sexylady1970

Subtle signs they might be swingers

Similar topics have been posted before but I thought I might renew it. We have always wondered whether or not there are any subtle signs that another couple might be swingers. There have been posts about chameleon charms, ankle bracelets, apple tattoos etc.

Other than overtly asking someone if they are a swinger or open to it, is there anything that others do which convey the message to people you might meet in a more vanilla setting?

Mrs. CXXC and I are always playing this game. "Find the Swingers"

There are several ways to broach the topic with a Vanilla person(s). I bring up the topic as a passing observation or detail that I "heard" about someone famous. If they react, they are at least interested in the activity or the individual. I play cat and mouse with the conversation for a little bit but do not press to much as I dont want them to think I am going after what I am.

This has worked for me several times. I have discovered many people who are not but are very interested. I have actually discovered tow couples who were. Just play the game softly.

Similar topics have been posted before but I thought I might renew it. We have always wondered whether or not there are any subtle signs that another couple might be swingers. There have been posts about chameleon charms, ankle bracelets, apple tattoos etc.

Other than overtly asking someone if they are a swinger or open to it, is there anything that others do which convey the message to people you might meet in a more vanilla setting?

The easiest way we have found is to have them find us. The wife has a shirt that says, "Just Ask" and they do.

The easiest way we have found is to have them find us. The wife has a shirt that says, "Just Ask" and they do.

Good one! I gotta remember that... :EG:

One thing have thought of, but have yet to use in the heat of battle, is to ask someone if the letters S-L-S mean anything to them. To someone familiar with the site, it would theoretically create an instant connection, to someone not "in the know" it may just get a puzzled look, but I'd think the chances of accidentally outing yourself this way are extremely remote.

How about if you go over to friends house like normal and start playing sequence. After about two games the game suddenly turned into a game of strip sequence. :) Lots of fun :lol:

This is our friends that know about us after the holiday issues that I caused, but they have definitely blurred the lines on us now, but still was lots of fun. :)

-Van

...... is to ask someone if the letters S-L-S mean anything to them. To someone familiar with the site, it would theoretically create an instant connection, to someone not "in the know" it may just get a puzzled look, but I'd think the chances of accidentally outing yourself this way are extremely remote.

Might want to have some other reference to S-L-S in case they do give you that puzzled look. Pretty easy to google it :lol:

Brett

Might want to have some other reference to S-L-S in case they do give you that puzzled look. Pretty easy to google it.

True enough. And here's what they'll get:

sls - Google Search

Strangely enough, despite the fact that the link is titled "Swing Lifestyle Google Search" on the search itself OUR SLS is but a footnote.

Perhaps if they inquire further I'll tell them that I thought I recognized them from the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeon's conference. :lol: Of course, the truth is that with (very) few exceptions, I could care less if they go home later and discover what I really meant by the comment, but it remains a good way of saying "We are, are you?" with very little chance of offending someone who isn't.

Unless they really are a member of the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons, in which case one misunderstanding may lead to a big second one. But it would make for a great story.

Guest warrencouple

Could always wear a Swingers Board T-Shirt around, and if someone asks you what your name is on the site, you've got one.

If they ask "*WHERE* did you get that shirt" you could always play dumb and say someone got it for you as a gag gift...

Yes, I've been tempted to wear the t-shirt I got from the trivia contest to the gym (city rec center, actually), but I'm not that ballsy.

Jason

Yes, I've been tempted to wear the t-shirt I got from the trivia contest to the gym (city rec center, actually), but I'm not that ballsy.

Jason

C'mon, Jason. :lol: I don't know how big of a city you live in, or whether or not you regularly bump into people you know, but I wear my SB T-shirt all over the place - with pride. So far I've only had one even half-way negative comment, and that was from a very young waitress who got close enough to read the words under the logo on the front. She said, "Does that really say what I think it says?" I smiled and asked her what she thought it said. She smiled back at me, kind of blushed, then moved on.

Knb2004 had an idea about asking folks if the initials S-L-S mean anything to them. Not to plug someone else's stuff, but you can get T-shirts and baseball caps that have the S-L-S logo and nothing else on them. People who recognize the logo will know, and folks who don't recognize the logo will just think it's just another hat or shirt.

Maybe Julie could come up with a version of the SB logo that doesn't include any words that we could wear with the same thought in mind? I know - just what she needs - more T-shirts and stuff... Maybe run it through Cafe Press and let them do all the work...? Just a thought.

If someone mentioned S-L-S to me I'd probably play clueless and press further :lol: Pin her into a corner and maker her squirm :hahaha:

Perhaps if they inquire further I'll tell them that I thought I recognized them from the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeon's conference. :lol:

If this was the response a hottie gave me after I had pressed her further.....I'm sure I would have choked on my drink :blush: And that's assuming I would have even understood or heard a single word she had just said :kissface:

Brett

Well, when you think about it comparing Swing Life Style to the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons isn't that far off, after all we do tend to spend time probing inside various bodily cavities. In fact, perhaps we can hijack thier group into our long wanted secret swinger signal. Imagine the confusion, however, when a genuine surgeon signs up for one of our events. Zoinks!

Well, when you think about it comparing Swing Life Style to the Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons isn't that far off, after all we do tend to spend time probing inside various bodily cavities.

You're gonna make me google laparoendoscopic now aren't you :blush:

Kinda reminds me of a little funny thing this past Christmas. Tammy was going to buy me a t-shirt she found online for our nekkid vacation. It said "I'm not a gynocologist.....but I'll take a look". Our youngest daughter was home from college for the holidays and just happened to be looking with her. When Tam mentioned to her she was going to buy it, our daughter said "There is NO way you're buying Dad that t-shirt......not when I'm going to school to be an Ob-Gyn." :rollseye: Kids.....no sense of humor :lol:

Brett

Tammy was going to buy me a t-shirt she found online for our nekkid vacation. It said "I'm not a gynocologist.....but I'll take a look". Our youngest daughter was home from college for the holidays and just happened to be looking with her. When Tam mentioned to her she was going to buy it, our daughter said "There is NO way you're buying Dad that t-shirt......not when I'm going to school to be an Ob-Gyn." :rollseye: Kids.....no sense of humor :lol:

Brett

Hehehehehehe...

gyno.jpg

I had a tank top silk screened that says MILF people get a kick out of it. I have had both men and women flirt just because I was wearing the shirt...so in theory the clothes idea may be something to consider :)

We were on vacation at one of the lifestyle resorts. Hubby entered a contest and won a "Lifestyle Convention" tee shirt. He loves to wear the tee shirt at vanilla parties where most couples are expected to be vanillas. Those in the know smile and ask "how long have you been swinging"? The vanilla folks simply ask what is a "lifestyle convention"?

Acually, this has worked for us on a few ocassions in making connection with swinger couples, resulting in a partner exchange, for great sex play and full swap of mates for very satisfying sexual intercourse with the other couple's mate.

If you go to their home and they have their name written on a few of their alcohol bottles, they might be swingers.

If they talk about going out with "a couple" for dinner, they might be swingers.

If you ask who the couple is and there is a pause before they say 'friends from work', they might be swingers.

If you see their cell phone and they have several numbers listed with a couples first names, they might be swingers.

If you see their cell phone and they have several numbers listed with a couples first names, they might be swingers.

By extension, if numbers are listed using just initials (i.e. R & L, J & D, E & D) They might be swingers.

If you throw something away in their house and see more than a dozen condom wrappers in the trash can, they might be swingers.

While out shopping with your friend, she says she has to drop by the pharmacy to pick up her birth control pills, and you distinctly remember that her husband had a vasectomy 7 years ago, they might be swingers.

One thing have thought of, but have yet to use in the heat of battle, is to ask someone if the letters S-L-S mean anything to them. To someone familiar with the site, it would theoretically create an instant connection, to someone not "in the know" it may just get a puzzled look, but I'd think the chances of accidentally outing yourself this way are extremely remote.
Not that we get out much, so our experience is nowhere near exhaustive, but one group of 8 people that we met at a house party had never heard of SLS (they are all on SDC). The first couple we ever met (via bibabesnetwork) also hadn't heard of SLS.

Long story short, you may be missing some by asking about SLS in particular!

C&M