Ok, we have an extra bedroom which at the moment is storage, but our hope is to get it cleaned out and possibly turn it into a playroom, so that should we host any friends over or even potentially a house party we can have a room set up for ... well... playing. We already have a guest bedroom with a full size bed that could be used as well.

So if you were starting with an empty room and wanted to create a playroom, what would you put in it?

We're thinking about maybe a futon, and some good mood lighting... but what else...

Oh man, what an assignment!

I guess it's required that you have a sex swing.

Just for the mood setting, one of those small boom boxes that you can plug your iPod into.

We have a St Andrews Cross, Swing, Hookah, fire place, chairs for watching, Chess Table ( for all kinds of games like sex dice or strip poker) and a Pillow pit (kind of)

Hugs and Hissessss,

Maria

SnakeBabe said:
We have a St Andrews Cross, Swing, Hookah, fire place, chairs for watching, Chess Table ( for all kinds of games like sex dice or strip poker) and a Pillow pit (kind of)

Hugs and Hissessss,

Maria

Sweet! How big is that room?

BTW, the floors in this room are hardwood

Julie......gotta have mirrors. I'd put one on the ceiling and another on a wall. Also some end tables to place the lube, condoms, drinks and such. And if the end tables had shelves beneath, you could put towels there.

BTW, how big is your room?

Brett

Ok, this might sound goofy, but we would like a very small refrigerator in our playroom (if we had one).

When we play with friends, we always have several bottles of water around. We tend to get a bit parched when playing.

It would be nice to have one of those small fridges to hold a dozen bottles of water for those special times. :)

That doesn't sound goofy!! Sounds hydrating, which is a necessity when playing!!

Two playrooms come to mind. First, a woman I briefly dated (early '80s) converted a spare bedroom to a playroom. Had a king size bed in the middle of the floor. You had to move around it to get anywhere in the room. No top sheets, blankets, or head/foot boards. A small dresser in one corner that held toys, lube, and lord knows what else (I never saw into any drawers). A private bath. Tissues, folded towels, and lube on top. Nothing personal in the room, though. She said took playmates only to her playroom. It was closer to the living room than her bedroom, which I never saw, and set up for sex.

A couple we've played with a few times has two playrooms. Upstairs, a "bedroom" with king size bed, regular bedroom furnishings (dressers, chests, etc.; could almost be someone's bedroom, except for lack of personal stuff), a hook on the ceiling (hidden behind s spring-loaded door painted eggshell white, and anchored into a reinforced rafter) for a swing. Private bath with shower. This room is right off the entry foyer, and right across from the living room/kitchen/dining area. Downstairs, they also have a room they made into a -- well, not sure what to call it. Not exactly a dungeon, but there's where they keep the toys for -- and indulge in -- those flavors. They also have a secluded hot tub on the deck you access from downstairs. Come out of the pool naked, and you have to get back into the downstairs den and into one of their playrooms. While we're not into the dungeon thing, the upstairs playroom works really well. A bit of a run from the hot tub, though ?

At our place, the "spare" bedrooms are offices, where we respectively spend hours at home supporting our day jobs. Will brainstorm with L this week and see what we'd put in a playroom if we had one.

If you decide on adding a futon, please make sure it's a sturdy one! Mr. Wonders got bounced one night with a female playmate. Talk about a mood breaker! :hahaha:

Snakebabe - now that's a playroom. That room is about the size of a family room we have but it's wide open to the rest of the house (and we have to walk through it to get to our bedroom).

We have a 4 bedroom house (converted from a 3), one is our master, it's downstairs. Then there are 3 upstairs. One of those was the original master so it's a bit larger and set up as a guestroom with a private bath. The second is our office and the third is the room in question.

two4youinswva said:
Ok, this might sound goofy, but we would like a very small refrigerator in our playroom (if we had one).

Actually, that sounds like a great idea.

BiloxiCouple said:
A trash can. A clock.

Ok, why the clock? I'd hate to think people were watching the clock while we were playing.... "ooohhh... gotta finnnnnisshhhh soon..... gotta get home".

des1re06 said:
I highly recommend one of these:

Walmart.com: Simmons Beautyrest Sky Rise Express Air Bed with Pump: Camping

You just plug it in and it inflates itself. You can spray it off in the yard with a hose. Mattresses and futons will absorb stains. Also great for taking to house parties. ;)

Mrs. D

Good point. I was figuring on getting an air mattress as well to be able to "expand" the playspace in the room (or even to use in other rooms).

Snakebabe - now that's a playroom. That room is about the size of a family room we have but it's wide open to the rest of the house ....

Thanks

It is our family room. Since we are “open’ no need to hide anything.

No need for a bed because we have our bedroom so it’s really just for play.

We did our playroom in the lower level of the house. We have a 3 bedroom ranch, and have a 22 yr old college student and and 82 year old father staying with us occasionally, so we have the upper bedrooms reserved for them, and our office.

We divided the lower level into our bedroom and a playroom combined, in a safari theme, with a 12' curtained divider.. We have the 'mandatory swing', gas fireplace, beanbags, couch/futon, TV with DVD player, wine/water/soda fridge, stereo, and little decorative containers with condoms and lube packets.

Would like to do the mirror on the ceiling thing, but, the path to the storage room for the daughter leads thru the playroom - and that might be too much for parental discretion...

Val

This time of year is great for finding little things perfect for a playroom... with all the dorm room essentials everywhere. The small size refrigerators are everywhere. But the most interesting thing we found tonight was at CostCo, they have these mats that are about 2-3" thick, 3' wide and 6' long and they fold up for easy storage. The bottom is vinyl and the top is microfiber. So you could either flip them over and play on the vinyl size or just put sheets over the microfiber side (my preference as it would be easier to wash the sheets than the vinyl - but either way would work). We were thinking 2 of these mats would be perfect to cover a playroom floor.

Use the KISS method. Keep it simple. Put mattress (or some equivalent) on every square foot of floor space, perhaps with lockers high on the wall if you don't have other places to store clothes, etc.

Long term cleanliness can be an issue, but if you stay ahead of the curve it should be fine.

That is a nice setup. I think we will have to start looking into setting up something for ourselves.

In one of the houses we lived in for a time our master bedroom had a closet that ran the length of one side of the room and was floor to ceiling. They had sliding doors and on the sliding doors were mirrors. Was great for watching while playing. This is bit more explainable than mirrors on the ceiling to family and friends who do not now you are in the lifestyle.

Guest cheese1337

a small bar for mixing martinis =).