SW_PA_Couple

Injured During Sex, year 2014 edition

The original "Injured During Sex" thread is "archived", so I am going to start a new edition. My dear, long suffering wife likes to stay up late after the other house-party guests have retired for their well-deserved night's rests. Upon one occasion, about a year ago, she and one of the men in her "stable" were up and still goin'-at-it at 3 am when he stumbled over something in the dark and his ass punched a hole in the Sheetrock of the front bedroom. He felt regret for causing the damage so Mister D and I spend the next day patching the ass-shaped hole in the wall.

Well, early (very early) this morning, the same two culprits decided to get into the stand-up shower stall and have stand-up sex while getting clean. Neither I nor any of the other stay-over house guests remember hearing anything, by my wife slipped on a bar of soap. She got up this morning and, with a smile on her face, sat at breakfast, socialized and eventually kissed and waved all of the guests goodbye. The very second the last person disappeared down the road, her face contorted in pain and she told me about how her knee was bruised and swollen.

This repair will not be as easy as patching a wall. I am now watching her in her Oxycodone, Tylenol, ice-pack-swelling-reduction, alcohol-induced twilight state and I believe tomorrow I am going to be skipping work and taking her to the urgent-care clinic. She objects and says, "I'll be OK." But I know better.

So what "Injured Suring Sex" stories to you have?

Note on technique:

Tylenol has no anti-inflamatory properties. While the oxy is good at killing pain, it does nothing to lessen the injury. I'd suggest switching to an anti-inflamatory like ibuprofen. There is no functional difference between the prescription 1000mg tablets and 5 OTC 200mg tablets. Take 1000mg every 4 hrs for the first 12hrs to ramp up to a therapeutic level, then pull back to 800 every 6 and the healing will actually be aided by the reduction in swelling as well as making her more comfortable.

Urgent care is probably still a good idea.

Well, aside from the usual bruises mrs has suffered when men or women get a little too rough with her, there is an ongoing saga right now. Now not really a sex related injury, but it did happen at our club. We just got out of the jacuzzi and mrs put on her sky high 7" platform stilettos. Her feet were still a little wet, and she fell off one and cracked her wrist. Yep, doing the splinting, Percocet, icing thing for the past couple of weeks. :sad:

• Like 1

I always say, "It's not an orgy until you get an elbow in the face!"

I'm sorry to hear about your injuries I hope they heal quickly.

I hurt my knee a few weeks ago at a girls' night out pole dance class. But, nothing serious.

My wife developed a streptococcal infection in her breast, which I previously posted about to sympathetic ears. I attribute it to the hot tub at Desire Pearl, but it is only my theory.

Note on technique:

Tylenol has no anti-inflamatory properties. While the oxy is good at killing pain, it does nothing to lessen the injury. I'd suggest switching to an anti-inflamatory like ibuprofen. There is no functional difference between the prescription 1000mg tablets and 5 OTC 200mg tablets. Take 1000mg every 4 hrs for the first 12hrs to ramp up to a therapeutic level, then pull back to 800 every 6 and the healing will actually be aided by the reduction in swelling as well as making her more comfortable.

Urgent care is probably still a good idea.

And the nurse in me comes out... Just make sure she limits her acetaminophen dosage to 4000mg or 4 grams per 24 hours. I don't want her liver to quiver. :)

And the nurse in me comes out... Just make sure she limits her acetaminophen dosage to 4000mg or 4 grams per 24 hours. I don't want her liver to quiver. :)
She took two extra-strength aspirin yesterday evening and is having very restful night (still sound asleep even as I type this).

Fascinating. The quality of the medical advice is quite good, and kudos to LFM2 for pointing out the potential risks associated with excess acetaminophen (paracetamol for the Brits, and Tylenol for those who dislike generic names). PercoCET derives its name from the included acetaminophen. Let me add a note on the use of non-steroidal medications (NSAIDs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen [aka Motrin, Aleve and a host of others]). These should be taken only for short periods of time when using high doses and are known to cause a variety of expected effects including difficulty stopping bleeding, gastric distress and altered kidney function.

