So we went out and met this couple last night at a bar. We really clicked with the girl - she was super sweet and funny and cute. But her boyfriend got sloppy drunk and was EXTREMELY forward and rude and even braggy. I'm all for honesty, but within 15 minutes of meeting them he was asking very personal questions. I also felt like the conversation totally centered around him and what he wanted, when the original plan was for it to just be the girls playing this time while the guys watched. He kept asking me (the female in our couple) personal questions, while at times completely ignoring my bf and his gf.

We ended up leaving without going home with them and I'm really glad about that. It seemed that in his state things would have ended up going badly. It's just unfortunate that we clicked so well with her when her boyfriend was so rude and off-putting. I'm wondering the best way to tell her that we really liked her but that things probably won't work out because of her boyfriend... Maybe we can try to meet again without the drinking?

In any case, we learned a lot and my boyfriend (who was a little nervous to begin with) feels a lot more comfortable with the prospect of swinging. We'll keep looking for a better fit. I'm so glad to have found this community of supportive and helpful people :)

1. Alcohol

2. Going outside of agreed bounds

3. Acting ignorant

That would be enough in any game of baseball to call him out on strikes. Anyway, swing lifestyle is not a game. It's simply an activity to be enjoyed. There are better people waiting for you, I'm sure.

Thank you, I agree. It is unfortunate, but we don't want to latch onto the first people we meet, especially since he was so abrasive.

It's hard when people get sloppy drunk. On the one hand, he might be perfectly charming sober. If you can keep him that way, that is.

On the other, in vino veritas...

SW_PA_Couple is right: plenty of fish in the sea.

I think we would have entertained the idea of meeting again, but with a firm understanding that we are not excess-alcohol friendly. We would have only given it one more shot, though.

The White Man's poison water makes smart people stupid.

Alura

I would either do what Alura suggested or if you decide to just count them out completey, no explanations needed. Just tell them the age old "we aren't compatible" and leave it at that.

You will find that this is one of the most frustrating parts of swinging; that is, you'll really like one member of a couple, but not the other. Making a four-way match is difficult.

We personally would pass on a follow-up meeting. Our belief is that almost everyone wants to make a good first impression, and if that is the best he can do the first time he meets you, then how's he going to act when he starts getting comfortable around the two of you?

Best of luck as the two of you move forward!

We would meet them again, but only if we came upon them at a party.

I can understand if maybe the boyfriend was nervous and drank too much to overcompensate. The only thing though is I dont fall for the cover story of people acting completely out of character when drunk. I think it just removes inhibitions, not completely changing how they want to act.

4 way matches are tough at times, and you will find that you get along well with one person and find nothing with the other fairly often.

The last couple we met at a restaurant was that way. We chatted with the wife for a good 2 hours beforehand, really hit it off well. Her hubby though was a total dud, and since they only played together, it was a no go.

I agree with you MN_Tom. When we first got there he wasn't completely bombed and he was still quite abrasive. So far I have not heard back from them, so maybe it will work itself out and we won't have to do the awkward "We're not compatible."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Spoomonkey
      We received a PM today from a single guy. There were a couple of reasons why we weren't compatible, but the biggest reason was probably a little weird.

He stated that he worked at the local video store. Normally, where a guy works isn't the first thing he puts in his PM, but in this case, he did - and to be honest, we rent there all the time...

We'd hate to think that renting would be awkward if we hooked up - or worse, if we didn't. I mean - are we going to suddenly stop getting coupons in the mail? Are the "rent two - get one free" deals going to suddenly cease? Will we ALWAYS get the DVD that has been dog chewed and left in the heat?

Swinging is fun, but the idea of ruining my peace of mind while renting a flick just isn't appealing.

So - what are the weirdest reasons you've ever said "no"?

Granted, any reason is a good reason. After all "no means no" regardless of why you say it. But how many "left field" no's do we have floating around out there?

Spoomonkey
    • By njbm
      We usually just say we are not a match. So as to not hurt anyone’s feelings. We’ve received quite a few of their husband would do our wife, but their wife is not interested in our husband. Ouch!

Lately, some people just don’t respond. I used to think this was rude, but it hurts less than a rejection. Thoughts? Can’t be a snowflake in swinging?
    • By samandtammi
      I have been in the lifestyle for many years and with all of these nights out comes a lot of drinking.  We go to a swing club at least 3 nights every week, so that adds up to a lot of drinking.  I decided recently that I would like to try to stop drinking,  Join the One Year No Beer Challenge (but I drink whiskey).  It has only been one week so far and the nights at the club were not great.  We did not go back to the playroom so that I have not tried to do yet!  I can already see and feel the benefits of no alcohol and would like to stick with it.

Has anyone tried swinging sober?
    • By jr555666
      My wife, Wendy and I have experimented in swinging in the past by inviting a friend to join us in bed on several occasions.

This Saturday Wendy and I were at a pool opening party and she had a bit too much to drink and too much sun. We were at her boss' house and he directed us to a room where I could lay Wendy down for a bit. He had hit on Wendy in the past but wasn't a total jerk or anything, he was nice enough to help me get her in bed, but I noticed he was also taking this chance to feel her. Wendy was nearly asleep/out and I should have just said "Ok, I can take it from here".

I don't know what came over me but when he put his fingers at at the hook/clasp of her bikini top between her breasts and looked at me, I just nodded and he looked back to her for a sign of her noticing. Her eyes were closed and I just kind of stood there as he slowly undid it and very gently pulled her top apart and to the side so she was topless. He felt each breast gently and then softly kissed each nipple. Then he stopped and said thanks, you have no idea how long I've wanted to see and touch your wife's breasts. Then he left.

I'm not sure what to tell Wendy or what I should do. I feel I let her down, which I know I did, but I'm not sure what step to take now?
    • By Diamond06
      I need some opinions...

I got a job waitressing at a pretty upscale restaurant, and me and my fiance' decided to have a threesome with my male manager. We engaged in some pretty hardcore sex on a few occasions but it was always know that I would NEVER do anything without my fiance'...

Well I guess my boss thought I was a whore anyways, and tried to get my to suck he dick in the office after work. And when I turned him down he still continued to grab at my pants button and trying to kiss at me. So I told him that if he continued to fuck with me, he would no longer have a dick for me to suck.

Well,the next day, I went into work, and one of the other managers said that I was fired. When I asked why she said it's because my male manager said that my cash outs were over fifty bucks short last night. o I had to leave.

Should I fight it? I mean I wouldn't want the job now, I can get another one, but it's just the principle. Right?