evulkitty

Where do poor swingers go?

In addition to not having a lot of time for our swinging desires, we find it difficult to find places to go to find other swingers. Its not that clubs and websites aren't available, its just that we can't always afford them. We're not rich folks at all, and we appreciate the fact that most of the people we have met do not judge us based on financial status. We're not dirty or ignorant or unattractive . . .we just don't have a lot of money . . .(and I don't mean to imply that poor people in general are dirty, ignorant and unattractive, so let me clear that up before that gets taken the wrong way).

We've been members at Swappernet and a couple of others and very much enjoyed being members, but sometimes when the membership runs out, we can't afford to renew it (like now, for example), and it seems that most of these sites render themselves basically useless when downgraded to "free status". You can't view pics or complete profiles, you can't send e mails or receive them in some cases. It's quite often maddening because you might see an individual or couple that you think might be compatible, but you can't contact them.

We're not useless members of society . . .we have jobs, a home, kids who go to school, food on the table . . .we're just "breaking even" I suppose is the way to put it.

How many couples or single people have missed out on meeting and having fun with a really great couple (Yes, that would be us . . .lol) because we couldn't afford to renew our membership at that time? Where can we go that is free and discreet . . . or at least cheaper . . . that has any kind of large membership?

We have a membership to one that gave me a "free month" . . . .then when it expired and I had not renewed it gave me "3 more months to help me decide" . . .I think I'm just gonna keep on going to see how long they keep "helping me decide", but the problem with them is that they have a small membership and it seems to be localized in another area of the country far from us.

We LOVED Swappernet, and our profile still floats around over there, we just can't do much with it since our membership expired.

Anyone have any suggestions for us?

Poor people wanna have fun too!! lol

Guest Pinmonkey

swinglifestyle.com is a fantastic free site. It does offer paid memberships, however the free memberships still allow you to view profiles (15 per day) and email with other members. The limit is the amount of profiles you can see per day and the number of pictures on the profiles you see. Other wise you won't notice much of a difference between paid and free members.

I know that adultfriendfinder is basically useless unless you are paid member. I'm not really familiar with any others, but SLS is definitely a medal winner.

Pinmonkey said:
swinglifestyle.com is a fantastic free site

Not if you're a single man it isn't. If you don't pay a fee after a week, they delete your profile. :rolleyes:

cjlondonuk said:
Not if you're a single man it isn't. If you don't pay a fee after a week, they delete your profile. :rolleyes:

Really? I haven't noticed that here. A quick search revealed several single men with free profiles, and some have been on the site over 2 years.

Anyway, as free sites go, we will Dito Pinmonkey's comments about SLS.

I was just about to post the same thing. "Our" regular single male friend has been a free member for over two years on sls. :confused:

Funny, but I had filled out the form to join SLS last night, and had received my "profile approval" e mail before I had even gotten a reply to this post . . . lol

Oh well, for anyone in Michigan . . . we got the same name over there, guess we'll see how it works. I've already used up my 15 profile views for the day, so I'm just kinda rapping my fingers on the desk now.

Only bad thing about working from home, is that nobody else seems to . . . makes "regular work hours" kinda lonely, ya know?

But hey, had a GREAT time with the new digicam last night so I'm ready for anyone who writes us over there :cool:

. . . .and now I just read where explicit photos will be taken off of SLS . . . isn't my timing just great.

:(

Guest Pinmonkey
Not if you're a single man it isn't. If you don't pay a fee after a week, they delete your profile. :rollseyes

Sorry, I haven't been single in a while now and really didn't pay much attention to how they treat single male profiles. And since evulkitty is a couple it really doesn't apply to them anyway.

evulkitty said:
Only bad thing about working from home, is that nobody else seems to . . . makes "regular work hours" kinda lonely, ya know?

hah... welcome to the land of forum surfing. watch out, it is more addictive than crack.

As for pay sites and swinging, it seems lots of people want to cash in on swinging.... but like a lot of things in life, paying more doesn't mean you get anything better.

we would put our email address in our profile (if they don't allow it, you can just say, 'my at email dot com' or something people can translate) and people get in touch with us that way. we found a lot of the really big, national sites weren't very useful, there are plenty of free sites which are local and had better listings.

evulkitty said:
In addition to not having a lot of time for our swinging desires, we find it difficult to find places to go to find other swingers. Its not that clubs and websites aren't available, its just that we can't always afford them. We're not rich folks at all, and we appreciate the fact that most of the people we have met do not judge us based on financial status. We're not dirty or ignorant or unattractive . . .we just don't have a lot of money . . .(and I don't mean to imply that poor people in general are dirty, ignorant and unattractive, so let me clear that up before that gets taken the wrong way).

;) You're not alone! I know alot of couples who are in the same situation! We used to be one of them until I got my new job. Of course we still aren't rich or anything!!!!

There are other ways of meeting couples in your area. Is there any local meet and greets in the area? House parties? SLS is a great place to start. We have been a member there now for over 2 1/2 years and found some wonderful people just like us. Don't worry about paying ( until you can or able to) We were a free member there for a while. You can only view 15 profiles a day, but at least others can contact you if you like. Posting a picture, even if a private picture that you can open is very helpful. Fill out your profile to tell exactly what you are looking for and not looking for. The majority of the people there are really nice. Meet and greets if there is one in your area like there is here, cost nothing to go too. Instead of drinking we get water instead. Better than driving home drunk! LOL.. Even if you buy one drink, they aren't to expensive. Most couples will understand not having lots of extra money. I know we were there and totally understand! Have you tried yahoo groups for area swingers? I know there are several here in Ohio just for people in our towns. Once you meet a few couples.. the friends list keeps getting bigger. Wish you the very best of luck & remember your not alone!

I have to admit using friendfinder,alt.com is really a pain. Even when others make contact to a free member, waste of time for both because You can not reply back if you're a free member. Bad is good/fishbone are the worst. I have totally agree with evilkitty 100%.

Welcome to SLS!! We have found this site to be one of the best, if not the best, for finding people. We too are in the same boat, albeit a small boat and not a yacht, so we are careful where we post. We have had our profile posted for quite some time now and we don't seem to go over the 15 profile limit very often. We will say it can be like "crack" when one gets started... trying to find all those great people. SLS is user friendly Needless to say, there are loads (pun intended) of great people on SLS. We wish you nothing less than the best.

I agree with everyone else...SLS is a great free site!!!

We aint high class, but we aint white trash here either!!!

Baremama

We don't have all kinds of money to throw around either. We try to use our boat, since we're paying for it anyway. Nice way to multi-task.

Just be creative. Don't you like the great out-of-doors? It's still free, most places. :cool:

As for SLS, if you are a single man you can only view five(5) profiles a day. Since I had a paid membership for over a year, my profile wasn't deleted when it expired, but I still have to wait on others to contact me, and that's not likely to happen unless it is someone you wrote to when you were a paid member. On SLS, single men can't initiate ANY kind of contact, post on the forums, or use the chat room if they are free members. That in itself limits their ability make an impression beyond their profile.

I just have to respond and say that unless something has changed since we went from free to paid, the 15 profile limit viewing was limited to each session. I would simply log off and re-log back in, and go back to where I left off. Minor inconvenience? yes. But it held us over for over a year til we decided to become paid members. Can't speak for the single male part though since our profile is a couple profile.

We have met a lot of great people on our local Yahoo swinger sites... our area (the Pacific NW) has a large number of Yahoo groups that are for local swingers :)

We are also SLS members as well... :)

:kissface:

Mrs WA

If you save up, you can buy a lifetime membership on SLS, which is was less expensive then constantly renewing it. Ours was $99. But it saves you well over $99 the first year.

I personally don't like swapper or aff. Sexy Ads isn't bad.

The other suggestion I had for you that is free, is to search the yahoo groups for swing club/associations in your area. We belong to a few of them for clubs we belong to and not only are there club forums, but they offer chat, photo albums, and ways to meet people on IM. It is completely free with your yahoo account. (which is also free)

If you find a club that you are interested in attending, contact the owners first and see if they will allow you to pay the membership fee, but waive the door fee for the first time. I have heard a lot of them do. Also, most clubs have a cheeper night, usually the first or last weekend of the month. (you will find that out through their group)

Some clubs will let you in free if you bring new-members with you.

Also, if you are handy or have free time, a lot of clubs will waive your door fees if you and your wife are willing to work for them a few nights.

Well I can honestly say that we are free members on aff and sls and we do have about 190 friends on aff and we only use aff for the chat rooms and to post to our friends but as for a free member SLS is the best site out there. We have meet more people from SLS then we have from aff and we even have more friends on aff, just most of them just want to chat and not meet for real.

We have tried to post a private party on SLS but since we are free members we can not post it on there but we can post it on aff so both sites do have their own advantages in their own way I guess. But if your looking for a really good free site then I would say stay with SLS.