shrevecouple

What size is considered BBW?

I am curious to know at what size is a woman considered a BBW in your opinion. I know everyone's perception is different. Some say it's 14 because that is the smallest size Lane Bryant carries. Some say it's higher at around 18 or 20.

It's hard to go by weight because some can weigh more or less at different sizes and sometimes that has to do with whether they exercise or not. I tend to weigh more than some do at my size. I have been on my own weight loss journeys off and on throughout my adult life. I am really hoping this is my last one. At a size 26 I weighed 262lbs. Now at a size 14 I weigh 188 and most say I don't look like I weigh that much. LOL

If you are at 188, you have done VERY well and I congradulate you for that! No shit!

I would imagine that you have some (for lack of a better word) sagging. If you are serious about maintaining your weight, I would suggest some lifestyle changes to your body. Believe me, my wife has had some done and she looks awesome now.

There are some BBWs that can carry it off and still be sexxy as hell, but then again there are a lot more that are flat out repulsive.

Now, please understand that it is just my opinion here, but if you are sagging, that is not as attractive as a full bodied figure.... not that a blimp is attractive, but there are a few women that can be big and carry it off very well.

like I said, I admire what you have done for yourself.... believe it or not, I would not mind seeing before and after pics to appreciate you more!

I am not the most confident person in the world but I would invite you to see my SLS profile under the same name. Tell me how much sagging you see. LOL

I perved you and yes you look very good there.

There is no real cutoff for BBW, but I don't think you would qualify under what I've generally seen described as such.

I perved you and yes you look very good there.

There is no real cutoff for BBW, but I don't think you would qualify under what I've generally seen described as such.

Well thanks Chicup. So I guess you would have to wonder is it technical and goes by what your numbers say (weight and or pants size) or what you look like? Crazy thing to me is as far as the modeling world is concerned Plus Size models can start as small as size 8 and very commonly at a 10. I guess thankfully for me, men in the south have a tendency to like curvy women.

I guess thankfully for me, men in the south have a tendency to like curvy women.

Reality is that what we see on the magazine covers at the store is NOTHING like what 99.9999999999% of real women look like. I think you'd find in most areas of this country that there are plenty, plenty of men who enjoy women who aren't the stick figures with hot air balloons you see on the covers of magazines.

I perved your profile too. I'd drop the picture taken in the bathroom mirror. Doesn't do you justice, not by a long shot, and you're a LOT cuter than that picture shows.

I like that you state your weight in the profile. Too many times I see women who put something like 5'4" 0lbs. Wow, lighter than air! Cool!

I like that you state your weight in the profile. Too many times I see women who put something like 5'4" 0lbs. Wow, lighter than air! Cool!

I see alot of profiles where the woman's weight isn't posted. I want an honest representation of me on my profile. I have a hard enough time keeping my self esteem going. I don't wanna meet somebody and see that look (you know that look) when they have seen and imagined you one way because of the pictures you have taken at the best angle possible and meet you and your totally different. What blow to the ego that would be.

Does everybody look the same at the same height and weight. NO...I can imagine that if I had all my stats posted and no pictures lots of people wouldn't look twice because of my weight.

Why don't these magazines though catch up with what men supposedly want then? If majority of men like curvier women why aren't they being represented?

My honest opinion is, and this is just my view point.

If your bigger than me, as in taller or heaver. Then your a BBW.

Your not !

I have many friends, and a few playmates, that are BBW's. No regrets about the friendships, or play.

I am curious to know at what size is a woman considered a BBW in your opinion.

There isn't an answer for that, and best of all, defining yourself as "BBW" never has to be done.

My feeling is that the BBW stamp on profiles is overused and totally unnecessary when you provide good pictures (which you have) and your true weight is listed, and you've done that too.

You're a doll. Not only do your proportions look pleasing but you have a striking face. I love that you have a picture with your adorable husband. I'd like to see an additional picture or two of him, full body, as you've provided of yourself. Since you are open to couples, I think it's important to give the wife of couples considering you what she needs to help her decide if she and her husband want to contact you. This is why I think you need another picture of your husband.

I would also suggest dropping the bathroom mirror pic. It doesn't add to your profile. I'd also remove your statement "I am thick(fat) whatever you wanna call it." It suggests a lack of confidence or disappointment with yourself. No need to hint at that. :)

And your title: "Smoking and Swinging go hand in hand? Beginning to wonder!"

