couplewanting50

Washing between play times

When playing in a situation with another couple where you are likely to play again, or with a group, where multiple partners and multiple times are likely, do you ever — in between times — go wash up to be fresh for others? This question applies to men and women.

It seems like a good idea, we have done it, and wonder what others think and do.

• Like 1

We always shower after play!! We're still very much newbies and we believe that even if were not playing again then a shower is always a must...

• Like 1

When playing in a situation with another couple where you are likely to play again, or with a group, where multiple partners and multiple times are likely, do you ever — in between times — go wash up to be fresh for others? This question applies to men and women.

Do you mean, within one play session? For example, you're with another couple in a room for 2 hours or more?

We prefer to be as fresh as possible. MRS and I will shower in the hotel room just before we go to the club even though we have had a shower that morning. MRS will even douche just prior as well to make sure she is fresh.

Unfortunately, we STILL have not had the opportunity - too shy I guess, but we're not giving up. ;)

As for going back to the club for a second round, time permitting, I think we would "rinse and repeat as desired".

Why would we want to be "April fresh" for the first couple but not for the next?

Do you mean, within one play session? For example, you're with another couple in a room for 2 hours or more?

I guess that seems like one play session, so.... maybe not that. Assuming the play never quits during that time. :-)

Thinking about it, no. Unless it's really messy for some reason we just continue playing until done, then wash-up. We haven't had any playmates that clean-up between "rounds" either. Probably because part of the whole experience is the smell of sex.

• Like 2
  • Hot! 1

I guess that seems like one play session, so.... maybe not that. Assuming the play never quits during that time. :-)

During one long play session, probably not, because it's pretty continuous and jumping up to wash frequently kind of breaks things up. ;) It just kind of depends. Since we are a condoms-only couple with others, there's not much to clean up anyway, unless my husband comes inside of me during the play.

But if we were in some sort of situation like in a club, going upstairs with a couple, then redressing to go back to the club, we would definitely clean up. We don't really have those opportunities, though (no clubs around here).

If we're out for the evening with people, dancing in smoky clubs, maybe getting a little sweaty from all the dancing, and then going to play after that, I like to freshen up at the hotel room before we play. In fact, we don't like to mix dancing at the clubs on the same nights as play, if we can help it.

My very first swinging experience ever was as a single woman - I was with a couple. The other woman was such a clean-freak, that she washed herself at least three times during the play session. Being very naive and new, I didn't know what to make of that. When she jumped up to go wash, her husband felt compelled to explain (I got the feeling he often had to explain for her) that she was a clean freak. She spent a great deal of time washing right before the play started, and then kept washing throughout. That was the most extreme I've ever seen, and too much, in my opinion.

• Like 1

We shower as soon as we get home form the club and we are clean as a whistle before we get together (which we do every night when we get home to "reconnect" - and because sex is cool :D ).

But - do we shower and clean between folks at the club? No... It really isn't all that convenient. Then again - we rarely play with more than one couple at the club. If we do - it is as a single pile up and really not something with time to clean up...

I will let you know what I do when we get there.... Althought I am a clean freak I hope I am not compelled to get up and wash in the middle of playing because that is sort of a turn off for the other couple or person. It would be like telling them that they are making you feel disgusting and if that was the case they shouldn't play. Each to their own I guess but that is the reason why I make sure that I am REALLY clean before we go out to the club. Although we have not had our first experience yet, I want to feel comfortable to say "yes" to somebody that might invite us.

I think that in a single meeting and then going back to find someone else, sanitary is a MUST. But if you are in a situation or an orgy or multiple in the same room same time. Well I do think it would be difficult to shower after each sesson .

Probably because part of the whole experience is the smell of sex.

That is true. Once in a group room, just a few minutes after I had finished fucking my woman, another woman came across the bed and took my cock in her mouth. She obviously did not mind, and it was very erotic.

• Like 2
  • Hot! 1

We've yet to wash during playtime unless something gets messy. We were in a small group setting once and one of the men came over to kiss me and he smelled like pussy and it was a complete turn-on for me. I agree that the smell of sex is part of the total experience. Too many people are too concerned with washing away the natural scents the body emits. If you wash away the pheremones, what's the point?

We do wash up after the activity has ceased for the night though.

• Like 2
  • Hot! 2

We've yet to wash during playtime unless something gets messy. We were in a small group setting once and one of the men came over to kiss me and he smelled like pussy and it was a complete turn-on for me.

