So my wife and I started swinging a few years ago with her playing with a close male friend of hers, everything was good, we enjoyed the sex and started looking for others to play with, while it was exciting we didn't find too many couples to play with and only had a few experiences with another couple. She has continued to play with her first friend (when they see each other, as he lives far far away).

The problem lies in that she has broken some of the rules and while this upset me at the time we moved past it and agreed on a way to get around it (or so I thought). It has happened again where she has got 'caught in the moment' and broke the rules again, then lied to not hurt my feelings, when i do find out about it, it's pretty painful, again we talk through it, and seem to agree it can't happen again. Well, I have a suspicion that it has happened again, that she is lying about something, either to keep from hurting me, or because it is not a big deal (like lying that they spoke on the phone, which I don't really care about, but why lie about it?)... I am wondering if I should be snooping or looking for a lie or what I should do since confronting her doesn't seem to work...how does someone rebuild this trust?

Thanks for the help, just looking for other ways I can get her to open up so we can discuss this...

She needs to cease contact with him immediately. She has broken established rules several times and has lied. Trust your instincts, as you know the tell tale signs of her lying. You and your relationship are the most important and until trust is regained, she has no business even talking to him. He is a distraction to fixing her bond with you. I personally don't know how I would regain that trust. It would be hard for me to put the deceit out of my mind.

Sounds to me things moved from fun to an affair. Granted I do not know all the details but to me it sounds like you booth need to take a step back and see why this keeps happening. Womens emotions are very much tied to sex, so it is easy to see how a long term friend can make it easy for her to cross the line.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2

I have to agree that she needs to STOP playing with this guy. She has proven that she can't be trusted with him, and that should be it. You shouldn't have to consistently work through her cheating time and time again. I think it's great that you've been so dedicated to your relationship, but she isn't showing the same dedication at all by breaking the agreements/boundaries.

Rebuilding trust is hard work. For each person it takes something different. I won't abide by cheating. If my husband EVER cheats, he knows I'm gone. If we can sleep with other people without cheating, there's no excuse for it, in my opinion. The fact that you're willing to work through it is great. :)

Somehow you need to make it clear to her that lying is not okay. If that means completely closing your marriage for a while, then do it. If that means that she just have to give up this specific guy, she needs to do it.

It might help us to understand better if you could tell us what rule she broke and how.

Alura

It might help us to understand better if you could tell us what rule she broke and how.

I agree. The advice you need is really going to depend on what rules were broken. Context means a lot.

"No closing your eyes when you orgasm" = Don't make such ridiculous rules

"No seeing him behind my back" = Houston, we may have a problem.

As I was reading between the lines, I was thinking "texting" or "sexing". Some would consider this a rule violation; some not. I too am eager to hear from the OP on this essential detail.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hey all, thanks for the replies. There was one big rule that was broken and that was when we were visiting on vacation, she went for separate room fun with him and we agreed that they could fool around, oral ok, sex not. She was gone for quite some time and when she came back I asked if hey had sex, she said no (which I found out 8 months later was a lie), she didn't want to hurt my feelings, and didn't want to ruin our vacation. That said, I was able to forgive that transgression as I understand the heat of the moment etc (and yes, there were hours and hours of discussion for that one). That said, going forward it was expressed that there should be no more lies, but I never wanted to give an ultimatum, especially one that I can't keep (seeing as we have 2 young kids as well, and I don't think I could ever leave them OR her). So that puts us where we are now, they have had fun again recently and things went well, I am certain she is just not telling me about texting and emailing...and it's not that I need to know every detail, I just want to know it is happening so that my over active imagination (a blessing and a curse ;) can be put at ease...we have since had one discussion that got the ball rolling but there is going to be more to follow. We are both just finding that it is very challenging at times because an open relationship is difficult to compare to what we are surrounded with and what experience we have (this is our first time in an open relationship, no experience to draw upon)!

Thanks for all the help, and yes, it is tough to come across in written form but we are in this together and we are going to work it out, just need some advice and help on how to make it work for both parties involved!

It seems to me that a rule, "...oral is okay; intercourse is not..." is one doomed to failure. You might want to rethink such rules.

Lying is not okay. There seems to be a reason that your wife fears to tell you the truth. Why is that?

Your situation is not what I'd call "swinging." It may be an "open marriage" but since you don't seem to have a playmate, I'm not sure of that either.

Until y'all are able to communicate about any subject with no fear of reprisal, I'd suggest the two of you stop all outside sex.

Alura

We've got a "no mis-interpretation allowed" rule. There is NO SUCH THING as "other room play". Not for us. That's a mutual decision. Part of the fun, eroticism, is seeing the mate. If either of us were to disappear to another room, the other would clearly make known, within a few seconds... THAT'S NOT OKAY. If it causes a problem for anyone, it's time to pick up our toys and go home.

Lying is not okay. There seems to be a reason that your wife fears to tell you the truth. Why is that?

Well, when she knows she breaks the rules of course shes going to lie. The question I have is: was shy lying about it because she broke a rule in the heat of the moment and felt bad? Or was she lying because she knowingly broke the rule and didn't want to be found out?

Well, when she knows she breaks the rules of course shes going to lie. The question I have is: was shy lying about it because she broke a rule in the heat of the moment and felt bad? Or was she lying because she knowingly broke the rule and didn't want to be found out?

Does the reason matter? Either way she broke a rule and lied about it. And those two reasons aren't mutually exclusive. Maybe she felt bad AND didn't want to be found out because she knew then you'd feel bad too.

Does the reason matter? Either way she broke a rule and lied about it. And those two reasons aren't mutually exclusive. Maybe she felt bad AND didn't want to be found out because she knew then you'd feel bad too.

Ultimately it doesn't change the fact that she lied and tried to hide what happened. It does mean a lot as to the state of the relationship though I think. If she knowingly broke it and lied about it, then it was a planned and premeditated act. Much different than feeling guilty after breaking a rule in the moment. Seems like a subtle difference, but I think it says a lot.

Thanks for the help, to try and answer all of the little questions, yes, we have an open marriage and we have played with another couple (same room), and just haven't found another couple that we are compatible with! As for how the rule was broken, I believe her that it was heat of the moment, she has a hard time saying no when in that situation...we have since changed the rules to have either an 'all in or all out' format, we are either allowed to play, or not, no middle ground.

Again thanks for the help, you have helped put me at ease and have given us a lot to discuss!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sudhit
      One of my friends was mentioning that his wife got invited for a vacation with one of their regular playmates. It would be a 4 day vacation, where only the wife goes with the BF, hubby stays back.

Has anyone any experience of this scenario, they are swinger and cuckold couple.
    • By Husband1988
      Hello everyone,

Me and my wife are new to the lifestyle and so far we've only met 3 couples. 
      We have a few rules/boundaries and one of them is that we only do a full swap and have sex if we both have sex. I suffer from ED which I've started getting treatment for which is helping, but before we even went into the lifestyle I felt my penis might not get hard so we added this rule to kind of take the pressure off if I couldn't perform. 

So with experience 1 as expected I didn't get hard at all but enjoyed giving oral and watching my wife give and receive oral, experience 2 was same again. No problems so far and after both these experiences the sex with my wife has been incredible and my favourite part of all this.

Couple no3 is where things for me at least went wrong. 

So we met up for dinner at our place and we got on great and everything was going perfectly and the wine was flowing. First problem is I drank too much, I wasn't drunk but I was closer to drunk than sober. We started playing a game to break the ice and started with the kissing and oral, as before my penis isn't getting hard at all but I just focus on the other wife and use my mouth and hands. I'm not sure how much time had passed but this is where the second problem comes in my wife stops everyone and asks me if it is ok if she has sex. I wasn't thinking clearly due to the alcohol and said yes. She had sex (with condom)  with him and I watched it and when the guy finished we all stopped and that was it.

The day after I felt incredibly conflicted and I explained all this to my wife and how I feel like she should of asked me in private if she could have sex and how we had a rule about only having sex if we both did. I know I shouldn't have drunk so much to keep my mind clear.

I've told my wife I need to step back and take a break from everything and she is fine with it. I'm not angry with my wife or upset, we both made mistakes I just feel disappointed with myself more than anything.

Has anyone else had experiences like this and how do you avoid things like this?? Any advice would be great.
    • By StartingOver60
      My wife and I went to a Lifestyle get-together last weekend.  When we got there, we mingled and as it turned out, my wife meet a couple.  She was sitting next to them having drinks, laughing, and having a good time.  I walked over she introduced me.  I sat next to his wife, and we were all enjoying the evening.   

The other wife and I got up to get some drinks and we chatted at the bar.  "It looks like my wife has taking a liking to your husband," I said.  "Yes, they both are," she replied.  I asked, "Do you think you guys would like to come over to our house and we could continue the party there?"  She politely made it very clear she was not interested in having sex tonight.  I said, "OK, thanks for the heads up."

As we sat there at the bar a friend come over to say hello.  She got up excused herself and returned to the table with her husband and my wife.  

As the evening progressed my wife came over to me at the bar and told me she invited them to come home with us.  I was a bit confused but said sure.   We all left together, my wife in his car, and his wife in my car.  Our conversation during the drive was very nice and easy, and I thought she had changed her mind.  In the club, I could see my wife was very excited to be with her new friend.  

We got to our house and sat around and had some drinks. All seemed to be good. However, when we decide to go upstairs, his wife restated she was not interested in playing tonight. My wife and I left them in the room to talk, and when we came back, he apologized and said sharing tonight is not going to happen.  I felt bad for my wife who was starry eyed at this guy.  He was telling her she looked like a women who was beautiful and fun, and he was very much looking forward to being with her tonight but maybe some other time. 

My wife and I went in the kitchen to get some drinks for everyone, and I explained to her that the other wife had told me she was not interested in the bar.  "I thought she changed her mind, but I guess not," I explained. "I see you want this guy.  I don’t want you to be disappointed, I see and feel the attraction you two have.  When we go back into the room why don’t you ask him if he wants to see the view from our bedroom? That is our usual break the ice move to get things started.  I think this was his game plan all along to be with you even though she was not participating.  But I’m OK with it for your pleasure."

