Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male

Default Casting Call for New Swinger Reality TV Series

Tucker Media contacted me last week and is currently casting for a reality TV show about swingers. Elle Tucker does casting for such shows as Man vs. Food, The Voice and Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew. There will be no nudity or sexual acts as the show will be on mainstream cable and not a pay channel. They are looking for people that are happily living in ethical, non-monogamous relationships who want to tell others how it works and why they believe swinging works for them.

Of course, you have to be careful with for-profit media because ratings are king, and 10 hours of filming will be reduced to 15 minutes of on-screen time, so what you say can (and most likely will) be taken out of context, especially if it's good for ratings and social media chat.

I will not be participating, however I said I would pass along the information for anyone else who is interested in sharing their story and experiences with America and beyond.

Below is the information that was sent to me by Tucker Media last week:

ARE YOU A SWINGER? Do you or do you know someone who lives a life of sexual adventure? Do you lead a rather normal or average life as far as the public is concerned and swing behind closed doors? Do you think that America has it all wrong and needs to know the truth about your fantastic lifestyle? A national cable network needs you for a new series to help set the record straight!

REQUIREMENTS:

- Must live in the United States or U.S. Territories.

- Must be a swinger with a swinging spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend or partner.

- Must be between the ages of 18 45.

- The more people involved, the better your odds. We want to tell your story and hear from your swinging community.

DATES & COMPENSATION:

Shooting begins in late April 2012; production dates TBA. Must be open or at minimum flexible with shooting schedule. Its okay if you work a daytime job, our production will also offer flexibility and accommodate! Compensation provided for approved talent.

TO SUBMIT:

All interested couples should respond to this casting call by email, Attn: Elle Tucker, Casting Director, Tucker Media at elle@tuckermedia.org. Please include first names only, a general location (county/city and state), and a short description of who you are and what you do. Understanding that privacy is an issue, please submit any questions along with contact information for further information about how we can help keep various aspects of your life confidential during filming. Submissions also MUST INCLUDE a contact email address and/or phone number. A member of the casting team will respond to all submissions in a timely manner. To help expedite a response, please only respond if you meet the required swinger criteria, in addition to having provided all of the contact information above. Applicants may also provide a photograph (optional). Preference will be given to swingers who are part of swinging group(s) that may also have interest participating.
    "Sex is something you do, sexuality is something you are." ~ Anna Freud
    Blog: Bigger Love

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Single Male

Default Re: Casting Call for New Swinger Reality TV Series

I received the above email from Elle Tucker as I was referred to her by Alana Lowe that did the VH1 special on swinging back in 2009. I do not know her personally, however we have corresponded via email and she seems legit through IMDB and LinkedIn. I also liked that she was using an email address with a domain name, not just a Yahoo account like others I've been contacted from. I think she's legit, but producers will have their own agenda and I personally am leery of reality TV. Anyone responding to the casting call should be aware that anything you say can and will be taken out of context if it's good for ratings.

You may also want to register on the Polyamory Media Association at http://polymediaassociation.com/ . They have some great resources on talking to the media about ethical non-monogamous relationships and how to avoid traps they will lay for you.

Here are links to Elle's bios:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3914551/

http://www.facebook.com/ellecasting

http://www.tuckermedia.org/

http://www.linkedin.com/in/etucker

I've told her I will not be on the show, but I'd be happy to consult. I don't expect anything to come of that.
    "Sex is something you do, sexuality is something you are." ~ Anna Freud
    Blog: Bigger Love

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Default Re: Casting Call for New Swinger Reality TV Series

Just an FYI. I typically don't allow media to post these types of announcements here just because it's too hard to verify that they are legit. Please do not take this posting as any sort of verification or approval from myself or this site. As with anything, take precautions and heed good judgement if you consider sharing your information with anyone it the media (or claiming to be). Use discretion and caution. And, if you do contact her let us know how it goes. If you end up on a show, definitely let us know about that.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book