JustAskJulie

How many swinger sites do you belong to?

How many ads sites do you post your ad on?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. How many ads sites do you post your ad on?

• Just one! I have a favorite and I stick with them cuz they are the best!
    • As many as I can find, I'm trying to increase my odds of finding good matches.
    • None, I don't do ads - or I just reply to everyone else's

What's your take on posting ads? Do you stick to just one personal ads site, post your ad and hope for the best? Or do you spread yourself around and post on as many sites as possible figuring that not everyone finds the same sites and you'll have better luck the more you post?

We have a couple ads out there, but we favor SLS. It seems to be the best organized site. There are a few sites that are new, but we get tired of all the pop ups (even with our pop-up killer).

I don't advertise anymore at all. I found that most of the people that respond are either from another continent or gay guys.

We are trying just one right now and so far havent had much luck I think that it may be we are looking for soft swing and there just doesn't seem to be anybody :(

I have ads on SLS.com and Swappernet and on Swingfriends. I've just recently joined SF.com because I had the good fortune to meet a few of the people that frequent that site. I am a paid member of that site as well as SLS. I have not checked on swappernet or playfulswingers.com in many weeks after initially putting ads on them. So I think I'll just stick with the two I like the best SLS and SF.com. If someone responds to the other ads, I'll probably never know about it. LOL.

We have a paid membership to SLS and Swappernet, but have tried most of those that are out there. These two are the only ones that had enough people in my area to entice me to pay a fee.

We only have the SLS one, and there's been some response, but I think the clubs would work better if I could lose the shyness

:rolleyes:

Oh my goodness, we have a few out there. I really think that I should spend sometime cancelling some of those ads that we placed a couple of years ago. They no longer get response and I would say that the info hasn't been updated very regularly :o . I will most definitely keep SLS, on most other sites once your "free trial period" has expired your ad seems to disappear.

Annette

Originally posted by Flori_DAMAN

Soft swinging is something that most swinging couples avoid. They are usually into it for the really intense stuff.

Wonder why that is? It sounds appealing to me. I'd like to keep the intense stuff is for my hubby.

We have a paid membership on sls and have had some interest. The other sites don't seem as user friendly. Still hangin' in there!

Originally posted by twopeople2

Wonder why that is? It sounds appealing to me. I'd like to keep the intense stuff is for my hubby.

We have a paid membership on sls and have had some interest. The other sites don't seem as user friendly. Still hangin' in there!

I think it is due to HBO. Real sex. The new wave. It has nothing to do with the fact that watching your spouse make out and get nekked and haver oral and or manual stimulation with another isn't exciting, cuz it sure is.

Can't answer the poll question... the answer options do not fit. We have had ads on several sites. The best for us were the one on this site (a couple of iterations ago), and sexyads, though this one seemed never to be maintained and we no longer use it. The best is now SLS. We found a large variety of ages, interests, and the free membership is very flexible.

We are paid members on Swappernet and non-paying on SLS. Doesn't bother us that we can't view nude pics....if we connect then they will send them anyway.

Rhonda

(Hey Julie .....back for a bit...summer is flying by)

:) We are still considered ourselves new to the lifestyle, so we were wondering to how many swinger sites do you belong to? Is more better to get the responses you need to get. We currently belong to three but we hardly get any mail. We belong to one site since last February 2003 and failed to connect with any couples. For the most part it has been singles who can read our ad. The other other two sites we have recently joined in January of this year. We also wanted to know how often do you check or go into this sites, daily, weekly etc. We have been going at it on a daily basis but it gets so tired and boring when nothing happens. We Welcome your comments on this topic.

I am a single, but I'm only a member of one site, swappernet and I know there are plenty of nice couples whom really meet there.

We have experimented with other sites and find this forum the best to learn on and SLS to meet people on. I suggest that one take the time to investigate every site before they pay for the service. You will learn in time, which one is the best. Have fun playing kids!!!!:fun:

I used to belong to four:

Club Duet...great instant message system and you can tell the disposition of emails you have sent, such as if its been read or deleted without being opened

Swing Village...great when I was traveling the Midwest with Ameritech, not so useful since most are in Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota, which is out of my traveling radius

Swing Lifestyle...nice setup, but no one really interested in a single straight man from the southwest Michigan or northwest Indiana area

Swappernet...caught up with some old "friends" that I knew from the Army, but again, no one in my area was interested in a STRAIGHT single man.

I've have an ad on Amateur Match, Eroticy, Adult Friend Finder, and Swinger Match that haven't been deleted yet. Maybe its just because I'm a single man, but all I received were teaser mails on those sites, so I stopped paying and haven't taken the time to remove my profiles.

I'm a member of 3 sites currently : SLS, Bisexualplayground.com, and Swingersdateclub.com

I've joined others in the past, but decided to stick with these three. The reason I chose these were because of either great message boards (like this one!) or because of the extensive profile set-up.

Also, it's difficult to determine long-term success with the websites. I've found that many members will only look at the new/updated member profiles. Which is fairly understandable because if you take the time to do a search for whom you'll be compatible, then the only additional folks you'll meet are the new members. So for the first few days/weeks of joining, you'll receive a flood of emails, then .... nothing.

Oh, and I'll usually check my messages every few days, just like my regular home email. The great ones are the kind that notify you via email if you have a message. Therefore, you won't waste your time going just to check.

This is a really good question and I'm also very interested in everyone's answers.

We just signed up to our first site (swappernet) on Monday evening so we are new to the whole on line experience. We're actually still working on getting our pictures taken and posted to our profile. So far we have recieved 36 emails in 2 days...without pictures posted....and I have blocked emails from single men (sorry guys dont want to offend but its our choice) so that we wouldn't be completely inundated.

It seems to me....and maybe 2 days is not enough time to judge....that actually reading all the emails and profiles and then replying is going to be somewhat...okay very...time consuming.

So good question...does it make sense to be on more than one site...do you meet that many different people....or is it the same set of folks just on a different site?

Another question I have is that we are in an area where there are several clubs which makes it easy to go out and meet people in person. Are there folks out there on these on line sites that do not or would not go to clubs if you could? This sounds like it would be a good poll...how would you rather meet people, on line site or swing club....

Thanks, Mrs DandS

No, seriously, just the two, with an occasional browse elsewhere to see what the 'competition' is offering.

We really only use SLS but we still have a profile on AFF that I've just never gotten around to deleting (free member). Ontario Couples and SexyAds would bring it up to four.

We've tried different sites over time and still think that SLS is the way to go. It is possible that we've got old profiles out there somewhere and I just cant recall, but if that is the case the site isn't really working for us if I can easily forget.

I visit SLS a couple times a week, AFF a couple times a month and the others when there is mail waiting.

Annette

Our main site is SLS, however we have opened profiles on several other sites. It seems though that SLS really is the best. How often I check just depends on how often I'm online, etc. Sometimes it's daily, sometimes not for a week or more.

And you're right, it does suck when things are slow :(

:) Thanks for all your responses. It does help to see from different perspective. However our experience with SLS sucked :( like we said before we joined back in Feb of 2003 with photos and a decent profile but we really haven't got much out of it. For a period we paid for it but realized that it didn't add anymore e-mails.

Shykitty770, it was interesting you pointed out that the great sites notify you of when you get e-mails if you get messages can you please let us know which are these great ones? It appears to be very convenient instead of logging in each site every time.

Dand's we are so jealous of you :mad: 36 e-mails in two days and no photos!!! How did you all do that:confused: We joined Swappernet a couple months with photos right away and we only got a couple e-mails which did not pan out at all. So far no e-mails. To answer your question we have been going to clubs too for a couple years but is not easy to meet people there either unless you are really outgoing and you'll find that people go in groups or already attached to other couples, but we still go because if nothing else we have a good time. We rather met people at the clubs than at the website but we haven't had any luck in that department either :(

Highway Sexy,

BiSexualPlayground.com is the site that has the email notification and an extensive profile questionnaire. What's great about the email notification is that it tells you who the message is from. Great for when you're hoping for a response from a certain someone(s).

Good luck!

Highway Sexy,

I'm not sure why so many emails since I didn't really put that much thought or creativity into the profile. Maybe it is because we are new...or its our location, just look how many Ohioans post on this board!

I think I'm going to go start a poll...never tried that before.

I think we need to move to Ohio, that's probably where the action is! Here in Maryland it's not that way. Anyway, I'm sure once you post your pictures you even do better. best wishes to you guys :D

I don't think we will join bi-sexual playground since neither of us are bisexual. This is one thing that irks us about the lifestyle is about the bisexual part. We are both straight and we are strictly looking for couples in a heterosexual way. We believe that's what the lifestyle is all about and not about bisexuality which is a turn off for the male in this case.:nono:

I'm a member of Swappernet.com, and it has served me very well. I've met nice couples from various different places around the country on that site. It's the only site I've paid to join.

I belong to 3 swinger sites... Manager of one, Assistant Manager on another, and a participant on this one.

We tend not to join club related sites that offer chat rooms and such. They tend to be business and personal politics oriented more so than facilitatiing swinger endeavours.

I think at one time or another we've posted ads on all the big ones, swappernet, AFF, alt.com, and a few rinky dinkers that looked interesting. All were free accounts and have long since been abandoned. We only use SLS now and we really like it. It also has the email notification that tells you who the email is from and you can even set it to include the message. We stick with it not only because we've had luck with it, but because the people there seem more real.

just one . . . but so far in 3 weeks of being a member have already meet up with one couple and one single guy, and talked to another couple (hopeing to meet soon) I'm on there every day and so far am very happy with it :)

We have three. The first ad we ever placed was on AFF, which we have now let our silver membership lapse, and I don't think we'll renew it. In fact we will probably pull our profile from there altogether.

Then we placed on on Swappernet, which has been pretty good.

Then we found SLS. Which has been the best to-date. We have met a genuine couple we have played with there, and several others that could be good possibilities in the future.

We have one - but not because we really love the site we are on... Mostly it is just because we don't put a lot of priority on the internet.

It has been a decent source for meeting folks.

I voted for the #2 choice "as many as I can..." although this is not true.

We are on three sites: SLS, SV, AFF.

I am not searching for anymore sites. There is plenty to handle.

We are on three sites, but are looking to find our favorite.

How do you know you like something until you give it a shot? ;) (We just joined SLS and like it so far!)

Mrs. 2play

We are only on one, We have met a few people through it but we have pretty much decided that meeting people through the internet sights just isn't our thing.

We are lifetime members on SLS and Swappernet. We have met couples on the sites, but we also like looking at the pictures and reading the profiles. :D

We are on SLS and AFF (under a different handle). Paid at both. We have met nice people from both - not that anything has worked out yet. We are a bit older than most and tend to be cautious and selective. We have tried SwapperNet unpaid. The contacts are not as promising as on the other two.

We have ads on at aleast a dozen websites at one time or another, but there are only three that we use to any great extent: SLS (our favorite), Club Lifestyles and Lifestyle Lounge. We have also recently joined Club ForePlay.

We started out using Swappernet, but aren't on it any longer. We have ads on Bay Couples, SLS, and SDC We only visit Baycouples and SLS when we get new mail on that site, but are on SDC every day. In our area, SDC sponsors monthly parties that we attend, and they are so awesome. We have met a lot of people from SDC.

We are on a couple different sites, but SLS is our favorite. I guess it will always be a "special" site for us, as it provided our first hookup with a couple we are great friends with now.

None of the available answers applies to us. We have ads on 3 sites (I think) so it isn't just one, nor is it as many as I can find. It is somewhere in the middle.

I our experience, different sites appeal to different folks. We are just trying to make the best of the opportunities.

I voted "just one"... which was the answer that most closely resembled my situation. I have a few ads up, but I only pay for Swappernet. I used to pay, but now just have a free profile on SLS. I got a free lifetime membership for being an early signer-upper on a third site... which doesn't do me much good since I can't even remember the name of it!

Two for us.

We first tried SLS and now are Lifetime members - it's the best value out there but not the best site in our opinion. SLS does have some neat, unique features like allowing members to list their intent to attend club events so you can see who is going and maybe hookup.

Our favorite is APG (altplayground.net). No free members equals less BS. The admin staff is more responsive. They also sponsor/host parties regularly. The user interface is much nicer too but APG costs a lot more than SLS.

We've tried most of the other sites mentioned here and none have worked anywhere near as well as SLS and APG for us.