My wife and I are considering going to Cancun in June. We have never swung and we are not necessarily looking to when we go, but if my wife could find someone she likes, a girl or guy possibly, to invite back to the room we might consider. Any suggestions? We were looking at The Royal Cancun resort, it is adults only, we don't want kids running around.

Also is it safe with all the drug cartel stuff going on in Mexico? We didn't see any advisories on the State Department website for that area.

Thanks for any input!

Cancun is very safe especially on resorts because they have security.

I think it would be hard to find someone to swing with at a vanilla resort. We went to a few all-inclusives before we started swinging. People just aren't friendly like they are at someplace like Desire or Hedo.

We've been to Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen. It's small, upscale and very nice. I don't think any chance of swinging there. It is adults only.

Desire was great. I would highly recommend it.

Cancun is very safe especially on resorts because they have security.

I think it would be hard to find someone to swing with at a vanilla resort. We went to a few all-inclusives before we started swinging. People just aren't friendly like they are at someplace like Desire or Hedo.

We've been to Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen. It's small, upscale and very nice. I don't think any chance of swinging there. It is adults only.

Desire was great. I would highly recommend it.

Cool, thanks for the advice! Yeah, so far everything we have read and heard is that it is safe there. My buddy said the same thing, that the resorts have private security. I don't think it's a major drug trafficking route at all, so I think there is not too much to worry about in that area.

I have heard great things about Desire, I just don't know if my wife is ready to stay at a place like that yet. I need to ease her and us into this!;) Is Playa Del Carmen safe as well? And traveling to and from there to Cancun?

We were thinking of staying right near Cancun, a short drive or walk to the clubs or bars if we want.

I think Playa del Carmen is only 15 to 30 min. from Cancun and is also a safe resort area. Desire Pearl is near there, more expensive, nice rooms, less people than the main desire in Cancun. I think Temptations which is topless is also nearby.

We've always stayed at all-inclusives so have never bar-hopped or rented a car. I would be very nervous about driving. The drivers are a bit wild.

We took a taxi to an eco-park where you can snorkel in the ceynotes and see lots of monkeys, iguanas, etc. I think it's called xcaret. I am a nature girl so I really liked that.

i think Playa del Carmen is only 15 to 30 min. from Cancun and is also a safe resort area. Desire Pearl is near there, more expensive, nice rooms, less people than the main Desire in Cancun. I think Temptations which is topless is also nearby.

We've always stayed at all-inclusives so have never bar-hopped or rented a car. I would be very nervous about driving. The drivers are a bit wild.

We took a taxi to an eco-park where you can snorkel in the ceynotes and see lots of monkeys, iguanas, etc. I think it's called xcaret. I am a nature girl so I really liked that.

Yeah my buddy's wife has stayed in Playa Del Carmen and recommends that to us...says it is very nice. We like to stay up late some nights, so I'm not sure if the bars ther on the resort stay open past midnight? We will look into it. We love nature too, we would like to check something like Xcaret out also if it is safe. We wouldn't rent a car down there for sure, that is why we were thinking we should stay near were the action/bars/clubs are that stay open later into the night in Cancun. The resorts in Playa Del Carmen look awesome though! My wife and I have never swung, we are just beginning to talk about it out of the bedroom so I don't know if we would feel comfortable at a resort like Desires or Temptations? Are they vanilla/curious friendly?

You should check out tripadvisor.com They have great reviews and advice.

Thanks for the tip! Yeah we have been checking that website out regularly for reviews. It is very helpful!

The more adventurous resorts (Desire, Hedo) are newbie friendly. And all kinds are there, newbies, nudists, swingers. You do what is comfortable for you. Also the level of swing activity varies depending on the cross section of people there. If there is a swing group there, sometimes more play activity. We were considering a trip last year to Temptations, but from a swinging point of view I think it would have been too tame.

Everyone I talked to who has been to Temptations said there is no swinging going on there.

We felt very safe at Xcaret. I haven't heard of anyone having issues. The monkeys are loud though!

Yeah my buddy's wife has stayed in Playa Del Carmen and recommends that to us...says it is very nice. We like to stay up late some nights, so I'm not sure if the bars there on the resort stay open past midnight? We will look into it. We love nature too, we would like to check something like Xcaret out also if it is safe. We wouldn't rent a car down there for sure, that is why we were thinking we should stay near were the action/bars/clubs are that stay open later into the night in Cancun. The resorts in Playa Del Carmen look awesome though! My wife and I have never swung, we are just beginning to talk about it out of the bedroom so I don't know if we would feel comfortable at a resort like Desires or Temptations? Are they vanilla/curious friendly?

Sounds like you might be putting the cart before the horse here. If you cant even stay at a swinger resort then you might wanna rethink what your after. I would say that would be the first step. Stay at a place an watch. You don't ever have to take part. No rules on that. Also its ok to say " no thanks " politely. A full swing is a BIG step. Reality to all this is a big eye opener. Go and watch and see what you think. Bet you don't take your clothes off for at least the first drunk session. lol

Sounds like you might be putting the cart before the horse here. If you cant even stay at a swinger resort then you might wanna rethink what your after. I would say that would be the first step. Stay at a place an watch. You don't ever have to take part. No rules on that. Also its ok to say " no thanks " politely. Reality to all this is a big eye opener. Go an watch an see what you think. Bet you don't take your clothes off for at least the first drunk session. lol

Sounds good, like you can do your own thing if you want. That is good! I really want to check Desire out sometime. Maybe not this trip though. This will be our honeymoon trip. I think I could talk her into checking one of those places out in the near future though, especially if everyone is cool and there is no pressure and we can just relax if we want!

Everyone I talked to who has been to Temptations said there is no swinging going on there.

We felt very safe at Xcaret. I haven't heard of anyone having issues. The monkeys are loud though!

Temptations sounds like a party place. That might be interesting, except we would also want to be able to have a quiet relaxing time also if we wanted. Good to hear it is safe down there!

So I think we are leaning towards Playa Del Carmen area, the resorts look nicer, we are looking for a party scene but not necessarily the college party scene that I think we would get in Cancun. We would like to find a nice relaxing resort with some cool beach bars or other bars that stay open late where we could meet and hang out with other fun couples or singles...maybe my wife could click with another guy and do some heavy flirting/light touching ;)

I think the Playa Del Carmen area is safe also. Have any of you guys been there recently?

I think we've been to Cabo and/or Cancun 10 or 12 times over the last decade or so. It sounds to me like you would like to ease into maybe-swinging but you're not sure. Newbie stuff. It also sounds like you would like to explore all of the stuff there is to do around Cancun...good vacation stuff.

On the swinging-maybe side, are you nudists? If you are, then you will like Desire regardless of whether you swing, but since you are curious, you will like it even more. Nobody can make you swing, but people will certainly ask. If you aren't ready, just tell them what you are thinking. Be honest. People are respectful, but would love for you to join the naughty side. We weren't swingers the first time we went to Desire, but we sure liked getting naked and we sure enjoyed ourselves having sex outdoors in and by the hot tub and we became much more comfortable with the idea of swinging.

If you aren't nudists, but want an atmosphere that is somewhat sexy, then I recommend Temptations. The women can be topless and there is sexy stuff going on--games and things. I'm sure there is some swinging that goes on there, but it will be harder to find. You can ease yourselves into sexy...whatever that is.

Here is what I really think you should do, that may work on both the vacation and swinger newbie sides: go to both resorts. Temptations and Desire are owned by the same company. We love being in Cancun. There is lots to do...we especially love going to Coco Bongo...which is about the most fun PG nightclub you will ever find. Sometimes we will start the trip by staying at Temptations for 2-3 nights.

CocoBongo: In Cancun you take the bus everywhere (about $1), except that you might have to catch a cab at 3:30 or 4 am when you leave C.B. We go over to C.B. late in the afternoon and pay extra for VIP tickets to be first in line (you don't have to do that), and tip the waiters to get onto a balcony. The place opens at 11 pm. By midnight it is rocking. It has the most fun shows around. It is impossible to describe, but our vanilla friend said it was the most visually stimulating experience she hd ever had...then, of course, she had never been to an orgy!

Use Temptations as your base to see the tourist stuff close by. Also, just enjoy the atmosphere.

Arrange the transportation when you book your trip, then go to Desire for a few days. It is totally different. People are naked. Everyone is very sociable (I wonder why:) 3 or 4 in the afternoon the party starts at the hot tub, and there is almost always something sexual happening. After dinner there is some sort of show or activity. About 11 the nightclub opens and later there is sex in the back room and in the hot tub...plus wherever people drift off to.

You can also use Desire as your base to see the tourist attractions that are near there. You participate at Desire at your comfort level. If you just want to get naked and go to bed early, that's fine. If you want to watch people have sex, that's fine. If you want to have sex and have people watch you, that's fine. If you want to play with a couple that wants to play with you, that's fine. You do what you are comfortable with. As newbies we never felt uncomfortable there. As more experienced swingers, if a couple indicated they weren't ready or weren't interested, we understood completely. It's easy to find couples there who are eager to meet you and play. Anyway, that's my recommendation.

