Thread: Crazy questions, I know...but I had to ask

Default Crazy questions, I know...but I had to ask

If you lost the partner you're with for whatever reason, and could no longer swing Would you miss the life and why?
    Good to the last drop

Default Re: Crazy questions, I know...but I had to ask

I lost my wife of twenty-seven years a bit over three years ago to breast cancer. (Ladies, please never miss a mammogram!) I miss her with a terrible ache but the lifestyle, itself, was not important enough to me to try to continue as a single. In my opinion, swinging without a partner is not swinging at all.

About a year and a half ago, I reconnected with a woman I met in India in 1971 with whom I enjoyed a three-year love affair, only to lose each other because we were both traveling, a situation which made our mail go awry. It's been wonderful rekindling our relationship. Our communication is all we could ask for. We've talked and talked about swinging but at this point it's not likely we'll make any attempt to enter the lifestyle together.

Alura
    Last edited by Alura; 05-01-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo
    "They may call me a rube and a hick, but I'd a lot rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it."
    óWill Rogers

Why couldn't I swing without my current partner?

As for missing swinging, we aren't terribly active about it now, and I rarely miss it. It's fun when it happens, but I don't really worry about it when it doesn't.

Heaven forbid anything would happen to my partner - but if it did, I am sure I'd take a personal break. However, I would continue in the lifestyle as a single and eventually seek to end up in a relationship with a swinging single male. I would miss it, I don't think I could ever go back to monogamy.
    There's time for sleep when you're dead.

I posted this question, because I know of someone who had many experiences in the life with a fantastic partner. For reasons I will not disclose...they have broken up and are now with a new partner. The current partner doesn't swing. I'm not saying that (vanilla sex) or sex with one person is boring or bad at all. I was just wondering how difficult is it to go from the LS to a vanilla relationship.

I personally, think I would miss the fun of the life initially. Not that I could have fun or ever swing with a new partner. I remember reading somewhere, the average married couple is together 5 to 7 years before talking about swinging. Of course, there are always exceptions to the normal. Just thinking out loud.
    Good to the last drop

It's a good question, and God forbid anything happen to Dave. We're really not all that active anyway. I don't think I'd miss it. I might though... I guess I'd have to be put in that situation to really know. :/
    Dave & Holly

I wouldn't pursue swinging as a single. If I was presented with an opportunity to play with a couple, I would entertain the idea, but I wouldn't put myself out there as a swinger.

If I started another relationship, the ability to discuss swinging as an option would have to be on the table.
    What do you get the man that has everything?
    Nothing. Fuck that guy.

Having split-up with my wife a year-and-a-half ago I have some first hand experience here. Yes I would miss it, but I also know that I don't have to. I am not a monogamous person. Never have been, never will be. I've tried for period of time in my first and second marriages and it just leaves a huge hole in my soul. Therefore, I only seek partners that are like-minded in ideology regarding non-monogamy and kink. I don't waste time trying to be someone I'm not or trying to convince someone to be something they aren't. There are plenty of people just like us if you just look in the right places.
    "Sex is something you do, sexuality is something you are." ~ Anna Freud
    Blog: Bigger Love

Dave & Holly

I would miss it because all the fun we had together doing it, and how we had taken a journey together to a place most never will know. Don't know for sure about continuing, the answer is probably yes, but I think it would be really hard for a while.
    Not all those who wander are lost

Sunny...For Your Pleasure sunbuckus's Avatar
    Status
    Couple - She posts 99.99% of the time

I knew I partly answered this question somewhere else (a year ago, too!). My answer is still the same...however I know the OP asked about not being able to continue swinging afterwards and I think I would be okay with that, partly because of what cplnuswing said:

Quote Originally Posted by cplnuswing View Post
    I would miss it because all the fun we had together doing it, and how we had taken a journey together to a place most never will know.
    Somehow, the loss of Mr. Sun combined with how our swinging journey was something we did together...the scene, the atmosphere, the environment might just remind me of him and would sadden me so if I couldn't swing, it probably wouldn't matter if I was in that frame of mind.
    Let us be your playground!