Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Swingers Board Addict Tia Vampire's Avatar
    Status
    We are a straight couple She's also a Mistress/Domme
    SLS Handle
    Tia Vampire

Default Re: Profile Names That Turn You Off

We were written by this couple at my SO profile, who's sceen name is DarthVampire. The couple asked us if we were into biting or why the screen name? We told them it was because of the movies and types of books we liked to read. They went on saying that it was a scary name and that we should change it. Sorry, but not going to happen. We love Star Wars and Vampire movies. There for the names stays.

I do agree that screen names like "Bigdick4u", "Allnitelong", "69n69" and " BornSupremacy",are a little more than what we can handle. For a first impression, why put yourselves out like that? Yes a real turn off and like most have said here, we do not even bother opening thier profiles.

Status
    Married to Mrs Good Times
    SLS Handle
    randp

So....apparently my first profile name choice of, "Sexybigdickmanwhore&hotsluttytightpussy4ufor69and sexallnightlong" is not as good a name as it seemed at the time. Good thing Mrs. GT vetoed that one.
    R (He is R, she is P)

Status
    Tired

Any use of 'cum' in the name is a big turn off.

Really any sexual term is a turn off, but for some reason 'cum' really bugs me in most contexts.

Swingers Board Admin cplnuswing's Avatar
    Status
    couple

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    Just this week, I ran into a new SLS profile for a couple in our area; the user name (and I'm not making this up) was "urinarytractinfection."
    Hmmm, let's see. Catchy user name needed for site to hook up for sex, mentally run down list of possible unpleasant side effects of sex, finally settle on the universally sexy "urinarytractinfection." WTF??

We don't overly analyze user names, but the ones that come off as blatantly crude or stuck on themselves already have two strikes against them before we even look at the profile.

The reason we don't put too much stock in user names is they are kind of like your given name. You get them when you are young, figuratively speaking, then as you age you might decide you aren't really all that fond of it but by then it is too late, your identity is already established. Kind of like our's on this site. Just browsing around, found the site, decided to register to see more, first couple user name choices were already taken, so just threw something together that would work. Now, our identity is a hard one to remember and no one is sure whether the "nu" is "new" or "and you." Lesson learned though, we used something easier on SLS.

Status
    Married Female
    SLS Handle
    rpu3

Quote Originally Posted by good times View Post
    So....apparently my first profile name choice of, "Sexybigdickmanwhore&hotsluttytightpussy4ufor69and sexallnightlong" is not as good a name as it seemed at the time. Good thing Mrs. GT vetoed that one.
    What, couldn't work "cum" in there, too?
    I'll give up my bad habits as soon as equally satisfying good habits become available. A. Brilliant

Status
    Married to Mrs Good Times
    SLS Handle
    randp

Quote Originally Posted by rpu3 View Post
    What, couldn't work "cum" in there, too?
    No silly, that we would have saved for the profile tag line, "Cum like you've never cum before!".
    R (He is R, she is P)

Being good is overrated sweet_tna's Avatar
    Status
    The boss of Mr. Sweet
    SLS Handle
    Sweet_tna

I'm not turned on by crude or arrogant sounding profile names, either. Ours actually is a play on words, but no one ever seems to "get it".
    I'd rather go to hell for doing something I enjoyed than heaven wondering what it's like.

Registered
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    ktowncouple

Mr. Krazy here, for the most part i hate profile names like "spoiledbitch" and "Canbeexpessive" and "Golddigger69". also names like "Moodylady" and "Girlwithissues". i mean that's like saying "i don't really want you to look at my profile unless you like someone who's after what you can give them or people with attitude problems." its a crazy world folks, crazy.

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    couple

now you've given me a complex but in my defence id like to say there were no sexual connotation's meant when choosing my user name just what was available and inexperience now can i change it PLEASE.

Swingers Board Addict Tybee Swing's Avatar
    Status
    single female

Quote Originally Posted by crazycatz View Post
    Is anyone else the same?
    Yeppers!

