PDA

View Full Version : At what point do you officially qualify as being In the Lifestyle?

Cloud of Love
02-24-2007, 05:04 PM
At what point do you officially qualify as being in the Lifestyle? Is there any consensus on this? Do you have had to already have your first encounter for it to count? Or does simply looking honestly count? What about if you have met a couple, both sides intend to play as soon as possible, but it hasn't happened just yet due to timing but should soon?

I guess we're just trying to figure out if we are officially swingers yet.....we're definitely more than wannabes as we are committed to this and actively looking, but it doesn't seem quite right to actually say "we are in the lifestyle" since we haven't played yet. Maybe "lifestyle apprentice couple"? Any thoughts? :)

BiloxiCouple
02-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I thought of all kinds of things to say.

When you pass swinging 101.

Have you paid your dues and joined the Swingers Union?

When you get you diploma.

When you know the secret swingers handshake.

But in reality, it's up to you. Pretty simple.

Did you get your secret swingers de-coder ring yet?

I couldn't resist another one.

good times
02-24-2007, 06:15 PM
I always heard you weren't a real swinger until you have that first time when you can't remember the names of that couple you played with last night.:lol:

Actually I think being a swinger is more a state of mind than what you have or haven't done. In reality, does it really matter?

Cloud of Love
02-24-2007, 06:18 PM
No, it doesn't really matter. I was just curious about the secret handshake. :)

In all seriousness, I suppose it is a state of mind as you have said, and an individual thing to the couples involved. As it should be.

Nudesailing
02-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I dont have my decoder ring yet?????? I will check the mail again tomorrow.

rc toys
02-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Man, I really want to get a Swingers secret decoder ring!!

Do you get one in a Vanilla box? :D

We think we were swingers long before we ever consummated it. It's all a state of mind.

SW_PA_Couple
02-24-2007, 07:19 PM
As Good_Times observed, it is all a state of mind. I will add, if you think of yourself as a swinger, you are a swinger.

Mr. Truelove
02-24-2007, 09:39 PM
I went by the idea that I was in the lifestyle as soon as my wife had the notion of pursuing it. But we were swingers the moment we took the plunge and had our first experience. I like it, but it is still a self made definition.

Mr. Truelove

cubnamy1995
02-24-2007, 10:59 PM
The day that you start carrying condoms even when you are just going to a PTA meeting, you are officially a swinger.

:)

prettylady
02-25-2007, 08:48 AM
We have got to start a
"You know your a swinger when......" thread.
That would be just too damn funny.
Your friend,
Prettylady :kissface:

want2knowmore
02-25-2007, 10:30 AM
As Good_Times observed, it is all a state of mind. I will add, if you think of yourself as a swinger, you are a swinger.

Then I'm in...
In my mind I am. In reality, I can't get started..
Okay I have always been an exception to the rules guy.

Do I get my ring now?

Cloud of Love
02-25-2007, 03:23 PM
maybe there should be a special tattoo or something. ::P:

sexcupid
02-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Do we get to choose what we want? The decoder ring would be cool (unless the only "code" you get to break is "drink more ovaltine" *rotflmao*) or the tattoo...maybe I could incorporate that into an exsiting design.... ;)

I would say it's mostly a state of mind, if what you are doing makes you feel that you are participating in the lifestyle, then you are! Even if you haven't met up for playtime with anyone. Just my .02

Maria :kissface:

Cloud of Love
02-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Do we get to choose what we want? The decoder ring would be cool (unless the only "code" you get to break is "drink more ovaltine" *rotflmao*) :

Anyone who can work "A Christmas Story" reference into a swinger thread deserves a round of applause. :lol:

I think we'll go with "Swinger Apprentice Couple" for now. We'll take the Apprentice off after the first encounter. :)

Mr. Truelove
02-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Anyone who can work "A Christmas Story" reference into a swinger thread deserves a round of applause. :lol:

I think we'll go with "Swinger Apprentice Couple" for now. We'll take the Apprentice off after the first encounter. :)

But they were beaten by 5 hours. :rofl:

Here: (http://www.swingersboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=269066&postcount=144)

Mr. Truelove

TnHappyCpl
02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I have to agree with mostly state of mind.

Although we have had several experiences with others over the past seven or so years, occasionally visit our local club, have been to meet and greets and the convention in Vegas; we do not consider ourselves "in the lifestyle". Why not? Because we don't live the lifestyle day to day or week to week, etc. We don't think about it all the time, we don't spend time seaching for playmate's, etc, etc. We just kinda go with the flow. Maybe we are in denial, LOL.

Whatever we are, in or out, it works for us..
Mr. Happy

havefuninsun
02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
I have to agree with mostly state of mind.

Although we have had several experiences with others over the past seven or so years, occasionally visit our local club, have been to meet and greets and the convention in Vegas; we do not consider ourselves "in the lifestyle". Why not? Because we don't live the lifestyle day to day or week to week, etc. We don't think about it all the time, we don't spend time seaching for playmate's, etc, etc. We just kinda go with the flow. Maybe we are in denial, LOL.

Whatever we are, in or out, it works for us..
Mr. Happy

I hear ya, Mr. Happy. We're the same way -- but I'll venture to say neither of us are in denial of what we think of as having a fun time. ;)

And we don't like labels. To me, anyway, "swing" or "swinging" is a verb. "Do you swing?" "Why, yes we do, thankyouverymuch for asking." Not an adjective or noun.

sexcupid
02-27-2007, 12:19 AM
But they were beaten by 5 hours. :rofl:

Here: (http://www.swingersboard.com/forums/showpost.php?p=269066&postcount=144)

Mr. Truelove

dang it :) *lol*

Maria :kissface:

Cloud of Love
02-27-2007, 11:01 AM
We had our first meeting last night....no pressure, no playtime, just dinner with an experienced couple that expressed interest in us. We got along great, and they want to meet again...we're giddy. :eek:

prettylady
02-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Giddy is good. :D
Your friend,
Prettylady :kissface: