Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Female

Default Do you want to know who your potential partners have been with?

I have a random weird question.

Do any of you ever really really wonder who the other couples you hook up with have been with?

We're meeting up with our first couple on Saturday and the "pool" of people that match what we want is fairly small...we've discussed this one couple we've all talked to, simply becuase the guy in it is super pushy, so we KNOW they haven't met them...but they may have met another one of the couples we're talking to.

Do you talk about who you've met, or is that kind of taboo? I mean - what if we've all met all the same people and we ALL like each other and we can all go out together? (I'm not talking a gigantic orgy...I'm talking BBQs and hanging out). Does anyone do that?

Are you ever jealous? Like - oh man - they hooked up with that one couple who wasn't interested in us.

Just curious...

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Default Re: Other Partner's Partners

Let's ask it this way, do you WANT people talking about you? After you've had an encounter with a couple do you want them talking to other couples they know about you?

Where's the party! nice_cpl_n_bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    nice_cpl_n_bama

In general it's not nice to kiss and tell.
    The only exception I can think of to that rule would be if someone was just outrageously rude I tell everyone about that. If someone wouldn't take no for an answer or was abusive in some way. Other than that sort of thing we'll never kiss and tell.
    Last edited by nice_cpl_n_bama; 09-13-2006 at 08:26 PM.
    FATAL ERROR:
    WITTY LINE NOT FOUND
    (A)bort, (R)etry, (F)ail

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Married Monkeys - will you be our vine?
    SLS Handle
    Spoomonkey

Quote Originally Posted by ohash01
    Are you ever jealous? Like - oh man - they hooked up with that one couple who wasn't interested in us.
    No. Chemistry being what it is, the fact that couple "A" is attracted to couple "B" but not to couple "US" doesn't really tell us a whole lot.

As for talking about other couples to other couples - we don't do that.

Spoomonkey
    "Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities." - C. S. Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male

We never wonder who others have been with. It just doesn't matter. It's kind of like I really don't care who or how many men Mrs. WS had sex with before she met me. It's in the past, this is now, it doesn't matter.

We feel talking about others is taboo and a huge turn-off for us to. A new couple we met once at a club was talking about some friends of ours (not knowing we know them) and the husband was telling me about how she liked it rough and he banged her ass... IT WAS A HUGE TURN-OFF. Needless to say they didn't make the house party lists from then on.

Besides, the local swinging community is close knit enough that you pretty well know who's hooking-up with who if they've been in the lifestyle for long. It's pretty obvious when you are at a club and you see certain couples really hitting it off and leaving at the same time. What do I think if we've already been there? "Lucky folks, they're in for a great time!"

Mr. WS
    "Sex is something you do, sexuality is something you are." ~ Anna Freud
    Blog: Bigger Love

Registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Married couple
    SLS Handle
    thepines

I have the same curiosity sometimes, but then I think about how it would feel if they asked us the same question. Out of respect for others' privacy, I wouldn't give out people's names. I might describe a situation we were in, or what was fun or why, but wouldn't be too specific.

Mr. THEPINES

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    JtCamp05

You do tend to run into the same circle of people, and it usually doesnt take too much investigating to figure out whos been with who, but I guess that is the nature of it all.

I would say its always best not to kiss and tell, unless of course someone who's there "shouldn't" be....ie.....isnt one who can follow very basic rules, then hopefully people will speek up and they can be weeded out!

Just a tought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    couple

Only as far as STD's and that is taken care of by what we do and not what they have done in the past. If a couple we are on a date with suddenly starts revealing all about their past sexual conquests that is usually a sign the date is over. I don't want to be first on their list of kiss and tell on their next date.

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. "Harvey Fierstein"

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male

Do any of you ever really really wonder who the other couples you hook up with have been with?
    Really really wonder? Or really really really wonder?

Nope. I'm not that curious. Their sex life is theirs. Mine is mine.

A lot of swing sites have certification features, where a couple can "validate" that another couple (or single) is real. There was a time I collected many certs and used the cert feature to see if we had contacts in common. But I've come to learn that certs can be faked and oftentimes contains misleading information. So I've stopped accepting and giving certs.

Aside from that, many couples that I go with wish to keep their privacy, particularly due to my sexual orientation. I'm fine with that. Ask or don't ask, I won't tell and I don't ask as to put another in a tight spot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    jimdebra1

To follow on to another poster...if a couple is a kiss and teller, then we do not play with them. The guy telling about his "conquests" and how someone else likes it...will send the Mrs running for cover. She put a stop to playing with a couple, when in a non swinging enviorement, he told people they play with about us...

Pure Evil..In a cute suit EvilMJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple

We like our confidentiality and we respect others.

There are some people we play with that others are going to know about just by the way we act towards each other at dances or parties, but otherwise we try to keep it to ourselves. It tends to be a smaller community of swingers here, so even though a lot of the times you do have an idea of who plays with who, you just tend not to talk about it.

If someone starts to kiss and tell about the others couples that they have been with, we won't play with them. simple as that.
    "Well! Evil to some is always good to others." - Jane Austen

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Female

Thanks guys! So far that's what we've been doing...speaking generalizations about experiences with no names/faces/dates/times listed when a story example is necessary. I figure that's acceptable.

I'm just one of those nervous people, I guess...I'm getting myself all worked up. It's reassuring to hear that people probably won't be talking about us after we meet up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Married Monkeys - will you be our vine?
    SLS Handle
    Spoomonkey

So far that's what we've been doing...speaking generalizations about experiences with no names/faces/dates/times listed when a story example is necessary. I figure that's acceptable.
    Acceptable and unavoidable really. We've started a few stories with, "we once played with a couple who..."

When you get into a conversation with a lifestyle couple, you are going to have experiences that have shaped you. You can't help refer to those. JUst keep doing what you are doing - generic stories are fine

In fact, we will change details if we feel like something we say might give too much information (enough to make connections). Couples will turn into singles (we'll refer to the part of the couple who the story is about). Local clubs will turn into out of state clubs. Etc.

Spoomonkey
    "Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities." - C. S. Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    alhedonists

I have a feeling that I don't want to know who our play friends have been with in all cases. Kinda like I don't want to know how chicken is really processed, or what hot dogs are really made of.

To us, if we're going to relate an experience, we're not going to use names. Since most of the memorable stories involve people that live 1000 miles away (literally), we usually feel pretty ok to use first names. We just don't tell where they live. I think there are enough Daves, Mikes, Julies, and Nicoles in the world that it's pretty anonymous. Besides, we don't talk about the actual sexual experiences anyway. For example, I can't imagine talking about what someone likes or doesn't like.....

If we're just talking about cool people, we have been known to ask whether they've met so-and-so because they're really cool. No other details follow, unless we're talking about something vanilla, like going to a concert or something.

Pepper
    "Swinging is a lot like riding a Harley, ...for those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don't, no explanation is possible." --Mr. Alura

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Married to Mrs Good Times
    SLS Handle
    randp

I pretty much agree with what the others have said but, in our case, we mostly play at on-premise clubs. The one thing about the clubs we play at is that it is usually pretty obvious who is playing with whom. We do have one die hard rule though, we never tell anyone else we played with someone unless the person we have played with specifically has told us they don't mind if we do. Even in that case we don't give details about the sex we had. Other than that our guidelines are about the same as Peppers above, if we are relating specific experiences we don't give names.
    R (He is R, she is P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast