Chitowndk4u

Getting wife to accept her bi-side

My wife is bi-sexual, but she doesn't like being called that. Her friend calls her that all the time.

She has been with two women (once with me and once with a couple without me) and she has done everything with them. She doesn't like to refer to herself as bi and she likes to act like she isn't, but we know she is and enjoyed her experiences as she dove right in each time (no pun intended)

Any suggestions on how to get her to accept this about herself?

She sounds a lot like me, but I can't really call myself bi-sexual either.

I think it all depends on definition. I love playing with women. I guess I am bi-comfortable, bi-sensual, but not bi-sexual. Bi-sexual to me is being able to have an exclusive, loving relationship with a woman, just as I can with a man. I have to have my man, which in my twisted little mind, makes me more heterosexual than bi-sexual. I love having sex with women, but to have a one-on-one relationship with just one woman would be out of the question.

Just my $.02 :)

I hear what you're saying. I understand it. So what do you think she should refer to herself as?

I personally don't like labels, but as we know these things get placed on us.

I hear what you're saying. I understand it. So what do you think she should refer to herself as?

I personally don't like labels, but as we know these things get placed on us.

Then throw the labels away!!! Just say sometimes she likes a woman's touch:facelick: Or whatever description of herself she is comfortable with.

People use to ask if my wife was bi. I just got to the point where I told them to ask her. She has her own description which really doesn't include the word bi. And I don't accidentally label her with something she is uncomfortable with.

Yeah, I'm in agreement with getting rid of the specific "labels" -- especially if the person in question isn't very comfortable with the term being applied to them.

I have a gal who refers to herself as a drunken "hetero-flexible" who doesn't mind groping or kissing on other gals when she's three-sheets to the wind. I always found that really silly - but it works for her

I have a gal who refers to herself as a drunken "hetero-flexible" who doesn't mind groping or kissing on other gals when she's three-sheets to the wind. I always found that really silly - but it works for her

That describes about 100% of the females we know! :hahaha:

In profiles we've seen "bi-sensual", "bi-comfortable", "bi-curious", "bi-situational", "bi-selfish" , "likes the touch of a woman", "likes to kiss a woman". We've also seen women and been with women who claim to be straight but are in fact bi.

Bottom line, just relay the fact that she is interested in women in a manner which is comfortable to her. Let her read this thread and pick a "label" or tag line. :D

• Confused 1

I have to agree with BiloxiCouple. :) I am what I am. No labels here. I'm just happy to be me! :)

• Confused 1

I have to agree with BiloxiCouple. :) I am what I am. No labels here. I'm just happy to be me! :)

:thankyou: Somebody agrees with me:lol:

• Confused 1

I don't disagree with LFM, just wanted to point out that, unfortunately labels are less for ourselves than to help others understand us. My .02, for what it's worth. ;)

• Confused 1

Anyone else getting an image of Gary Larson's "The Far Side" comic where there's this one penguin standing amidst a whole flock of other penguins ... and he's belting out at the top of his lungs...

"I gotta be me! I gotta be me!!"

• Confused 1

FWIW, Mrs. knb self-identifies as "bisexual", but she too is interested in other women only for sex, and can't see herself in an LTR with a woman. Of course, since I have declared her mine for all time, were that prospect to come up, it would have to be a three way relationship.

• Confused 1

Susan here-- I play bi in group scenes, but never felt bisexual. I just like to say,"I"'m couple friendly' . :)

• Confused 1

My wife is bi-sexual, but she doesn't like being called that.
Then Dont !

Her friend calls her that all the time.
Let them so what, you dont have to.

She has been with two women (once with me and once with a couple without me) and she has done everything with them. She doesn't like to refer to herself as bi and she likes to act like she isn't, but we know she is and enjoyed her experiences as she dove right in each time (no pun intended)

Call her wonderful instead.... It could just be between you two ;)

Well, I guess we will know now :cool:

• Confused 1

My wife is bi-sexual, but she doesn't like being called that. Her friend calls her that all the time.

Why is it important? Quit fuckin' buggin' her and let her be herself!!!!!!

Stop teasing her, Stand up for her when your friends start teasing her and tell them to stop. If they are friends they will listen and stop. Love her for who she is. Don't worry so much about putting a label on her. Let her be herself.

Stop teasing her, Stand up for her when your friends start teasing her and tell them to stop. If they are friends they will listen and stop. Love her for who she is. Don't worry so much about putting a label on her. Let her be herself.

I didn't say she was teasing her, only that she calls her that. It's not meant to be hurtful and it isn't taken that way, it's all in a joking manner.

I'm not going to bother with the label.