socolais

Won't you be my neighbor

We noticed an unusual car parked on the street in front of the house this morning. Didn't think much about it at the time. Not an everyday thing, but not unheard of either. About 3:00 this afternoon I was fixing myself a snack in the kitchen and saw another car drive up close to it. The passenger got out, dressed in total theme party slut-wear (plastic grass skirt, black panties and probably a dozen scarves draped over her shoulders), got into the parked car and drove away. I nearly spilled my beer reaching to spread the blinds so I could get a better look. I don't remember her hair (the swaying of the grass distracted me), but she was comfortably plump (about typical for a swingers profile).

Sombody had a house party and didn't invite me..........

Ok...I'm sitting here laughing my behind off! I could nearly see your face, oh that was priceless! The hidden world of swingers...you just never know!

I nearly spilled my beer reaching to spread the blinds so I could get a better look.

Sombody had a house party and didn't invite me..........

:rofl: You really should go to those neighborhood association meetings more often, you might be missing more than you think!

See the media does have an influence.. Swingtowns is a HIT, LOL

Now the immediate key tasks are:

Remembering what the Car looked like, so if need be you can locate it again.. and ask her , Won't you be my neighbor..

Figuring out who had the party, and how to get on thier guest lists..

We have a house locally, like within visual distance that, once a month, the driveway, and the lawn get loaded with cars til the wee hours of the morning.. the Mrs and i chuckle when it happens, cause the draipes are usually tactfully open are drawn and its easy to see the lights are on in the whole house

Hmm wonder what THEY'RE doing...

We have a house locally, like within visual distance that, once a month, the driveway, and the lawn get loaded with cars til the wee hours of the morning.. the Mrs and i chuckle when it happens, cause the draipes are usually tactfully open are drawn and its easy to see the lights are on in the whole house

Hmm wonder what THEY'RE doing...

Bible study would be my guess.:)

Guest screaminggood

I'm packing up and moving across the lake as fast as I can! I'll pick up the flowers for the lei grass along the way!

next time you see that car parked nearby, go start asking your neighbors if you can borrow a cup of sugar...

I'm packing up and moving across the lake as fast as I can! I'll pick up the flowers for the lei grass along the way!

Come on down......

next time you see that car parked nearby, go start asking your neighbors if you can borrow a cup of sugar...

I have a plan,,,,, the trash is normally collected on Tuesday mornings. A big party should make a big trash pile.....

:lol:

We are hoping for some of your luck :lol: - the house next door is for sale! :eek:

The one that looks down into our hot tub!!! *fingers crossed*

:lol:

We are hoping for some of your luck :lol: - the house next door is for sale! :eek:

The one that looks down into our hot tub!!! *fingers crossed*

Hottub eh? :hahaha:

I have a plan,,,,, the trash is normally collected on Tuesday mornings. A big party should make a big trash pile.....

Ok.. its Tuesday night...what evidence did you find inspector?

I just have this mental image of you driving around the block at a snails pace peering in everyones garbage can.

Ok.. its Tuesday night...what evidence did you find inspector?

I just have this mental image of you driving around the block at a snails pace peering in everyones garbage can.

I walked through the alleys this morning and discovered that my plan was a little flawed - all the trash piles were large. Trash hasn't been collected since last Tuesday morning and I didn't see anything that indicated an adult sleep-over party. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on the neighbors.

I walked through the alleys this morning and discovered that my plan was a little flawed - all the trash piles were large. Trash hasn't been collected since last Tuesday morning and I didn't see anything that indicated an adult sleep-over party. I'll just have to keep a closer eye on the neighbors.

Thats because 37 condoms don't make a BIG pile... And 4 bottles of lube dont take up that much room..

LOL

I've got a bunch of leis leftover from our beach party . . . wanna' borrow one so you can offer it to your neighbor . . . ? As a bonus, you can claim you got lei'ed by me! ;)

=)

I've got a bunch of leis leftover from our beach party . . . wanna' borrow one so you can offer it to your neighbor . . . ? As a bonus, you can claim you got lei'ed by me! ;)

=)

LOL!!! that's the best offer I've had all day ;)

This makes me wonder about my own neighbors. I will have to keep my eyes open for signs.

This makes me wonder about my own neighbors. I will have to keep my eyes open for signs.

Not sure how you could tell in the more Hispanic parts of FL since a party is had every weekend (at least around here!). LOL It might not be the kind of part we're discussing here though. ::P:

BTW...how does one get an invite to a swingers house party anyway? hehehehe ;)

BTW...how does one get an invite to a swingers house party anyway? hehehehe ;)

I'm surprised no one has commented on the need to prove your usefullness before getting an invite.

"Ecsuse me Mrs Jones, I see your throwing a party. I believe I have just the thing to liven things up."

This is off-topic for what socolais started the thread for, but it has something to do with the "Won't you be my neighbor" subject line. (I'm lookin' for that "fame-by-association" vibe, I guess.)

For about seven years I actually lived in Mister Rogers' neighborhood, the Oakland and Shadyside neighborhoods in Pittsburgh. At that time I was going to grad school and also had my first real (corporate) job.

During that time I walked a lot (actually a pleasure of urban living; inexpensive and healthy if you're a grad student -- or newly-employed drone -- on a budget) in the city. I often passed, or was just a few blocks away, from Mister Rogers' home, or his workplace, WQED, during my "commute".

In fact, one day I was returning from an afternoon visit to a University of Pittsburgh library, and as I was walking along Fifth Avenue, there was the man himself. I knew much of Mr. R, but I didn't have the connection my younger counterparts would have. Me? I was raised in the Captain Kangaroo (post-Howdy Doody) era. No matter. As soon as I saw him, it was probably evident that I was beaming. The man was charismatic. He saw my goofy smile and he said, "Hello." I said, "Hello."

I was really happy that I saw a Pittsburgh celebrity (no comments from yinz more cosmopolitan posters, please), but later I was gratified to realize that there was a really good guy walking among us all. With a message that is universal: love and understanding.

I'm rather doubtful that MisterRogers would approve of the things we on this Board partake of, but I'm solid in the belief that he would have really tried to understand why all of those things were in some way important to us.

So, I guess I'm suggesting that we all be more understanding of our neighbors...even the ones we don't understand...yet.

Thrax

Or, bring fondue as a good neighbor gesture. ::P:

Thrax, I know what you mean about meeting celebrities. Grace Hopper once sat beside me on a flight and I still have the microsecond she gave me. She's not quite as well known as Mr. Rogers but she wrote the first computer compiler application that later evolved into Fortran.

LFM2, I think we still have that old fondue pot with the little color coded forks. I think I have the party house narrowed down to 3 possibilities. One of those houses has a rainbow Texas flag flying in the back yard. I may not be as interested in their party as I originally thought.

I actually had that happen. We were having a fun weekend and the single lady in the next townhouse must have heard us and wanted to check it out. We were all sure that she noticed the mattress on the floor and the fact that all four of us were in bathrobes at 3pm. :lol:

We made sure that the next round of play was extra loud.:EG:

Mr FC4L

Thrax, I know what you mean about meeting celebrities. Grace Hopper once sat beside me on a flight and I still have the microsecond she gave me. She's not quite as well known as Mr. Rogers but she wrote the first computer compiler application that later evolved into Fortran.

Dude, that's a nanosecond. The big coil of wire in her bag was the microsecond. (~1000ft.) I treasure mine too. I got it at her lecture at the ISEF.

LFM2, I think we still have that old fondue pot with the little color coded forks. I think I have the party house narrowed down to 3 possibilities. One of those houses has a rainbow Texas flag flying in the back yard. I may not be as interested in their party as I originally thought.

I just passed soda through my nose. I think it's a miracle. I need to be debriefed by a priest. (ref. George Carlin)

:D

Mr FC4L

• Like 1

Dude, that's a nanosecond. The big coil of wire in her bag was the microsecond. (~1000ft.) I treasure mine too. I got it at her lecture at the ISEF.

I just passed soda through my nose. I think it's a miracle. I need to be debriefed by a priest. (ref. George Carlin)

:D

Mr FC4L

Yep, you're right about the nanosecond, about 30cm. Thanks, it was a long time ago.

I think I have the party house narrowed down to 3 possibilities. One of those houses has a rainbow Texas flag flying in the back yard. I may not be as interested in their party as I originally thought.

Bummer! But you might want to keep an eye out, just in case you're wrong. ;)

=)