funforall

Shaving the boys?

How do you do this properly?

I've tried a couple of times and each time it looks like I went a couple of rounds with Freddy Krueger. I have pretty big balls and the sleeping bag is so soft and velvety that when I try to run a razor over them it snags like a bear trap. That's when the blood shows up and the crying begins. I like the grass above the pole and can trim that pretty easily to make it presentable. It is when I get to the nether regions that the steady hands with nerves of steel come into play. Since the making my fellas slick and smooth doesn't work with razors, I thought a trim would do. Well now it is prickly and feels like I have five o'clock shadow. No woman in her right mind wants their face rubbing against that. I don't like pain or have the time to pluck them out 1 by 1. That leaves me with Nair. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I want to put a chemical that makes hair fall out near my sensitive jewels. It is pretty tender down there and not sure what the reaction would be. I'm not a guiney pig. So, what do you fellas use to make your package slick and smooth as a baby ass?

Thanks for taking the time to help a brother out.

For me: I am kind of old fashioned when it comes to shaving tackle. I use an old double edge gillette razor. The kind that you twist the bottom of the handle, the top opens up and you drop in a double edge blade. Screw it back down, and then can adjust the amount of blade exposed. Anyone over 50 knows this kind. I also only use soap, never shaving cream. Here is how this is better than the other way (tried with one of the sons disposable and cream the first time): First, you can adjust the amount of blade exposed, not as much chance of nicking yourself. I now do it with the blade fully extended just like for my face. Next, by using soap, you can let some dry a little bit. In case you haven't noticed for other areas of your body, when soap dries it gets sticky. This lets you get a good grip and stretch the sack so that it is flat. Finally, in case you were taught to shave with a disposable or electric short (1" or less) strokes. More and you start slipping and cutting. Good luck, Mrs. Couple loves the feel of super smooth nuts. I actually get a closer shave on my sack than on my face.

I am very hairy between the knees and the navel. I just am. Hair all the way down to the glans. :eek:

I can't help it. I was born that way. (Well OK, I emerged from puberty that way.)

I trim the hair on my sac with scissors. I just carfully cut it back until it is just long enough to be soft. I have never been able to do it successfully with a razor or trimmer.

The perenium (taint) and pubes get a trimming with the trimmer. Just long enough to be soft and getting a little longer out toward the thighs and tummy hair.

I wax my cock. It's the only way that I've found to get it baby smooth when I'm so hairy. I enjoy sex and even masturbation more without all that hair.

When I tried waxing my ballsac, it bled a lot. No more for that.

I also practice some manscaping on the shoulders and back and try to integrate the whole look.

I've said it before and will again: "If you are a hairy guy and just shave your tacklebox, you look like you are wearing furry, crotchless pantyhose."

Your mileage may vary. A few potential playmates have been turned off by the fact that I am not shaven from the nose down. I got over it pretty quickly. It's pretty easy to tell that I'm a real blonde though. :lol:

Mr. FC4L

I know you asked advice from the "fellas", but I thought I'd add my 2 cents...

My b/f uses that battery operated shaver, it "vibrates" in a way. When he bought me the female version (Venus Vibrance), I was like how is that any different than my normal Schick razor? He gave me the comparison of slicing bread. An electric knife works better than a standard knife, it cuts better, easier, smoother...this shaver is the same way. It moves the blades (you can't tell it is doing this) and everything is smooth and velvety. I think it is a Gillette.

Side Note: OMG...don't use Nair...just tried that on my female "jewels"...Very, Very bad idea...it burns!!!

Good luck!

Wrap them in a hot, wet towel for about 10 minutes, then trim, then shave. Should be fine as long as the boys are very warm, soft and wet. ;)

Actually, some people can't shave, for some it is impossible to do without cutting yourself. I also have this problem, my skin is very fragile and the hair follicles rise prominently above the skin. A razor will cut off the hair follicles just as easily as the hair. I have a set of Wahl clippers and they do the same thing unless I use a plastic clip on guard over the blades, then it works fine. So I keep mine nicely trimmed with the clippers and call it good.

Because I prefer the cleaner shave of a razor (on my face) over the feeling that I'm left with after using an electric razor, I've never tried an electric razor on my "boys".

I'm going to dust off my electric razor tonight and try it out. If I can get the thing charged (haven't used it in years) I'll report back with my findings.

Trim before you shave and it does not "pinch" as much.

I clipped my sack the other day using small scissors. :eek:

I just use a pair of trimmers with a plastic guard usually. If I shave it seems like it gets stubble very quickly and that's uncomfortable for everyone.

I'm not sure which is more desirable. Shaven or trimmed.

I (Bud) used Nair once. Ignored the instructions not to use down there at all. Further ignored the instructions NOT to wet the region with hot water first. Further ignored the instructions not to repeat within 24 hours (I soaked in hot water, applied the cream, waited a while. Washed off, with hot water, applied again and washed off with hot water.

NOT wise!

I couldn't sit for about 3 days.

It was agony. I almost went to hospital except I figured "What can they actually do for me?" I came to the conclusion "Nothing at all".

I now shave with a disposable. I shave at least once every day and maybe the skin toughens up the same as a guy's face does with regular shaving, but I could shave blindfold now and not experience any nicks or discomfort.

SuAndBud said:
I (Bud) used Nair once.

I couldn't sit for about 3 days.

Ouch! Ouch!! Ouch!!!

I'm glad you survived BUT please do not attempt this blindfolded! We all want to hear about your swinging adventures for many many more years to cum!

So tonight I got out the electric razor and tested it out! NO THANK YOU! The electric razor pinches and hurts! Maybe I'm a pussy when it comes to my balls but I'm sticking with a good razor.

Swingercast said:
Ouch! Ouch!! Ouch!!!

So tonight I got out the electric razor and tested it out! NO THANK YOU! The electric razor pinches and hurts! Maybe I'm a pussy when it comes to my balls but I'm sticking with a good razor.

Some electric razors work and some don't. While I usually shave in the shower using one of those vibrating razors, I sometimes us a Braun 5775. It works. I tried it with an older Braun shaver and it was painful.

1. Always do it in the shower at the end of your session.

2. Use the same stuff the ladies use for shaving. It seems to be thicker and less apt to come off in the water. I use bar soap first and then cover that with the ladies shaving cream. We both use the Skintimate brand.

3. I have tried all forms of razors. The best are, again, the same the ladies use. I like the triple edge disposable ones. Good luck.

I LOVE COOCHIE CREAM.

I actually prefer the men's razors. The vibrating ones I find are best.

I just started using coochie cream and NEVER have had a closer shave. It may seem to cost a lot but the size of the container is huge, so the price in the end is cheaper. AND if you don't like it as a shave cream you can use it as hair conditioner.

I've been shaving the "boys" for years, and this is what works for me; I usually do it in the shower, use shampoo, pull the sac up tight so it creates a smooth plane on which to use the razor, and I use a disposable.

Good luck, I think you'll be fine once you get the "hang" of it.

I can't shave, either. I just keep it trimmed and short down there instead. If there was a way for me to do it and not cut myself all up I'd give it a try, but I haven't found it yet.

I like the Mach III with the tough beard Mach III gel. I shave everyday to avoid ingrown hairs. Sharp razor only...using a dull razor will make you NEVER want to attempt this again.

It becomes second nature after awhile. Much easier than shaving my face, I hate that.

You guys that are cutting yourselves, you've got to resist the urge to press to get the job done. This is a finesse kind of thing...hold the razor LIGHTLY, and manipulate your scrotum into position. "Thumb up" the soft places and let the razor follow the contours...don't try to make your parts conform to pressure...you won't like yourself.

I've shown guys who are secure enough how to shave, many didn't think it could be that easy...

Practice on your SO, great place to hone your skills... facelick

Shave in the shower and use a Gillette razor, either a Mach 3 of some sort, a Venus, or one of the newfangled 5-bladed battery operated variety. Schick blades cut me all up but Gillette razors give a nice smooth shave and the extra money is well worth it.

I used to shave EVERYTHING, all I had was a goatee, and I'm a naturally hairy guy so that meant spending 40 minutes or so just shaving in the shower 2 or 3 times a week, legs, arms, etc. It was an interesting novelty at a time in my life when I was a little more 'adventurous' than I am now, Julie might remember me from back then :)

I read this thread yesterday and it sparked a new interest. I haven't shaved the backside of my balls in many years, but I shave the shaft and front side of the sack several times a week. I remember when I used to shave the backside, it would bu uncomfortably prickly when the 5 o'clock shadow appeared and the skin would sometimes stick to my legs and cause some undesirable pressure when I would move quickly without thinking about it first.

Anyway, I did it in the shower with a new blade and no problems. Smooth as glass and no nicks. I shaved all the way back to but not including the back door. When the juices started flowing and my balls got glazed with her delicious nectar, the feeling of coolness and the fresh sensations made me think it was well worth while. I'm not sure if I'll continue, but last night was tons of fun.

So, back to the original thread, I can't offer any advice cause it was pretty straightforward (there's a pun I don't see every day). Keep at it, it ain't rocket science.

Personally, we prefer shave each other, much easier for him to see mine and for me to see his... Plus it is incredibly intimate and erotic for him to have my hands down there moving his member this way and that and handling his boyz, stretching the skin to avoid nicking him etc. (plus, I can lean down and orally tease him every so often, he loves it!)... and vice versa him spreading my lips and getting into those hard to reach places etc... Did I mention that it's incredibly intimate?

Now, as for tools... if you have an electric clipper set... they usually come with a much smaller mustache trimmer... it's perfect for those of you who don't mind a wee bit of stubble, it's what we use 99% of the time, and is really not very noticeable (plus there's the vibration factor).... on special occasions we break out the Mach 3 or the new 5-blade razor after using the trimmer (the 5-blade leaves less razor rash on both of us so we kind of prefer it now.) AND... we only use the shaving soap... leaves the skin much softer than the cream or gel, and helps to avoid the razor rash as well...BTW, I want to reiterate...it is INCREDIBLY intimate.

Of course you would have to have a very high degree of trust in your SO to allow them down there with a razor... Did I forget to mention how intimate it is?

Bar none, it is the most intimate thing we do with and for each other... well IMHO.

I'm a pretty big guy with a bit of a gut so its not easy for me to just sit down and shave. So...

For everything on the pelvis I just trim with the clippers and then shave while looking in the mirror. For everything else, cock shaft, balls, taint, and ass, I just squat in the shower and go slow. I use shaving gel, not foam. I get myself smooth as silk every time.

I score really high on non-visual manual dexterity tests, in other words I don't have to be able to see my hands for my hands and fingers to do a job requiring dexterity. I can field strip and re-assemble an M16 blind folded and I'm an artist so I'm just good with my hands.

The key in any case in my opinion is to just take your time and go slow. Pulling the skin taught helps too, and by all means don't go against the grain, shave in the direction the hair is growing. Above all your angle MUST be correct or you'll slice yourself every time.

I trim above the shaft and shave smooth the rest. I use the Gillette 4-blade razor and Aveno shaving gel. Works great for me. I have been doing so for 5 years now and feel weird letting it grow. My better half is the same way and I enjoy what she does as much as she enjoys me being smooth.

Personally instead of using a razor or use some stuff called "magic cream" ... it can be found at all the drug stores and at Wally World even...

It is a powder that you mix in a paste, apply for about 12 to 15 min and wash off...can use every where.

It is a cream meant for black men who have heavy beard and sensitive skin...will be in the same section as shaving cream and razors.

Throw the razors away and use this much better results IMHO.

Personally instead of using a razor or use some stuff called "magic cream" ... it can be found at all the drug stores and at Wally World even...

It is a powder that you mix in a paste, apply for about 12 to 15 min and wash off...can use every where.

It is a cream meant for black men who have heavy beard and sensitive skin...will be in the same section as shaving cream and razors.

After watching my wife very nearly burn her coochie off when someone suggested this, you won't catch me getting Magic powder anywhere near my private parts. :eek:

Glad it works for you, but many people are very sensitive to depilatory creams, and it can result in some nasty burning/redness/etc.

So, buyer beware. ;)

EDIT: Aaaand, I was a minute too late. GT beat me to it. (Shakes fist at GT)

Well save money, and this will sound crazy guys, but I swear it works great and leaves no redness or anything, but use conditioner! Let it sit a sec or so, and shave it off then rinse.

I also use the 4-blader... cleaner shave with no nicks.

Guest ic7175

Believe it or not, I find the best way is to dry shave them before the shower. I just use a normal face razor. Don't ask me why I first tried this but I find it much less irritating than shaving with soap or shaving cream. It works better for me too, shaving in the shower is hit or miss and it takes many tries to get everything smooth.

I trim above with a beard trimmer regularly and shave the shaft daily. The boys get trimmed regularly and shaved occasionally as it seems hard to keep it trimmed short and even. The occasional shave gets rid of all the long strays and makes the trimming much easier.

One time I tried an electric razor.....DON'T ever do it. I had a rash for a week! Now I use the Mach 3 with Skintimate women's gel. Works great and have to agree it is a finesse thing. BTW, I use the Skintimate on my face as well and have never gone to using anything else

I clipped my sack the other day using small scissors. :eek:

Well I can tell everyone I never use scissors out of fear of cutting....

