Please Visit These Sponsors As They Keep The Swingers Board FREE

Kasidie   Swinger Zone Central   Swing Lifestyle    Swingers Date Club    Adult FriendFinder  Swing Towns  Alt.com

The Swingers Board - The Swingers Board - The Original Swingers Lifestyle Community, forums,
    Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    Thrax

Default Beyond my expectations...

Julie, moderators, and all you message posters,
    I want to compliment the whole group on making this a great place to find out about and discuss all kinds of issues related to swinging, as well as other topics.

I signed up for the board in late November 2005. It was a mistake of timing on my part. I had two weeks to go on a monster project and here I found a great site full of thoughtful, informative, humorous swingers -- and potential swingers -- that was just another distraction keeping me from my work. So during that final fortnight, I used Swingersboard as my end-of-day reward. (Actually, if I had avoided the board initially, I might have shipped my project off on time. Luckily, no harm done.)

Anyway, the project, and the holiday frenzy, is over, so now I don't feel guilty about "wasting" my time here. In fact, I've become so interested in all the give-and-take here that I sometimes check the board before I check my email -- business, vanilla, OR swinger emails. Now THAT's impact.

I appreciate the variety of swinging and non-swinging topics addressed on the board. But what I appreciate most is the civility and the sense of humor I encounter here. I've participated in or just eye-balled a number of other boards (mostly sports and news) and I am dismayed at how quickly "discussions" degenerate into insult-fests. I know there are occasionally some hurtful remarks and a little bit of name-calling here, but to me it is remarkably rare.

Thanks to all who take the time to post thoughtful, interesting answers. We address some issues here -- issues that would make many in the vanilla world recoil in horror -- in usually very matter-of-fact, insightful ways. How often to you get fun, uninhibited discussions on sex toys, oral sex preferences, or choice of underwear in other arenas? Not to mention astute observations on more volatile subjects like emotional responses to extramarital sex, bisexuality, or maintaining primary relationships.

So, a big THANK YOU to all of you for providing great insights and entertainment. A pat on the back to all, and massages may be available for some...

Sincerely, and I mean that,
    Thrax
    P.S. My only gripe: We have all these Canucks on the board and someone is arranging a meet-up in Tronna, but when will the Ohioans (Ohioids? Ohionistas?) that seem to be all over the place here arrange a meet-up? (Yeah, I know, you're all to busy swingin'.)
    You get what you play for.

Swingers Board Addict txduo2000's Avatar
    Status
    Couple

Default Re: Beyond my expectations...

When I read the first few lines of your post here, I thought you were saying a farewell to us all, Thrax!

Glad to know that wasn't the case.

I feel exactly the same way you do about this board. I have a great deal of fun here, have made some great friends here, constantly lament the fact that I don't get to Ohio EVER , and look forward each and every day to whatever new crops up.

I think Julie is the next best inventor to whomever invented Post-its!
    Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by txduo2000
    When I read the first few lines of your post here, I thought you were saying a farewell to us all, Thrax!

Glad to know that wasn't the case.
    No such luck! You folks are stuck with me, at least until I get some more work.

Thanks for the self-esteem builder, though.

Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    intuition897

Dito Thrax! I'm a card-carrying SB junkie. I check this board several times a day. I need help.
    Fear is a symptom of ignorance. Knowledge is the cure.

Here to Stay

Thrax is sooooo very right in posting this thank you. I love these boards...they are thought provoking and everyone is very nice here. And i too are glad thrax isnt going anywhere. So a big THANK YOU to all that visit and maintain these boards.

Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by deadparrot911
    Thrax is sooooo very right in posting this thank you. I love these boards...they are thought provoking and everyone is very nice here. And i too are glad thrax isnt going anywhere. So a big THANK YOU to all that visit and maintain these boards.
    First Monty Python and now this. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more!

Status
    Female
    SLS Handle
    swingersboard

Thanks for the Kudos Thrax, we really do have a great group here.

We've actually had a couple of Ohio Meetups in the past that went quite well, nothing stopping someone from setting up another one - it's been a while.
    The Swinger Manual - all the info from the Swingers Board in one convenient book

Status
    Single Male

[QUOTE=Thrax]Julie, moderators, and all you message posters,
    I want to compliment the whole group on making this a great place to find out about and discuss all kinds of issues related to swinging, as well as other topics.

Mee too!
    I am in love with this forum that is so civilised that its fun and takes off a lot of guilt on swinging Thank you Julie and messages posters

I signed up for the board in late November 2005. It was a mistake of timing on my part. I had two weeks to go on a monster project and here I found a great site full of thoughtful, informative, humorous swingers -- and potential swingers -- that was just another distraction keeping me from my work. So during that final fortnight, I used Swingersboard as my end-of-day reward. (Actually, if I had avoided the board initially, I might have shipped my project off on time. Luckily, no harm done.)

Do you work in computers Thrax ?
    May I know your nature of work. Coz I am a computer engineer (as per an university). But I am still in the beginning stages of programming.

Thanks to you too for this comment.

Status
    Single Male
    SLS Handle
    Thrax

Quote Originally Posted by tide
    Do you work in computers Thrax ?
    May I know your nature of work. Coz I am a computer engineer (as per an university). But I am still in the beginning stages of programming.
    Nope. I'm not in the computer field. I do research for a publishing company.
    Sorry I can't be of help, but good luck with your career!

Status
    Ecstatically Married
    SLS Handle
    ZoeWash

I've often noticed that you can post on just about any subject here and receive an expert or near expert opinion within a few hours.

You're right about the Ohionistas. When you think about it it makes a lot of sense. During the last election the talking heads kept going on and on about Ohio being a Swing State.

W
    Two goes into one a lot more than 1/2 as it turns out.

Status
    Married Monkeys - will you be our vine?
    SLS Handle
    Spoomonkey

Never fear - we started kicking the idea around about having an Ohio Meet Up today at lunch... There are some bigger Meets going on this year, but we were thinking a nice, local meet up since it does seem this place is crawling with folks who we'd love to have crawling on us...

I mean - meet...

So - keep your eyes open.

Spoomonkey
    "Eros will have naked bodies; Friendship naked personalities." - C. S. Lewis

Swingers Board Addict twoferfun69's Avatar
    Status
    Couple
    SLS Handle
    twoferfun69

Hey spoo--keep us in the loop on that will ya? We would definitely be interested in greetin & eatin. facelick

I mean meetin & ......

oh well, you know what I mean Surrender

Registered

i agree this site is da bomb....errr welll... it's exciting to find almost anything and everything you would ever want to know...glad i found it...hope to hear from everyone soon