Alura

Swinging in Television, Film, and Media

On Tuesday night, a very "liberated" lady was introduced who hit on every man in the cast. She even invited the judge for a weekend at the cape. She was pretty funny!

Alan and Denny both had sex with her (at the office, of course) within hours or minutes of each other.

To shorten the story, a "swinging" experience was planned by Alan and Denny, each thinking this lady would be their partner for a foursome. She was perfectly happy, thinking it was to be a threesome.

Boston Legal gets funnier and funnier!

• Like 1

I think King of Queens, had at least 2 shows, that had swingers involved.

The All in the Family episode was titled "The Bunkers and the Swingers" and first aired in 1972. I remember seeing it in reruns as a kid, but need to go back and watch it again now!

The episode won an Emmy for Best Writing in a Comedy Series.

This is from imbd using keyword searches. The only one I have seen was Consenting Adults which did have a swinging component but was more of a muder mystery IIRC

The Ice Storm (1997)

Score (1973)

Promises! Promises! (1963)

Consenting Adults (1992)

Inside Amy (1975)

Fun: Can Be Dangerous Sometimes (2005)

This list is from the wikipedia entry on swinging

Film

In the movie The Blood Oranges (1997), two western couples, one with children, come together in the fictional Mediterranean village of Ilyria. The film was adapted from the novel by John Hawkes.

The movie Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) is the American comedy classic that captures the sexual revolution of the late 1960s in the United States. It was nominated for four Academy Awards; Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Best Cinematography, and Best Original Screenplay.

The movie Eating Raoul (1982) is a comic send-up of swinging stereotypes.

The documentary movie The Lifestyle: Swinging in America, a 2000 film by director David Schisgall, took an in-depth look at several true-life swinging couples.

The recent Bollywood film by Rajat Kapoor called Mixed Doubles[2] has tried to portray a humorous outlook to this concept on the Indian scene.

PlayCouples, a 2003[20] feature-length documentary directed by Michael A. Bloom, has been called "the most complete and honest explanation of The Lifestyle I have yet to see" by Dr. Robert McGinley, founder of The Lifestyle Organization.

Mimi Rogers' character Sharon, in the 1991 movie The Rapture, pursues an active swinging lifestyle with her 'partner', played by Rustam Branaman. Several of the key characters are introduced into the plot when they join Rogers and Branaman for group sex after meeting in a bar one night.

The movie The Sex Monster (1999) is a comedy about a couple who begin a ménage à trois with another woman.

The movie Zebra Lounge (2001) talks about swinging and its effects on the lives of a married couple with kids who seek some sexual adventures.

The Dutch movie Swingers (2002) tells the story of a thirty-something couple and their first experiments with the swinging lifestyle.

The film The Fourth Protocol (film) shows a brief clip of four American woman and an American airman naked in a room. The swinger overtones were very implicit.

Television

The BBC2 interviewer and documentary maker Louis Theroux investigated an American Swingers group in an episode of his Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends series.

An episode of the BBC television programme Life on Mars featured the main characters infiltrating a swinger club.

In an episode on the first season of the FOX series The OC, Sandy and Kirsten Cohen are tricked into attending a swinger's party on New Year's Eve.

Touch And Go, a 1998 BBC Two drama, focussed on a young couple, played by Martin Clunes and Zara Turner visiting a swinging club in order to reinvigorate their marriage. After initial success, their marriage is threatened by the pressures of their new lifestyle.

2008 CBS series Swingtown is a period piece which deals with social and sexual changes of the 1970s, including swinging.

The VH1 The Sexual Revolution series dealt with swinging in some detail in Episodes 3 and 4. Can't remember about the first two episodes, been a while since I've seen them.

wow I don't know any of these episode names sorry but here goes.

That 70's where Red and Kitty go to a "key" party with Red's friend Bull from the war.

There was a bbc show "coupling" that had swinging touched on in two different episodes.

First Patrick is going to dump his current girl until she mentions the idea of a 3 some. Patrick just doesn't realize she is meaning mmf with her, Patrick, and Jeff.

The other is when a competitive friend of Patrick's "Ivan", want to know if Patrick would be interested in "swapping wives".

A friend told me about a children's classic that had swinger overtones.

