Well, its happened....because of a couple bad experiences the wife has decided that she is thru meeting with couples for now. We've met 3 couples while in the lifestyle, the first one there was way to much drama, rules kept changing, and she always felt "obligated" to fuck him, the 2nd was jealous of the fact she has had a long time bf, that he knew of before we started playing, and was tryiing to get her to break it off with him, the third couple was going great, we were both looking forward in getting together, the problem was that the hubby never even talked to her once in 3 weeks....Shes doesn't want to fuck someone that wouldn't even talk to her....So she is just going to stick with the 2 guys she has now, and I'm on my own if I wanna meet others....

I'm sorry those couples spoiled the experience for you. How do YOU feel about the situation? Are you happy with being "on your own" to meet others?

Shes doesn't want to fuck someone that wouldn't even talk to her.

Can't say that I would feel much different. I would not want to be with someone that wouldn't talk to me either.

Lady C2S

Sounds like you had two bad experiences with the first two couples. As far as the third, did the other husband know your wife's expectations when you first started talking with them, as far as texting and talking between dates? Some people like that, and some really don't. Many swingers just want to get together for play dates and not "put in time" in between. I'm not knocking either approach, but if you have definite desires in that area, you should be up front about it with possible playmates. That kind of thing is not assumed most of the time.

If you made her preferences clear to the other couple and the guy is ignoring her in spite of that, I guess that is rude. But maybe if you didn't, perhaps you could try again with a couple who is wanting the same kind of interaction between dates that you are.

In all three cases I guess I would say you should make very clear what your expectations are, and get a good feel for how the other couple feels about her boyfriend, if you are going to tell them about him. But maybe you don't need to tell. If it's no strings attached, then you shouldn't worry about their other playmates and they shouldn't worry about yours.

About drama... all you can do is talk to people enough before moving ahead, look for signs of instability, jealousy, hesitancy, etc. and just don't go there if something seems off.

I hope for your sake your wife decides to give it another try. Otherwise it's going to be pretty difficult for you to find any extracurricular fun without her help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By let's do it again
      I haven't seen this addressed here, so I was wondering if anyone has been scammed or attempted to be scammed while swinging? Now we have had single guys lie about having a partner or one couple wanted me to loan them a sizable amount of money. So has any swingers tried to blackmail or scam you?
    • By foozballnow
      Hey everyone,

I know it has to have happened to some or most of you. You are in the middle of your full swap having your way with the other spouse when all of a sudden you or they realize the condom came off!

Knock on wood this has not happened to us yet. We would just like to know what everyone's course of action was after this happened? A friendly fishing expedition maybe?

Did you put a new one on and go at it? Or decide that it was a moot point by then...
    • By lnm98
      After a whirlwind first year of swinging, with one couple rather regularly (couple #1-including some separate play), and another couple (couple #2) twice, my wife was diagnosed with herpes and says she will not do it anymore - she is totally done. Everything was great until the diagnosis.

When we found out we were both devastated and I felt guilty. I thought we were done at that point, but even after the diagnosis we went to a party recently with couple #2 and after the party they came to our house and we told them about the diagnosis and we still swung. On top of the herpes issue she is also afraid the other people at the party know about us and doesn't like sneaking around and now she is sure she is done with it and attributes it to drinking too much each time. But during the last year she told me several times when she hadn't had too much to drink that she was just as into it as I was (which was a lot).

I think we both enjoyed our foray into the lifestyle immensely and if she had not gotten herpes and we were smarter and more discreet we would continue with it. It looks like our swinging is dead but I think neither of us really wants it to be - what should I/we do.

Thanks in advance for all the advice I can get.
    • By TakeAPicture
      So my wife and I are both very excited about getting into the lifestyle, and our only real hang-up is genital herpes. We don't have it and really don't want it. We've read all the literature, understand the risks, and are well-versed in safer sex practices. I see a lot of posts on here about education and fears of contracting an STD through swinging...but have any of you or anyone you know actually contracted an STD through swinging? Not through random hook-ups but through organized activities with other responsible people? What were the circumstances under which this happened? Were safer-sex practices employed?

I guess I'm trying to run the numbers, and since about 1 in 4 women and 1 in 5 men have herpes, it seems like there's a pretty good chance you're going to encounter another couple who has it. Since it's estimated by the CDC that 90% of people with herpes don't even know they have it, you can't count on someone saying "I'm clean!" to really mean anything. They could either be lying, or simply not know. Since condoms only provide about a 50% risk-reduction, with drugs increasing that reduction to 75% and most transmissions are from asymptomatic people, why doesn't everybody have it?

I've been reading through this board, and I don't see any posts from people saying, "Oh crap, I got an STD from swinging last weekend!" It just seems like there would be more. Are there ones I'm just missing?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Alex
    • By njbm
      Just wondering how many have quit swinging due to STD concerns?