Funtogether9

Considering moving to a new swinger personals site

Have any of you considered moving your profile off of SLS? With all the problems that the site has been having with the picture problems the last few months we have been looking at other sites. We put up our profile on a few different ones but it seems that in New England SLS dominates. So we have decided to keep our profile up on that site for now and use it just for the party notices. Sucks that we have not been able to edit our galleries or upload new pics for some time now. Just wondering if anyone else has given the thought about migrating to a new place?

SLS kinda seems to dominate most everywhere. We've been looking at moving over to Kasidie and/or SwingerZoneCentral. They both have great features. I prefer the profiles at Kasidie but I prefer the layout and usability of SZC. SZC seems to have a slightly larger following in the south, but I'm all for backing a push for either of them.

We have a lifetime sls membership, but rarely use it.

We really like Kasidie, but it is a desert in our area. Swingerzonecentral is super popular here in Ohio and is very interactive and functional.

I prefer how kasidie looks and works but the club we use SLS to follow isn't listed with them.

You should talk to the club. Kasidie is awesome for clubs and promoters. They will give them free lifetime membership and lots of promotional items, free trial memberships, etc.

From this discussion, I decided to invest some time in really checking Kasidie out.

The other two clubs we are intending to check into and possibly routinely visit are listed. That's a plus.

We love the way profiles work. The interests really help to have a quick view of who they are and what they are into. This really helps me with my anxiety over not knowing where to open conversation and if there are common threads.

We decided to get an annual membership. Now I'll go promoting for them, lol.

We really like Kasidie as well, just not nearly as many from our area on it yet. I suspect that with SLS's continued problems more will be migrating away soon. Luckily the two groups we frequent are on there as well.

It's interesting to see everyone preferring Kasidie. We like that it's a more modern looking interface, but overall I don't really like the site. It isn't that there aren't many people there in our area (there aren't). It's more that the interface is too busy. I don't really enjoy using the site. So it's an odd mix of liking the newer interface, but preferring the simple usability of a site like SLS or SDC.

If we could have a swinger site that worked like OKCupid I would be singing its praises from the rooftops.

So it's an odd mix of liking the newer interface, but preferring the simple usability of a site like SLS or SDC.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about Kasidie.

We started on SLS and moved to SDC a few months later. We still keep a free profile on SLS and they both say about the same things most the time. In our area it is basicly the same people on both sites so there is really no reason to pay for both. We have tried Kasidie and swappingpartners (basicly AFF) before. Our profiles are still there but we rarely ever check it. No one in our area is on kasidie and the only real people on swappingpartners were already on SDC.

It's interesting to see everyone preferring Kasidie. We like that it's a more modern looking interface, but overall I don't really like the site. It isn't that there aren't many people there in our area (there aren't). It's more that the interface is too busy. I don't really enjoy using the site. So it's an odd mix of liking the newer interface, but preferring the simple usability of a site like SLS or SDC.

If we could have a swinger site that worked like OKCupid I would be singing its praises from the rooftops.

I think that's why I like szc. It seems to have the best balance on the interface side... Just needs people.

We stopped using Kasidie for all the same reasons. It seemed silly to pay for features that our local swing site gave us for free. Then our local swing site got absorbed into Kasidie. They gave us the upgraded membership for 90 days, but it's been unimpressive. Almost every message is an invite to join someone's group (many of them businesses), which we have no interest in.

We're probably atypical of their members, since we really only want to browse profiles to try to meet in person. The chatter on people's walls is an annoying distraction and the setup for looking at photos is so user-unfriendly that it's rarely worth the effort. Like I said, we must be pretty unique because it seems like almost everyone else just loves Kasidie.

We've let the free upgrade lapse because we weren't getting anything out of it. If anyone has suggestions, we'd love to hear them.

We stopped using Kasidie for all the same reasons. It seemed silly to pay for features that our local swing site gave us for free. Then our local swing site got absorbed into Kasidie. They gave us the upgraded membership for 90 days, but it's been unimpressive. Almost every message is an invite to join someone's group (many of them businesses), which we have no interest in.

We're probably atypical of their members, since we really only want to browse profiles to try to meet in person. The chatter on people's walls is an annoying distraction and the setup for looking at photos is so user-unfriendly that it's rarely worth the effort. Like I said, we must be pretty unique because it seems like almost everyone else just loves Kasidie.

Not all that unique (at least not to me). I've actually voiced almost identical thoughts to the owners based on my time with the site. It has a lot of promise IMO, but I do find it really cluttered. And while it's great for club owners and site owners that they don't limit their interactions, it almost seems like those things take over the site. That said, I'm in an area with almost no presence on Kasidie, so I'd hoped maybe it just 'seemed' that way to me. Oddly enough our local club owner (who is tech challenged) loves the site and has no issues with it. I've actually had to get her to walk me through how to change my default profile picture (which is bass ackwards if you know her and you know me).

SwingerZoneCentral seems to have a lot of the same features that Kasidie as far as the social networking thing, but they seem to work better. That said, I'm not a huge fan of their profile layout either (too spread out, too much white space).

I think that despite the complaints, the biggest reason SLS has continued to keep the lions share of users is just because they keep it simple.

. . . I think that despite the complaints, the biggest reason SLS has continued to keep the lions share of users is just because they keep it simple.
With this I concur.