It was "The Grinch that stole Christmas" the little characters were going into a house and putting their keys in a fish bowl. This is the old cartoon version.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there is the reality show called "Wife Swap", the title alone is cool.

An episode of 2 and a Half Men where Charlie and Alan's mother admits to swinging in the 60s - which is why she and her old gf don't want Charlie to sleep with the friend's daughter, since they might be half-siblings.

Also, there was an episode of Dharma and Greg where Greg's parents mistakenly think that the "swap meet" that Dharma's parents invite them to is for wife swapping.

Oh, almost forgot. There was a Nip/Tuck episode where some of the characters went to a swingers' club.

A friend told me about a children's classic that had swinger overtones.

It was "The Grinch that stole Christmas" the little characters were going into a house and putting their keys in a fish bowl. This is the old cartoon version.

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but there is the reality show called "Wife Swap", the title alone is cool.

that was actually in the movie version as well. Very subtle.

Oh, almost forgot. There was a Nip/Tuck episode where some of the characters went to a swingers' club.

There were at least 2 different episodes in two different seasons of Nip/Tuck. On in Season 1 I think where Christian and Kimber go to a swing party, and then in the most recent season, an actor on the soap that Sean is working on mentions that he's going to a swing party and after mentioning it to his gf, Sean and his actress gf go to the party, resulting in him practically running out the door as she stands in awe.

Found the two episode titles for the Nip/Tuck shows. It was "Cliff Montegna" from season 1 and "Chaz Darling" from season 5

there was an episode of Journeyman, that aired last fall, that had him "Leaping/Jumpin" into a swingers party, Fish Bowl full of keys on the TV..

The main plot theme is Where the Daughter comes home from college early, finds out the HORRIBLE truth, as her mother is in bed getting laid while Daddy is wrapped up with another woman in the other room..

Of course the negative takes place , the girl freaks runs away and the Journeyman has to set her back on the right path..

Seinfeld did an episode where his dentist often swapped receptionists. It was a very overt reference to swinging. One of the best episode as well BTW

There was an episode of "According to Jim" where he had to make up with one of his neighbors by inviting them over for dinner - then realized halfway through the night that these folks were swingers looking for playtime with 'em. (Not sure if it was later "taken back" and this turned out to sort of be a joke on the wife or not)

There was a Jack-In-The-Box commercial a while back where Jack and a lady were in the hot tub with another couple and there was some strong suggestions of swinging. I don't remember exactly what was said but it was obvious :D

Scrubs has a LOT of references to threesomes and moresomes. It seems like in almost every episode.

Just this week there's been a Tyra Banks show on open relationships and that Mike & Juliet morning show covered the topic. I don't normally watch Tyra, but I did that day specifically to see what they'd say. It wasn't very informative, but there was a couple that decided to ask their best friend on public television to join them in the bedroom... pretty funny! :D

Someone recommended this movie and I decided to purchase it after reading the review.

The movie is "Unholy Matrimony" filmed in black and white in 1966. I loved it. It doesn't have any cock or crotch shots, the sex scenes aren't visually blatant, but they leave room for your imagination to have some fun. The film has a great story line, humor throughout, drama at some points, and sheds good light on swinging. Bunch of great actors too and boobs are aunaturel and plentiful.

The swimming pool scene at a swinger party was great. There are a variety of "first meets" that point out a lot of things couples can encounter and how diverse swingers can be.

I'm a fan of black and white movies and this is now a favorite in my collection.

If you read this review it will give you a feel for it and where it can be purchased if you're interested in adding to your swinger movies collection.

Unholy Matrimony/My Third Wife George

LM

"Still Standing" (can't remember the episode) Bill & Judy Hire a couple who are contractors and also turn out to be swingers. And don't forget all of Bills fantasies about the lesbian neighbors.

This one is kind of out there, but: "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" the series. Many episodes indicated partner swapping and polyamory. In that series vampires liked sex too, and often screwed.

This is a sort-of swinging reference for those out there who appreciate Corner Gas- I do believe that some of our neighbours to the south might be familiar with that show. Oscar and Emma, the older couple, get a hot tub, and Lacey, the young, attractive woman enjoys being in it- but not with Oscar and Emma. Nevertheless, the whole town starts making cracks about freaky 3-ways, and the three have a few hilarious double-entendre exchanges. I watched it on streaming video last night and HOWLED. Now I have to sit my husband down and get him to watch it.