My first thought was that you like to smoke and even need to...then I see where you don't want smokers. People will be confused by your title and it's not a positive draw. I suggest finding something else to grab people's attention.

I think, overall, you're off to a great start with your profile. And I think these few changes I mentioned could make it even better.

Have fun!

LM

Although it's not why I started this thread I appreciate all the profile advice. LOL..

I may couples checked as a Maybe on my profile but I do state in it that MFM is what we are looking for at the moment. That is the main reason I don't have more pictures of the hubby on profile. I struggle with self confidence and this has made me scared to add women for all the obvious reasons that come with low self esteem.

And yes....the smoking thing i something else. It is a turnoff for me and it seems the majority of swingers around here smoke. Blah..

Thanks so much for all yall's compliments. The are much appreciated.

And yes....the smoking thing i something else. It is a turnoff for me and it seems the majority of swingers around here smoke. Blah..

That can be regionally variable. Here in Indiana, a lot more people smoke than in most other places in the country. The swinger population reflects that. In California, it's apparently uncommon.

Thanks so much for all yall's ...

Alura, did you read that? Huh? Huh? Huh? KINDRED SPIRIT! :lol:

(shrevecouple; slight in-joke that you're not the butt of. I was picking on Alura in good humor about him saying "y'all" recently)

Being a "BBW" is kind of like being a "swinger" - there's no specific hard-rule as to exactly what it is or how it should be done... but if you want to consider yourself a BBW, I'm sure you'd find plenty of supporters.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you're healthy & like the way you look (or at the very least, you're healthy and your partner(s) enjoy the look of you... just revel in that worry less about the "labels"

To be completely honest I would prefer not to fit that category. I guess for me it's just a mental thing that says. "yeah your fat but still acceptably cute". But apparently depending on which crowd your hanging with at the time one could be considered a BBW.

I think I have said it before, and I have to say it again.. I like my ladies, just the way I like my stake, some fat around the edge :facelick: If your calling yous self a BBW? bring it :facelick: ( whats for dinner ) you I hope :facelick:

To be completely honest I would prefer not to fit that category. I guess for me it's just a mental thing that says. "yeah your fat but still acceptably cute". But apparently depending on which crowd your hanging with at the time one could be considered a BBW.

BBW is just a polite way of saying fat, and if you don't want your weight to be part of the main attraction then leave it out.

I realize thats not perhaps its original intent, but thats pretty much what its being used for these days.

BBW is just a polite way of saying fat, and if you don't want your weight to be part of the main attraction then leave it out.

I realize thats not perhaps its original intent, but thats pretty much what its being used for these days.

Well it really makes no sense not to include my weight. I mean they may see me eventually in person anyway so no sense in hiding it. But I do agree. BBW is a polite way of saying fat. That's why if I am called that...that doesn't help my already wavering self esteem.

Well it really makes no sense not to include my weight. I mean they may see me eventually in person anyway so no sense in hiding it. But I do agree. BBW is a polite way of saying fat. That's why if I am called that...that doesn't help my already wavering self esteem.

Yea, and honestly when we see 0 for weights we just assume to the worst, which is not always the case.

As for your self esteem I'm either one of the best people on the board to talk to about it or the worst depending on your point of view. :D

I find the best way to handle it is to attack the issue head on.

Not long before we started swinging Mrs. Chicup was pretty close to your weight and age, and shes one of those that really has to watch what shes doing or she balloons in a hurry. If your weight isn't a medical issue, I'd highly recommend joining us if you think its something you would be interested in doing.

Mrs. Shrevecouple,

You are very sexy.

I hope you find yourself able to care less about whether someone would apply that label to you. It doesn't mean you're any less sexy.

I'll second the earlier post about putting up a picture of your husband that shows his body type. For the ladies who are trying to decide if they're interested in him, it's important.

honestly, at this point, when i see BBW, i assume sloppy fat/unattractive. if i see pics, but no BBW, i tend to assume the pic is a fair representation of the person, and have most definitely played with larger women.

if i see pics and the person describes themselves as a BBW, but the pics don't really mesh with that (in my mind), i tend to assume the pics must be off.

BBW has come to mean unattractive and not 'large' but 'obese'.

my mother is 5'6" 165lbs...no one thinks she weighs that much. lots of people carry weight very well.

my advice, dont use BBW unless you want negative assumptions made. people will either find you attractive or not, dont give them reason to make that judgment any sooner than they need to.