We do like the simple layout of SLS, but we haven't been able to manage our photo's for way to long now. Tried Kasidie(like it just not many New Englanders) Swapfinder( didn't care for the layout) Swingular( Same thing) Swingzonecentral ( almost no one from our area). Our favorite right now is SDC. Now we just have to get our favorite groups to post their parties on there.

As long as I can track club attendance, I am happy.

I like the preference options. Its an easy way to see if interests match up.

Y'all might be interested to know that SLS has returned to full functionality including that they have completed their adjustments of the Gallery-permissions and image-editing features.

Guest screaminggood

We have free on SLS, SDC, and Kasidie because we usually just check them for party/club info. That being said, Kasidie made me upset that I had a "flirt" from someone but the free portion wouldn't let me look at it! Come on, the other two let me get email/message, etc!!!

I like SDC for the club info but SLS seems to have more house party type events for us.

. . . Kasidie made me upset that I had a "flirt" from someone but the free portion wouldn't let me look at it! . . .
You could always ask for a refund.

We have profiles on SLS, Kasidie and SZC. To be honest there are things about each that we like and things we dislike about each of them. In our area, almost all the active ie not fakes are on SLS and they keep up with the local parties and groups. SwingerZoneCentral is overall the best site. The owner/moderator is also a swinger and he and his wife truely care and understand the LS issues. Their forums are the best feature of the group and are highly informative/intertaining. Kasidie seems like it should be good but gets "busy" and cluttered with their social wall. There are never any information about events or clubs in our area on Kasidie.

For now we will continue to check all the sites but SLS will be our main one just due to the fact that we find the "real action and people" here.

• Like 1

Here in the Kansas City area (and through most of KS, MO, OK, and AR it seems), C4P has a pretty strong share of the market. SLS doesn't have much as far as events in our region, though there are a fair amount of subscribers in our area. SZC doesn't seem to have much around here at all. We haven't really checked into Kasidie much at this point since C4P serves our needs for the most part and is less expensive.

Here in the Kansas City area (and through most of KS, MO, OK, and AR it seems), C4P has a pretty strong share of the market. SLS doesn't have much as far as events in our region, though there are a fair amount of subscribers in our area. SZC doesn't seem to have much around here at all. We haven't really checked into Kasidie much at this point since C4P serves our needs for the most part and is less expensive.
Thank you for the regional summary. I did get a lifetime membership at Kasidie when they were running a special, but as many here have noted, the sites that people actually use do seem to be very-much chopped-up into regional clusters.

Of SDC, SLS, and SZC, SDC seems to be the most expensive, at $145/year. It also seems to be strong on the east coast, not so much elsewhere (maybe?).

SLS comes next, at $69/year or $189/lifetime. Unsure about this one.

SZC comes third, at $55/year or $100/lifetime. Seems stronger in the "old midwest" (Ohio & Indiana, & states N & S of them) than in the "new midwest" (IL S of Chicago, MO, KS, etc).

I'm trying to sign up on C4P, but they seem to be slow to accept my registration right now. What are C4P's annual and/or lifetime price(s)?

Sites depend on your area. LL is big in my area, so is sls, kaside not so much. Funny thing is we are on all three so its a non issue.

Cast your nets wide and deep.

We're on kasidie, SZC, SDC and about a dozen other sites and we have yet to find any site that has even half the number of swingers in our area as SLS has. We also love the simple SLS interface, we can quickly see pics, scan for height and weight, and read the profiles without scrolling through a bunch of wall nonsense. It seems that most other sites are set up like facebook, for people that just want to flirt, chat, comment on pics, and collect friends they'll never meet. Kasidie was OK when we were on the west coast, but the interface was too busy and hard to navigate. A lot of our international friends use SDC and it's strong in tourist areas like Florida. SLS remains the gold standard in our area, at least if you're looking for real people that actually meet.

Have any of you considered moving your profile off of SLS? With all the problems that the site has been having with the picture problems the last few months we have been looking at other sites. We put up our profile on a few different ones but it seems that in New England SLS dominates. So we have decided to keep our profile up on that site for now and use it just for the party notices. Sucks that we have not been able to edit our galleries or upload new pics for some time now. Just wondering if anyone else has given the thought about migrating to a new place?

Yes, we were lifetime SLS members and got fed up with the numerous issues and dumped it.

There comes a point when a business model crosses line between "sorry, we made a few mistakes" to willful incompetence.

Yes, we were lifetime SLS members and got fed up with the numerous issues and dumped it.

There comes a point when a business model crosses line between "sorry, we made a few mistakes" to willful incompetence.

So throw us a bone, where did you find another site that has the critical mass of SLS?

• Like 1

So throw us a bone, where did you find another site that has the critical mass of SLS?

I don't support businesses that suck.

As far alternatives...

Capitalism is a force of nature that has a nasty habit of killing off poorly managed businesses and replacing them with better run ones. Think Fisker and Tesla.

I don't support businesses that suck.

As far alternatives...

Capitalism is a force of nature that has a nasty habit of killing off poorly managed businesses and replacing them with better run ones. Think Fisker and Tesla.

So that's a "no," then ... you haven't found another site with that critical mass. Yet, at least. Right? :)