PDA

View Full Version : Report a Club Closing

JustAskJulie
05-04-2006, 09:54 AM
If you happen to know that a club we have listed in the club listings is no longer open for business. Please feel free to report it here and I will verify it (yes I do verify such things - ya never know when some rival club might "decide" that another local club is no longer open). Unfortunately, clubs do close and it's not possible for me to go through the listings every day to try to verify who's still alive and who's not, so I do rely on you guys to let me know when you run into dead links, emails and phone numbers in the club listings. Should this occur, please post to this thread with the club name and location (in the US - state, in Canada - province, elsewhere - country).

EDIT** Please check the Club Listings before reporting a dead club. This should only be used to report clubs that we currently have listed but that are not longer operating. If it's not listed on the site, then there's really no purpose in reporting it closed.

Swingercast
05-04-2006, 04:01 PM
All vanilla club are now off-limits for us.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

gaznrachy
05-05-2006, 05:07 AM
not dead, but here are a few good ones in our area you might want to add

North West UK, Manchester area

http://www.cupidsmanchester.co.uk/cupids-manchester.htm

http://www.partners2partners.co.uk/index2.html

http://www.infusionblackpool.co.uk/index2.html

:)

JustAskJulie
05-05-2006, 09:25 AM
In regards to additions. We don't add clubs without the clubs approval. If you know of clubs that should be added, please contact the club and point them to this site and suggest that they add their info here.

Lusciousplay
05-05-2006, 08:08 PM
You may want to check out the Tabu Club in MD. I'm pretty sure it closed a few weeks ago.

Menage_a_Trois
05-06-2006, 06:58 PM
The Reno Riviera Club..............it was sold again and the new owners are not opening it back up as a lifestyle club. Peyton Place in Reno is also closed now too.

padoc
05-24-2006, 09:37 AM
PLEASE NOTE Tabu in Baltimore has never closed. There was a bit of media coverage back in March, some disgruntled "community activist" was outraged that people were having consentual sex in the club. The story received about 3 days of coverage and then fizzled out. Tabu is alive & well and is generally packed on Saturday nights.

BiloxiCouple
06-06-2006, 03:26 AM
Close Encounters of Mobile and Pensacola are closed pending future developments.

Close Encounters of Gulfport, Mississippi is still going. Check their website for schedule of events.

HeyNonnie
06-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Club Kama Sutra in Lehigh Valley, PA was closed before we ever got to go there. We've moved to AZ but have heard from PA swinger friends that the Philly location was shut down too.

racingdon
07-04-2006, 09:39 AM
Sunday was the final night at Topside. Rumer is they will reopen in Shelbyville. They were forced to close due to pressure from local groups. Look for condos to be built at the site in the future.Big buck have big power

BiloxiCouple
07-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I e-mailed topside and this is the response I received,
We have actually moved due to zoning issues. We are now in Shelbyville, IN on a 10 acre farm. We are open on Friday & Saturday nights and our website has been updated with all the specific information. www.topsideii.com

joseph3d
08-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Country Pleasure Ranch has not had a working web site in approximately a year.
A couple we know says they are gone.
Worth checking on their status maybe?

Address
North of Austin, Texas
Phone
N/A
Email
countrypleasureranch@earthlink.net

JustAskJulie
08-16-2006, 08:23 PM
I will look into that. Thanks for the update. I've been trying to go through the list and scour it this week, it's quite a job. I think I did about a dozen states and found about 40 dead links.

ShellyM
08-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Club Kama Sutra in Lehigh Valley, PA was closed before we ever got to go there. We've moved to AZ but have heard from PA swinger friends that the Philly location was shut down too.

whats the deal with PA, are they completely non swinger friendly, or what?

bear_and_babe
08-17-2006, 09:07 AM
whats the deal with PA, are they completely non swinger friendly, or what?

PA is very swinger friendly. Where I live in PA I can get to 4 swinger clubs in less then an hour. The town of Philly is not swinger friendly. The zoning board in Philly is on the war path with the clubs in their town. There was a big blowout because a news crew went into Club Kama Sutra with a hidden camera and filmed the inside. Then of course they did this long drawn out story on how bad swinger clubs were, yadda, yadda, yadda. So the board closed the club down, and now are looking for other clubs in the city to hound. From what I understand Club Kama Sutra has opened in a campground outside of the city, but they are only open on a limited bases. So I guess it comes down to, if you want to go to a club in PA, stay out of Philly and you will be ok!

WesternSwing
08-31-2006, 11:30 PM
PA is very swinger friendly. Where I live in PA I can get to 4 swinger clubs in less then an hour. The town of Philly is not swinger friendly. The zoning board in Philly is on the war path with the clubs in their town. There was a big blowout because a news crew went into Club Kama Sutra with a hidden camera and filmed the inside. Then of course they did this long drawn out story on how bad swinger clubs were, yadda, yadda, yadda. So the board closed the club down, and now are looking for other clubs in the city to hound. From what I understand Club Kama Sutra has opened in a campground outside of the city, but they are only open on a limited bases. So I guess it comes down to, if you want to go to a club in PA, stay out of Philly and you will be ok!
According to a couple news stories Kama Sutra is opening-up again in Coopersburg, PA for weekend parties. Of course the city is already trying to shut them down and they haven't even started.

Mr. WS

amid
09-04-2006, 07:14 PM
According to a couple news stories Kama Sutra is opening-up again in Coopersburg, PA for weekend parties. Of course the city is already trying to shut them down and they haven't even started.

Mr. WS
As of now the municipality where CKS is hosting their parties has all but admitted that the parties are legal and as long as consenting adults are doing their thing in private there isn't much they can do about it. Parties are being held in a liquor licensed hotel that is also licensed and approved for "Go-Go". The state police were out last Saturday to inspect before the party (more than likely at the Borough's request) and found everything to be in order and legal. Couples can legally have consensual sex in the hotel's rooms, just like anyone renting rooms at a hotel can. Couples can have fun in the bar and purchase liquor. They can also play on the stage and have fun as long as no liquor laws are violated. Ladies can even strip down to a g-string and pasties just as a dancer would. There can be no sex or exposure in the bar area, that has to be saved for the rented rooms upstairs. This is a perfectly legal way for swinging couples to have safe fun in a "strip bar" setting. Although the turnout was light on Saturday Night it was a holiday weekend. There was no news media, no pickets.. This should blow over in a matter of weeks as the locals realize that it is no worse than what people do in the privacy of their own homes and that this is perfectly legal! What Philadelphia did to CKS was wrong, however they did get CKS on some legal issues since the building they were using didn't meet zoning. This new party location is zoned and licensed.. soapbox

WesternSwing
09-06-2006, 09:28 AM
From an article that came across my email this morning about CKS:

Borough Council Vice President Paul McAndrew conceded the club`s activities, while chided by some residents, could fall within the law.

'If something is not illegal, and doesn`t disturb anybody nearby, and stays closed, it might be those people`s business and nobody else`s,' he said.

However, McAndrew said he plans to ask if Club Kama Sutra could be regulated under rooming house or hotel laws.
So although it looks good for awhile, it does look like they are investigating a different angle of attack.

Mr. WS

WesternSwing
09-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Yup, here you are, in yesterday's news:

Coopersburg moves to stop swingers’ club
The Morning Call

Coopersburg has issued a cease-and-desist order aimed at ending Saturday night swingers parties at a borough strip club.

Club Kama Sutra held its first $60-a-head party at Silouhette Showbar last week and had another scheduled for Saturday night. The borough said the parties violate borough law because the bar was converting itself into a members-only club for the parties and the district is not zoned for such a use.

amid
09-09-2006, 09:53 AM
[Coopersburg moves to stop swingers’ club
The Morning Call

Coopersburg has issued a cease-and-desist order aimed at ending Saturday night swingers parties at a borough strip club.

