jobillie44

Is 60 too old for swinging?????

So our situation is quite simple. We as a couple are curious about the lifestyle. We have experimented with sensual massages, etc for couples and are ready to take the next step. We both just retired and turned sixty this year. The kids are grown and it is time to play!! We have also just relocated in the Southwest Florida. We are both concerned that sixty is just too old though we have great libidos and are both healthy, fit,and attractive. We have cruised the ads and see ads for people are age. Our questions are where do we start? Do we place an ad? Do we try clubs? Thanks

• Like 2

That's a pretty great introduction. ;)

No, of course you aren't too old. But you knew that, really. Seriously, one of the hottest interactions I've witnessed was between my mid-30s date and a mid-60s woman, so I'm not the only one who would tell you that.

As far as ads vs. clubs, why choose? Do both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

As far as ads vs. clubs, why choose? Do both.

Great idea!

Wife and I both wanted to start with private house party and waited 3 months before we did a club. Looking back we should have done both. We personally enjoy going with a single or couple to the club OR atleast chat with someone(s) new and meet them at the club. Going with no warm up peeps makes us nervous but at same time there isn't any presure that if we don't click with the people we want to meet there...

We have many couples we talk to at the clubs every time and never play with them, just not a click but we still enjoy chatting.

Welcome! As you know there are lots of 60's couples in this lifestyle. A friend of mine, and his wife, retired and moved to Florida just like you have. This was four years ago. They had difficulty finding, and making, new good friends here so they discussed placing an add on SLS (swinglifestyle). Now they had been seduced by another couple when they were much younger so knew what swinging was.

They did make new friends and even went with a group of couples to Fantasy Fest twice during the few years they were swinging. Now the wife has since decided she isn't interested anymore but they still have several of the couples as valuable 'vanilla' friends.

Swinging is a wonderful way for folks our age to make friends and have fun!

No you are definitely not too old! We are both in our 70s now and still very active in the lifestyle. We play mostly with a regular group of six couples all of them from our age group. We all have a lot of fun together both in and out of the bedroom. As others have suggested sign up for SLS and see where it takes you. You have made a decision which will lead to some good times. Best of luck.

• Like 2

Welcome Aboard!! As others have said, never too old. We have seen people of all ages in the lifestyle, and as you point out from your profile searching, you certainly aren't the only ones in that demographic. Clubs vs online both have their advantages, and do a little searching and you should find several threads on that subject. But, the best answer is the one you have already received, just try both and see which one works best for you :)

Welcome Aboard!! As others have said, never too old. We have seen people of all ages in the lifestyle, and as you point out from your profile searching, you certainly aren't the only ones in that demographic. Clubs vs online both have their advantages, and do a little searching and you should find several threads on that subject. But, the best answer is the one you have already received, just try both and see which one works best for you :)

Thanks to everybody who replied. We put our toes in the water by attending an off site lifestyle party in a large city nearby. Everything offered was technically off site but we had a chance to meet and chat with many, many couples of all ages. They were all very engaging and supportive. After a period of adjustment my wife got comfortable and willingly shared her assets with our new friends, which for us was a very sexy step. We had a blast and even engaged in many activities without breaking the rules (though the rules were being bent everywhere around us). I have to admit to we enjoyed the view. For us this was a huge first step and we are thinking through our next adventure.

thanks for the update, and good for you two! We love to hear people come back and relate a great experience. Always nice to hear positivity from other swingers just getting started, and it kind of lets all of us relive that first time a little bit too I think :)

oooohhh, the *next* adventure:) Sounds like you had a great time and are thinking of the next steps...that's great for you!

For us this was a huge first step and we are thinking through our next adventure.

So glad you had such a lovely first experience! I think you'll find the majority of swingers you meet will be both engaging and supportive.

Clearly, you weren't at all too old. ;)

As stated, 60 is not too old. If sexually is on the mind, go for it. Might learn new tricks. (wish I could join you)

If you travel to Las Vegas Please contact us! We would enjoy meeting you! We're a couple 60+ still active in the lifestyle[just move a little slower] and as you probably already know, "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" We've gone to the Red Rooster quite a few times and have found everyone there very friendly and we've always had a great time, although that "first time" we were just a tad apprehensive until we got through the door, we've also had some really fun times at Swinger's Oasis, which is a much smaller, intimate setting.

Age is only a number and the "Little Blue Pill" helps!

Xfuncpl

• Like 1

Finally! A couple in our age group! We've found it to be a bit of a challenge finding couples our own age and we live in Las Vegas! We've had a few very exciting encounters though it's rare that we find another couple as uninhibited as we are. Isn't it refreshing to party with another couple that actually knows who Aretha Franklin is?

Nice to know you're out there we thought we were the only ones left! Have Fun! Stay Safe

Xfuncpl

I only wish we could have retired and started at 60, never to late, keep it up!

Finally! A couple in our age group! ... Isn't it refreshing to party with another couple that actually knows who Aretha Franklin is?

Nice to know you're out there we thought we were the only ones left!Xfuncpl

Had to smile at the Aretha Franklin reference. We are the couple in the next car over belting out out (off key and off gender) versions of "I say a little prayer for you" and R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

"Together, forever, that's how it must be...To live without you...Would only mean heartbreak for me."

Keep living. Keep loving.

• Like 1

We started this thread two years. To some extent we have found our niche. We find ourselves more at home with small house parties with maybe 2 to 4 other couples. We did recently go to the Calient Resort near Tampa. Wow....it added a whole new dimension to our life.

• Like 2

We started this thread two years. To some extent we have found our niche. We find ourselves more at home with small house parties with maybe 2 to 4 other couples. We did recently go to the Calient Resort near Tampa. Wow....it added a whole new dimension to our life.

Wonderful! Welcome to the Society of Senior Swingers.

• Like 1

Now THAT'S the kind of follow up we like to see. :)

Thanks for sharing what works for you. We're glad you've found your niche, and are having fun with it.

You have found your niche...congratlations

Seems like we wrote the note ten years ago! We took the plunge with another couple who has mentored us though the beginning times. We started with them and then have met other couples through them. We even got up the nerve To host a house with three other couples. So far so good.