alabama59

Do you use perfume or cologne when swinging?

We have noticed a total lack of use of cologne and perfumes by couples and even the occasional single male for the wife. Does anyone use perfume or cologne? If so, what brand?

We're hippies, so it's mostly essential oils for us. M. makes his own mixes and I usually start with a base from Aveda.

My signature cologne is The One Gentleman by D&G. Mrs uses a body spray from Victoria's Secret as her signature scent.

Scents make me think you are trying to cover a hygiene issue, particularly if I can smell it from several feet away.

Not many people wear strong scents now because some people are sensitive to it, which is why many workplaces also ban scents.

Scents make me think you are trying to cover a hygiene issue, particularly if I can smell it from several feet away.

True in many cases.

For the record, I detest "overly flowery" perfumes on women. I also tend to think less of men in cheap cologne (I define cheap as stuff you can get at any Walgreens or Target)...mostly because many people tend to bathe in their selected scents when they can swing by and pick up more anytime day or night.

I wear cologne as others wear a ring, watch, or cuff links....as an accessory.

I spent a long time trying to find a scent that I like, that Mrs likes, and that really works with my natural scent rather than covering it up.

We use them but it's important to know that many people use way too much and it can be a turn off for many people. So keep in mind that by wearing a cologne/perfume that it's a potential turn off to a couple that otherwise would be interested. We are there for each other first and foremost and if someone else doesn't like it, oh well, my wife is still going to rip my clothes off at the end of the night :)

Generally, I'd say it's best to err on the side of caution anytime you are dealing with the public. I don't wear much perfume (nor Pet cologne) in general. We may put on a small amount when attending a swinging function but rarely even then. I tend to rely on scented body lotions for scent, as they aren't generally as strong as perfume.

Many people these days (myself included) are sensitive to heavy scents. They can lead to headaches, nausea and more. In a swinging situation you want to smell good but you don't want to overdo it. The hope is that you took a shower and put on deodorant just before leaving the house and that SHOULD be plenty (for some it's not, or perhaps they forgot the shower and deo part). When you put a bunch of people in a room together all their various scents are competing for attention and that can lead to some serious scent overload - kinda like walking into a Bath & Body Works store or past a perfume counter. It's not pleasant.

I wear Sensual Amber from Bath & Body Works as my signature scent. Body lotion all over and when going out 1-2 well placed spritzes. Sometimes I use the body wash too. It's subtle and simple and cheap... But I am in love with it.

Soap and water is my favorite scent, provided its not perfumed soap.

CLEAN is what I like, everything else is rather neutral at best or a head ache at worst.

I also don't wear any perfume to swinging events. I think a clean fresh scent or some scented lotion is plenty good. And I also prefer my playmates not to wear them.

I wear fresh shower smell. Maybe it's because I've gotten older, I find that I'm kinda sensitive to perfumes and colognes.

Some are really delicious, but most give me a headache.

Some are really delicious, but most give me a headache.

Yeah, I would like to chime in as another person who gets headaches from too strong scents, particularly those with a synthetic base (which almost all colognes and perfumes have these days). Plus, most of them smell like toilet bowl cleaner to me.

However, if you make me stand really close if I want to smell what scent you have, I'll really appreciate that, even if it is synthetic. ;)

Soap and water is my favorite scent, provided its not perfumed soap.

CLEAN is what I like, everything else is rather neutral at best or a head ache at worst.

With appropriate hygiene in place, I think the smells that are inherent in sex are the sexiest smells. When it's all over with, plain ol' showering will keep them from getting stale (which is where most of what I don't like comes in).

I would rather smell nice and sweet than smell like I just walked out of The Bog of Eternal Stench :-). But to walk out of a session of Good Sex, now thats a smell worth walking out of...:-)

I just came across some Blue Flannel for my husband - not too strong, and once it settles in to his skin, yummmm.... :facelick:

• Like 1

I'm allergic to some perfumes ... others are ok. I can never tell which ones are ok, so I rather stay away from it. I'm also allergic to most hand creams. All these fumes block my nose and that would be a shame if you want to linger in some places.

To me there is nothing more sexy and feminine that a lady with a touch of perfume, not a shower but a little touch, LOVE IT!! specially when you are up close and intimate...;)

I use scent or Eau de toilette strategically. I have unashamedly gone out on the town to attract men and I sometimes find a single man; sometimes a married man. If married, I secretly hope that the man's spouse will detect a scent that is not her own and wonder what he has been doing when he has told her he would be working late.

I am considering entering into the swing scene. I will not be wearing Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum. I will have no intention of causing a stir with anybody's spouse if that is what I do.

Throughout daily vanilla activities I'll usually not use any artificial scents, though I'd keep a body spray of some Old Spice or Axe (I know...nothing like smelling like a desperate, horny teenage male :lol:) with me to freshen up if I start getting ripe (this is Florida after all) or if I'd know I'd be going to a stop with a particular customer who also happened to be female ;).

The only time I usually wear actual cologne is when we go out and do something LS related. I lean old school, so it's usually something like Avon Wild County (my favorite since I was a kid and has that Barber Shop scent) or Chaps, which maybe it's just coincidence, but I've had my most success with other women in the past when wearing it.

The wife usually likes to use sprays or perfumes everyday for any activity and has no particular preference other then something "smells good". I have found that floral or vanilla scents complement her better though and the perfume I found that has combined best with her own scent has been the original Bond Girl (has nothing to do with me being a 007 fan I assure you :cool:) which is now hard as hell to find and/or at a reasonable price and totally different from the more common and inferior Bond Girl Forever.

But the best scent is her own sans of anything other then soap & water. One of my life's small pleasures is the mornings I have off when I can wake up next to her basking in her own unique fragrance. Yes, romantic in a corny way, but true :kissface:.

Interesting. Everyone we ever played with has worn cologne or perfume. My only complaint is that I love to kiss and suck on a woman's neck and if she has sprayed perfume there it is like licking a bar of soap! Nasty! Yuck! My tongue is burning:lol: I'll find other things to do. Not a deal breaker:) I'm using Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male and Prada Amber Pour Homme. She likes her Calvin Klein Eternity.

Not corny at all, we both agree, that is the best

But the best scent is her own sans of anything other then soap & water. One of my life's small pleasures is the mornings I have off when I can wake up next to her basking in her own unique fragrance. Yes, romantic in a corny way, but true .

I love it when someone smells good. I also don't like when it's too much. Lately I have been wearing various Jo Malone scents. They are light and not heavy. They offer a nice sample pack before you commit because it's a bit pricey. Well worth it when you find one you love.