Club Kama Sutra held its first $60-a-head party at Silouhette Showbar last week and had another scheduled for Saturday night. The borough said the parties violate borough law because the bar was converting itself into a members-only club for the parties and the district is not zoned for such a use. ] Quote

Coopersburg has tried to stop this with what little ammo they have. The Cease and desist order is due to an alleged violation of zoning laws prohibiting private clubs. However what they don't realize is that this is not a private club. CKS is renting hotel rooms from Silhoette Showbar (A liquor Licensed Hotel in an approved adult usage area) to hold their "convention". They are partying in the bar which is open to the public. It is not private (and so does not constitute a zoning violation), however there is a "Cover" charge to cover entertainment and food. Bars and Clubs do this every day across the country. The cover charge is discounted if you hold a discount card if you do not hold a "discount" card and you choose to pay the FULL cover charge you are still allowed to enter the building (Bar area since the rooms are rented for a convention), it is open to the public as such. All this is Legal.. Coopersburg officials are trying to twist some events around in order to try this feeble attempt at keeping the Bar closed. They will open on Saturday night to the public with a cover charge. If CKS members choose to "Party" in the rented rooms that is their free choice to do. It is all perfectly legal and more important it goes on behind closed doors. For more information including some readers responses to this story as it unfolds go to the Morning Call in Allentown on google and do a search for Coopersburg. Some (most) of the replies in to the board are against the Borough and it's persecution of the "Witch". Kinda like we are in the dark ages yet.

BiloxiCouple
01-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Just to refresh your memories, if you see any links for club listed in the club section that is not working or an event that may have closed their doors, please let us know on this thread.

Also, if you go to a club that is listed in our club listings drop by club listings and leave a review. That is a great way for other people to find out what you think about a particular place.

getnit2gethr
01-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Spare Timez and Gutter Mindz in Toledo, OH appears to be dead. Never heard of it either.

getnit2gethr
01-12-2007, 10:46 AM
TCC in Sandusky, OH indicates that the site is temporarily disabled, whatever that means.

sven_kirk
05-27-2007, 07:45 PM
2Risque in Atlanta, Ga has closed its on-premise club yesterday (5.26.07).
The website they will be continue to operate But as an off-premise club, planning parties at various locations throughout the year.

tribbles
05-27-2007, 10:25 PM
Paradise view ca changed their name and web site. So the link here doesn't work.

I also can't get the link to the Castle in Lancaster Calif to work.

Thanks!

Swingercast
05-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Paradise view ca changed their name and web site. So the link here doesn't work.

Thanks!

Paradise View is now called Allure. It's at the same location but ownership has changed.

We were there a couple of months ago. Allure (https://www.allurecouples.net/)

Not sure when we will be back there but if we see the owner's we will be sure to ask them to update their info here.

John

Tia Vampire
05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
The Never Endind Bliss in Daytona Fla.
Heard that the neighbors complained about the parties, so the club was closed down. Very beutyful place. Too bad. Hope they open another spot.

curiousswingers
05-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Elite Swing outside of Pittsburg, when you click on the link it says they swing no more.

hamlet
06-06-2007, 10:44 AM
Black Tie Discretions in Binghamton is apparently defunct. There's a new off-premises club in the same area called "Discretions" (don't know if that's the whole name, but "Discretions" is at least part of the name), but I have no idea whether it's a resurrection of Black Tie or a whole new deal.

Also, the Rainbow Club in Rochester shut down a couple of years ago. The void has since been filled by another off-premises place called Rochester Social Club.

warkman
06-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Reasons to Say Yes (http://reasons2sayyes.com/) in Trinidad, Ca.
is no more. The link still works as does the site, until the domain expires at the end of this year.

Tom & Bonnie
06-07-2007, 08:02 AM
In Texas, these listed clubs are no longer in business:

Country Pleasures

Dantes Passion

The Playground

The Rustic Red House

RIP :(

gandm
08-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Club 440 in Ohio moved about a year ago to Milford OH (about 50 miles away). I believe the website, club440online.com, has the correct address.

BiloxiCouple
09-14-2007, 09:47 AM
http://www.rendezvous-lasvegas.com

This link was dead today.

BiloxiCouple
09-28-2007, 06:20 AM
Corinths Social and JnRs country hideaway clubs in Mississippi. The links with yahoo no longer work. Seems like a couple of years since they have been here.

rndydebind
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
Topside in Indy (had moved to nearby Shelbyville, IN) has definitely closed its doors.

twohots4u2
09-29-2007, 01:50 AM
2Risque in Atlanta, Ga has closed its on-premise club yesterday (5.26.07).
The website they will be continue to operate But as an off-premise club, planning parties at various locations throughout the year.

Too bad! 2Risque was the most fun club that we have ever been to. It had lots of dancing, partying, and on-site swinging. The atmosphere, management, and crowd there was just right. When we checked their web site we just saw where they were reopening in a new location in Oct 2007. Hope they keep it on-site swinging!

sunrise_sunset
10-02-2007, 04:15 AM
Aahz Party:

http://www.aahzparty.com/

Dead as of today!

frndsnmoremaybe
12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
The Valley Retreat will be hosting its last party on 12-29-07. We are very sorry to see it close. Have made a lot of friends there. Just thought those of you in N.E. Ohio would like to know. Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

BiloxiCouple
12-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the info about Valley Retreat. Their website doesn't mention this yet as far as I could tell.

rudrjunk
12-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Club Euphoria (www.clubu4ea.com) in Illinois is in a re-locating stage. No email replies or phone calls returned since the past 4+ months.

BiloxiCouple
12-29-2007, 07:29 AM
Club Euphoria (www.clubu4ea.com) in Illinois is in a re-locating stage. No email replies or phone calls returned since the past 4+ months.

Thanks for the info. Their website does mention this happening.

JustAskJulie
12-29-2007, 09:15 AM
Thank you for the updates we will follow up with the owners to ensure that the info we have posted is accurate.

BiloxiCouple
02-16-2008, 08:43 AM
Dead links:
Florida Clubs
http://www.loverslaneorl.com/
http://hometown.aol.com/thefantasyhouse1/thefloridafantasyhouse.h...

Alabama
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NASC_socials/ This one is in the process of shutting down and merging.

Arizona
http://www.mysecrethouse.com/

Arkansas
http://www.leengwen.com/

California
http://www.blondiesplayground.com/ Seems out of date.
http://www.freedomacres.com/
http://jayteeswingpalace.com/

That's it for now. Gotta finish spagetti sauce...

fun4Ds
02-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Topside in Indy (had moved to nearby Shelbyville, IN) has definitely closed its doors.

We are just curious. It was our understand that the TOPSIDE is a vanilla bar, open to the public, where you (may) find other lifestyle couples. And as we heard allot of singles there. We have thought of stopping in some time just to see.

Could you offer more info, or a review?

VegasLee
02-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Freedom Acres have chanced their domain to http://www.clubfa.com/

two4youinswva
03-02-2008, 06:41 AM
According to their website, Carolina Connections (http://www.carolinaconnectionsclub.com/) in Hickory, NC has ceased operations in Hickory.

BiloxiCouple
03-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Links not working.

http://nwxchange.com/ Washington State

BiloxiCouple
04-22-2008, 08:36 AM
lacouple has informed me that Club Amnesty in Orange County, California has closed.

JustAskJulie
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
lacouple has informed me that Club Amnesty in Orange County, California has closed.

It's not listed here. The article has also already been posted in the Swingers In the News forum, last week.

Cafe10s
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I believe Platos in Ft. Lauderdale is closed.

JustAskJulie
04-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I believe Platos in Ft. Lauderdale is closed.

We haven't had Platos listed in a while.

NakedInSeattle
05-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Northwest Exchange (NWX) in Washington (WA) is closed now, sadly.

tribbles
08-09-2008, 08:58 PM
ClubCB isn't CB anymore and the link is dead under California clubs.

I hear they will reopen with a new name later......

ClubEliteCpl
12-22-2008, 02:40 PM
The Pleasure Palace in Tampa, FL is closed as of Nov 2008

JustAskJulie
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the updates! Please keep in mind that this thread is here to help us keep the club listings (http://www.swingersboard.com/clubs/)up to date, so please check the club listings before reporting a closed club to see if it has already been removed.

Tom & Bonnie
12-26-2008, 04:47 PM
In Texas We're sorry to say that Club Radiance in Houston has closed along with Iniquity Houston. The Dallas Iniquity is still open and doing fine. In Austin, Aphrodites has closed down as well.

JustAskJulie
12-26-2008, 04:51 PM
THanks for the updates!

ncmd_couple
02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
"You Know Where" in North Carolina is temporarily closed. See their notice below:

It is with deep regret that we are temporally closing our doors for the next few months. As of today, February 13, 2009 the county has issued us a stop order and we have to stop doing what we are doing as of today. The reason being is that they no longer consider our club as a residence so we have to apply for a new building use permit and to bring our current building up to the new codes. This does mean that the Valentine's Day party for Saturday is cancelled.

As many of you already know we are in the process of building a new 6000 sq ft club. When we applied for our building permits the county had to come inspect our current building and has determined that we may no longer legally operate the club as is because of permit and occupancy codes due to zoning.

They told us that we had two choices, either we can continue to operate and we would be fined, or that we could fill out the proper paper work and get our current building up to code. We have decided to work with the county since they are trying to work with us and to temporally close the club and stop all parties until we have the building properly zoned and up to code.

We fill that by working with the county and doing as they ask to temporarily stop our parties that our relationship with them will be better, as they will try to work with us as quickly as possible instead of dragging their heels and taking their time. Unfortunately this process will take a minimum of two to four months.

We are very sorry that we have to do this as we looked forward to seeing all of you every week and having interesting stories about what went on during the party. Your friendship and support has meant a great deal to us over the last four years and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Just to make things clear because we know how rumors get started, the law did NOT close us down. We have simply agreed to comply with the county to stop having parties until we have the proper permits for the building, as they no longer consider us to be a residence and for the building to be up to code. We will reopen.

mrmass
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Club Sinz in New Hampshire has closed, I believe they lost there lease.

kita kain
02-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Ahhh, sounds like my favorite place. I help build the roof over the Jacuzzis.

NCfuncouple98
02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
"You Know Where" in North Carolina is temporarily closed. See their notice below:

I don't know which one you are referring to?

two4youinswva
02-19-2009, 05:23 PM
I don't know which one you are referring to?

Just in case you weren't being a wise-acre, the name of the club really is "You Know Where".

Seriously (http://www.youknowwherenc.com/) :)

NCfuncouple98
02-19-2009, 07:01 PM
Just in case you weren't being a wise-acre, the name of the club really is "You Know Where".

Seriously (http://www.youknowwherenc.com/) :)

Thanks - and I was being serious. LOL.

promonet
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
If you happen to know that a club we have listed in the club listings is no longer open for business. Please feel free to report it here and I will verify it (yes I do verify such things - ya never know when some rival club might "decide" that another local club is no longer open). Unfortunately, clubs do close and it's not possible for me to go through the listings every day to try to verify who's still alive and who's not, so I do rely on you guys to let me know when you run into dead links, emails and phone numbers in the club listings. Should this occur, please post to this thread with the club name and location (in the US - state, in Canada - province, elsewhere - country).

EDIT** Please check the Club Listings before reporting a dead club. This should only be used to report clubs that we currently have listed but that are not longer operating. If it's not listed on the site, then there's really no purpose in reporting it closed.

Club Sin-Sations in columbus has been closed for over two years now. club was only open for about 8 months. good owners sad to see it go.

mikeandjenn2001
01-14-2010, 02:00 AM
Club Temptations in Dayton closed this past November...of course, the weekend we were going to check it out, lol

crazinred
01-14-2010, 08:46 PM
The owners of Temptations are still saying they will reopen when a suitable location is found. We can only hope this will happen soon.
Tim & Brenda

Tom & Bonnie
01-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Julie, you might have missed this before but, as we posted on December 26, 2008... Aphrodites in Austin Texas, formerly known as Anchovies, is closed down and has been closed since Halloween 2008. Thanks.

mikeandjenn2001
03-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Club Cobra has recently closed. It is a shame too, there was a lot of potential.

AskMeOk
03-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Carolina Connections Club in Hickory, NC closed in February (2010).

SW_PA_Couple
10-30-2010, 05:56 AM
This announcement was posted at SwingLifeStyle Events Information:

SORRY TO SAY THAT THE RETREAT WILL BE CLOSED FOR GOOD AS OF 10/21/2010

GPHTallCouple
11-01-2010, 02:05 AM
SW_PA is the Retreat shutting down due to financial or was it closed down for other issues? Just curious if there is a possibility of a new owner bringing it back up and running some day.

The Retreat always had such a sexually charged atmosphere you really could feel that vibe permeate through it. Mr GPH and I really enjoyed the group room there.

SW_PA_Couple
11-01-2010, 07:31 AM
SW_PA is the Retreat shutting down due to financial or was it closed down for other issues? Just curious if there is a possibility of a new owner bringing it back up and running some day.

The Retreat always had such a sexually charged atmosphere you really could feel that vibe permeate through it. Mr GPH and I really enjoyed the group room there. It was becoming sport here in south-western Pennsylvania to trade speculation about the imminent closing of this club, when it was going to happen, why it was going to happen, who was planning to buy the place and operate it, even what the sale price might be. These stories have been passed around for years. I know only what I read at SwingLifeStyle.

GPHTallCouple
11-01-2010, 10:09 PM
True, not good to gossip. There has been a lot. I do hope it comes back up and running, regardless of who owns it and/or who runs it. I hope it isn't closed because of some ugliness with the local government.

SW_PA_Couple
11-24-2010, 09:47 PM
This announcement was posted at SwingLifeStyle Events Information:

SORRY TO SAY THAT THE RETREAT WILL BE CLOSED FOR GOOD AS OF 10/21/2010Paraphrasing Mark Twain, the announcement of the demise of this club seems to have been greatly exaggerated. Today's "Events" page on SLS shows three upcoming events for The Mountain Retreat. The Event Information pages seem to show the same sponsors and party host as in the past.

SW_PA_Couple
03-05-2011, 06:17 AM
An announcement was posted at SwingLifeStyle regarding the Divine Cabaret in Morgantown, West Virginia:

Divine's is officially Closed. Our Hotel Parties will start in late Spring from Florida to New York and all ports in between. Please look to your newsletters for further and future info.

Gennie Divine

Wishing her luck in her new endeavor and hope to see her some day again at one of these planned events.

warrencouple
03-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Sigh.

Just as we're starting to get into the pool, they close our local pool...

Got an e-mail newsletter today, The Suite in Windsor, Canada is closing their doors at the end of this month, due to a road expansion project which will take away their parking area.

Last party is 3/26...

They do say they are looking for a new location, but (obviously) no mention of when they may re-open...

Jason

bbarnsworth
03-11-2011, 01:06 PM
The Suite in Windsor, Canada

Hmm. As I recall, you live in Michigan. That must make for some interesting border crossings.

Border guard: "Nature of visit to Canada?"

You: "We're off to a swingers club to have sex with some hot Canadians!"

:lol:

warrencouple
03-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Hmm. As I recall, you live in Michigan. That must make for some interesting border crossings.

Border guard: "Nature of visit to Canada?"

You: "We're off to a swingers club to have sex with some hot Canadians!"

:lol:

Well, we get away with "we're going to a club."
"Which club?"
"The Suite, it's a small private club outside of Windsor."
"How long..."
etc...

The border crossing a couple years back for the Everything to do With Sex Show in London was much more entertaining...
:D

Jason

fun4us
05-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Caligulas temple in Atlantic City NJ is closed as of may 1st :sad: it was a great place

New Location

I'm personally inviting everyone to attend our Toga party on April 30th. It's the last party at the current location and promises to be a huge celebration. Many lasting friendships have developed because of our club. I want to thank everyone for making Caligulas a great place to play and work. The new location is only one block away with a huge parking lot across the street. Saint and Sinners Lounge will be housed inside the Diving Horse Inn and Couples Resort at 9 South Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd in Atlantic City. We hope to see all of you (couples only) at the free party on Saturday May 14th. Although the club will not be open for a few weeks, you'll have a sneak preview into what's waiting for you. How do you feel about a year round outside pool with a retractable roof? The club is unbelievable. I'm so excited. Best Regards, Michele

SwingLifeStyle Friend Message
Received: Friday 4/22/11

Learning
05-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Crap, the suite is closing. WTF :( that was my only hope for us. There's not too many good clubs in MI :(

EvilDoctor
06-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Two Toronto area clubs...

Club Eros is a dead link

http://www.cluberos.ca/

...which is a shame. It was the first club we ever went to, and I believe it was the oldest club in Canada. It couldn't make it to it's 40th anniversary. No doubt a victim to the proliferation of on-premise clubs that have sprung up in last 4 years.

Clubs Hers link has been hijacked

Nightclub Photos | Club | Las Vegas Nevada | Mezzanine | Living Rooms | Bar at Clubhers.com (http://clubhers.com/)

...and it shows no sign of reopening. Also a shame. We went there fairly often and had lots of fun.

On a happier note, Club 2250 is still up and running. It's becoming on-premise and moving to Brantford...:dncdick:

celtic239
06-20-2011, 10:03 PM
We have been vacationing in the St Pete area over the last few years and started to visit Club Elite. I understand that they are now closing their doors. Too bad, it was a really nice place with great people running it.

EvilDoctor
06-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Sigh.

Just as we're starting to get into the pool, they close our local pool...

Got an e-mail newsletter today, The Suite in Windsor, Canada is closing their doors at the end of this month, due to a road expansion project which will take away their parking area.

Last party is 3/26...

They do say they are looking for a new location, but (obviously) no mention of when they may re-open...

Jason

It's moved and reopened on June 18th. Unfortunately for it's former patrons, that move is to Toronto...

Welcome to The Suite (http://thesuiteinc.com/)

Interestingly enough, it's only a couple of buildings up on the other side of the street from Club M4 (http://www.clubm4.com/index.html).

It will be interesting to see how that goes...

PB&J
06-21-2011, 06:28 AM
It's moved and reopened on June 18th. Unfortunately for it's former patrons, that move is to Toronto...

Welcome to The Suite (http://thesuiteinc.com/)

Interestingly enough, it's only a couple of buildings up on the other side of the street from Club M4 (http://www.clubm4.com/index.html).

It will be interesting to see how that goes...

Yes, I'm not too hopeful for them in that location. They got off to a bad start because they are in a place that was formerly, briefly occupied by another club, Plume Noir, which totally alienated a sector of the swingers in Toronto because they sent out spam emails with cc lists of email addresses and FULL NAMES!! We were not part of the spam, thank goodness, but on a Toronto site we belong to the vitriol was plentiful. Then, when The Suite announced they were opening in that location, everyone on the Toronto site declared they would never darken the door, etc, etc. I mildly pointed out that we never got spammed so obviously it wasn't a Suite list, since we are Suite members, but that had little effect.

Aside from that, here's the problem with the Suite in Toronto. $75 dollars to get in. And unlike that lovely place in Windsor, you still have to buy your drinks once you've paid the $75. And just a few doors down, M4 often has a earlybird entrance of $10 or $20. Then there's Ozone. And Wicked. And X. And Oasis. And yes, 2250 in a few weeks.

I wish they'd opted for London. Then they'd have had a better chance of holding onto some of that Michigan clientele, without going into direct competition in a VERY crowded Toronto market.

a_d_xxx
06-21-2011, 07:25 AM
We'll be attending the open house at The Suite's new location on Friday.

We can post our impressions if anyone is interested.

D

good times
12-23-2011, 08:36 PM
The 1099 club in Reno, Nevada, is no longer in business. It has actually been closed for about 5 months now.

JustAskJulie
12-24-2011, 01:52 PM
The 1099 club in Reno, Nevada, is no longer in business. It has actually been closed for about 5 months now.

That's too bad. We had such a good time there when we all went during the Meetup/ Our Wedding weekend :)

donnaw
01-04-2012, 11:55 PM
The A2 Speak EZ Club in Milan, Mi. has closed. Sorry to hear this.

BiloxiCouple
09-11-2012, 02:13 PM
If you know of club that has closed, please let us know. We can update the swing club listings here.

If not listed here, others may need to know about it.

Thanks,

Billy

Luv2nightday
09-29-2013, 09:04 PM
According to HTS lifestyle "The Cave" Has closed but they are planning bigger and better things. I think the new membership may be limited though. I'll do more research and follow up.Have Fun Ya'll. :P

PB&J
09-30-2013, 06:38 AM
2250 is closed; formerly in Burlington, they moved to Brantford, and about a year ago now they closed that new location with no plans to re-open.

warrencple
01-20-2014, 06:17 PM
RFunAnFantasy is closing...
rfunanfantasy.com - Swinger Club Listings and Reviews (http://www.swingersboard.com/forums/clubs/michigan-25/rfunanfantasycom-982/)

Just contacted the hosts and got confirmation...
:-(

PB&J
01-21-2014, 07:42 AM
Apparently Wicked in Toronto is no more, as reported on a local swinger site. There's a sign on the door for non-payment of rent, so that's never a good sign. The rumour is they will re-locate, but those who have been there say it's gone downhill a lot in the last few years. And they now have a club in Buenos Aires, so maybe that's their priority.

PB&J
01-21-2014, 07:47 AM
By the way, I see you still have the Suite listed as open on the club listing; it's been closed for 3 years now (sob!).

two4youinswva
01-21-2014, 07:51 AM
Apparently Wicked in Toronto is no more, as reported on a local swinger site. There's a sign on the door for non-payment of rent, so that's never a good sign. The rumour is they will re-locate, but those who have been there say it's gone downhill a lot in the last few years. And they now have a club in Buenos Aires, so maybe that's their priority.

I checked their website and it says they are moving, and the new location will be available Feb/March 2014.

two4youinswva
01-21-2014, 07:54 AM
By the way, I see you still have the Suite listed as open on the club listing; it's been closed for 3 years now (sob!).

Thanks for the info. I deleted the club.

two4youinswva
01-21-2014, 07:57 AM
RFunAnFantasy is closing...
rfunanfantasy.com - Swinger Club Listings and Reviews (http://www.swingersboard.com/forums/clubs/michigan-25/rfunanfantasycom-982/)

Just contacted the hosts and got confirmation...
:-(

Thanks for the report. Their website does list them as closed, so I have removed the club from the listings.

warrencple
01-21-2014, 04:59 PM

I just want to ditto the (sob!)
Did run into Daryl the other night at RFun though!

donnaw
03-06-2014, 02:21 PM
RFunAnFantasy has a March 22 party listed on SLS. Wonder whats going on?

mauijanedoe
03-06-2014, 02:48 PM
RFunAnFantasy has a March 22 party listed on SLS. Wonder whats going on?

They're listing three upcoming parties after what looks like a six week vacation, so I'd say they're not closed. That doesn't mean I have any idea what's going on, though, as their website doesn't address any sort of closure other than a vacation break.

two4youinswva
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM
They're listing three upcoming parties after what looks like a six week vacation, so I'd say they're not closed. That doesn't mean I have any idea what's going on, though, as their website doesn't address any sort of closure other than a vacation break.

Interesting. When I checked the site in January after receiving a report, it definitely said they were closed.

I suppose circumstances have changed.

VegasLee
03-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Closed

Sexcess Las Vegas.com - Swinger Club Listings and Reviews (http://www.swingersboard.com/forums/clubs/nevada-31/sexcess-las-vegascom-1113/)

two4youinswva
03-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Closed

Sexcess Las Vegas.com - Swinger Club Listings and Reviews (http://www.swingersboard.com/forums/clubs/nevada-31/sexcess-las-vegascom-1113/)

Thanks for the info. Club website is dead, and club has now been removed from the listings.

warrencple
03-06-2014, 06:02 PM
Interesting. When I checked the site in January after receiving a report, it definitely said they were closed.

I suppose circumstances have changed.

Yes, we've gotten e-mails from them indicating that they are definitely back, and have a party coming up in a couple weeks.

Lionheart72
10-04-2014, 12:20 AM
Looks like Klub Layden in Muncie, Indiana has been shut down, though perhaps only until they find a new location. (Some local political shenanigans appears to have forced them to close their doors here.)

Lionheart72
10-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Looks like Klub Layden in Muncie, Indiana has been shut down, though perhaps only until they find a new location. (Some local political shenanigans appears to have forced them to close their doors here.)

Good news, looks like I may have spoken too soon. Layden is closed currently, for reasons which remain unclear at this time, but the excellent community there is working to get the door reopened, one way or another. I wish them the best of luck.