Has anyone joined Kasidie yet? I like to get you guys opinions on potential sponsors (I'm currently trying them out). I hadn't looked at them since they set up their personals site (which has evidently been up for about a year) but a local swinger friend of mine mentioned them and seemed to really like them, so I took a look and found that pretty much all of our local friends are on there. From what she says it's like Facebook for swingers as far as the profiles go. I have to say I haven't played on there much myself yet, so I have no clue, but I'd love to get your opinion on whether or not you think they will fly. According to a recent press release (that I'm sure was released by them, so who knows) they are the 3rd largest swinger site now (behind Swing Lifestyle & SDC) and did that in a year?

So what are your thoughts? Have you joined? Did you pay for it? Is it worth it? Can you do anything on there for free or do you have to pay?

We joined as a free member, but there was NO ONE from this neck of the woods on it, so I cancelled our membership a month ago. I like reading the online magazine though.

We have been on there for about a year. So far it's the

best site we have found

What features/benefits make it your favorite?

We have been on since August 2010. We have used SDC as our primary, but for travel were also on LL. We dropped SLS as just too lousy for our area.

Of these, Kasidie has the best layout but the membership in our area is thin. That said, we have met a few and it is picking up fast - particularly with folks visiting our area. We are giving it more time, and it is also good for travel. We will be dropping our LL membership - SDC and Kasidie will be the only 2 we use.

We love Kasidie! It is a very user friendly site. Lots of links and info about local parties and meet and greets in our area. We are fortunate because Colorado is one of the states that has a lot of members on Kasidie.

We joined as a free member, but there was NO ONE from this neck of the the woods on it, so I canceled our membership a month ago. I like reading the online magazine though.

Yeah, we signed up as well; there was almost no one from Toronto on there at all when we first signed up. There is a slowly increasing number of people from around Ontario on there now, but it's still tiny. I like the site, but we haven't met anyone from there at all. I wouldn't pay for it until there was enough to make it worthwhile.

There does seem to be large concentrations of people in some areas of the US though.

I've heard a lot of good stories about kasidie. My wife and I tried out the site and found it to be very user-friendly, streamlined, and contained great functions overall. I would say its been the best-designed site we have tried, but found that the membership for potential couples in our area severely lacking. This would be our number 1 site if it had a bigger population base in this area.

Best lifestyle site BY FAR! Yes there is thin membership in some areas but people go where people go. The site has great features such as a Facebook wall, who's viewing me page, several layers of photo security, rendezvous, excellent security and none of that annoying LL paranoia. I swear those guys think they own the relationships we make on their site and prohibit any outside email contact or referral to other sites. There is none of that childish paranoia on kasidie. (I have no financial interest whatsoever in their company)

We do still use SLS too but we're dumping LL when our membership expires.

What features/benefits make it your favorite?

The search features work well. The email feature also is nice since it allows you to track them. The picture upload is smooth and has comment features.

Forums are available as well as groups and party info. There is a chat and IM feature but that's a weak feature. The best part is the who's viewing me icon so you know who was looking at your profile.

The best part is the who's viewing me icon so you know who was looking at your profile

This is a feature my wife and I have debated. It is kind of nice to see who is viewing you, but it also gets annoying if you looked at a profile and decided they did not fit and you start getting constant emails from them. Needless to say we are mixed on it, sometimes we like it, other times not so much. What do others think.

Kasidie is currently the best visually designed site we are on. There are many good things about the site, but too few people in are area to be useful yet. .

The site analytics show that a higher proportion of user (compared to other swinger sites) are women. Why do you think that is?

I signed up today. It does sound like they have a lot of different features and while I'm waiting for them to approve my free 90 day membership I am finding a few things I really like. I really like the search filter where you can find out what a couple's interest level is. For example, it can be filtered for how important girl/girl is to a couple. I avoid couples who require it, even though I enjoy it at times and this would allow me to screen that better. The closest couple to me is 44 miles but I expect that since I live in a rural area. I'm sure it will pick up over time. I'm curious as to what the paid membership offers so I'm anxious for that approval.

We love the design of the site and the added features. It has a much closer feel to a social media site than SLS. The search features are more extensive and the ability to see if people have been viewing your profile (or turning that off) is handy. They also have a huge membership in our area.

That being said we rely on SLS instead of Kasidie. Mainly because they changed their free membership access to not allow you to view a single profile. We can still search and see some of the other sections but we can't look at any profiles so we're blocked from really doing anything in the end.

We wrote them and asked why we can't open them while we could before and they said they changed the policy and to look at the upgrade page. Apparently paid members can see "more" profiles....How can you have more if you haven't had ANY yet??

How can you have more if you haven't had ANY yet??

I thought that too before my trial membership kicked in. I almost gave up since it took 7 hours to approve it.

It's been a couple days and I think I would really enjoy it if there were more in our area but I think with a little patience it could build. I think it's too expensive though since you can't buy a lifetime membership. I think a year was $129 so I can see how SLS would still seem more appealing since it's $150 for lifetime.

I really enjoy not waiting for photo approval. I don't care for the flirt feature, seems no different than someone sending a quick one liner with no substance.

We have a profile on Kasidie and like the site. Like others have said, not many couples in our area so it is limiting. We do like the features, but actually like the features on SwingerZoneCentral better. But same thing, not many couples in our area. So to actually see local events, use Swing Lifestyle still. But the other 2 seem to be growing and are worth watching.

i know a couple on it and they are completely unimpressed with it. I also know a guy who was doing promo stuff for them and he is an ass. in the east coast area, I have found SLS and APG to be the best sites.

We signed up on it, although only as a free member and from what we have seen so far we wont be paying at this time.

I know it's hard for a website to get going in an area (especially one where a competing website has a huge presence) but I don't believe the method they are using to procure more business is a good one. We find it rather hard to judge the value when you have really no idea if there are any active people in your area. Yeah they have sign-ups, but most of them are like us, people who are already signed up on the other big sites in the area.

There is another website in our area that has been around for about a year now, and while they are free (they support themselves through party profits at this time, no doubt eventually they will charge), what they did to secure a foothold is have exclusive parties.

There wasn't a big presence in our area on kasidie either, but that's changing. The most refreshing thing about their site, aside from the enhanced security, slicker interface and great features is their complete lack of paranoia about competing sites. You can post outside email addresses or even url's from competing sites and they don't try to censor your communication.

Other sites (one in particular) act as if they own your relationship with other couples. If you try to post an external email, the post is censored and automatically deleted and I got some hokey message that I was trying to spam and send nigerian emails. When that happened to us several times on LL, I tried the same thing on kasidie and it went through without a hitch.

It's a backhanded method of forcing you to remain subscribed to their site or risk losing contact with friends.

We've tried at least 5 or 6 different sites during the short time we've been in the lifestyle. When we were in Vegas, Kasidie was great and we had lots of emails. When we got back to the East Coast, it was another story. Just not enough members in our area, and the few there were, already had profiles on Swing Lifestyle. We did like the layout and features, and the site has a lot of bells and whistles. We travel quite a bit and have found that wherever we go, Swing Lifestyle has been the gold standard... at least for us.

Of course we are in Vegas and that is Kasidies home. We are not really into any of the sites much but found some things we like about Kasidie.

Since we run a club we like the fact that the owners of Kasidie do not allow bashing of one type of place over an other.

They believe there is a place in the Lifestyle for all types of parties, clubs and people.

Yes, there is a lot of the higher end type parties promoted on their web site and they personally tend to go to those but they don't have a problem with us "regular folks" on their web site.

Some of the "other" sites use bashing and control and we don't like that.

Kasidie is growing and in time will have more in other areas but that takes people from those areas signing up. If there is not many in your area then tell people from your area about it and let them check it out.

We don't gain anything from you joining up. Just found that it is being ran for the right reasons, the fun and enjoyment of the lifestyle for all. Not just the "select" ones that some other sites cater to.

We are lifetime members of SLS and Kasidie and we check in on Kasidie about once every 4 months. Everyone that is on SLS is on Kasidie so we don't really care to spend time on multiple sites.

We have also recently trimmed our presence down to those two sites, SLS and Kasidie, but probably check into kasidie more often as they have more cool features with the facebook wall and "who's been looking at me" feature.

Like Lee said, they are truly in it for the right reasons and always take the "high road" with personal tastes, other sites and other preferences.

If you travel to Vegas, it's definitely worth checking in on Vegas parties.

We were lucky enough to get a lifetime membership free when kasidie bought out another website that we had joined where we also had a lifetime membership (don't even remember the name of that one!).

I'm not a huge fan of it. For me it's just WAY to busy (visual wise). Plus I hate the fact that we get spammed daily from like 8 different clubs (1 which we only care about). However, seeing as how so many people here seem to like it, we think we'll give it a serious go.

We checked it out but there isn't much activity in our area of NY. I visit the site occasionally and it appears to draw more in the Vegas/mid-west area. Nice site though.

My one or two emails a month I get there are all from club owners wanting me to join their group :(

They are all in far off places like TN and we live in FL :confused:

We were lucky enough to get a lifetime membership free when kasidie bought out another website that we had joined where we also had a lifetime membership (don't even remember the name of that one!).

I'm not a huge fan of it. For me it's just WAY to busy (visual wise). Plus I hate the fact that we get spammed daily from like 8 different clubs (1 which we only care about). However, seeing as how so many people here seem to like it, we think we'll give it a serious go.

We completely agree. So far our free trial experience has been endless spamming from clubs and house parties. Even worse, some look like couples but are really ads to join local clubs. Since we already have a local club that we like, we're not interested in either. The site is cumbersome to navigate and visually annoying. We might consider upgrading to the paid membership if there was any indication that the spamming could be blocked, but I haven't seen that. I even asked the admin about it and was told that people join to make these contacts and that's the whole point of the site.

Since we already have a local club we like and a free regional personals site, we don't have much reason to join. The only annoying thing is that all of the swinger podcasts seem slavishly devoted to it, to the point that we think they either get sponsorships or are have no good alternatives in their area. I'm glad it helps some people, but we really find the Kasidie worship pretty bizarre.

What many are calling "spam" are promotions for clubs and parties. That is partly what the Kasidie web site is about. Seeing that everyone has the chance to see what is out there for them.

It is very easy to stop any mail you don't want. There is a button on the profile of who ever sent it to you to "block" them and the mail.

Kasidie is not perfect, no web site, party, club or person is. It is only what you make of it and how you use it.

They are growing, they have a ways to go.

The good thing about them is they are not elitist about only "certain" people or types should be in the lifestyle. They don't put up with cliques either. They believe this lifestyle is for everyone that follows the basic rules/ideas of the Lifestyle.

Every web site/party/club started small and became only what the USERS of it made of it.

It will work if you want to use it. There are many other web sites if you don't like it. Really pretty simple.

What many are calling "spam" are promotions for clubs and parties. That is partly what the Kasidie web site is about. Seeing that everyone has the chance to see what is out there for them.

It is very easy to stop any mail you don't want. There is a button on the profile of who ever sent it to you to "block" them and the mail.

As I said, that's how Kasidie describes it as well. And only paid members seem to be able to block messages from a specific profile. So again, why pay for it?

From Wiki: Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

After 8+ messages, I'm counting that as spam.

Plus it seems like we can only block each profile completely. Or we can select to only accept party invites from friends which would block out invites we may actually like.

And thanks IEcouple for the heads up on the profiles that are just shills.

Here's the thing. After messing with Kasidie a bit, we're starting to enjoy it. And of course we would like to see the site grow, we want more prospects! haha. But we personally consider these items as being big setbacks.

dodgechevy, it's easier for us to nitpick because we live in California, where there are more LS resources than in most parts of the country. I'm sure if we lived somewhere with fewer swingers we would definitely want to be on the most popular site, and these days it seems to be Kasidie.

Kasidie isn't too big in Central Florida, but it's growing. We recently got an offer for lifetime membership for $100, so we jumped on it. I'm not too keen on paying monthly for any site, anywhere.

I joined Kasidie for us (told hubby when he got home last night lol) because of this thread. I think it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but I think it is a site I am really going to enjoy! I love the "Who's Looking" feature and am eager to see if it helps us find more local events.

My only question is, I got a message saying we'd been upgraded to Elite, Lifetime. Is this a trial membership or did we somehow get a free membership? It wasn't really explained how that happened.

We are partial to Kasidie. Especially the who is viewing me feature. They also have a travel listing on the profile page that shows travel plans. We met a great couple from Canada via noticing their travel plans.