Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

• Book Reviews RSS Feed

by Published on 09-19-2013 04:14 PM

The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pick-Up Artists and Rules of the Game are two books by author and journalist Neil Strauss, based on his experience ...
      by Published on 06-13-2013 12:27 PM

I often find that books geared towards dating (or other things) are also great for those of us who swing. I happened to run across this book at a discounted price for the Kindle, so I snagged it to see if it had any helpful tips that we could apply as swingers. I am happy to report that it did.

Flirt Fearlessly: The A to Z Guide to Getting Your Flirt On is definitely geared towards the dating crowd, but it had a few gems that make it worth reading for swingers. I'd definitely recommend this to those who have some issues in the area of flirting, whether it's that you feel uncomfortable flirting or just don't quite know when others are flirting with you.
      by Published on 04-15-2013 02:02 PM     Number of Views: 1066 

Perfect What Not to Do Movie!

So I was not able to sleep early this morning (3am) so was flipping around the Showtime channels and ...
      by Published on 04-15-2013 12:21 PM

It was movie night for my friend and I last night, and we happened to catch an Indie film Sex and Breakfast on Netflix. It was about two couples who find themselves bored with their sex lives and growing apart. Through the “help” of a therapist, they experiment with group sex to revitalize their relationships.
      by Published on 02-27-2013 04:46 PM

My wife and I are familiar with swinging and are active to the extent of considering it to be a lifestyle. Having read other books on this subject, some good, others not so good, we were wondering if there was really much more to be learned or anything that could actually surprise us. Well, there is and we were. Both of us regret that we did not have access to a book like this when we first discussed the possibilities of jumping in. We might have avoided some early mistakes and have been a little less puzzled by some of the situations we encountered.
      by Published on 02-27-2013 04:43 PM

I found this on Netflix last night, so I decided to watch it. The documentary is the story of the rise and fall of Platos Retreat and Larry Levine. While it's interesting, it's not really that informative. I felt like they could have given a lot more info with a good narrator rather than just using interviews (both current with those still alive and older interviews and recordings of Larry Levine himself).
      by Published on 02-27-2013 04:41 PM

Overall, I liked it a lot.

The introduction is a little boring. It describes how the authors gathered information for the book and their theories about why swinging is popular today. It gives good information about the types of clubs operating in different areas of the US and Canada. I felt like there was a bit of a judgmental attitude toward play with single men in the beginning. They say something like if you go to a club on a singles night you should prepare yourself for raunchy scenes. I'm not really sure why multiple men with one woman is raunchy and multiple couples or fmf is cool. Honestly I'm not even sure what raunchy means! But to me it has a negative connotation. Otherwise the authors were pretty balanced and open.
      by Published on 02-27-2013 04:37 PM

The Book of Vice by Peter Sagal

Whether this is a book about swingers or not a book about swingers might be up for debate. But the first chapter of this book was written about the writer's and his wife's visit, with permission and knowledge of the owners, to a well-known swingers' club. They came away with the notion that it is definitely not for them but the people they found at the club are as normal and normal could be. An interesting observation from a writer and his wife who knew nearly nothing about the lifestyle before they started their research. I read this chapter out-loud to my wife and we came to several points in the narrative where were where both paralyzed with laughter.
      by Published on 02-27-2013 04:34 PM

This book is NOT a swinger book, but you may find more info in this book to help you improve your swinging than you will in most any swinger book. It is a must read and a life-saver for anyone who admits to even the slightest bit of shyness, trepidation or fear of entering rooms full of strangers ... even moreso if you have any hopes of actually talking to said strangers.

93% of people admit to some level of shyness - from the introduction.

The first chapters go into the 5 Roadblocks to socializing in a room full of strangers and then how to overcome said roadblocks. Who would think that the good advice of our mother "don't talk to strangers" would still be ringing around in the back of our subconscious, but it is!
      by Published on 02-27-2013 04:02 PM

The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities
      Dossie Easton and Catherine A. Liszt
      ISBN 1-890159-01-8

This book is an easy-to-read treatment of alternative sexual relationships and would highly recommend it to someone questioning traditional relationships or seeking guidance as to the care and feeding of such relationships or who just wants a good basic book on polyamory and open relationships. Much of the advice, especially communication and boundaries, is applicable to anyone in a relationship, vanilla or otherwise. It would a good foundation book to one's alternative sexual lifestyles library.

The authors define "slut" as "a person of any gender who has the courage to lead life according to the radical proposition that sex is nice and pleasure is good for you" and segues their reclaiming of the word "slut"as a positive, gender-neutral word into practical discussion as to handling multiple sexual relationships in a ethical manner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2