PK1

Best swinger site

All,

We would like to get your opinion on which lifestyle site is the best one to join.

Is it SLS, swingular, lovevoodoo.com, or maybe one like alt.com. We would like to know if it is worth spending the money. If you would actually recommend a site, please tell us what you like about it. Can we actually meet someone on one of these sites?

Guest screaminggood

I only have free memberships on a couple of sites. My experience has been that you get a lot of no-shows with the sites, whereas meeting people at clubs or parties tends to work well. Alt.com appears to be a scam to me....too bad there's no another "extreme" .com because I'd like to find some people for some of my more kinky fantasies. A lot of people use swinglifestyle....I have a free membership there, but mostly use it to see what the upcoming parties are, and I have one at swingersdateclub---which I really like but it may be more regional.

Which one is best tends to vary a lot depending on your location and what features you want in a site. Personally, the one we use the most is SLS.

I would suggest trying each of them for the free trial/free membership and searching to see how many people you find in YOUR area that fit your criteria and then choosing one or two based on that.

It may be because we're in Mexico but SLS was not great for us. Last year we opened a profile on SDC and I have to say it's the best money we've ever spent on a site. We have a group of friends who all met on this site and it has worked out very sweet!! We're lifetime members now... By the way, if you're interested... we're bacoyafrodita on sdc ;)

This is a great start. Looking for many diverse opinions

It really can be a regional question. We have tried several. We use aff and sls the most.. but it's funny the people we meet in the dc area say that apg is the best.

Definitely S.L.S. (Swinglifestyle.com) if you want to find couples. We've found that A.F.F. (Adult Friendfinder) works better for singles. There is a third site that we used to recommend but it seems like they are only popular in So-Cal, and some recent censorship issues and other drama has forced us to no longer recommend it to anyone.

Nothing is better than getting out to events and meet 'n greets to meet people, IMHO.

We have tried quite a few sites over the years..and to be honest, with a few exceptions, it's pretty much a matter of personal taste. They all have pretty much the same basic features, and then throw in a couple of unique ones in an attempt to make them stand out. Unfortunatly, the 'unique' features tend to be more trendy than anything else, and quite a few wind up being considerably annoying to the membership. My personal opinion is that the more 'trendy' features, the more likelyhood exsists that it will attract those simply looking for a way to wile away the time at work when the boss isn't looking.

As some have already mentioned, many sites do tend to be regional...our all-time favorite was that way, and we had to cut it loose because of that - there were (and still are) only 5 or so members within 250 miles of our new home on it!

From what I've seen, people who use ad sites as their primary means of meeting others tend to base their evaluations on how much success they have had from them. Using that standard, Swinglifestyle wins hands down and running away for us. As I've mentioned before when the subject of ad sites comes up, you will see a lot of the same people from your area on just about any of the larger sites you may join - but our experience has been that the one they use to actually contact us on is Swing Lifestyle. Although I have a theory, I really don't know why it's been the case..but it's held true in the 2 states we've lived in since joining (California and now, Florida). What's important to us is that we have had far fewer encounters with 'fantasy folk' on Swing Lifestyle..those who only want to exchange picture collections, play on webcam or just talk about what they enjoy doing while typing one-handed. The up side of that has been that we have met quality people and had a lot of great fun using Swing Lifestyle! Yes, like all sites, it does have it's problems (read as: 'things I don't happen to like'), but all and all, the only one I ever recommend to anyone asking my opinion is Swinglifestyle.

There are some new kids on the block from time to time..but they are pretty much just trying to re-invent the wheel. There was one recently that showed promise, but is now heading for the toilet so fast that it's hilarious, primarily because they seem hell-bent on doing and using things that have proven not to work elsewhere.

I recommend altplayground (aka apg).

I've been a member since 2004, and love it. The most real people, the least amount of bs/fake profiles and e-mails. Cheap too. Site sponsored events.

If you have specific questions, I'm happy to answer.

Would have to go with Swing Lifestyle. Don't know about all regions, but Swing Lifestyle was great back when we were in So CA, and it's great here in NC.

Another website we like here in NC is wickedgardens and we would have to say that might even beat Swing Lifestyle in a lot of aspects. But it really seems to be more region specific to NC.

Unfortunatly money is tight so we are going to be sticking to Swing Lifestyle only now.

Take a look at Playfulswingers. It's a Florida based group with a large contingent in the Carolinas, especially North Carolina. This is our favorite.

We've been members of Swingular for a couple of years but it's a Utah based group and we rarely get to Utah. It was the first site we found and joined and interestingly, the first couple we met from Swingular recommended that we look at Playfulswingers. We joined and they didn't...go figure.

Feel free to ask questions of me if you like.

PK1 - as an example, I checked SwingLifestyle for you, and there are over 80 groups in GA. Good indication that you would find one you liked.

I agree with joining for free first to see how it goes.

Beware of fakes who pounce on new profiles; they usually work for the site and are there to entice you to stay. If they won't meet you for coffee (tea, beer, etc), within a reasonable amount of time, they're fake.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Lifestyle Lounge. We've already met quite a few great couples from our area. Nice site with great features.

Guest cpl4funindel

We're members of both SLS and APG (altplayground.net), and while both have advantages and disadvantages, we've had much better luck with meeting quality couples on APG. It's also nice as they don't offer any "trial" memberships... You have to pay from the get-go. It just seems to help weed out the drive-bys.

Have fun!

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Lifestyle Lounge. We've already met quite a few great couples from our area. ....

Me too!

Hugs and Hissessss,

Maria

Pensacolapair said:
The up side of that has been that we have met quality people and had a lot of great fun using Swing Lifestyle!

Confirmed! My wife and I have tried several Web sites and SwingLifestyle has proven the most effective for actually meeting people. Also want to affirm what others have said; you will find people at meet-n-greet events, clubs and parties who have no on-line profiles.

Thanks to all for the insight. We'll check them all out based on your comments. As newbies, it's good to have this community from this forum to help guide us through the initial steps.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Lifestyle Lounge. We've already met quite a few great couples from our area. Nice site with great features.

In our area LL has a reputation for being THE Ken & Barbie site. We're on it as free members, but their free access is VERY limited. The site is also expensive and has no lifetime membership option. On the positive side, it seems to list more events and parties than any other site in our area.

In the KC area, SwingLifestyle just doesn't seem to match up real well (from what it seems) as compared to other locations mentioned here. It's ok, but we're not going to pay for it anymore. We use Club Foreplay primarily - much greater activity in our area, and it seems to be pretty popular throughout MO, KS, OK and a few other areas.

The main sites we stick to are swinglifestyle.com (SLS) and swingersdateclub.com (SDC). We had had the most success with these two and are lifetime members on both.

We also have profiles on theswingsite.com and swingermyspace.com, but we haven't gotten much from those.

Great Topic, Finding a good site, is like asking which ice cream flavor is your favorite.. to each person the answer is going to be different based on.. wait for it... their tastes

IMHO each site has there good points and thier bad points.. New Sites, by there very nature try to get you to spend your $$ to join, never knowing IF they will survive, by worth it, or worse.. Just a flat out scam.

Over the years things change, 10 years ago, you could go to Yahoo, find a regional hell in some cases local group to begin talks with possible playmates.

AFF, was and still is the biggest commercial site around, the problem being, that because its all about the $$, they dont care too much about issues with fake members, stolen pics, or harrassment. They have expanded beyond the simple site to varients.. Alt.com being one of them.

Swing Lifestyle, is ok, a nice simple site.. with a lifetime membership for what most charge in a year.

To us however we have a "breaking in" period that we put any site thru.. Yes we are the notorious couple that signs up, to most every site we come across.. But that having been said, we dont "Join" unless its a pretty good site.

We are lifetime members on Swappernet, SwingerZone, Swingular.. and a few others that really have gone down hill.. They all go thru patches where they are "hot" and dead..

As far as the fake people.. You are always going to have people that get turned on by "flirting" with the lifestyle. There is no way around it.. and yes it does piss us off, when we make plans on a precious weekend where the stars have aligned, and we can get away to play, Only to find that, the other people are no shows..

Getting back to the original topic, as I said we sign up for most sites.. To be honest, the one thing that ANY site that wants to be prosperous, can do is instead of signing members up to grow the data base, then allowing them to do nothing unless they join.. is make them want to join..

Dozens of sites, even AFF, in the first 24 hours allow you to open a set number of profiles.. But limit your ability to email or contact others.. whats worse is when after the 24 hours, they notify you of email, that you can only open if you join.. Swingersdatelink being the latest..

Of the sites that we visit regularly, I can say the most interesting new one is adultspace.com.. a Myspace clone for swingers.. you can find locals.. chat within thier site as well as have private pics and public ones.. that are only shared when YOU wish..

SLS and clubnexxus.com are my favorites... but I run Club Nexxus for Carolina Friends... so I am a little bit biased. :D I wish I knew who to talk to to get on that list I saw posted earlier. Personally, I think AFF and ALT are a waste of money and pretty much every other site we have ever tried to be perfectly honest. Playfulswingers is also ok... we have met quite a few couples on there. I don't like that they delete your account after X amount of days if you don't pay. I also don't like that I can't share my private galleries with free members on SLS.

We are on quite a few but are most active on Swingular and LL. We find that with the economy the way it is, it's hard to have to pay all the monthly fees on sites that don't have a lifetime option. We were able to get a lifetime on Swingular for I think around $30. We love the forums and chatroom there and have met quite a few people. Our LL account is about to expire and I think we're going to let it stay that way. They have a good looking crowd but for the price, I don't think it's worth it.

A lot of it really depends on which region you live in too. We find that most sites have a bigger following in certain areas. We don't consider AFF a true swing site as we've found there are a lot of fakes and webcam girls on there.

The best thing to do is just find the ones that have a free trial and check them out for yourself. It won't hurt you to create a few profiles to find the site you like best.

Do a search on google for 'adult swingers' or 'swinger ads' or for your state such as 'Florida Swingers.' You should find quite a few listings for sites with free trials.

Good luck!

We had also heard that LifestyleLounge was the Ken and Barbie site, but we joined on a free trial and found that to be mostly rumor. We are basically only using LL now, and have had way more luck finding people we like there. Even though it is more expensive than many others, it has been worth it for us. There are always local events posted and WAY FEWER fake or empty profiles.

They do offer a free one week trial. Two weeks if you are referred by a current member and enter their name on your sign up. (You are welcome to use our member name if you like.....same as the name we use here.)

It's true that you can't BUY a lifetime membership, but you can become a lifetime member by referring new members to the site. (See how that works?? ;) The referrals help both parties......the new folks get a 2 week trial and the current member gets credit toward a lifetime membership......this is where I again say you are welcome to use our name when you sign up for your trial......wink!)

In any case, this site has grown so much over the years through word of mouth and it really is great. It was started by a MN couple who still attends events and has a real profile and all that. It's really big in MN, but there are profiles from all over the world on there.

I think the best advice to to do a free trial of several sites and find the one that has the most profiles in your area. But be careful and consider if the profiles are actually active or if they are outdated or mostly empty. I always check for a "last online" date. That way you can find the site that is going to be a best fit, for your own situation.

AWESOMECPLMN on Lifestyle Lounge

..As some have already mentioned, many sites do tend to be regional...our all-time favorite was that way, and we had to cut it loose because of that - there were (and still are) only 5 or so members within 250 miles of our new home on it!

Lifestyle Lounge is the all-time favorite of our's I referred to :)

We had also heard that LifestyleLounge was the Ken and Barbie site...

When we lived in San Diego, we had heard of that reputation, and also the reputation for being 'elitist' along financial and materialistic lines. It was recommended to us by friends who we didn't consider to be any of those, so we checked it out. Yes, it is a bit more pricey than most, but we met more seriously cool couples there than on all of the other sites put together..including our current favorite. We still keep tabs on the availability of members locally in the hope that eventually it might become worth it to rejoin.