NealnAnji

Group Sex and Orgies - what's the difference?

This question may have been asked before, but could someone explain the difference between an orgy and group sex?

We have been invited by a couple to a swingers party with group sex as the main theme. There will be around 10 couples. We are not sure exactly what we should expect?

We are relatively new to swinging and have swapped with other couples a few times that has included a vacation with three other couples. We did not engage in what may or may not be called group sex. We did play with the other spouses by removing clothing, touching the vital parts and foreplay on the woman's breasts, clitoris and man's genitals. However, when we swapped for the night we stayed with the one wife/another's hubby combination for full swap that included sexual intercourse. Each night, of course, we swapped and had a different man/woman combination and shared bed for intercourse. At other times we would draw out of a hat for the excitement of having a new partner for sex for the night.

We are not sure we are ready for group sex or orgy yet with may couples participating and fucking anyone openly.

My wife is concerned about participating in group sex at swingers' party which she visualizes as several men penetrating her, one after another, and the men having full orgasm and ejaculation.

We would like to get the real scoop as to what group sex means and is it the same as an orgy. Knowing the difference and deciding whether or not to participate will go a long ways in relieving her anxiety.

My understanding is an orgy is four or more people having sex, with at least two being females.

Group sex is at least four people; doesn't matter how many men or women.

Other groups:

Then there's gang bang, which is sex with at least four men and only one woman.

Then the old-fashioned menage a trois, of course sex with only three people; doesn't matter how many men or women.

Basically when it comes to a party like this, group sex just means that everyone will be having sex in the same room rather than splitting off and going to different areas of the house as couples or smaller unites (3somes/4somes). It doesn't necessarily mean that any particular thing will happen and the only thing that will happen is what you want to happen.

No matter what it's called or what the situation is, NO still means NO. If you don't want something to happen, don't let it. If she's not comfortable with something, say no.

Expanding on the question:

If two couples get together and have sex in the same room is that considered group sex? Or does group sex require more than just four people?

My thought is that if it's four people and there is more than just a swap going on (the girls are playing together, or the everyone is on the same bed doing group grope) then it's group sex.

So in that case, is group sex different than an orgy? Is there a difference between group sex and an orgy?

Ok, rule of thumb...

Group sex, is the BALLPARK definition of sex with more than two, i.e. the "standard practice".

The best definition of a foursome is...

Wait for it...

FUN

The best definition of an orgy is...

EVEN MORE FUN

Feel free to use as you see fit, lol.

My impression of group sex would be more of a tangle of bodies and multiple interactions and swapping between the players. Not that my impression should be considered correct, but that's what jumps into my mind!

Question of the day:

My thought is that if it's four people and there is more than just a swap going on (the girls are playing together, or the everyone is on the same bed doing group grope) then it's group sex.

Mine too.

A foursome isn't always group sex but it can be.

To me an orgy connotes more than two couples, and many of those participating may not know others in the group. As for the group sex question, as long as the four people were playing with one another, I guess that might be considered "small group sex" or maybe "focus group sex".

I think I'm with Chicup here. Two couples in the same room but on different beds wouldn't be considered group sex in my opinion - even if they did swap. Put them both on the same bed, and you've got group sex. Put them in the same pile, and you have an orgy :lol:

I had to think about this one for a sec. :)

I'm going to go with Chicup and JustAskJulie. If there is a swap going on, probably not If there is girl/girl play, or two going down on one, or a foursome grope, then yes, I'd consider that group sex.

Depending if more than one bed was used might also make a difference. :) Four people on one bed would probably be considered group sex since there is going to be a whole lotta touching. :)

My thoughts are that an orgy implies 1) a larger number of people, so say 8+, and 2) their is more of an element of sex with strangers to it.

Group sex is something less than 10, and there is familiarity, so say a circle of three or four couples that get together for sex, all in the same room, and in the course of the evening, most will likely have had more than one sex partner.

A foursome can be but isn't automatically group sex. For it to be counted as such, it would have to be on one bed all at the same time and there be switching back and forth between partners.

I think we all would agree that the firat thing you call it is FUN :), but that aside, how do you break it down?