The use of ice to reduce swelling is helpful. However, persistent pain in a joint after a fall deserves medical evaluation. While not everyone needs an MRI, a professional evaluation is indicated if the pain and swelling are not materially better a day or two after an injury, and sooner for obviously severe injuries that compromise the ability to ambulate, lift and so on.

For the medical types--physicians, nurses, NP/PA non-physician providers, first responders--there must be an article we can write about this! :lol:

Fascinating. The quality of the medical advice is quite good, and kudos to LFM2 for pointing out the potential risks associated with excess acetaminophen (paracetamol for the Brits, and Tylenol for those who dislike generic names). PercoCET derives its name from the included acetaminophen. Let me add a note on the use of non-steroidal medications (NSAIDs such as aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen [aka Motrin, Aleve and a host of others]). These should be taken only for short periods of time when using high doses and are known to cause a variety of expected effects including difficulty stopping bleeding, gastric distress and altered kidney function.

The use of ice to reduce swelling is helpful. However, persistent pain in a joint after a fall deserves medical evaluation. While not everyone needs an MRI, a professional evaluation is indicated if the pain and swelling are not materially better a day or two after an injury, and sooner for obviously severe injuries that compromise the ability to ambulate, lift and so on.

For the medical types--physicians, nurses, NP/PA non-physician providers, first responders--there must be an article we can write about this! :lol:

Oh yes, forgot about the anti-inflammatories. Thanks Fundamental Law for chiming in. I don't want to see anyone's kidneys or stomach quivering either. Not to mention bleeding when you brush your teeth. When that happens, you know you've probably taken too much.

My big worry with Tylenol is doubling up. Taking Percocet or Lortab and Tylenol on top of that. Just be aware of what makes up your medications. :)

With her at the urgent-care clinic now. She's alone, actually, in the exam room now. My guess is they are asking the usual questions about "are you being abused by anybody". I fear I am becoming all too familiar with hospital/clinic routine.

Not exactly an in flagrante delicto swinging injury, but she took a misstep walking out the door of a playmate's house at about 3 a.m. and received a bad ankle sprain. We had to help her to the car, and she could barely even hobble for the next several days, and then gingerly for several more after that.

Patella fracture revealed by examination and x-ray. Knee brace applied, Referral to knee surgeon given, prescription for Percoset, advice for ibuprofen.

Patella fracture revealed by examination and x-ray. Referral to knee surgeon given, prescription for perkesat, advice for ibuprofeni.

WOW!! I think Mrs. SW_PA_Couple wins a prize for one of the worst swinging injuries ever!

OK... No taking extra tylenol with the Percocet. Ibuprofen 200-400mg every 4-6 hours or 600-800mg every 6-8 hours or so. Be sure to eat something with those to lessen the upset on the stomach! Don't crush your ibuprofen. :) Can I also suggest a stool softener as well because the percocet has some constipation properties. That, plus less moving around isn't good for the bowels. :)

I am so sorry. That's going to put a crimp in the swinging for a while.

I wish her a very speedy recovery. Keep us updated on surgery date, etc...

I had my heart broken by a delicious Blond that decided I was too old for her style.. does that count?
That counts.

. . . "It's not an orgy until you get an elbow in the face!" . . .
Wish I'd thought of that one. I would have put that into the title of the thread.

Good Lord be careful, sex is supposed to be fun, not the final down in a football game.
Hey, people use baseball analogies; not football.

Update: My dear wife is no longer feeling pain from her injury but she had to cancel her scheduled CT scan because she developed gastroenteritis and could not make the appointment. It is possible that the gastroenteritis was a result of close contact at a swingers' party so let's maybe add this to our list of possible sexually-transmitted infections, although I'm told you can get this one off a toilet seat. I had a flu shot last November; she didn't (I told her so).

Life is one big series of random accidents. We should all have fun while we are able.

I believe that would be "Sex sent me to the ER" as seen on TLC. Quiet an amusing show :)