Quote Originally Posted by crazycatz View Post
    If so, what kinda names turn you off?
    Pretty much what everyone else said. I'll also add anyone who calls themselves "master" or "mistress", because we are so not into that scene. Our feeling is that if that is their username, it's a big part of who they are and how they play, and they're not for us. The reason I say this is that we've had some of them try to talk us into it saying it's "not that big a thing" for them. Ummm....but it's your username....obviously it's a big part.

Our username was created with locals in mind. People from around here will "get it". Tybee is the beach here, and our beach has swings up and down the beach every hundred yards or so, in the dunes facing the ocean. We love those swings, especially late at night. So, ours is sort of a play on words.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    couple

Quote Originally Posted by hamlet View Post
    Just this week, I ran into a new SLS profile for a couple in our area; the user name (and I'm not making this up) was "urinarytractinfection." Can't quite say why, but I didn't find myself erotically motivated.
    lol... I had to look this one up. I can safely say, we would answer "Not only no, but HELL No". This has to be a joke.

We usually discount most of names posted above as guys posing as couples. Really, if you are serious, why start with an uphill battle. We've actually used a different profile on SLS because some thought this one was sexual. In reality, I like purple and tigers so I put them together (similar to the purple monkey I see running around here occasionally )

On the other hand, Redeyes, 69 has never bothered us. We think of that as the userid being taken and trying to come up with one that will work.

Swingers Board Addict
    Status
    couple

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_tna View Post
    I'm not turned on by crude or arrogant sounding profile names, either. Ours actually is a play on words, but no one ever seems to "get it".
    I like your profile name! I think it's sexy without being arrogant or blatant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee_Swing
    Our username was created with locals in mind. People from around here will "get it". Tybee is the beach here, and our beach has swings up and down the beach every hundred yards or so, in the dunes facing the ocean. We love those swings, especially late at night. So, ours is sort of a play on words.
    Wow, I never knew they had swings on the beaches there. We're going to have to plan a vacation there. Our kids can play on them during the day, then at night.......

Being good is overrated sweet_tna's Avatar
    Status
    The boss of Mr. Sweet
    SLS Handle
    Sweet_tna

Thanks Purpletiger!
    I'd rather go to hell for doing something I enjoyed than heaven wondering what it's like.

Registered
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    wnycoolcpl

Cool Re: Profile Names That Turn You Off

Quote Originally Posted by sexcupid View Post
    I agree with some other posters...let me decide if you are hot, or have a nice dick, or whatever else you are claiming.

I am not quite into the derrogatory names either. The only person I'm comfortable with calling me names like that is Jeff, and that only tends to be during intense playtimes and happens very seldom.

My username across sites is sexcupid. Why? Mostly because it's easier to remember just one username.... Makes me think of a naughtier version of that love-giving cupid. But I'm not entirely sure how others take it.

Maria

We agree 100% Why are there so many hotcouple this or hottiecouple that? Who are they trying to convince? It's a turn off for us,as are derrogatory names and profile info.

Maria,your profile name is cute and sexy as are most that post here!

Swingers Board Addict TwoLittleBirds's Avatar
    Status
    Happily married. M:38 F:34
    SLS Handle
    twolittlebirds

Sometimes I worry our screenie is too cutesy. On the other hand, it let's you know what we're about pretty quick! At least we didn't go with The Snuggle Bugs. But it would give the right idea about us, and if people don't like hanging out with that kind of couple, they should get ample warning.

On the other end of the spectrum, I know we'd probably be uncomfortable around 2hot4u, bigtitsndick69 or Urinarytractinfection.

By the way, I'm in fair shape. Yet I cannot go all night long. I'm assuming that "all night long" starts at about 11 pm and runs until about 7 am. That's 8 hours of pumping. Am I the only swinger guy who CAN'T go all night long? Maybe I could increase my cardio workout. Then, maybe, and I mean maybe, I could perform all evening long, you know, from about 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. or so. I come across a very large number of posts in which "my man can go all night long."
    Mr. Little Bird thinks Mrs. Little Bird is very cute...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast