mauijanedoe

What colognes and perfumes turn you on or off?

We're hippies, so Mr. Doe creates essential oil blends. One makes me sneeze, but there's another one he wears that makes me follow him around demanding that he let me smell him. I really like any spicy scents, though, on men and women.

Is anyone else really sensitive to colognes and perfumes? Does it influence your attraction to people? Do you have any favorites?

We're hippies, so Mr. Doe creates essential oil blends. One makes me sneeze, but there's another one he wears that makes me follow him around demanding that he let me smell him. I really like any spicy scents, though, on men and women.

Is anyone else really sensitive to colognes and perfumes? Does it influence your attraction to people? Do you have any favorites?

What kind of essential oils does Mr. Doe use? I bought some lavender to use with my laundry and I'm not sure I like it.

I like Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion so I just use that when we go out. Sometimes Warm Vanilla Sugar if I have some. I haven't bought any perfume in years. Mr. Sun has something that the kids gave him a couple of years ago but he rarely uses it. I like scents on men but if I walk into a candle store or a perfume store, I start to get a headache and feel sick so I think I'm somewhat sensitive to it if it is overpowering.

I can be very sensitive to smells (among other things). Whatever Pet is using at the tanning bed right now carries the scent of baby powder which is one scent I can't stand. It makes me happy that his habit is to come home and shower after tanning. I've also never been able to stand the smell of Tommy Hilfigger cologne on most guys. I did encounter one guy who evidently had the body chemistry for it, because he just smelled GOOD and I was shocked to find out what he was wearing.

I am with sunbuckus in that usually my "perfume" is Bath & Body lotions - my favorite are the lighter ones like Green Tea Ginger. I love Warm Vanilla Sugar but it makes me want to eat sweets, which isn't a good thing.

I am with sunbuckus in that usually my "perfume" is Bath & Body lotions - my favorite are the lighter ones like Green Tea Ginger. I love Warm Vanilla Sugar but it makes me want to eat sweets, which isn't a good thing.

I haven't ever seen the Green Tea Ginger there! I'll keep my eyes open for it the next time I visit.

Anything associated with Axe smells horrible [despite what those idiotic commercials say].

Jovan Musk for Men...cheap and cheesy, I know. I also like Paul Sebastian and Polo on men.

Myself, I wear Sensual Amber from Bath & Body...I consider it my scent and I wish they wouldn't sell it to anyone else, lol. For work, usually a just light vanilla spritz.

If the person is right for it, I LOVE patchouli oil - but I can't wear it myself - it smells like motor oil on me:(

What kind of essential oils does Mr. Doe use? I bought some lavender to use with my laundry and I'm not sure I like it.

The one I love has coriander, black pepper, vetiver, bay and nutmeg. I like lavender, but it can be a little astringent so I mix it with peppermint or rosemary for around the house.

The one I love has coriander, black pepper, vetiver, bay and nutmeg. I like lavender, but it can be a little astringent so I mix it with peppermint or rosemary for around the house.

Your husband's combo sounds like a spice mix for cooking! :) And thanks for the tip, maybe I'll have to look into getting some rosemary to mix in with it.

I love scents and one oils too. My favorite perfumes are gardenia fragrances. On a man I am odd girl out, I like Old Spice.

I'm old school and while I have tried various newer colognes and sprays, an old favorite I keep going back to would be Avon's Wild Country. It's a scent I discovered in my father's collection when I was younger and thus holds nostalgia and a choice Mrs. Fours has come to associate with me.

I also love a little Canoe which seems like a lighter and cleaner scented cousin to Wild Country, but used to also indulge in Ralph Lauren Chaps when we went out years ago and maybe it was a coincidence, but I usually seemed to have more success when I did.

The one scent I found worked well with Mrs. Fours was the original Bond Girl which we both loved, but is more difficult to find then the not-the-same and inferior "sequel" scent of Bond Girl Forever. She also sometimes likes Avon Sweet Honesty because she claims it makes her feel "innocent" (yeah right :EG:).

Overall, any perfume should not be overpowering and compliment a person's natural scent, not replace it and it seems certain scents work better or worse depending on individual chemistry.

Good thread I missed to start.

Almost all perfumes are a turn off. In part because I get headaches easily and a lot of perfumes trigger them. Secondly they just don't do it for me regardless. Clean is the smell I like on a woman ;)

Her - Nautica Blue, Big Pony (Orange), with her absolute favorite - AE Real

Him - She has a couple I like, Burberry and Giorgio (don't ask me which ones)

No turn off's really, as long as it's subtle.

I am very sensitive to colognes and perfumes, so I too prefer nothing. Except for lavender. I grow lavender, spend the 2 weeks of harvest immersed in it, use the oil sparingly in everything from my DIY deodorant to my DIY laundry soap. However, even when going out I don't apply scent, even a drop of lavender. What works for me might be a problem for someone else. (although I might use it this morning before going to work- it helps with headaches and I've got a migraine building!)