JustAskJulie

How many times have you been perved?

Ok, so someone just pointed out something terribly obvious to me, when you view your profile on SLS you can see how many times your profile has been viewed in the last 30 days.

For us, the number was a paltry 1429.... so go take a look at your profile and tell us how many times have you been perved in the last month.

5157 :o I'm not sure if that's good or bad :rolleyes:

Teresa

I guess we are going for the lowest number. Only 1264 for us. But we do live in a more rural area of our state.

If I were you guys I would be terribly flattered. Obviously a lot of someones think that you are well worth knowing. I know if I lived closer to you, I'd want to know you better.

I don't know about the count :confused:,

Last night we noticed 1014 views in the last 30 days.

Today, just now we had 4017 :rolleyes:

I'm thinking I just had the numbers confused last night

Koo-Koo , Koo-Koo :lol:

...272. :sad:

It seems like almost no one in the area seems to care for single guys! Doesn't matter though, I've gotten a few nice hits in the past few months.

viewed 11,824 in the last 30 days.

I think we need our profile reviewed again. We've only gotten 3 new emails. :(

:kissface:

viewed 11,824 in the last 30 days.

I think we need our profile reviewed again. We've only gotten 3 new emails. :(

:kissface:

It does make you wonder... if so many people are looking at your profile and so few are actually contacting you.

If I saw these types of conversion rates on the ads I post here I'd have to drop them! LOL.

Does anyone care, though? I had to even hunt for this feature ... just wondering if anyone gets annoyed at the numbers, one way or the other.

Wow, 3150 . . . and we've been getting more emails of late, too. Guess the ref outfit is a keeper, lol!

=)

so few are actually contacting you

I'm thinking our text may be weeding out some of the people we really don't want to meet anyway. ;) Harsh, but true.

Mrs. D

4807. We've been contacted by three couples and one single male in that time frame, but one of those parties just wanted us to open our private pics.

After reading this thread, I checked and found that our number was 2987. And, frankly, that seems unlikely--as do almost all the other numbers that have been posted. I base that conclusion on two things: 1) Like others, we've received precious few e-mails from new people--maybe 4 or 5--in the last 30 days. Even e-mails from Nigerian princes soliciting help in freeing up assets from Icelandic banks have got to get a higher percentage rate of return than that; 2) I used to check this number occasionally, and for a long time it was always in the hundreds. Of late, it's shot up and is consistently in the thousands--despite the fact that we haven't posted any new pics in years. And I can only infer from this that SLS must be tracking its numbers in some more inflationary way than it used to do.

Wow, we've only had 500 people check us out. We must suck. No one loves us. lol Seriously I believe it's a side effect of living in such small town. Oh well.

I've never put much value in the number of views our profiles have received, and more recently even less so because of something that happened on SLS.

We had our profile invisible to everyone - everyone was blocked from viewing our profile on SLS for a couple of months and during that time it said that our profile had been viewed 380 times in 30 days. I can't see how that can happen. I viewed our profile maybe 6 times during that period.

LM

1942 views in the last 30 days, and four new e-mails for the month. The e-mail count is actually up - we've not had any e-mails in a couple months.

4,144, but I hope all of you guys know that this number you see is not really the number of views within a month's period. Our number started at zero last August and have been growing in a linear fashion ever since. It should read "Viewed 4,144 times since last August". Have noticed on a couple of occasions that the number shoots up right before someone sends us a message. It's like, "Should I or shouldn't I. Hmmm, let's look again, then we can decide."

6091 times and we have single males blocked. I'm with SW PA Couple, though. I know that since the feature started, it's never turned over. You'd think on the first day of the month you'd see small numbers, but I never have.

Pepper

I'm sure it would be higher for those who have the external profile enabled... the extremely high numbers do make more sense if it hasn't actually rolled over each month. My guess is they originally wanted to do it every month but the numbers didn't look good so they changed it to total views and just never changed the text.

185 for us. So do we win for lowest?:lol:

Aw, lol, that's okay. You're catching up on me!

Funny though, I received 3 messages on SLS after posting here. :kissface: Maybe this thread is good luck!

1,216 in the past 30 days. I have to wonder if that is totally accurate or even honest on the part of the website. Swingular and Swappernet only show a running total and we are averaging 252 and 224 views a month respectively on those websites. How are we getting 5-times the views on SLS but we get 1/4 the emails on that site? It makes me wonder if the website owners don't inflate the number to retain paid membership because it appears you are getting so much action there.

One thing all the sites do though is count the same visitor as a new view each time they perv you. When collecting web traffic stats for commercial reasons you track "unique visitors" and "return visitors" which is a function of cookies. I wonder how the numbers would be different if they tracked just unique pervs.

We've had 1,498,436 views. :lol:

OK... really, we've only had 825. :) I'd say that's about right for what we've had total. There seriously aren't that many people around here. :)

I was just looking at the site and my guess is that it is a "total" views and that they are probably in the process of changing it to monthly views (I'm actually going to check with them to see which is the case). My conclusion comes from looking at the old style profile view where it actually shows it as "total profile views", whereas the new profile view shows it as "within the last 30 days".

That said, maybe we should also state how long we've been on there to be perved.... I would think those who have been there longer would have been perved more.

2057- We block singles and free members.
With this Swingers' Board thread as my inspiration, I decided to do a quasi-scientific experiment. Seven days ago I hid our profile (not the same as blocking) from single males. The number of views during this week's time was one third of what it had consistently been for the previous dozen. I think I have discovered something significant. I'm going to try the same thing with free members just to see what happens (or more to the point, what doesn't happen). Will let you know.

It does make you wonder... if so many people are looking at your profile and so few are actually contacting you.
Perhaps many people enjoy the voyeuristic thrill of browsing swinger ads even if they never contact anyone. Even we are guilty of that. Over the years, we have probably browsed through the ads of thousands of swingers that we have never contacted.

Seven days ago I hid our profile (not the same as blocking) from single males. The number of views during this week's time was one third of what it had consistently been for the previous dozen. I think I have discovered something significant. I'm going to try the same thing with free members just to see what happens (or more to the point, what doesn't happen). Will let you know.
Forgive me for quoting my own post, but the result of my quasi-scientific experiment is in. I re-opened our profile to single males and then hid it from the view of free members. Very little difference was detected in the weekly rate of views. Verified again by the fact that removing all restricitons on viewing did not cause a significant surge. It seems to be the single males who are perving.

Michael

Since I last posted in this thread, we are still invisible to everyone and our perv count has gone up from 380 to 1089.

LM

Since I last posted in this thread, we are still invisible to everyone and our per count has gone up from 380 to 1089.
Wow! Now I am going to have to rethink everything I thought I understood about the SLS system of counting views. Do you think that it is possible for people to whom you have already sent or received e-mail to be viewing you by clicking on you screen name where it is listed under their Mailbox? Can't imagine, of course, how this would boost your views from 380 to 1089. Confusion and confustications!

Wow! Now I am going to have to rethink everything I thought I understood about the SLS system of counting views. Do you think that it is possible for people to whom you have already sent or received e-mail to be viewing you by clicking on you screen name where it is listed under their Mailbox? Can't imagine, of course, how this would boost your views from 380 to 1089. Confusion and confustications!
Yes that's possible, because that would be the only way to open our profile now that we block everyone.

But it's extremely unlikely that anyone through their Mail List are checking our profile via past communication, since it's been so long since we've communicated with people through SLS.

LM

It is possible that the views are incremented whenever someone clicks on your profile. Your profile still shows up in searches and in anyones friends list who has you there, whether you have them blocked or not. I clicked on your profile LM in our friends list and got the blocked message. So, even if you are in someones friends list they can't actually open your profile.

good times just helped me with a test on SLS and apparently I'm wrong; people who have received mail from us CANNOT open our profile, even if they are on our Friends List and have access to our Private Pics.

LM

even if they are on our Friends List and have access to our Private Pics.

Yea, and that totally bums me out.:sad::D

good times ~

If we ever all head to another SB Meet Up I'll be sure to open our profile again. That's when MrLM and I ususally write people and say hello...and some people even get to see our private pics. :D

LM