Hey here's a new movie which apparently features a FMF:

I can't remember titles, but there have been at least 2 Law & Order episodes that had swinging details. In the first, a clothing store magnate is killed and when the detectives discover his wife was sleeping with another man at the time she claims they had an open marriage (I actually forget if that was true).

In the other episode, a doctor is on trial for killing his mistress's son (I think, details are fuzzy). The wife "breaks down" on the stand and states that her earlier testimony was a lie, that he actually was home and that she had lied because she was jealous of his affair. He's found not guilty and at the end of the show it's clear that the wife lied the second time to free her husband and that she knew all along he was having other partners (not that swingers should lie to protect murderers, but I remember being pleased that the wife openly defended the morality of their arrangement to the DA).

There was a UK documentary (Channel 4 production I think) called ."The real wife swap". This show describes the UK swinging scene interviewing different couples (very diverse) and showing activities in a club. Lot of nudity for a TV show and very interesting. I found it on a bit torrent site.

Was watching a first-season Sex and the City last night- all about 3-somes. Samantha, of course, had been in lots, likes being the "guest star" in an FMF, and is told by the wife of a guy that she's banging that the wife is willing to participate in one to save her marriage (Samantha declines) Carrie doesn't want one, freaked out that Big had some with his ex-wife. Miranda actually answers an ad in the Village Voice and meets a couple in a bar, just to see if she is attractive enough to be considered as a unicorn, and when they say yes just leaves the couple there, having been "validated". And Charlotte and her boyfriend end up on a bed with a unicorn, is willing to try it, but gets shoved out of the way by the other two and ends up walking out of the room (and, presumably, the relationship).

Interesting show. Got me all fired up for the house party this weekend. Occasionally it seemed to be close to touching on what lies behind swinging, but in the end, came down on the side of conventionality.

One more coming out:

Fling AKA Lie to Me (2008)

Lie to Me (2008)

An attractive young couple's open relationship is stretched to the breaking point when each partner finds themselves falling in love with other people.

Labeled as Romance... we shall see....

Passing reference, and more specifically to group sex than swinging per se...

In "Mamma Mia" (the movie) Rosie asks a question something similar to "What are we supposed to do with three men" and Tanya sits up, responds "Now that brings back memories..."

This morning, I was watching an episode of "Still Standing" called "Still Graduating". When their son graduates from high school, he enrolls in college and decides he's gonna move out. His parents decide to merge his room with theirs and turn it into a big master suite. Their son is sure they are having marriage problems with the thought of him leaving. When they call over the husband/wife contractors to evaluate their project, one couple goes into the master bedroom and the other couple goes into the other bedroom. While the son listens outside the doors of each couple, it just becomes more funny with each passing minute. I did some serious belly laughing.

two4youinswva said:
I've never watched the show, but Life on Mars will air a swinger themed show tonight (3/11/09).

Tivoed this and am finally watching it. Looks like another CSI style Swinging Party leads to murder episode. Now let's go "under-cover" and figure this thing out :)

There is a Mexican Swingers movie "Fantasias"

All the movies that we have watched have unhappy endings, always swinging experiences in the movies creates relationship problems. In "Fantasias" the couple become victim of an extortionist. There is also a soap opera from Peru called Malicia (1995) the staring couple use sex by exchanging partners as their "weapon" to achieve their malicious goals.

The dutch movie "Swingers" does not create a good experience for both couples.

They should make swingers movies with happy endings. A couple that improves or makes their relationship better or stronger, and when they swing we would also like to see the enjoyment of sex. (Usually one couple is all scared).

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shortbus yet. A very interesting film about the reasons people might go for sex outside of a conventional relationship. We watched it early on in our explorations.

Old Law and Order episode.

McCoy: How did you meet the defendant?

Witness: I was walking down the street and he walked up to me and said "Do you want to have a threesome?" I looked at him and his wife and said, "Sure, why not?"

SW_PA_Couple said:
Ever since Swingtown, media commentators have been referring to swingers' parties as key parties. Think maybe we'll want to watch this one.

Well, we watched it. Had never before seen a Reno 911. Yes, kind of a silly television program. I liked the comment by the host of the "key party". With the prospect of watching the police officers get down onto the floor to have sex with each other, he turns to his wife and makes the parenthetical comment, "Where's my heart medicine."

Just watched episode three second season of true blood and one of the characters gets upset at a party because everyone is making out and states to her love interest.

That she wants nothing to do with the lifestyle.. Can't remember the exact words but it didn't leave a viewer wondering what lifestyle she was referring too.

lardub said:

Just watched episode three second season of true blood and one of the characters gets upset at a party because everyone is making out and states to her love interest.

That she wants nothing to do with the lifestyle.. Can't remember the exact words but it didn't leave a viewer wondering what lifestyle she was referring too.

You beat me too it :)

She asked him...Is that what this is? Are ya'll in the Lifestyle?

Considering the party scene I was thinking while watching it...Man, that looks like some of the parties we've been to :D

Teresa

I just saw the new Sacha Baron Cohen movie today and one scene was filmed at a private swingers party. Sex scenes and all :)

"Bruno" is a completely offensive and insane movie, but i thoroughly enjoyed it because i am twisted like that lol

I just ran across that Life on Mars episode and watched it, not knowing it was about swinging until they mentioned the parties. How typical- man who initiated and hosted them is obviously the murderer, since a man depraved enough to want to have sex with other women is obviously depraved enough to kill. And OF COURSE his wife only does it because he wants to- because no decent woman could want to have sex with someone other than her husband. Gaaah!!

Just saw an interview with Patricia Clarkson, an actress in an upcoming movie called Cairo Time - apparently she's in a threesome with two men.

Also, here's my all-time favorite commercial with a swinging theme - it puts the Jack In The Box commercial to shame. It's for Guinness beer.

Enjoy - and don't forget to share one with a friend - or two lol.

There was an episode of 90210 where the parents while on vacation were propositioned in the hot tub by an older couple they met. At first they were shocked and ran off. The thought it was funny as hell and laughed about it, then decided it was a complement to be considered.

2inVT said:

there is also a Nip/Tuck episode where one of the doctors goes to a "Mandingo Party" with is wife or girlfriend....the part is hosted by a black man and is filled with white couples and single black men.

It's season 5: episode 5.

LOL!! On The Daily Show last night, Wyatt Cenac was offered a 3some by Ann Meara and Jerry Stiller. She says "You're a swinger, right?" And Jerry offers the important information that he shaved. They throw him out of their car when he turns them down. Hilarious!!

New show on FOX, Raising Hope (great show, imo). Jimmy is trying to put together a family tree for Hope and doesn't know what happened to his Grandmother (Louise). His mother tells her she got killed by a duck. His friend Sabrina tracks her down and they find her hosting a swinger party (evidently she never wanted to be a mom).

As an older guy walks into the party he asks Jimmy "How's the crowd in there, not a bunch of old guys I hope" (or something like that).

I think you can watch the whole ep on Fox' website.

There was an episode of Yes Dear where Greg and Kim befriend an older couple who turn out to be swingers.

There is also another episode where Jimmy plans a vacation for the foursome using coupons and discounts. At the end Kim catches Jimmy and Christine coming out of an airplane bathroom together and comments that they are the only ones sick enough to do that... Then she sees another couple exit the opposite bathroom.... then 3 couples exit the one next to it (how 3 couples fit in an airplane bathroom I will never know!)

Can Playboy TV lure female viewers with a swinger reality show? (video) | Inside TV | EW.com

As part of a brand makeover, Playboy TV made its TCA press tour debut Thursday, unveiling two reality shows that seek to draw men and women............................The second is Swing, a docusoap about partner-swapping couples.

..............Executives at the pay-only network say their research shows female viewers will check out Playboy if the content has realistic, silicon-free couples, and isn't shot strictly from a male-fantasy perspective.

The link above includes a trailer for the new show.

"Sex and Breakfast." From the Netflix summary: James (Macaulay Culkin) and Heather (Alexis Dziena) visit a therapist to discuss their passionless relationship. During their sessions, both realize they're as much mentally bored as sexually uninterested. That is, until their therapist recommends group sex. A partner swap with Ellis (Kuno Becker) and Renee (Eliza Dushku) leaves all four lovers realizing that a lasting relationship consists of more than just sex and breakfast.