Fours Company

Don't have time to swing - best to just delete profile?

First off let me say I've unfortunately not had sufficient opportunity to participate here due to a very demanding schedule and a lack of interest when I have had time partly caused by this and the end result is the feeling of us drifting away from the swing scene. Also due to this it has made it very difficult to meet new couples on the days we are available during the week and we've been debating deleting our SLS account.

Part of this, stems from the fact we have been contacted by others during the last few weeks, but have not responded due to time constraints, but also in a few cases due to them not being what we are looking before mostly because they didn't sufficiently read the profile.

In one case, we received a rather sarcastic response back from one of them over not responding (this was from the one who didn't read the profile before writing to us, so we were going to turn them down anyway). But this first got me thinking maybe we should put in our profile the caveat that if you write to us, it might take us several days before we read a contact and can write back to them or maybe instead just put on there the disclaimer I've seen on others that we are taking a break from meeting new people since it's too hard to find others with the same schedule.

But then I figured what would be the point of even keeping a profile active and maybe we should just delete it so as to not lead others on we are still looking for new people only to find we have no time to actually meet or catch an attitude from them when we don't respond right away, if at all. Since we are not lifetime members, in fact no longer even have paid status and lost our only cert when the other couple deleted their profile, I figure there is really nothing to lose if we have to recreate a new one again in the future.

Just curious what others might do in this situation. How many others when taking a break from the LS, for whatever reason, have deleted their profile or did you simply add the disclaimer to it instead? Did you do this in order not to be perceived as another one of those "dead" or maybe fake profiles we've all seen that seem to be members forever but don't respond to contacts or appear to be really active in the LS?

Also, do you respond to every contact, even if it's no thanks, or is it sometimes better to let no answer be taking for the answer? Though we all decry at times the lack of response, even if it's to say No, to us, not receiving an answer is sometimes better then a "not interested" and thus can't understand others getting upset enough when they don't from us to let us know about it. In fact, I think the potential for getting a negative response when someone doesn't respond or turns you down, is one of the reasons others sometimes reconsider even going the online route of meeting others.

I would leave the profile up but put in your status that you are taking a break. At least you still can maintain contact with people you know, review local events, etc.

if you're not going to at least acknowledge contacts, then why not just leave? You're not available, and not looking, so the question looms... why are you here?

You can also block your profile for males, females, and couples. Go to "Tools" > "Privacy Features" and select everything. This makes you "invisible" and you can still lurk if you want.

You can also block your profile for males, females, and couples. Go to "Tools" > "Privacy Features" and select everything. This makes you "invisible" and you can still lurk if you want.

That's is a good idea I never thought of. However, does this merely make your profile invisible to only those doing a search or will it also show you as offline to those you've had a mail history with and/or have listed as friends?

I would just put a note up that says not looking to meet new people at this time. We are just here to keep in touch with old friends.. Then I would take down most of the pics and mothball the thing till you want to come back.. I have had some friends do that and it seems to work. I know you will make a choice that is good for you Good luck.

• Like 1

Sls has a feature to block all categories of profiles and you can toggle privacy on and off. I am not swinging right now so that's what I did on sls and on another site I just put that I am not meeting new friends at this time. Why not delete? Because I've invested in a lifetime account on both sites an believe I may return to the lifestyle sooner or later.

The thing about making yourself invisible to all categories (single men, single women and couples) is that some old friends are no longer able to see you profile and might wonder if you are snubbing them.

The thing about making yourself invisible to all categories (single men, single women and couples) is that some old friends are no longer able to see you profile and might wonder if you are snubbing them.

That's a good point! Gosh you all are so clever to think about all of these options and repercussions!

If you delete your profile they won't see it either and also their mail will be gone. It used to be that if you have them on your friends list and have exchanged mail they could still see your profile but I'm not sure if that still works.

I've seen lots of profiles where in the title they have 'Taking a Break' and so we skip right over them. On the other hand, deleting and later creating a new profile will make you pop up under the 'new users' search and could gain you even more attention.

Here's what I would do with my profile if we were taking a break. Feel free to steal, adapt, or completely ignore. ;)

Headline: "Taking a Break"

We Are Looking For: "Um, nothing really. Seriously, we're taking a break. Too much on the plate right now."

Description: "Lovely couple that just so happens to be taking a break."

Our Fantasies and Real Experiences: "We dream of a time when we don't have to take a break, like we're doing right now."

What Else We'd Like to Say, Do, See, Hear About and/or Learn: "We'd like to mention that currently, we're taking a break. Even if you see us on here from time to time, we're still taking a break. I know, we're totally awesome and would be a perfect match, and we'd totally love you, but unfortunately, right now we can't meet you, because, well, we're taking a break." :)

• Like 1