Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's your biggest swinging mistake?

Default What's your biggest swinging mistake?

Be it big or small... we've all made mistakes when it has come to swinging... What's been your biggest mistake?
    Dave & Holly

Default Re: What's your biggest swinging mistake?

our first experience with a couple. We both should have said no, but we just wanted to do it and get it over with because we were nervous and afraid if we didn't do it RIGHT THEN we'd never do it. Wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't what we had been hoping for. We're still here though, so it must not have scared us too bad

I let a playmate get too close, emotionally. He began exhibiting jealous behaviors, and I had to call a cease-and-desist on playtime. =/
    I'd rather go to hell for doing something I enjoyed than heaven wondering what it's like.

We played with a couple neither of us was really into, just because it's been a while since we'd been with someone new and we had a bit too much to drink.

It was fun, but the morning after we were wondering WTF got into us. Luckily it was only soft swap and some female play, and I really did like her so it was only kind a half mistake.

Our first time was when we, and our marriage, was too young. And we hadn't talked about it at all. If I could go back and have a do-over I'd have kept that first time very soft and then discussed it the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by noobwithboobs View Post
    our first experience with a couple. We both should have said no, but we just wanted to do it and get it over with because we were nervous and afraid if we didn't do it RIGHT THEN we'd never do it. Wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't what we had been hoping for. We're still here though, so it must not have scared us too bad
    I couldn't have written it better, exactly the same for us

We met another couple at their house and offered to let them ride with us to dinner and then out to a bar...big mistake. Always take separate vehicles. It was a disaster.

Any mistakes my wife and I have ever made have related to being over-eager. Hindsight:

- Why did we ever let those people even close to us; we could see they were both drunk as skunks?
    - We could see that that woman was being pushed by that man to go along this.
    - We could see that that man was being pushed by that woman to go along this.
    - Why did I try to impose myself on that woman; I could see she was not into me.

Happily, each mistake has been a learning experience.
    Dollar an' a dime a day; I gives the dollar to my woman and I throws the dime away.

For me it was having too good a time to really notice that the other wife was hitting the bottle pretty heavy (building courage) and I even laughed when she fell flat on her ass. But the real stupid thing was taking her next door (hotel) and having her pass out and deciding to just let wifey have her fun while I lay in bed listening for 5 hours. AKA taking one for the team. It's always bothered me.

But we learn from these things.

Quote Originally Posted by km34 View Post
    We played with a couple neither of us was really into, just because it's been a while since we'd been with someone new and we had a bit too much to drink.
    We've done this a couple times. Other errors in judgment include:

Taking one for the team.
    Playing with an ex-boyfriend and his wife, separate rooms - our first couple experience.
    Allowing a friend to go bareback in flagrant disregard for our rules.

As SW_PA_Couple mentioned, each mistake was a learning experience and I am certain there are more to come. However, I am glad we have the right tools to get over mistakes in judgment and a community to talk to about them
    There's time for sleep when you're dead.

Digginit, been there too but went out of state with the couple for a vanilla event and to swing by a club. We hooked up with a smoking cute couple and they were furious (we were only friends). It was awful and we were treated so poorly. We were lucky to make it home, the female threw a purse at me, and we ended the friendship. The other incident was a very aggressive female who basically handed me my uterus. Bahhhhh totally afraid to be with an experienced woman ever again. I hurt for days after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by km34 View Post
    We played with a couple neither of us was really into....
    Quote Originally Posted by angelkin View Post
    We've done this a couple times.
    Add us to that list. It was within the first few months of our swinging experience. A couple we were acquainted with at the club asked us to play (out of the blue), and we looked at each other and said "OK". We should have conferred and decided that "no" was the correct answer since neither of us was into them.
    -But we were pussies.
    -We learned a lot about clearer communication and being willing to say no that night.
    That awkward moment when you realize she actually wanted a Mary Kay facial.....

Status
    couple, he mostly posts, she reads and points out his mistakes

We tried playing separately for awhile, nothing good at all came of it, only bad. Trying to play separately was by far our biggest swinging mistake. We also got outed because we trusted some friends and they told on us and our lives got up ended as a result (close second in our mistakes list). Oh well, you live, you learn.
    Last edited by cupl4fun; 07-16-2012 at 11:52 PM. Reason: you betcha! Shitty typist.
    Screw You Guys. I'm Goin' Home.
    Cupl4fun

I didn't put a priority on capturing the moments on video so we could relive the moment over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Learning View Post
    Digginit, been there too but went out of state with the couple for a vanilla event and to swing by a club. We hooked up with a smoking cute couple and they were furious (we were only friends). It was awful and we were treated so poorly. We were lucky to make it home, the female threw a purse at me, and we ended the friendship. The other incident was a very aggressive female who basically handed me my uterus. Bahhhhh totally afraid to be with an experienced woman ever again. I hurt for days after that one.

Wow, our car ride doesn't quite seem as bad now, lol.

I know there is a thread here somewhere about this but we had a string of clingy people that would have acted the same way. We feel so lucky to have a few really good friends...for the moment.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast