gwen.adams

How do I discreetly identify myself to a swinger, and recognize others who swing?

I'm new to this and am not really into bar scenes, so I'm not sure a club is my style. I'd like to know if there is a way to discreetly identify myself as being open to the lifestyle, and to identify others that are as well. I'm also a little submissive and know there is BDSM jewelry that indicates such, but haven't found anything for LS jewelry. HELP!

I cannot attest to the effectiveness of using jewelry to identify yourself and I have never heard anybody say, "I wear this anklet, bracelet and pendant so that people will recognize it while I am out and about." But it is a question that been raised several time at this this esteemed bulletin board.

There isn't some sort of universal sign, although periodically someone will come up with a new one that is supposed to get us there. But none of them have ever reached even partial acceptance, so, no, there isn't any easy way to identify swingers without going where swingers congregate.

We're not into the bar scene either, but neither is our club. Like many, it's BYO beer and wine only, with a DJ and a smallish dance floor, a chef-prepared dinner and the chance to converse in many areas that are not playrooms.

As others have said, clubs can run the range of more of a quiet private social club type environment up to your typical dance club (but with benefits :) ) Going where the swingers go is really the only way you can be sure that the people you are meeting are at least interested in swinging to some degree if not actually active in it. Any other way, it's a roll of the dice and the reply you get when you bring it up may not be a good one. Some vanilla bars do seem to be favored by swingers, but it's still hard to tell who is who.

Just your luck there is a way. It's discreet and nowhere near a club.

Try on online ad.

My first thought was an ad too but I had another thought as well. If your interest is in couples you meet or already know then simply ask, in a somewhat kidding way, if you can borrow their spouse. If you get a negative reaction you can always fall back on, 'to fix your sink', or 'to do your laundry'! But, if you get a smile then let them sleep on it and you make it more suggestive the next time you ask it.

There is a movement on kasidie to wear a black ring on your right hand ring finger. Seems to be picking up some popularity, my wife and I have jumped in.

I also play a little as a sub, and occasionally wear a Story Of O, ring, on a chain around my neck. Very few people have recognized what it was, and they themselves are involved in BDSM culture. I guess I was looking for something like that, that's discreet, but also consistently noticeable to those "in the know".

The problem with some kind of jewelry, apparel, etc. is that once knowledge of the sign goes outside the lifestyle, it's no longer discreet. As popularity/acceptance of the sign increases, so does the likelihood of the word getting out outside the LS.

Just my two cents.

Swinger signs and signals are things of urban legend. Like other posters have said, if some signal or sign were to catch on, it would no longer be effective. Cut to the chase and sign up on SLS or whatever site is popular in your area. It's so much easier just to go to a party where there's no question who the swingers are, versus looking for some sort of secret handshake in the vanilla world.

Perhaps subtlety is over rated.

In your face in the correct environments is probably best. 

Near home we are very vanilla. When traveling we have an sls car sticker that is stuck to a magnetic strip. This goes on the car

, when at motels, wine tasting , have not tried it camping yet.

Success? Not so much. I really think most people gloss over things like that in the wild.

The anklet might be the most useful in a club or bar scene where people are  more on the prowl.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Trophy1802
      We are heading to Cuba on May 4th and will be staying at a non-lifestyle resort. As we enjoy getting together with other couples or inviting another guy to join us for some threesome fun, we are wondering if anyone has had any luck in attracting or getting the attention of potential interested play partners at non-LS resorts?

If so, does anyone have any suggestions/tips/tricks that could help us in seeing if there are other people in the LS like us that may be willing to explore the possibility of some adult fun during our stay? After all, we are sure that we are not the only LS people that frequent non-LS resorts from time-to-time.

Thanks and all the best to all Swingersboard members.
    • By MadlyInLuv
      The wife and I were discussing all of our swinging meet and greet dinners that never panned out. Many of them went really well and proceeded to planning stages for a date, but then aborted close to go-time.

This could be just our perspective, but to us there seems to be a lot of people that fall into one of the following categories:

-- They are in it to try to find a female for the wife. They have failed finding a unicorn, and so they have moved to the couples category and think they can just 'figure it out' and tolerate the spouse. Some of them even imply that they center around the girl play and get dodgy about what the guys are going to do while all of this is going down.

-- The husband is clearly into it, and the wife acts into it but she doesn't interact as much. This inevitably ends in a last minute permanent flake where they disappear from the universe all of a sudden.

-- Chatters. They meet for dinner and get excited. They chat enthusiastically for sometimes weeks trying to line schedules up. Time comes around for the play date and they bail.

It's actually a welcome relief when couples figure out that our interests don't align very quickly and stop talking. That saves EVERYONE a lot of wasted time. I have a lot of regular good ol' American vanilla hobbies in my wife and I really don't want to waste weeks of energy for something that isn't going to go anywhere.
    • By jjtrindc
      It's Monday so I thought we all could use a fun post to kick off the week. I just read a thread about "indicators or signs" about how you can identify yourself as a swinger which reminded me of a fun podcast I heard where they listed off all the ways you may be able to tell if your neighbor, co-worker, etc is a swinger.

So I'll kick it off...

If you see your neighbor's wife headed out the door in a trenchcoat on a Saturday night...in August...well, they just may be swingers.
    • By SimpIySexual
      Okay so I feel like this is probably pretty common amongst new swingers but I need to discuss it with someone cause I feel kinda bad.

So me and my wife started swinging and have only had 2 experiences so far, both at the swing club near us.  Both times me and my wife went she (a social butterfly) found someone within a couple hours and completed one of her fantasies both times.

The first time I wasn't present with her I was just outside the room in the main play room. I did this to let her try it without any pressure or influence from me.

The second time we dvp/dped her and had a lot of fun. Like 30 people stood around watching her wanting to get involved

So my problem starts a few days ago when we got into a mild argument and she said "well it's kinda fucked. You have got to see me fuck another man. I've done it twice, but you have yet to do anything with another woman."

So personally I'm an extremely shy and introverted person. She always thought I was the catch cause when we met in highschool all the girls were falling over me and I only had eyes for her. Well she walks into the club and literally everyone is looking at her. I don't have "game" shit Idk how to even flirt. 

It's not because I feel bad or like I'm cheating, I could honestly give a fuck less about that sorta stuff. I just don't have the confidence to go to a woman I find attractive and shoot my shot. I grew up extremely abused and so rejection to me is something that crushes me. When you learn to never ask for anything being denied when you finally do just ends your confidence.

So really my question, is this normal for one partner to be the clear catch and able to go find partners where the other partner can't find anyone due to confidence? I dont want to make her mad because I don't ever do it but I also don't want to force myself to go fuck someone I don't even find attractive or something just to make her happy.

I am totally content in our swinging choice and everything else. This is really just one of those things I hadn't anticipated. I hate it cause I know I'm attractive. I just have 0 confidence to test it out.