Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    single

Default Are singles looked down upon?

Ok I have been reading through others posts looking for information.

I see that "the wedding band" is a highly mentioned topic.

Now are people who are single (such as myself) looked down upon in the swinger community?

Status
    Tired

If you are a male then yes. Single males are not really wanted by a majority of swingers, and this coupled with bad experiances with single males makes most swingers not want single males.

Single females are more welcome since while bi-male swingers are somewhat rare (at least in 'public' no need to start that thread again here) bi females are the norm. Another factor is single males outnumber single females in swinging by some huge number to 1 so they are not much of an issue.

Swingers Board Addict Brit_Pair's Avatar
    Status
    Couple

I wouldn't claim to be qualified to answer whether or not single men are looked down on in the swinger community, but for all of the reasons Chicup stated above, it does seem that a single male has to offer something special if he is to stand out from amongst his brothers, and stand a chance of being invited to play.

What that something special is, I guess, depends upon what happens to be in demand. Good-looks? Youth? Athletic vigour? A winning personality? A monstrous erection? All of the above?

If nothing else, single men appear to be victim to the natural laws of supply and demand. Best polish up your act(s) if you want to succeed.
    Last edited by Brit_Pair; 04-27-2003 at 01:14 PM.

Swingers Board Addict OhioCouple's Avatar
    Status
    Married Female

Originally posted by Brit_Pair
    I wouldn't claim to be qualified to answer whether or not single men are looked down on in the swinger community, but for all of the reasons Chicup stated above, it does seem that a single male has to offer something special if he is to stand out from amongst his brothers, and stand a chance of being invited to play.
    I do agree with both Chicup and Brit_Pair, however for us a couple must offer us something special too in order for us to play together. Everyone has a their likes and dislikes and if a couple that we are considering does not exhibit the behavioral attitudes that we seek, then there is no consideration for play.

Lori
    Remember that human beings are complicated creatures. We like our bedtime routines but dislike routine in our bed times. - Sallie Foley, M.S.W.

Swingers Board Addict Handyman69's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    handyman69

I do agree with both Chicup and Brit_Pair, however for us a couple must offer us something special too in order for us to play together. Everyone has a their likes and dislikes and if a couple that we are considering does not exhibit the behavioral attitudes that we seek, then there is no consideration for play.
    We have discussed having a MMF ( and this also applies to couples). We must...must enjoy each others communication & company in and out of the bedroom. I'm not saying all four must be the best of friends but all must enjoy talking to anyone of the group, and when talking with our partners, Shows a respect for the spouse in his maner of discussions.

John

Status
    single

The reason I asked s bacause I am going to my first swingers club this friday. I don't want to walk in and get ignored by everyone all night. Im not looking for sex but just doing my research. I was unsure if I should bring a female friend or not.

Swingers Board Addict Nymph an' Satyr's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    nymphansatyr

What type of research?

Swingers Board Addict EternallySingle's Avatar
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    ABSingleMan

If you have a female friend who is willing to go with you to a swing club, by all means bring her. In my experience, its not so much that you bring a woman you are romantically involved with, but that you come with a woman who is a friend (and not paid) with you who is willing to participate. As for research, unless you tell everyone up front what you are doing and why, you will not be received well.
    "Style is not lusting after somone because they are cool. Style is loving yourself till everyone else does too."

Prince

Status
    single

Im pretty sure that you all have heard of swappernet.net

My friend and I make and maintain websites for a few swinger organizations.

Swappernet has alot to offer for a monthly membership fee. My friend and I have alot more to offer and for a lower membership fee.

I have been trying to learn and understand swingers and there lifestyle so I would have a better knowlege of the people I would be targeting.

Sence I have been doing my research it has started to appeal to me personaly.

Swingers Board Addict naughty A's Avatar
    Status
    couple - female half

Originally posted by Looking4info

I have been trying to learn and understand swingers and there lifestyle so I would have a better knowlege of the people I would be targeting.

I trust that you are finding this site extremely valuable. You could just try asking us what we want out of a site?

Are single males discriminated against in the swinger lifestyle - without doubt. Mostly because we've been burned before. I've said it before but... How many times do you get burned before you stop playing with matches? How can you know in advance which single guys are different, honest and genuine. How can you successfully weed them out? Yes I can tell that some of the single guys posting here have the right attitude and are honest and genuine but only because I read what they say on certain things and respect their opinions. But if I was interacting with them on a more personal level how would I be able to tell them from the hundreds of less ethical others out there.

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    midwesthornywife

Default Single men can be bad but...

We agree with most of the messages that single men have made a bad name for themselves in many swinger's groups and clubs.

However, we are still interested in single men but we are just very selective. I bet that if your a good guy, it will come through in your letters and meeting all will go well with a couple.

Otherwise, try and find yourself a liberated woman and then you will not have to worry about the single male curse in swinging.

Try www.libchrist.org

Status
    Married Female

Originally posted by Looking4info
    Im pretty sure that you all have heard of swappernet.net

Swappernet has alot to offer for a monthly membership fee. My friend and I have alot more to offer and for a lower membership fee.

Shane, I can admire your zeal for wanting to create a better Swingers website for others and naturally you must start somewhere. However I do have some observations here.

Between your introductions and the other threads you have started, you have stated that you are 18 years of age, that you will be attending a club this Friday (tomorrow) and now you are doing research as you and a friend feel you have a lot more to offer for a lower membership fee than some of the major swinging sites out there.

I've never heard of a swingers club that will allow admittance to an 18 year old. I do believe that in all states you must be 21 years of age to be in any adult only establishment that serves alcohol or where alcohol is present.

I find it rather hard to believe that you and your friend have built and set up adult "swinger" websites (based on your age). Not impossible I'm sure, but highly unlikely. Building a website and building adult websites are two entirely differnt things. I am sure there are many legalities involved in which at your age, you would not have the awareness of.

I happen to be very familiar with Swappernet and we paid less than $100.00 for a lifetime membership in which we have received more than we ever expected out of it. So they do have other options than a monthly payment.

I am really confused Shane as to what your reasoning is here on this board, it seems to change with your postings in each thread.

Lori
    Remember that human beings are complicated creatures. We like our bedtime routines but dislike routine in our bed times. - Sallie Foley, M.S.W.

Swingers Board Addict naughty A's Avatar
    Status
    couple - female half

Originally posted by OhioCouple
    Between your introductions and the other threads you have started, you have stated that you are 18 years of age, that you will be attending a club this Friday (tomorrow) and now you are doing research as you and a friend feel you have a lot more to offer for a lower membership fee than some of the major swinging sites out there.
    Nice to see someone is paying attention Lori - Can't believe I missed this so completely.

Thanks - Naughty A.

Status
    Married Female

Originally posted by naughty A
    Nice to see someone is paying attention Lori - Can't believe I missed this so completely.
    I have no life Naughty A...can't ya tell...

Lori

Swingers Board Addict Roxysbayou's Avatar
    Status
    Married Female
    SLS Handle
    likethat

I couldn't help but have the same thought! How can someone who knows so little about swinging be running a swingers website!
    I put the "grrrr" in swinger baby, yeah!

--Austin Powers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast