n8ma

Best way to find people? Craigslist?

Interested in the lifestyle, but I am noticing craigslist isn't the best way to get into it. Any advice?

I suggest you try clubs in your area and online lifestyle sites. You really need to have a good long talk first and make sure you both know your desires and expectations of each other. Then go out and explore together. There is no problem with going to a club to mingle and talk. No play required. i would avoid Craigslist as what you will find there is probably not what you are looking for. I have seen far too many bad experiences that stemmed from a Craigslist ad.

There's actually a great thread somewhere about using CL to your advantage and it's certainly an option. There are also a fairly large number of on-line hook up sites like Swing Lifestyle, many of which can be accessed by using the Swinger Ads tab at the top of this page. My personal favorite option is clubs, but you may find it's not for the two of you. Still, it's always worth a visit if there is a good on-premise club in your area. Also, I would check out Meet & Greets, which is a great place to meet local swingers or people who might someday swing.

Good luck!

:welcome1:

Glad to have you here with us! The advice you have received above is right on the money, so I won't repeat it other than to mention that we have a forum here called Finding People Online dedicated to the subject of using the internet to find potential playmates, so you might want to check that out.

Glad you've joined us. Are you and your spouse investigating the The Lifestyle together? Be sure that he or she has a chance to look in here too. Plenty of good information.

~Michael

Welcome! We've met people through online ads, swing clubs and meet and greets. I think swing clubs and meet and greets are best, especially for couples just starting out.

How do you go about finding these on-premises clubs and the meet and greets? What exactly are those?

Signing up on swinglifestyle will provide you with events in your area. Often the clubs post their events there too. Once you make some friends, word of mouth is good too:)

A Meet n Greet is a get together, sometimes at a vanilla venue, where groups of swingers gather to get to know one another, make friends, and find possible connections. Not usually a place to play, but good for getting yourselves out there to be seen and to see others interested in the lifestyle.

THANK YOU for that information. It really sounds like a meet and greet is exactly what we need. Just to meet people and get comfortable. We've never been to any kind of party so how I imagine they are is a bit intimidating. I'm sure my imagination isn't even close to the reality, but nevertheless, intimidating. We also aren't into big, loud dance clubs etc. so are hoping to find a gathering a little more laid back.

We are really looking forward to meeting people for fun, but also making some new great friends. If there are any meet and greets in our area, New Hampshire and around, please consider inviting us, we'd love to go!

Thanks again! :-)

with so many sites online these days, the question is deciding which one to pay for..... over the years we've paid quite a few memberships, only to realize the site just doesn't work for us. Is there anything like website reviews online ?