La Ti Da

Breast Augmentation/Implant Surgery Questions

My girlfriend has had 2 kids and as a result she has stretch marks on her breasts and they are (apparently) not as perky as they once were. She is self-conscious about them when she wears a bathing suit, some dresses and if she is naked around other people. I think her breasts are great and have told her so. She hasn’t been self-conscious around me for a while now.

She mentioned potentially getting breast implants to perk them back up to their original state before but we didn’t really have them in our budget. We agreed that since I already love her breasts it was a frivolous expense.

But I play some serious poker and we would joke before my tournaments that I was going to win her a boob job. Well, I won a big tournament about a week ago and they are very much within our budget, if we decided that’s something we want to do.

Any recommendations on finding a qualified doctor that does this? I searched Google and didn’t find any advertising in our city, but there must be. Also, anyone have any good / bad experiences with this? Neither of us want her to get big breasts… I like them small… but she wants to fill up that loose skin.

Thanks.

Neither of us want her to get big breasts… I like them small… but she wants to fill up that loose skin.

It's not necessary to get implants to get perky boobs back, unless there is virtually no breast tissue left. Some women are cursed that way...after nursing kids, their formerly full/perky breasts are like empty socks with nothing in them. If I had that issue, I would feel that I might "need" implants. But as it is, I really dislike implants, the way they look, the way they feel.

I had mine lifted 1.5 years ago. The procedure is simply called "breast lift". You can search the Internet with this term to see before/after results of this. They're all natural, nothing artificial inserted in there. They last "forever", nothing else needed in the future. It's like having 20-year-old pre-kid boobs again, and they just age naturally from this point forward. I love my boobs since they're lifted. I went from droopy D to perky C. I can literally wear anything I want. I wear bras to work and stuff, but I don't "need" bras. As with any surgery, there are scars, but mine faded very well, they are very fine lines - you would have to really look for the scars now to even notice them. (Get the best surgeon who does the best/finest work with incisions - ask lots of questions.)

Any recommendations on finding a qualified doctor that does this?

Seek a board-certified plastic surgeon. Use the term "board-certified plastic surgeon" when you are searching for the right doctor. It's advised to get at least 2 and preferably 3 consultations with different surgeons to get their opinions on the degree of surgery needed, their quotes, etc. Your wife will want to choose the surgeon she has the most confidence in. She should write down every question and ask everything at consultations.

Some women get a breast lift (what I had) and breast implants. Depending on the degree of droopiness, implants alone cannot lift the breasts significantly. If her boobs point south, they'll just be big and still pointing south with implants in them, and heavier. Does that make sense? Every woman is an individual case. The surgeons need to look at her to give her the best advice. They not only look at her, they need to hear her goals, what kind of look and feel she likes best, etc.

There are different kinds of incisions for breast lifts depending on how much lift is needed. There are different ways to put implants in if she gets those & different places for those incisions. There are many different kinds of implants (different shapes, textures, types). As I said, there are three main choices: getting only a lift, or just implants put in, or a lift + implants. Bottom line: nobody here can tell you exactly what your girlfriend should get or what will work best for her.

Implants: they wear out and need to be replaced periodically. This means more future surgery - you're never really "done" when you get those, everyone who has them will eventually end up going back for replacements. This is something to consider. If she'd rather do once-and-done, a lift will do that.

Here's a great resource for locating a board-certified plastic surgeon:

Plastic Surgeon Referral Service, a free offering provided by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS)®. All of the surgeons listed through this service are board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® and/or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada® and are ASPS members or Candidates for Membership. You can search for a surgeon by geographical area or name.

Find a Plastic Surgeon | American Society of Plastic Surgeons

I had a similar situation after 2 children and both being breast fed. I did have implants and I'm extremely happy with that decision. I do agree with chosing a board certified surgeon after all the horror stories I have seen. I went to a doctor who had performed the same surgery on 2 of my close friends.

Great thread. I've been wanting a "breast lift" for a while. I think, like your girlfriend, it's mostly a personal thing. Once upon a time was a much perkier C, to my current D cups, and while the size is great, I'd rather they be perky again, even if a bit smaller. That was one of the first things my Pet pointed out to me when we saw each other again after 10 years.... "your breasts are bigger than I remember". Luckily, this wasn't the first thing he said to me :)

Thanks Tybee & Elly for the recs. Ellyanne did you get your work done in Nashville?

JustAskJulie said:
Ellyanne did you get your work done in Nashville?

Yes! I highly recommend Dr. Frenchman he is amazing and I've personally met 3 people who have gone to him (1 of those people went twice, she recently had them redone b/c it had been 3 years).

Hubby's sisters both went to him as well. He is amazing.

I compared my boobs to the old lady on Something About Mary after breast feeding my second child. Stretch marks and they shrunk 2 sizes as well as felt (and in my opinion looked) just saggy and empty.

I got them done as a full D but after 3 years they are now a DD which is fine with me I love them.

Remember the main complaint from women who get implants is they wish they had gone bigger. Don't make that mistake.

We paid around $4k to have them done and again we both LOVE them. A close friend of mine went to a different doctor and she paid over $5k and hates hers (she says they are too small).

I have minimal scars two small (very small) scars under my breasts.

I think if you can improve something you should (within reason), no one ever minds when you improve your mind or body through exercise, if you have breasts (or anything else) you really don't like and can't be changed any other way you should do it. Only problem is when people use it as an alternative to exercise or a decent diet.

Wow...new here and found this which is great. As someone who has had 3 kids, lost a large amount of weight I am now deflated for lack of a better term. I actually have a PS appointment in the morning to proceed with a lift and implants. Would have just went with the lift if there had been any volume left LOL.

I am hoping to get the new benni (sp) lift where there is no scarring but not going get hopes up. As someone above said the fear of size. That's 1 thing my PS did comment on...women will definitely be larger for the first couple months and then when things "settle" they are disappointed. They liked the larger.

One thing I have found odd but appears to be true...A natural ____(fill in size) is larger than an implant___. Keep that in mind. I would have thought the opposite..Anyway, just wanted to comment. I know my insecurities from this prevent me from fulling letting go is alot of situations.

Good luck at your appointment! Ask everything. Also, ask to see an album of this surgeon's past work with breast lifts. (Make sure it's this surgeon's work, not just a random collection of before/afters.)

My breasts are firm, symmetric, attractive, perky and all those wonderful things - but small. I thought of implants, but among other concerns is how they feel (to the fondler, that is, not the wearer)? Does it feel natural or like a synthetic squishy ball? Thanks.

My breasts are firm, symmetric, attractive, perky and all those wonderful things - but small. I thought of implants, but among other concerns is how they feel (to the fondler, that is, not the wearer)? Does it feel natural or like a synthetic squishy ball? Thanks.

I have seen (and felt) decent implants and really, really bad implants. The ones that feel most natural tend to be the smaller implants.

I want to stress that such a thing is a highly personal decision and I would never presume to tell another person what kind of body modification they should do. Having said that, I really, really like natural breasts, especially smaller ones. Having breasts lifted is something that fits my personal aesthetic once they've started to sag, and for those as someone above mentioned where most of the original tissue is gone and they are left looking like empty socks I can appreciate an implant. But if it is just a matter of adding size I generally am not in favor of it.

When the discussion of "real" versus "fake" breasts came up amongst some of my friends a while back ... it was the 16 year old boy (who happened to be sitting nearby) who chimed in with the greatest words of wisdom we'd heard all night:

"If I can touch them... they're real to me"

Having been fortunate to have had the opportunity to closely examine many "artificially enhanced" breasts over the years, I can make a stab at answering your question.

Most that I have seen you could tell they were fake by looking at them, and for sure once you have had a chance to touch them. A few were so good you could hardly tell they weren't the real thing though. Of those, the one thing they almost all had in common is that they were the ones that were done under the muscle. Their have been a few that I have seen that weren't done under the muscle that looked pretty good, but all of them that I have seen so far you could definitely tell when you gave them a little squeeze.

Unfortunately, the majority of boob jobs I have seen weren't very good ones. They not only didn't look natural, but didn't feel natural either. That is mainly determined by how good the doctor that did them is. The only way to reliably determine which doctors are good at it and which are not, is to see the boobs he has done in the past, in person. Pictures mean nothing, by the way. If that isn't possible, then it is luck of the draw. Which probably explains why I have seen so many that really were not very well done.

Since I still refuse to discriminate between real and enhanced breasts, I vow to continue the research. :lol:

Tacking onto what GoodTimes said...

I remember an online poll a few years back that displayed a number of women topless, and asked you to determine if their breasts were unaltered if if they had had implants. I got over 80% right. As a group, men were able to tell when women had had implants over 70% of the time.

That's not to say that implants are bad, even if you can tell.

Tacking onto what GoodTimes said...

I remember an online poll a few years back that displayed a number of women topless, and asked you to determine if their breasts were unaltered if if they had had implants. I got over 80% right. As a group, men were able to tell when women had had implants over 70% of the time.

That's not to say that implants are bad, even if you can tell.

Absolutely. It's generally easy to tell real from fake: especially once a woman lies down. Usually fake ones feel different as well, but that does not mean that they feel bad. Even Katrina remarked that she liked the fake breasts of a woman we played with. It was the first time she had felt fake breasts and she had a long history of outright disliking the idea of fake breasts. She remarked a few times later that they looked very nice, felt very nice and she now doesn't see the big deal about getting them or not. If it works for the woman, she's all for it.

Not better or worse, just different :)

I prefer real, even if that means small or saggy...

Now I will say this though, a woman's attitude is way more important to me than her breasts. So if it makes her more confident and happy to have implants. Then by all means, I'll support you....in more ways than one. :) Haha.

:D

I did have silicone implants for a while. Hubby was afraid they would feel not real but he coudn't feel much of a difference. Him and my BF they both were saying it felt pretty natural. Unfortunately my body didn't want to accept them and it's the other story. I had to take them out. Now I only have a lift. They look great, they feel great and I don't need to be worried about changing implants or doing any adjustments in a future.

Over the years, I have seen some beautiful breasts that were enhanced. Sometimes I could tell by looking that they were enhanced, sometimes not. Sometimes I could tell by feel that they were enhanced, and once I could not even feel it (she told me).

Right now I am mainly swinging with an old high school friend whose boyfriend talked her into getting a boob job about 4 years ago. She has plenty of money and paid top dollar for the job. She looks GREAT.

As I look back on 23 years of swinging, I have to say that the women whose breasts I enjoyed the most were not enhanced. They were mainly C or D size,, marvelously shaped, and, most importantly, accessible!

One thing to keep in my mind: at best, you can only expect them to last about ten years (mileage may vary). At some point they have to come out and then what will you want to do? Put new ones in that are bigger? A breast lift? Back to natural? It's important to remember that it's a long-term issue.

I heard somewhere that during a breast lift operation the nipples were re-positioned, which resulted in the woman losing sensation in her nipples. Every once in a while, my wife thinks she might have a lift done, but the thought of her losing feeling in her nips is a real downer. She loves it when I caress them and neither of us want to lose that.

Nurse had implants about seven years ago to tighten and enhance. She then went back a year ago to have a reduction and lift due to back pain. She did not lose any sensation in her nipples and is much happier this time.

One recommendation - rub vitamin E on your scars after in incision heals. Do it at least twice a day for about three to six months. It works wonders. We bought a bottle of capsules and just broke the capsules and rubbed the liquid on the scars. ~Captain