I saw how hot she was for him. So I thought to myself don’t screw this up for her, she should get to enjoy the moment. 

He jumped at the request, and they were off.  I sat with his wife and said, "Are you ok with them going upstairs because I don’t think they care about the view?".  She did not say anything but also did not object to what was going to happen. 

As it goes, my wife had a great experience, so they were up there for an hour. I am sure they enjoyed each other.  When they came down my wife gave me a sweet kiss. We sat for a while then all politely said goodbye.

The next weekend we went to a party at our friends' house. It was a vanilla evening but a number of friends were there.  We had played with the host couple once before, but tonight was not that type of party. 

The next morning my wife realized she left her purse at Tim and Jean's house.  She asked me to go and pick it up.  I said I would on the way back from my bike ride.  On the way back I detoured and stopped at the house.  Jean answered the door and asked me in.  She asked if I would like a cup of coffee, I said sure.  I asked where Tim was, and she said he had left early this morning for an overnight ski trip with some of his buddies. 

We were in the kitchen and Jean was filling the coffee cups. I was looking at her in her robe as she delivered the hot coffee.  We sipped the coffee and chatted but my thoughts while looking at this beautiful woman, came out of my mouth, “Are you wearing anything under that robe?”  She smiled and got up and brought her cup to the sink.  She walked back to the table where I was sitting and said, "You will have to find out for yourself."  I was stunned thinking she was kidding.  She said again,  "All it takes to find out is to pull the robe's belt and open the robe."

She stood in front of me as I sat in the chair. I pulled the robe belt and opened slowly opened the robe.  She was naked and moved her chair in front of me and opened the robe and leaned forward and kissed me deep.  She moved my head down into her crotch and I got on my knees and went at it not believing what was happening.  She was enjoying the moment, she moaned she was coming and squeezed her legs around my head. 

When she released my head from the grasp of her legs she took my hand and brought me into her bedroom.  She sat on the bed as I undressed. I rubbed her legs gently and picked them up high and spread them apart, she fell back, and I penetrated that wet beautiful tasting pussy. 

I pounded her over and over and when I stopped I got on the bed.  I laid on my back and she put my hard cock in her mouth and started sucking me and would not stop until I came, and she told me how good I taste.  We laid there for a few minutes not speaking and I was ready again and I turned her on her side and lifted one leg over my shoulder and began pounding her again.  We went on for awhile and she had another orgasm and told me to cum inside her.  She got on top and pounded me and made me explode inside her. 

We laid there together for a while, eyes closed resting, when her phone rang.  It was Tim, he made it to the mountains and just checking in.  I was feeling bad for what just happened, but it was a great experience.  She repeated out loud what Tim asked - "What are you doing?" Jean replied - "Well, Allan stopped over to pick up Susan’s purse she left over here last night.  I invited him in and we had a cup of coffee.  I was in my robe and one thing led to another and I had Allan’s face in my crotch. Then we took it to the bedroom, and we had a giant orgasmic experience.  I will tell you all about it when you get home.  Are you OK with this?  Good, I will tell Allan.  Have fun skiing.”

So, in discussing this with Jane I said I was shocked at what she just told Tim.  She said, “We are always honest with each other.  It will be so hot when he returns home, I will be in for another great time.  So, I am also going to be honest with you.  You wife left the purse here on purpose.  She asked me if I would give you some great sex because you were a sweetheart last weekend.  You worked it out so she could be with the gentleman she picked up at the club and she felt that you missed out, so she came up with this idea.  But please understand, I was looking forward to it and it was a fantastic morning fuck with a good friend.  Tim was not aware of this, but I will work it out with him when I explain the story.  Susan said she the four of us can get together, or she will get with Tim alone if he prefers and you are OK with it.  You have a great caring wife Allan.  Please tell her thanks for including me in this scheme.”
    • By couplers
      From what is posted and discussed here, probably the second most frequent rule couples have in swinging is "no anal." Some do not give an explanation, other say it is special and saved for just between themselves. Why is that?

Considering anal sex as something sacred seems contrary to what girls said and did growing up. For girls in my junior high and high school letting a guy put his dick in your bum and cum was considered "third base" stuff, like oral. The reasons some girls did anal was because they either didn't like oral at all or didn't like a guy cumming in their mouth, a few girls liked it because they were able to orgasm that way, and some because their bf just wanted it. It also had the advantage of being a means of contraception at an age when getting on birth control was not easy.

To hubby and me anal is nothing special; in fact, I have never done it with him. I have done it with other guys because they asked, but the only time it gets me even close to orgasm is when the guy in my bum is also playing with my clit. The after effects are that Mr. Anal Man keeps the antibacterial soap companies secure in business, I need another fresh guy (that is my hubby) to give me vaginal sex so I can cum, and there is that frothy mix squishing out. (Yes, it was what happened last night that got me to thinking.) So to us it is the most detached and least special of sex acts.

Your thoughts.
    • By Greg & Sheryl
      This particular thread Bareback Swingers made us curious about how common bareback sex is among those of us on the Board. The following is a poll we saw on a Yahoo! group earlier this year. We are looking forward to reading your feedback.