Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Default Re: Dealing with drunk people when you're not

Quote Originally Posted by SnowwwWhite View Post
    Since I'm very new to the lifestyle and still considering my options maybe I just haven't read the memo yet that says it's commonplace to have sex with whoever you want as long as there's attraction. I still have a sense of hesitation and want to stay STD-free. Maybe that means I'll only play with select couples I've taken time to know (yes, including asking them questions).

Maybe that also means I won't have as much fun as the ones who "just go with it," and maybe I'm missing the point of swinging altogether. But I do know one thing: As long as I control my drinking I'll make wiser decisions in who I play with. And I'll still have fun in a way I'm comfortable with, and with a risk I'm comfortable with. And I'll be less of a risk to the people I play with.
    There is no memo. Everyone chooses what they are ok with and how they will go about choosing their partners. What worries me is when I see folks who are new (like yourself) who seem to think that the precautions they take can really minimize their risks more than anything else. Picking your partners wisely is definately a good thing, but do they take as much time to pick theirs? If you go the route of requiring STD tests, that's great... but as Lee said they are only as good as the paper they are printed on, since some STDs don't show up right away and the test is completely null and void as soon as the person has sex with anyone again... so unless you plan to live in that person's body you have no idea if they are being as careful as you are at picking play partners.... and even if they are... was the last person they screwed as careful?

The best line to always remember is that whenever you have sex with someone, you are having sex with EVERYONE they have had sex with before you. When you think of it that way, it's hard not to see that no matter how cautious you are, you are always taking risks.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couples or single male

I know from personal expereince..That yeah some people are fine when they are sober then when the get to drinking they are totally different people..There's a huge problem there, that they have to get so plastered to do anything..Yeah that's deffently a huge turn off..I know from personal expereince that its not fun for either party..Its sad that this person get's this way..

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

We've walked away from people who were 'too drunk' and I feel sorry for cuminmd's wife as in if they become regular swingers, she might end up with a drinking problem as well hehehehe...

Just wondering if things are different in your neck of the woods, over here, it's considered un-fashionable to get drunk when attending lifestyle events...our bonus I guess, as that works perfectly into our plan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Quote Originally Posted by MapleSwingers View Post

Just wondering if things are different in your neck of the woods, over here, it's considered un-fashionable to get drunk when attending lifestyle events...our bonus I guess, as that works perfectly into our plan!
    No it's the same here. Most people aren't too interested in people who are obviously drunk.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2