lying if we said we were not a little nervous, because you always want to make a good first impression. With us though, most of the people we have had those meetings with, usually after sitting down and talking for a while, really helped to calm our nerves as we got to know them a little more. Really helps alot.

But yeah, there is nervousness there when meeting someone for the first time.

And oh yeah, we want to look nice for when we meet them.
    T & T

I agree with pink.
    Start a revolution, stop hating your body!