Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Better than Ice Cream two4youinswva's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple. He posts, She reads

Default Re: Do couples ever swing for a while and then stop?

If you're talking about swinging and then deciding not to swing again, I've noticed that happening quite a few times in real life as well as on the board. Seems many go for about nine months to a year, appear to be really into it, then they quit for one reason or another. Why they quit, I have no idea. Probably as many reasons as there are couples that do quit like this.

As for "taking a break". I think almost every couple does this at one time or another, whether by choice or by what life has thrown at them.
    "I need a quickie"
    "That happens to be my specialty!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple...He posts mostly.
    SLS Handle
    sfsdcouple57106

For us we've been swinging for a while, but we've had periods in the time we've been in the lifestyle where we've stopped either for personal reasons where we had to take time to work on areas in our relationship with each other, or just because of work, we never had the time, and what time we did have, we focused on spending time together with each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Couple...He posts mostly.
    SLS Handle
    sfsdcouple57106

Quote Originally Posted by Alura View Post
    I should also have added that I'm "retired" from swinging. I feel no sense of longing for swinging, only the loss of Mrs. Alura, but that is slowly being eased since reconnecting with White Fox, who also understands me.

Alura
    We are VERY sorry for your loss. From what we've read from your posts. It sounds like you both were very much in love with each other. You'll be in our prayers.

Here to Stay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    M. Male

My wife and I used to play with others but she lost interest after our son was born. I'd like to keep swinging but she's just not into it anymore. So yeah, it happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Widower

Quote Originally Posted by prairieshadows View Post
    We are VERY sorry for your loss. From what we've read from your posts. It sounds like you both were very much in love with each other. You'll be in our prayers.
    Thank you.

Alura
    "They may call me a rube and a hick, but I'd a lot rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it."
    —Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

I think that more couples swing for a while and stop than continue on forever. At the very least I'd say that pretty much every couple takes breaks at some point.

Some stop because they find swinging isn't for them. Others stop because they just lose interest or life gets in the way. And some break up.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Registered
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    M. Male

I don't know if you'd actually call it swinging, but my wife and I played for a period with another couple. (There's a whole LONG story there!) When they moved away due to a job transfer, she decided she didn't want to do it again and we never did. Too bad! It was great fun while it lasted.

Swingers Board Guide SW_PA_Couple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Happily married to a wild woman
    SLS Handle
    SW_PA_COUPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Talon34420 View Post
    I don't know if you'd actually call it swinging, but my wife and I played for a period with another couple. (There's a whole LONG story there!) When they moved away due to a job transfer, she decided she didn't want to do it again and we never did. Too bad! It was great fun while it lasted.
    Wow! I can see you have been a member here for quite a while. So I welcome you to the world of active posting.

If you were playing with another couple I'd call it swinging. But what's in a label. What's important is fun and I'm confident you have many other fun things to do.

~Michael
    Spelling, punctuation and grammar are not style choices. You can either know your shit or you can know you're shit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Status
    Happyily married couple

While we've been "lifestyle friendly", "in the lifestyle", playing around (always with each other present), we go in starts and stops. Sometimes we'll go foe months actively seeking partners, attending parties and meet and greets, and then we'll just stop and refresh (or call it regroup). It gives us a chance to talk about what we like, don't like, what we'd change, and what it takes to go forward. We're not the jump in the deep end of the pool types, but we do manage to float around. Plus, as others point out, sometimes life gets in the way, and you just need to take a break.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2