teknurse

Name for non-swingers?

What do you call couples who do not swing?

One group of our swinging friends refer to them as civilians and another refer to them as vanilla.

Ditto Julie - most we know refer to the non-swinging majority as "straight" people.

By contrast, they refer to those of us who do swing as "crooked".

Crooked, therefore is good - very good.

And straight - well, beware, they can be very vicious if they get the least little bit of an inkling that you are crooked!

We refer to them as "straight"......as do most of our friends who swing. As in, "we went to dinner with a few of our straight friends the other night..." It seems to come up that way in conversation. :D

Originally posted by Bluebirds in San Jose

Non Swingers..... might be called "Muggles".

Which of course would make us swingers...... Wizards.

If JK Rowling only knew how we were misusing her words...lol.

Originally posted by wrnakedru

Ditto Julie - most we know refer to the non-swinging majority as "straight" people.

By contrast, they refer to those of us who do swing as "crooked".

Crooked, therefore is good - very good.

And straight - well, beware, they can be very vicious if they get the least little bit of an inkling that you are crooked!

Hmm. Interesting terminology. We usually just say "non-swingers".

Originally posted by teknurse

One group of our swinging friends refer to them as civilians and another refer to them as vanilla.

Our group says "vanillas" too...after we told my sister she was a vanilla, she took to calling us "swirls". :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by windsor4fun

our group says "vanillas" too...after we told my sister she was a vanilla, she took to calling us "swirls". :lol: :lol:

OH I'm :rofl: That is GOOD!

SWIRLS...when I start my swing club that is the name right there.

LMFAO...love it.

Doesn't "straight" have a different connotation, i.e., not bi? How about calling them "old-fashioned" or "losers" since they know not what they are missing by confining the sexual interaction to between husband and wife only. They are indeed losing half the fun of living this life by refusing to enrich the sexual experience by indulging in sexual intercourse with someone other than one's wife/hubby?

If losers sounds too derogatory, old-fashioned will do nicely.

:8-0::

Originally posted by NealnAnji

Doesn't "straight" have a different connotation, i.e., not bi? How about calling them "old-fashioned" or "losers" since they know not what they are missing by confining the sexual interaction to between husband and wife only. They are indeed losing half the fun of living this life by refusing to enrich the sexual experience by indulging in sexual intercourse with someone other than one's wife/hubby?

If losers sounds too derogatory, old-fashioned will do nicely.

:8-0::

It is a matter of perspective. I could have a perfectly monogamous relationship and feel like I am missing nothing. It would depend on the person of course. If she was totally my type and just didn't want to swing then so be it. That wouldn't make us losers.

Some people would say you are missing "half the action" by not being bi-sexual. It may be fun for some, but not for others. I know many very nice couples that would be devastated if their spouse even considered swinging. It would be so traumatic they would probably lose what they have.

It is like anything else. If you like it then it is cool, but not everyone does.

We have lately been using the terms vertical for non-swinging friends and horizontal for swinging friends. Those terms have less stigma associated with them.

The other day, my honey suggested, "We should host a few summer get-togethers soon... one for our good friends, and another for our bad ones..."

Originally posted by teknurse

If we are discussing Non swinging friends with our swinging friends, we pretty much just refer to them as "Non Swinger" friends....