PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a hotel/suite

hppycpleus
10-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Wife and I are wanting to host our own small group (say 8-12 people). We would love to host in our own house but it's small for just the two of us! Anyways, we're wondering if anyone has any suggestions on hotels or suites that we would be comfortable in. Also, just how we'd go about this. Do we just make reservations and hope they dont get suspicious? Finally, if anyone is aware of swinger friendly hotels in the Mid-Michigan/West Michigan area that would be great!

As far as what type of room we were hoping for, maybe something with a dinette, possibly an adjoining small room, large bathroom. Looking forward to the comments!

Thanks
Hppycpleus

LagniappeDC
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
Take a look at the Residence Inn, some have good floor plans that will work for a party. Not familiar in your area, but I'm sure a bit of research will turn up some options. If you have a Kimpton Hotel in your area, they are a nice mix between price and quality (and some great suites). Another option is booking a string of adjoining rooms.

In terms of the staff, just book for the 2 of you and don't stress. As long as your couples filter in, the staff could care less. Biggest issue will be level of noise and guest complaints. We try to request a room at the end of the hall as far from elevator as possible.

two4youinswva
10-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Are there vacation cabin rentals in your area? I know they are all over the place around here, and are perfect for weekend groups that want to have a little fun without disturbing others.

The ones we are familiar with range from the bare essentials to fully stocked with everything except groceries.

Here's a starting point for your search. (http://www.michigan.org/Places-to-Stay/Cabins-and-Cottages/Default.aspx?city=G3233) :)

exploringRM
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
We've only done one hotel party, for a friend's birthday. It was a suites type hotel (I forget the name), two bedrooms, a LR and small kitchen. It worked out well, though the noise from people arriving and the door opening disturbed the guests across the hall and they complained to us. (Thought there was alot of lobby noise too filtering up). So at that point it became a quiet party, lol.

One issue with the hotel was that no one could get in without the room key via the outside door so we had to let guests in as they arrived. The residence inns look nice as they seem to be a bit more separate.

I looked into renting a house but most wanted a full weekend stay which became cost prohibitive. Also looked into cabins but many were small and/or too far away. Another site for looking for rentals is VRBO is Vacation Rentals By Owner (http://www.vbro.com)

ALilOEverything
10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
The Courtyard by Marriot downtown Grand Rapids (45 minutes from you) has great suites and always has noisy parties going on during the weekends being that it's across the street from a busy nightclub and the rest of the downtown nightlife. The last time we went many rooms down the hall were booked with bachelorette parties, one right after another. They are used to people dressed all sexy walking in the front door so no one should feel uncomfy walking in.

luvitall
10-11-2011, 03:52 AM
The Courtyard in G.R Mich IS a Kewl Place alright!!! But none we know of in the Kalamazoo area,(Other than "House Parties" etc.-IF Invited)..Anyone know of others in the S.W. Michigan Area????

Hagar
10-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Also Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites and some Hampton Inns Have Nice suites with adjoinind Rooms. You can go on line and see the floor plans. Many Homewood Suites havs individual entrances.

NYFlirts
12-16-2013, 02:20 AM
Looking into this info since we want to have a party for 10 - 14 couples, but not at our house.

Mostly worried about making too much noise and getting kicked out.