All this said, i have not seen your profile, as i am not on SLS.

in general though, you sounds fine. dont get down on yourself :) Go out, have fun, and enjoy yourself!

First off, as Chicup put it, I perved your profile, lol. Side, bar, isn't perved "normal" around here :). I certainly would not categorize you as BBW from a physical stand point. I generally think of less hour glass when I think of BBW. But then again, if I where one of those people that was so thin that I whistled as the wind blew by, I might think differently. BBW is in the eye of the holder.

Second, BBW label USUALLY, not always, breaks one of two ways in my experience. The BBW that are proud of it and will flat tell you BBW is the best sex you will ever have. Or the BBW that has a self image issue and is trying head the issue of at the pass. The "I am confident and fun" attitude is sexy and the other isn't.

Bottom line is you are sexy and attractive, and we can see that from your photos. What we can't tell is what type personality you have. Since we can see you, spend your profile space telling us who you are, let your personality shine through, and less about what you look like and I think you will have no issues.

The reason why we don't have more pictures of the hubby is because I am not ready to include women yet. So I am not looking to appeal to them.

The reason why we don't have more pictures of the hubby is because I am not ready to include women yet. So I am not looking to appeal to them.

First off, one man's BBW is another man's twiggy. It's all in the eye of the beholder...as is what the label means...IMHO.

Second, I am confused here a bit. Your profile says you are interested in couples. That would tend to lead one to think you are open to swing of some variety with a couple. If this is your reality then more pics of hubby would be nice for the female of the other couple. If you are only interested in MFM then you may want to drop the bar indicating couples.

Well that bar is small. LOL...And some couples have open marriages which would allow the husband to participate in a MFM. Plus I would think after reading the profile (which interested parties should right?) they should get what we are looking for.

Shrevecouple, you are definitely not BBW. Not in any common sense at least.

Great job on losing weight, always nice to see someone accomplish that task.

Typically BBW means well into the medically obese category. Now the real key with it is how do people handle it themselves. Some people in the BBW category are proud and happy, and some are not. And it really depends on how they carry themselves and their weight. People who are completely out of shape and have seemingly no desire to change it typically wont call themselves BBW, since BBW tends to refer to the happier side of obese.

Back to the profile idea, I would suggest changes to deal with the fact that you want only guys, either single or married. The thing is, if a couple has a guy with a hallpass/permission slip, then that guy will look for single gals/couples who want another guy to join in. You don't have to worry about them finding you, and they most likely wont search through the many, many pages of couples stopping to read all the profiles in hopes of finding someone who actually only wants a single male. Instead they spend most of their time searching through the ones who want a single/permitted male and have indicated as such.

Only reason I see to list your desire for a single male as a couple (with profile notations listing otherwise) would be if you live in an area that has very few people online, so few that it's easy to search and read through everyone.

Leaving the category as couples suggests you want both partners there, and it's a wasted search for many in that category since you do not.

Shrevecouple like MN tom said you are not BBw and big congrats on losing the weight My wfe is on the chuncky side but I don't consider her a bbw either. I consider BBW the real shal I say sloppy sag all over.

I checked out your Swing Lifestyle profile :dncdick::D

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Chicup. That said, looking at your pic on SLS I wouldn't put you in the BBW category.

Years ago when I was doing amateur websites this was one of my BIG pet peeves. I would never classify myself as BBW, I would say I'm curvy and I do have big boobs, but there were those who wanted to stick me in the BBW class (because I wasn't one of the skinny ones). I ended up starting a whole new "niche" of "curvy girls".

I don't think BBW is something you let others class you as, or that there's a certain point at which you have to call yourself that. If you like the term and feel it applies to you, then use it, otherwise don't. Just list your height and weight honestly and use pictures that accurately represent you and you'll be fine.

Great question! I struggled with this label myself. Prior to pregnancy I was 5'7 and 170. I was debating if I should have put the BBW on myself but then I remembered that usually meant I was more on the clinically obese side, instead of just being overweight. Though, I was an active overweight person who hit the gym 5x a week for an hour :) A friend suggested that I label myself woman with curves, which I did because I had more of an hourglass figure.

Guest rdy46227

I think Julie's right; the BBW call must be made by the woman herself.

If she sees herself as curvy, then she feels herself soft and cuddly.

If she's very aware of her mass (or size) while doing the mechanics of sex, then she sees herself as a BBW.