Thanks for the great suggestions! Yeah we are "newbies" and are still in the discussion stages, but are being a lot more open about sexual fantasies and she is being a lot more open about guys she would fuck, which turns me on!

I like the sounds of Desire, like you said as newbies it was not uncomfortable. I think we may have to consider that for a future trip. We just booked our trip to Secrets Meroma in Rivera Maya...it is about 5-10miles south of Desires resort it looks like from the map. This place looks really nice, and gets amazing reviews and it is adults only which we want! I am hoping we may be able to find some other couples or even singles that we could flirt with and maybe if things get really crazy for us, some light touching...for my wife only though. I don't think my wife would be cool with me touching another woman at this point, but maybe she can find a guy or girl to flirt/touch a little bit. Or maybe we could find a couple and she could do stuff with one or both of them and I could play with her. I would even like to see if my wife would be down to have sex in the same room as another couple, if we meet a nice attractive couple.

I don't know what will happen, I believe we are staying at a vanilla resort, so I'm not sure what kind of opportunities this trip will present. I know we will probably be going out into Playa del Carmen or even Cancun, so maybe we would be able to run into some of the swingers staying at Desire or something? We are just going to have to see how we feel I guess when we get down there and then decide if/what we want to do and how far we want to go.

Thanks again for all of the suggestions! That Coco Bongo sounds interesting! Is that a Vegas style show with nudity or is it a dance club, bar?

Coco Bongo: No nudity, very PG. It's hard to describe, but it is a blast. The first time we were there Betelgeuse "flew" over to our balcony and was dancing on top of one of the tables. Mrs. Rex felt obligated to do the same (dance on our table). I had to grab her ankle because it was about 15 feet over the edge to the floor below. Just saying...

Secrets is a first rate resort, but be careful. It is probably not a place to meet playmates. Most people interested in lifestyle activities, even those who are merely curious, are going to be at the handful of resorts where like minded people are likely to be. Such people are about as likely to be at the Sheraton as at Secrets. For instance, we might stay at the Sheraton in Orlando if we go with the kiddos to see the Mouse, but we wouldn't stay there if we wanted to make new friends :) It's possible, but the odds aren't great. Secrets will be great vacation, you can do all of the touristy things, but that may be it. Come to think of it, I think we floated by Secrets on a nude swinger boat trip out of Desire a few years also ago. The boat trip was really fun! Good luck.

Coco Bongo: No nudity, very PG. It's hard to describe, but it is a blast. The first time we were there Betelgeuse "flew" over to our balcony and was dancing on top of one of the tables. Mrs. Rex felt obligated to do the same (dance on our table). I had to grab her ankle because it was about 15 feet over the edge to the floor below. Just saying...

Secrets is a first rate resort, but be careful. It is probably not a place to meet playmates. Most people interested in lifestyle activities, even those who are merely curious, are going to be at the handful of resorts where like minded people are likely to be. Such people are about as likely to be at the Sheraton as at Secrets. For instance, we might stay at the Sheraton in Orlando if we go with the kiddos to see the Mouse, but we wouldn't stay there if we wanted to make new friends :) It's possible, but the odds aren't great. Secrets will be great vacation, you can do all of the touristy things, but that may be it. Come to think of it, I think we floated by Secrets on a nude swinger boat trip out of Desire a few years also ago. The boat trip was really fun! Good luck.

Right on! Sounds like we will be happy with the place we picked! I will mention that Coco Bongo club to my wife, maybe we can make a trip there and check it out, sounds like fun! Yeah I think this trip could just be a "normal vanilla" trip for us, but that is okay, we are newbies and still in the talking phase of the lifestyle. Maybe next time we go to Playa del Carmen I can suggest Desires to her, we will see.

I know for sure that we are going to go back to Las Vegas later this year, and I cannot wait for that to happen again! The last time we went to Olympic Gardens and I bought her a private dance with a male stripper. It got pretty intense! We both loved it! The guy was super respectful to both of us at all times, he always made sure she and I were okay with anything he did to my wife. It lasted about 30mins and to sum it up...she was kissing his neck and he hers, he had her breasts out and was feeling them/kissing them and he also stuck his hand down her pants under her panties and was rubbing her clit for awhile, I felt her when I had a chance and she was super wet! It was so hot to see! She was also stroking his cock, though not to completion. I was also participating with my wife, kissing her and feeling her pussy like I said, and kissing her breasts! We had intense sex the next couple days after that! Can't wait to go back and do it again!