DigginIt

Words you get tired of hearing in the lifestyle

Is it me or does it seem that everyone in the lifestyle has to use the word "yummy" for answering everything sexual. After three years, I'm really amazed at it's repeated use as a universal answer. Is there not a better answer to my questions besides "Mmmmm, sounds yummy?"

I guess I should be flattered but every couple we know in the lifestyle seems to use this word relentlessly.

Are there words out there that just seem to make you cringe through overuse?

In France all alcohol adverts by law have to have the words "à consomer avec modération" or "to be consumed in moderation".

Every man and his tog has turned the phrase around "à consomer sans moderation"

On swinger websites when people leave commentaries on profiles this phrase has become such a cliché

I personally hate the word play. Playing is something my kid does. Call it what it is f@cking, exploring, enjoying...but play....no way. It total makes me cringe.

That is exactly what we said, it makes it sound like something we can't LIVE without, and for us anyway, that's not the case. It's fun and all, but it isn't my LIFE.

"off the hook" and "whatever happens happens" (when said as far as whether they play or not).

I consider this kind of like a pet peeve when the profile says "disease free" because I have yet to read one that said they have a disease that they can't wait to share with you.

Are there words out there that just seem to make you cringe through overuse?

The word tongue. When I see a phrase like, "he has a very talented tongue," I take it as a big hint he needs to use it to compensate a lack of penis talent. Anyway, few seem to know show to spell the word. I've seen tung, tong, tunge, etc., etc.

I consider this kind of like a pet peeve when the profile says "disease free" because I have yet to read one that said they have a disease that they can't wait to share with you.

Yes, I see 100% d&d free all the time. I would bet $100 they've never been tested for hsv or hpv (and there's no good way to test for hpv in men).

Damn, we love to play. because it sure as hell ain't work!

"Vanilla". It seems to be used a LOT at the club I attend and on the clubs online forum, and it really rubs me the wrong way because it's usually being used in a derogatory manner.

I have seen a few where the people are up front that they have herpes. And I am very appreciative of that!

The word tongue. When I see a phrase like, "he has a very talented tongue," I take it as a big hint he needs to use it to compensate a lack of penis talent. Anyway, few seem to know show to spell the word. I've seen tung, tong, tunge, etc., etc.

LOL, I must be lucky, as hubby gives me both! But for the record, I'll take the talented tongue over the louisville slugger anyday. I'm thinking many girls would agree with me, or there wouldn't be so many of us that like girl play,lol.

HWP!!!! Let's forget that I've seen those three letters to describe everything in body shape from crack-ho to humpty dumpty, if you're super fit and want others just like you, just say it like that. Otherwise I might assume you're looking for, Hot White Protestants, Huge Wide Pricks or maybe even Hung Wet Ponies.

There are a lot of over-used words, and too many to mention, but none that really bother me.

I guess it just bothers me when they describe themselves and they aren't that way at all. (drama-free, single male, single female, etc...)

I find it INCREDIBLY annoying when people say swinging "isn't their lifestyle, they don't need to do it." I don't care whether or not you treat it as a hobby or as a job, are you available this Friday or not? :-D

LOL, I must be lucky, as hubby gives me both! But for the record, I'll take the talented tongue over the louisville slugger anyday. I'm thinking many girls would agree with me, or there wouldn't be so many of us that like girl play,lol.

HWP!!!! Let's forget that I've seen those three letters to describe everything in body shape from crack-ho to humpty dumpty, if you're super fit and want others just like you, just say it like that. Otherwise I might assume you're looking for, Hot White Protestants, Huge Wide Pricks or maybe even Hung Wet Ponies.

HWP=Height, Weight proportional.. "could be" 3 ft 4 inches tall, 47 lbs..

Play is one of the words we like :lol: And I often refer to couples we have fucked as playmates or play friends. What other word would you use......fuck friends? :rollseye: .......swing friends?......we've got alot of swing friends that we haven't fucked :cool: "Play" just seems a more respectful word to use.

The word(s) that I roll my eyes at in a profile is "no pain". What the heck is that......don't tweak my nipple to hard or something? :confused:.....don't bang my pussy too hard.......don't pull my hair during doggy :hahaha: All of our years playing we've never encountered the pain thing when playing.

Brett

height weight proportional, WTF is that? Your ass is as wide as you are tall? you fit some chart that no real person can be? Those words will turn me off a profile faster than any thing.

Also some one who says "must do this, must do that"

Ads with 420 friendly irritate me. Nothing like publicly saying you smoke a controlled substance.

I don't care what people do in their own homes. But I don't want to take a risk in being in their home or with them should they be arrested.

It might sound silly but I know law enforcement scan the internet and i don't need legal issues.

"Vanilla". It seems to be used a LOT at the club I attend and on the clubs online forum, and it really rubs me the wrong way because it's usually being used in a derogatory manner.

I can see that. I think that is one of those words that many of us don't think of as a pejorative term, but is most certainly used as one by others.

I will happily align myself with all those who dislike the word "cum." Yech. It's an ugly, stupid way to write a lovely word with multiple meanings. I have to be pretty interested in someone to not wince and slowly glide away if I see it.

I'll probably acquire my own group of haters with this one, but I really don't like the word "hubby." I'm sorry, but I do not like it. It always sounds like a nickname you'd use for someone small and tubby and not very bright.

I'll probably acquire my own group of haters with this one, but I really don't like the word "hubby." I'm sorry, but I do not like it. It always sounds like a nickname you'd use for someone small and tubby and not very bright.

What if that does describe our hubbies?? lol jk. My husband is not small, I wouldn't describe him as "tubby" even if he does have a few extra pounds, and he is rather intelligent. :D I like hubby because it is easier to type out than husband without actually using his name. Not sure why I don't just use his name all the time, but I guess I feel like if I did that people wouldn't necessarily know who I was talking about since I have multiple men in my life sometimes.

I don't like "hubs" though, so I totally see where you're coming from. :)

90% of profiles say "we are a fun loving, open minded couple looking to expand our horizons" or some variant thereof. I'm tempted to make a profile with the pseudonym "curmudgeon", and start it off with "We are a funphobic, closed minded couple who don't give a rat's backside about 'horizons'"

:)

90% of profiles say "we are a fun loving, open minded couple looking to expand our horizons" or some variant thereof. I'm tempted to make a profile with the pseudonym "curmudgeon", and start it off with "We are a funphobic, closed minded couple who don't give a rat's backside about 'horizons'"

:)

You'd probably get a lot of responses if you did. When I see profiles that start off with some sort of making fun of the general status quo, they are the ones that make me smile and make want to respond.

Some of us are not super sophisticated, so we use what ever we think of at that time. Maybe the word police should read anything before we say it in print. I'm just saying. And to risk the wrath of some. LOL People ,laugh at yourself now and then, life is supposed to be fun.

Enjoy each other , in spite of our short comings.

Sara

Have to agree with this - my wife got into the habit of calling me that for a while and it's the only fight we had in 10 years. Ditto for men who call their wives "the wife"

Also have to add "We're a fun couple" well that's kind fo relative isn't it, kind of like attractive.

Some of us are not super sophisticated, so we use what ever we think of at that time. Maybe the word police should read anything before we say it in print. I'm just saying. And to risk the wrath of some. LOL People ,laugh at yourself now and then, life is supposed to be fun.

Enjoy each other , in spite of our short comings.

Sara

I think you're missing the point here. The thread isn't about people who aren't as good at articulating in text as others, it's about "buzzwords" that irritate you.

As to the OP, let's see.

Cum: I've never liked this word, even before I was in the lifestyle. Trouble is, there's no real useful synonym when you're about to, umm, cum. "Oh baby, I'm about to have an orgasm that involves ejaculation!"... Yeah, not very practical. :)

HWP: This one drives me insane. I never respond to these because I have absolutely no idea what you're looking for, and I am pretty sure you don't either. This to me is a cop out phrase and really describes nothing at all and it also feels a bit "elitist". "We prefer people who are not overweight" is a phrase that leaves much less question as to what you mean. "If you wouldn't be considered for an Abercrombie and Fitch photo shoot, we won't consider you" would be even more descriptive.

DD free: Okay, look. This is going to filter out very few actual inquiries. OBVIOUSLY you don't want to fuck someone with a VD. Truth is, it's up to you to look before you lick. This is part of the reason why we don't like to play in the dark, but anyway it's a useless phrase.

Drama or Drama Free: sigh.....

NSA: See Drama.