njbm

Do you swing with others in your own bedroom?

We've had our experiences at clubs and resorts and our hotel rooms there. Does it feel odd to play with another couple in your marital bed? Note: We are somewhat newbies/rookies.

Yep that's why we added mirrors and 4 poster king size bed> Now only if they made a king bed with flip up extensions like those restaurant tables that would be great.

• Like 2

No, but mostly that's because we have a guest bedroom that we use and the other couple we mainly see have that as a boundary. I don't think it would be a problem either way, but since we have that other bedroom (and, of course, the dungeon...lol) it's just not an issue we have needed to address.

I think we maybe asked that exact question here ourselves at one time. Our first entertaining at home experience we didn't use the bedroom, that was kind of planned, kind of not. Things got kicked off in another room and just stayed there. We probably wouldn't have said no if they had suggested taking it to the bedroom, but we weren't going to suggest it ourselves and honestly where we were at was plenty comfy so not like there would have been much difference.

Since then, we have played in the bedroom, don't even give it a thought anymore really. It's just one of those unique to swinging things that seems like it would be a big deal, but then when you actually do it, you wonder why you ever thought it was a big deal to start with.

We have played in our own bed and never give it much thought. I know playmates who won't do it and I respect their boundaries but it's one of those things we don't much care one way or another.

I thought it would be a big deal at first but after doing it no biggie. As someone else said it's just a bed.

We have used our room before and other's bedrooms... but we really don't care where we play and long as we all have fun and don't bring home bed bugs.

I never really thought about it before but all of our experiences were in our own home. And, two of them were in our own bedroom. Our first time was in our bed, all four of us, and the other time in our bed we took turns taking the other spouses back to our bedroom. I guess it was no big deal because we never gave it a thought.

Our "rule" if you will is to never bring someone home unless we know them well. In reality, we have only done it once and that was with a friend we had known for several years. It was a male friend of mine, Frank, who we had taken out for drinks for his birthday. Frank and I had been friends for years and he became friends with my hubby when hubby and I first started dating. During birthday drinks, we decided to bring Frank home with us, hot tub a while, and then I would give Frank a birthday present which was code for a blow job. It raised our relationship to a whole new level, we became the three musketeers until Frank had to move away.

I guess 'marital bed' has different meaning for different folks. J and I find it way more comfortable and sexy to be in our bed. Maybe since we have elderly family living here, sleeping right next to our bedroom and we can rarely play here, it may make it more interesting.

We've never even fought about it. We have always been fine with playing in our own bed; I guess we don't really think about it as a 'marital bed'

Hi, long-lost Petra here. Yes, we swing with others in our own bedroom and in our own king size bed. One of the earliest hot things for me was when I came home and found Goldilocks (that would be Clair) and hubby in the marital bed. What an unexpected surprise! (Actually, it wasn't a surprise, but it was still hot and I joined them.) Also early on it was kind of cool and sexy to be screwing my boyfriend in the same bed, in the same spot where my husband and I have sex. As you may have guessed, we sometimes play alone. Since then there have been others in that bed, but always with either me or hubby. No swinging unless we're there!

we have played in our own bed and never give it much thought. I know playmates who won't do it and I respect their boundaries but it's one of those things we don't much care one way or another.

^^^ This is us. :)

We just did this last weekend lol, it's not something that can happen often because we have a small child and babysitters usually come here. But my mom took him for the weekend and that left the house free! Had no issues with getting down in the bed, that's what it is there for. Now we need a king size.

we have played in our own bed and never give it much thought.

This was exactly how it was for us. We never even thought about how the physical marital bed "equaled" the emotional marital bed. In fact, the two aren't equal for us. Violating the "marital bed" are more in terms of cheating or engaging in a deep emotional connection with someone else when that same connection is decreasing or missing with the one you are married to.

We haven't played that much over the years, but when we do it has usually been in our bedroom. We have played only with people who are already friends or friends of friends, so our playmates have already been to our house.

We have only ever invited one single male and two other couples into the personal space of our bedroom and with the exception of those few individuals don't really have any plans to host anyone else there. It sort of takes away "our" space and "our" time together. Oddly having another couple join us in our bed wasn't as odd after events as is was with the single male. Not so much for me, the hubby, but for the wife...she kept having flash backs of him in our 'space' and craving it! LOL

Guest Ready2dewit

A few of the couples I've met have a play/spare bed available, and use that for fun. Seems to work pretty well, have the comfort of playing at home, but not in their bedroom with pics of family, etc. all over.

WE have used our bedroom several times and never give it second thought that there is anything special about "our" bedroom. I note that when we go to other couples' homes, I am usually invited into the master bedroom with the lady of the house while my wife goes with the man to another bedroom. Only once do I remember that my wife got the master suite while I had fun in another room (which incidentally was the guest room where my wife and I slept the rest of the night after the swap fun was over.

If I'm going to swing, it's always going to be someplace other than my bedroom. I live a private life and the last thing I need is roommates and neighbors watching who comes in and out of my bedroom. Also since I'm new to this, I really don't trust bringing a total stranger to my house.

We don't play at home. Luckily there are great hotels by airport that are clean, new, and adult-themed for all kinds of fun if we are in town.

We have played at home, but it has never been with someone we're meeting for the first play date. The 'marital bed' concept is really kinda like the 'no kissing' rule some couples have. To us, it seems out of place and wrong. Our bed is our bed, our marriage is our marriage. A bed is a thing. Our marriage isn't a 'thing', and isn't enhanced by a specific bed/bedroom. I understand why some people would feel the marital be is off limits, but it seems odd; you're letting your spouse have sex with someone else...as "territory" goes, arguably the most sacrosanct aspect of the marriage. The bed where it happens seems a distant, distant 1000th place to that.

• Like 3

We have never played in our home... When we get the chance to get out to a club, we always get a room near by.

When my ex and I were swinging, we played in our room early on and I regretted it. Not because it was a symbol of our marriage, but because the images of play were burned in my mind. After that one instance, it was a long time before we did it again.