Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Swingers Board Addict

Post How long does a woman stay bicurious?

Julie,

I don't know anything about all those percentages and all, and I guess I'm still lost over that thread a few months ago concerning the dental damn... lol

I want to ask a question in all seriousness here. It's not meant to rile anyone up or degenerate into a name-calling post. Since I don't have any idea about the answer, here goes:

How long does a woman stay Bi-Curious??

I ask because we personally know women who have been swinging for many years and are still saying they are Bi-Curious! In my opinion, either you are straight or bisexual.

Ron, Husband of Stratecpl
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Here to Stay
    Status
    couple str8m/bifem

From the people I have met most women who say they are bi-curious are actually bi. They are very picky about the women they are with or the others don't want it posted that they are fully bi. To me it's like the women who buy there clothes a size to small so they don't have to admitt how they actually are.

Just my two cents

Marsha

Status
    Married Fem.

I dont think it is possible to remain bi-CURIOUS after you have actually had a bi experience. That seems to refer more to the fantasy stage.
    However I think a lot of women (and some men) are more bi-open than actually bisexual. Able to be sexual with someone of the same sex in certain situations but not living an actual lifestyle of bisexuality.
    I would guess that those women make up the vast majority of females in swinging, but maybe they are just using bi-curious to describe it

Swingers Board Addict

Talking

Well, I guess I'm just awed by the amount of time involved here. If you can't decide this in six years you need more than we could offer here on this board! Seems to me that one or two trial runs should be enough for even the most stubborn person to make a decision!!!

Status
    couple

Lightbulb

Strate,

What you've run into, is a couple who hasn't learned all the terminology yet.

There are more than 2 stages of BI.

BI
    BI-Curious
    Aggressive BI
    Passive BI

Many people confuse Passive Bi with BI-Curious. Passive Bi people will state they are Bi-curious. When in all actuality, they are Bi, but very picky about who they are with, and who is the dominate partner.

Much like gay males. You have a top (aggressive) and a bottom (passive). Passives generally seek out aggressives. While aggressives will seek both.

Short answer, they're bi. They just don't persue women as aggressively as others do.
    Phonies and Fakes Need not apply. We're as real as it gets, and don't have time to be wasting on dumbasses.

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Originally posted by Stratecpl:
    How long does a woman stay Bi-Curious??

I ask because we personally know women who have been swinging for many years and are still saying they are Bi-Curious! In my opinion, either you are straight or bisexual.

Ya know this is a question I wonder about as well. To me it seems like you can only be bi-CURIOUS until you've tried it. Then if you like it, you're bi. IF you don't you're straight. I don't think you can stay curious forever tho.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Originally posted by danc694u:

There are more than 2 stages of BI.

BI
    BI-Curious
    Aggressive BI
    Passive BI

Short answer, they're bi. They just don't persue women as aggressively as others do.
    Wouldn't passive bi be those who are willing to receive only. You see a lot of that in the lifestyle. I would equate to what someone else called "bi-open". You are willing to be touched or receive oral from someone of the same sex but you aren't willing to give.

I, personally wouldn't even consider this bi. More like something they are just doing to make other people happy. (If they shut their eyes they don't know if it's male or female.. kinda thing).
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Status
    couple

Originally posted by JustAskJulie:
    Wouldn't passive bi be those who are willing to receive only. You see a lot of that in the lifestyle

I, personally wouldn't even consider this bi.
    We wouldn't either. But, there are those that just aren't as aggresive about it as others. They enjoy it, and are willing to give as well as receive. They just don't actively persue it.

I guess we need a bi-meter now. To see who is really bi and, who is just doing it to please someone else.
    Phonies and Fakes Need not apply. We're as real as it gets, and don't have time to be wasting on dumbasses.

Swingers Board Addict

another reason I'm glad I'm 10000000000% str8 It's much simpler! LOL

Connie

TNT
    Status
    couple
    SLS Handle
    tblonde312

LOL..Bi-meter...we have often talked about this ourselves...this is what we came up with...

Str8________________Bi________________Gay/Les
    sex_______but______equally__but_________sex
    __________sometimes_________sometimes_______
    ___________same______________opposite________

I think most people fall somewhere on this scale...I myself fall somewhere between mostly opposite and enjoys both equally.

Teresa

It only took me three times to get it to look this good, but hopefully you get the jest of it...lol.
    [ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: TNT ]

Ted and Teresa
    No lifetime is enough unless you live it in such a way as to make it enough.

Swingers Board Addict

Thank everyone for their input here. I was really amazed at how long it must take to make up one's mind! (talk about indecision!!!) I agree, you're curious until you've actually TRIED it...then either you are bi or NOT bi. But if you all have browsed the major swinger sites you have all seen thousands of profiles vehemently stating "BI-CURIOUS" and for the length of time they have been swinging varies from several months to many years. Back to the drawing board, I guess!! LOL

End of discussion, guys. Again, thanks for your input!!

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Originally posted by Stratecpl:
    seen thousands of profiles vehemently stating "BI-CURIOUS" and for the length of time they have been swinging varies from several months to many years. Back to the drawing board, I guess!! LOL
    Of course you have to consider that some may have started out completely straight then over time found that they may be attracted to the same sex (slightly bi-curious) then decided they may want to try it (bi-curious).. which would explain the length of time they have been swingers. When we first started swinging I was completely straight, a few months later I discovered I was considering trying something with a girl I was very close to who had mentioned some of her fantasies to me... it just went from there. For some the path may be longer than others. At this point I would say I'm somewhere around "mostly opposite/sometimes same". As far as enjoying sex with girls. However, when checking people out I find myself checking out girls more often than guys sometimes or at least as often.

Registered
    Status
    Couple

We have had fun, too, wondering about how long you can stay 'curious' about something you have tried.
    I consider myself 'bi-comfortable'. I really like guys, have never initiated an encounter with another female, but in a close sexual situation I like 'people' to touch and to be touched by.
    Sometimes, another girl will know exactly what will make an experience "out of this world" and in that situation I love to be both the giver and the receiver.
    I do feel sorry for you guys that most men can not be as comfortable with accidentially touching each other as we girls. Especially in a situation with new swinging partners, I see how my husband has part of his attention on not offending anybody by getting too close to another man, attention he should have fully on giving and receiving pleasure.

Love to all,
    B of BandA

"If you can't fuck your friends, who can you fuck?"

My wife and I are both new to the lifestyle and this board. But seems to us that everyone wants to put a label on everything and everyone. Lets just enjoy the adventure and have fun. We get labeled plenty by the general public without having to add our own labels.

Status
    couple

Originally posted by NELA Couple:
    My wife and I are both new to the lifestyle and this board. But seems to us that everyone wants to put a label on everything and everyone.
    Personally, we like the labels. God forbid that we go into a club. Take a couple back to our room, only to find out they aren't married. But, the female brought her GAY (male) friend with her for some fun!

Sometimes, labels are a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast