Willing29

Men, do you shave or get your pubic hair waxed?

For the guys; do you shave or wax?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. For the guys; do you shave or wax?

• shave
    • wax

Yet another question for the guys. On my wife's last visit the salon for her waxing there was a newer, bigger table there and the woman waxing her said we can now do both you and your husband at the same time. I think she was talking about my back waxing but my wife and I started talking about how many guys here might go for Brazilian's if any. So the question is do any men here get waxed or do the ones who trim just shave?

I simply shave where needed and these days, it seems like it's in more and more places than it used to be. :lol:

As far as me getting a wax down there .... Come about day 3 when all of the hair is growing back in ... it's itchy as hell. My wife tells me she feels the same when she shaves but not with the waxing.

I'm game to try it.

We have a friend who set up her husband for a brazilian wax at Paridise Lakes. She said he screemed "Give me my ball back!" when some skin came off.LOL

I've been shaving since the early '90's and have never tried waxing.

I've found that if I hit the area each day, even if I don't do a "tight" shave every time that it prevents itching and bumps.

I think I'll stay with shaving...I'd be embarrassed to have a woman other than my wife in my pubic area...:blush:

Trace

Seems to me waxing could be painful :eek: no matter who is getting waxed, male or female. I'll stick with shaving.

Didn't think about this earlier until the skin ripping off comment but my wife, who has had several waxes, had her first bad on this past week.

She had bruising in several areas around the Labium Minora and in one particular spot the skin tore and there was a little bleeding. Talk about being pissed off.

Highly recommend not just letting anyone do it !!

Yet another question for the guys. On my wife's last visit the salon for her waxing there was a newer, bigger table there and the woman waxing her said we can now do both you and your husband at the same time. I think she was talking about my back waxing but my wife and I started talking about how many guys here might go for Brazilian's if any. So the question is do any men here get waxed or do the ones who trim just shave?

I've been shaving for a few years, but the problem is irritated hair follicules -- folliculitis. I'd definitely be interested in trying wax or something else.

I shave daily and it is jus important as my showering or shaving my face. I have purchases the Norelco personal shave and it works perferectly. I think it is a sensual experience to shave. Love the soft smooth feel. so do the ladies.

'd be embarrassed to have a woman other than my wife in my pubic area...:blush:

Trace

Wait a minute. Ok, you've made 395 posts here. But, just checking...you DO know you're on the Swinger's Board, yes? You know, populated by swingers who spend time naked with people other than their spouses?

:lol:

I just shave, with my luck, the wax would become one with my skin and act just like Duct tape. :eek:

I find that shaving every other day seems to work, longer than that and I start to feel like I'm wearing sandpaper.

I think I'll stay with shaving...I'd be embarrassed to have a woman other than my wife in my pubic area...:blush:

Trace

Wait a minute. Ok, you've made 395 posts here. But, just checking...you DO know you're on the Swinger's Board, :lol:

i was thinking the same thing. :confused:

i will stick with using nair, a little messy, no pain, no blood, no lost skin, havent had any itchiness

is there a specific type of nair you use?

I have done them both!

I dont like waxing a much as you have to wait till the hair grows back long enough for the wax to work again. The advantage to waxing is the hair gets softer and even less returns over time as well as the lack of razor stuble.

HOWEVER, having is quick and painless. If you shave regularly, your skin will become accusomed to it and the bumps and rash rarely hows up! Use a GOOD razor! The 5 blade system works perfectly! Every other day will leave you pretty smooth!

Mrs. CXXC love it!

I have done them both!

I dont like waxing a much as you have to wait till the hair grows back long enough for the wax to work again. The advantage to waxing is the hair gets softer and even less returns over time as well as the lack of razor stuble.

HOWEVER, having is quick and painless. If you shave regularly, your skin will become accusomed to it and the bumps and rash rarely hows up! Use a GOOD razor! The 5 blade system works perfectly! Every other day will leave you pretty smooth!

Mrs. CXXC love it!

So I have to ask how was the pain factor of the waxing down there? I go for a back waxing from time to time which is not too bad as far as hurt goes, but i just cant imagine waxing more sensitive areas. Although when the person my wife uses for Brazilians said she could do both of us at the same time i don't think this is what she was thinking about. :lol:

I usualy shave. However, I have tried nair (i found a nair for men) and waxing (not a brazilian). I found in both instances that there are certan spots in my genital area that are more sensitive than others. In both cases, unless either substance was taken off right away, I got "burned". Aside from that, I really liked how smooth I felt.

Mrs. PAHC asked her regular spa whether they would wax me and they said it depends on the waxer. I got waxed in a spa in Philly that stated on their website that they wax men. When I got waxed they gave me a mesh bikini type cloth to cover my cock and balls and just moved it out of the way depending on the side she was working on.

Mr. PAHornyCpl

;)

i just trim.

i have no desire to wax.

the few times i shaved i got a few ingrown hairs and that was bad.... triming it up short is the solution.

I've been shaving for many years, but never liked the stubble that shows up even one day after. About a year ago, I found a local waxing salon that specializes in brazillians for women and men. I was hella nervous about doing it, but decided to take a chance.

First off, do your homework - is the salon experienced in male brazillians? How much experience do the workers have with male brazillians? It probably isn't uncommon for a salon to have only a few workers that can and will do male brazillians. Lucky for me, I think all the workers at the salon I visit are trained for male brazillians and very experienced.

Second, there is probably no way it isn't going to be uncomfortable. The salon suggested that I take a couple Tylenol about 30 min before my appointment and it does make a difference. They also suggest you avoid any caffiene several hours prior to your service. This is actually good advice for men and women!

The workers at my salon try their best to put you at ease, get you talking, and especially try to get you to laugh. It makes a difference too... The more relaxed you are, the quicker and easier the whole thing gets done.

They'll usually start by asking where you want waxed (I like to leave a patch right above the shaft, think postage stamp) and they'll use baby oil to lubricate the area followed by talc. Don't know how it works exactly, but it helps the wax grab only the hair and not skin. They'll usually start in larger areas (inner thigh and above shaft) and move closer to your package as they go. When it comes to your balls... well, it's gonna sting :eek: There's no other way to put it. Somoene earlier said it felt like they lost a ball, and I've felt that too! But if you have a good waxer, at least they won't go over the same area twice (that's when it really hurts!).

After they're done waxing they'll go over with tweezers and grab any strays the wax missed. Then they give me warm washcloth, a bit of shea butter to remove any stray wax, and neosporin to rub in. I tend to grab a little more neosporin and slather it on everywhere. You will end up with a few raw, red patches on your balls - no way around it. I apply neosporin in the morning and evening for about 2-3 days and everything is a-okay. The red patches will regrow with a little skin flaking to go along with it - which is perfectly normal.

You'll want to follow their directions for aftercare pretty closely - an exfoliating glove is a great idea to help prevent ingrowns. They still may happen, but usually less often than with shaving. The smoothness lasts MUCH longer than with shaving and you don't get the stubbly feeling either since it is actually new hair that grows back, not sharply cut-off hair.

If you keep up with it and go back regularly it gets easier to remove, but just like the gals, you still have to have about 1/4" growth in order to get a good waxing - probably 4-5 weeks inbetween appointments.

My schedule as of late has gotten in the way of getting waxed, so I've gone several months without :( I've been shaving in the meantime, but the difference is completely noticeable.

Hope this answers a few questions anyone may have. If you have any more, I'd be happy to either answer them directly, or try to find the answer from my salon!

Mr Curious

I just ran across this old post...

I was just checking to see if anybody is reading my posts. :D

Trace

We both shave every day with an electric razor. It is part of our normal morning routine. We have not experienced any problems with itching or bumps. Occasionaly we will shave each other which is very erotic and leads almost inevitably to us returning to bed for a quickie!

Okay, I used to shave but the bumps just won't go away when the hairs start to grow back. I get at least 6 - 12 ingrown hairs so I switched to waxing.

Now I'm thinking of forking out 1K and going to have a laser Brazilian and never worry about it again. ;)

I shave at least once a week or when I know we will be playing with others. 
Honey has a waxing kit she has used on me from time to time and we make it a fun time Ouch. 
Crazy that this came up in November as we are taking a time out on grooming. Movember I said I wasn’t going to shave to support prostate health month think I would grow a mustache. Honey said she would support Roevember with no waxing. I honestly never saw her without a clean puss that I could remember. Sooo back mid-October we said no grooming. Crazy that I think she looks sexy and she doesn’t know that I’m going to keep going. 
I know most of the guys we know never saw a full bushy. A few have said What the fuck is that. We just laughed it off. 

After an exhaustive trial and error period (with many errors) I shave my balls and Nair the underside and above my cock. For some reason when I razor the top it get very irritated. The Nair works well. The trial and error was what type of Nair worked best and how long before my skin burned. The skin on your balls is way too thin to use chemical removers.

When shaving be VERY deliberate. Take your time. The risk of Fournier gangrene is low but still scary (look it up).

• Like 1

We both shave.  Sometimes if the bushes get a bit unruly we use trimmers to knock the canopy down a bit then attack the underbrush with a fresh razor.  Never rush....patience is very much your friend!  We like to allow our freshly clear cut areas to really dry out before covering up and we try to not play for at least a day so that any nicks or scrapes have time to heal over and become less irritated.  Sometime she will leave a landing strip or a tight little triangle while he usually just brush hogs it all down.....which helps with the visual appearance IMHO......  😈

Edited by Jersey Shore Couple

1 hour ago, discreetplay said:

When shaving be VERY deliberate. Take your time

Couldn't have said it better myself. 

I also Nair. I tried a few different brands of chemicals and Nair makes a few varieties. Honestly I couldn't tell the difference between them besides the smell. I found Veet to smell worse than Nair. Nair seems to work on my skin better. I use one type on my nether regions and another type on my arms (I don't like body hair). I used to do my legs when I was cycling but my SO said they looked funny. So I just trim my leg hair now. Chest is trimmed as well. The chemicals burn my chest too much regardless of how long I keep it on so I trim it when I do my legs.