But as also mentioned I usually trim everything with beard trimmers with a guard first then everything on the balls, trim with a hand razor (gillette fusion non-vibrating) I'm scared of what a vibrating razor would do. However, the triple blade floating head, with a a light touch and upward frontal stroke do a decent job. One more stupid note, but worth adding: In the shower, and add lots of soap. I don't use shaving cream down there, as I feel like I might cut myself more easily than my face. I've been shaving my face for 20 years, maybe in 10-15 more years I'll feel comfortable with shaving cream and a razor down there.

But quite honestly, if I wasn't scared of desensitizing myself down there, I'd lazer all the hair from my sack and around the lower portion of the shaft, then just trim the rest with bead trimmers on a regular basis. Lazering the face and leaving places for my side burns to grow doesn't sound like a bad idea either though.

Ok I'll quit rambling now, because well that's my 2 cents...

Well, I don't shave per se, because I'm a pretty hairy fellow. And if I seriously shave down there, it looks pretty silly (imagine the entire front of my body with hair with my genitals being completely bald. It'll look like I have an unfortunate accident with a sex toy and a road flare.)

As such, I'll trim down there ("manscaping"), leaving a little hair so it doesn't look odd. I usually use a electric beard trimmer set to the closest setting (setting 1) before I get into the shower. Also, the chances of me getting nicked are very low (but not nil if I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing).

I just recently started shaving the boys and trimming the rest. I use and electric trimmer with a guide for the trimming... I haven't used a razor on the boys or nether region yet, just an electric personal trimmer like for nose or ear hair.... this seems to work pretty well... my question is what do you all do after? I'm not about to put aftershave down there, LOL... what about a powder?

I just take a shower and use body wash down there afterwards. Since I'm actually leaving a bit of hair left, this seems to do the trick.

We use the old sugaring technique and its is so simple to be hair free. If you dust the area with Talc or corn starch first the sugar(toffee) only sticks to the hair and the cloth strip not to the skin. Been doing this for each other about 3 years now and hair is much more sparse and we go about 6 weeks between sessions. There are plenty of sugar recipes on the net.

There is a product called Skintimate after shave gel and it is the greatest thing to relieve the redness or irritation.

Hard to find but well worth the search. We got ours last time via ebay. Good stuff!

Shaving for me is a sexual turn-on. I usually get nice and hard when I begin the process. I was scared to death at first and was sooooo careful, the first time. Nice and slow for me. Now it is a snap. I use the new vibrating razors and lots of just plain old hand soap, and lots of water. I lather up and begin with the sack and move up. I make sure at the top I shave with the grain in the downward direction, makes for an easy time of it. Very few nicks for sure, occasionally I get one and then use liquid skin (you can buy it at the drug store). The stuff stings for an instant then dries and protects and the nick heals from the inside quickly. After shaving I use after shave cream all over the cock and balls and they come out sooo smoooth. Now if I could just get my wife to enjoy the smoothness as much as I do.

Shaving the boys is a two hand job. I am right handed so the razor is in the right hand. The left hand is for making the sack skin tight. So I start by pushing the boys over to the left and shave only where the skin is tight on the right side. Then I push the boys to the right, then up, and then the tricky part of one boy right and one boy left and shave the middle.

Also baby oil the boys 1 to 4 hours before you plan to shave and when ready to shave I use hair conditioner. Works better the shave cream or gel for me.

And finish with a baby oil coating, no razor burn for me

I've tried a couple of times and each time it looks like I went a couple of rounds with Freddy Krueger. I have pretty big balls and the sleeping bag is so soft and velvety that when I try to run a razor over them it snags like a bear trap. That's when the blood shows up and the crying begins. I like the grass above the pole and can trim that pretty easily to make it presentable. It is when I get to the nether regions that the steady hands with nerves of steel come into play. Since the making my fellas slick and smooth doesn't work with razors, I thought a trim would do. Well now it is prickly and feels like I have five o'clock shadow. No woman in her right mind wants their face rubbing against that. I don't like pain or have the time to pluck them out 1 by 1. That leaves me with Nair. Now I don't know about you, but I'm not sure I want to put a chemical that makes hair fall out near my sensitive jewels. It is pretty tender down there and not sure what the reaction would be. I'm not a guiney pig. So, what do you fellas use to make your package slick and smooth as a baby ass?

After watching my wife very nearly burn her coochie off when someone suggested this, you won't catch me getting Magic powder anywhere near my private parts.:eek:

I am sorry that your wife had issues with magic cream....did she use the type that is in the tube or the comes in powder form and mix up...?

I have seen the tube but not use...always used the powder and never had a burning problem or even any thing close to that...

It was the powder that you mix up, it gave her a second degree burn, kind of like a bad sunburn. It actually hurt my ears when she used it, I am pretty sure I have some permanent hearing loss from all that screaming.

I tried it for the first, and last time, last summer. I nicked the sack and bled like a stuck pig for about three days. I've gone natural ever since.

Believe it or not...baby powder works well with a razor and it is a hospital trick we use often to shave any area on the body that needs to be.

But my Thor uses an electric trimmer to trim himself and he had to learn as to which setting on the trimmer head to use in order to not pinch his tender folds up into the trimmer and "slice & dice". Shaving with a razor across such a convoluted skin surface is next to impossible anyway without drawing blood.

And honestly, there is a length of hair stubble which is comfortable when you have intercourse or when givng a BJ, and then there is that length which gives you a 1000 pin pricks and rubs our little girl area raw after a hour or so of partying. Even Thor can feel his own stubble prick himself with each stroke if he trims way too close. And most girls who shave all the time over all the area breakout with irritation and do not have the appearance which they wanted to show off.

Laser hair removal works for certain skin types and we even know a guy who endured 8 sessions to remove all his pubic hair. He told us of pain he suffered which he now claims was worth all the expense and pain medications.

So try the baby powder if you must use a razor, but try a hair trimmer with a guard with several depth settings, and go slowly so as not to push your skin up into the blades. Do not try to use a rotary face shaver as it pulls the skin up into the shaving heads.

Otherwise, personal hygiene makes all the difference for me and there are no repeat performances without good hygiene whether you are shaved, trimmed or natural.

Gillete Fusion with the 5 blades. Before that I used Mach3 without a problem.

I had a girlfriend recommend conditioner way back in high school and have never used anything else down there.

I got to say I have a nice boar bristle brush and fancy shave soap that I use along with my mach three seems to work well for me. My only complaint that by the time I shave down there and then my head I end up washing in cold water. And from personal experience I would suggest avoiding trying to use a straight razor down under. I don't know what made me think it might be a good Idea but it wasn't. :)

The boar bristle brush might not be "necessary" but hey, it has a tingle all it's own. :D

I use an electric shaver; using a razor and shaving cream did not work for me, that technique gave me shaving bumps. I found the electric shaver works on my balls, cock, and around the base.

I use the Norelco Body Groomer... works like a charm... just make sure you stretch everything out as best you can before trimming... you can still catch a bit if you are to rough with it.

Fur free Twig and Berries ... :D

Count me in for the electric trimmer. I use the flip up one on the back of my Norelco.

Like it's been said, I still have to be careful, but it does a nice job all around.

Give me a disposable twin blade razor, some body wash and a shower and I'm on my way.

I find that I have to shave in all different directions to get'em all but it is worth the effort. The Mrs. and her friends enjoy the clean me and I like the feel generally.

I've shaved for 15 years +/- and have found that consistency is the key. I shave as close as possible and EVERY day. Not necessarily super close every day but at least a quick trim to keep my skin accustomed to the razor. I do a super-close shave every 3 days and have few problems with skin irritation.

I try to lightly thin the hair above the shaving line and down my thighs to make it all work together...Mrs. Ekies approves and she really looks.

I have had good success over the years with a twin or triple blade disposable razor. Lots of soap or shaving cream and always keeping the skin tight. Warm weather (temperature) and water is a necessity to keep things loose. Everyday attention has proven most successful for me as well.

I know lots of people say no to Nair, but the Mrs found some Nair that works great on me. I tried Nair once back in the day and my junk was so raw I almost cried, so I was nervous about trying this.

She told me to try it and it worked great. I will have to find out what is was that worked so well. I use a triple blade razor for the sac. Hot water in the shower, no shaving cream.

DO NOT USE A REGULAR ELECTRIC RAZOR, I tore myself up with that once.

Only part that should be able to 'bite' you with an electric razor is the trimmer part (kinda like a hair clipper only smaller).

That's how I 'bit' myself on the sack with the Norelco Body Groom. BUT, that being said, I now go easier around softer areas that are hard to stretch and have not had any other nibbles. :D

The Boyz and the Man have never been happier... :lol:

They now have BIKINI Nair for women, and my hubby uses it for himself... Just be sure NOT to rub it in, let it sit for about 10 minutes, then wipe with a DAMP cloth - The hair fall right off... I use it all the time on myself, and I LOVE IT!!! Nothing better than a smooth coochie for the guys and girls!