Ditto. I especially love to kiss my husband with the taste of pussy still on his face. I love the smells and tastes of sex, too. As long as everybody's clean going into it, it's all good. :facelick:

• Like 2
  • Hot! 2

For reasons of hygeine and to prevent frequent UTI's I ALWAYS wash my pubic region in the bathroom after a session (if I can't get to a shower). But if we were going to trade partners in the same session I would not want to break rhythm and wash after all is said and done. :playdar:

The aroma of sex is what we both like .

cleaning up sort of takes away the erotic feeling of being with multiple partners. I like the wetness and sloppyness if you can call it that.

The drive home is when I get to feel the wetness between the panty liner and my body. My own fetish.

• Like 1
  • Hot! 2

Like most of the others, I would not jump up to wash in the middle of play time. At a club though, before proceeding back to the club area, I would stop by the bathroom and clean up a bit. Although, since we are condom users, there really isn't that much clean up.

If we're in a play session with a group of people we don't leave to clean up during that time.

If we're playing with a couple (or single) at a club then we would clean up in anticipation of another get together.

Lisa always douches before we go out, and in her purse she'll carry a little can of FDS (what's it called?), and also the towlette version of the same stuff. Also a small package of baby wipes.

The main club we go to has baby wipes in all the play areas so for me I can pretty much "wipe off" right there, while Lisa goes to a bathroom to clean up.

I don't think washing the vagina after sex is good IF you're going to continue to have sex later on in the day because when you wash your vagina you are washing away protective bacteria and this can lead to an increase in std's or pregnancy.

This is one of the cause of Bacterial Vaginosis which is to say washing of the vagina.

Just thought I should put that out there. Peace.

Bacterial Vaginosis: How can I prevent BV?

BV is not well understood by scientists, and the best ways to prevent it are unknown. What is known is that BV is associated with having a new sex partner or having multiple sex partners. Follow these tips to lower your risk for getting BV:

* Don’t have sex. The best way to prevent any STD is to practice abstinence, or not having vaginal, oral, or anal sex.

* Be faithful. Have a sexual relationship with one partner is another way to reduce your chances of getting infected. Be faithful to each other, meaning that you only have sex with each other and no one else.

* Use condoms. Protect yourself with a condom EVERY time you have vaginal, anal, or oral sex. Condoms should be used for any type of sex with every partner. For vaginal sex, use a latex male condom or a female polyurethane condom. For anal sex, use a latex male condom. For oral sex, use a dental dam. A dental dam is a rubbery material that can be placed over the anus or the vagina before sexual contact.

* Don't douche. Douching removes some of the normal bacteria in the vagina that protects you from infection. This may increase your chances of getting BV. It may also increase the chances of BV coming back after treatment.

I was just wondering if women douching is a major reason why a lot are "allergic" to latex condoms because if you think about it when you wash away your vaginal fluid it takes a few hours for your fluid to get back to it's right ratio of bacteria especially if your health isn't in tip top shape and/or you are active during the day.

By putting a condom on, even with lube, you are irritating your vaginal walls if your natural lube isn't in a considerable amount and considering the fact that most women don't do core exercises that stimulate the vagina to do it's cleaning

by having constant high amounts of bloodflow, most women don't have a high level of natural lube and so their protective bacteria will be low, hence latex condom "allergies".

Plus when you have sex you are getting rid of some vaginal fluid from the constant thrusting of the penis and this adds to the loss of vaginal fluid.

Combining this fact with low levels of vaginal fluid in the first place I can see why women go through what they go through when it comes to their vagina.

Their should be a class on personal hygiene so people will know more about their bodies and preventing problems that are mostly self inflicted.

Just something I thought about. Peace.

I was thinking the same thoughts about the douching (a couple of posts) and the FDS spray. Douching is unnecessary, as the vagina is a self-cleaning organ. Douche can mess up the Ph balance of a woman's body, making her more susceptible to infections. I think that douching became popular in our mother's/grandmother's generations due to the mentality that sex is "dirty". About that FDS spray or other scented and chemical things applied to that area during playtime: it probably tastes awful. Better to have a naturally-clean area (plain soap and water) for pleasant oral sex. :)

Personally, I never douche, and I have a very healthy and clean-smelling "area". ;)

Here's a medical article referring to douching and "feminine" deodorants (highlights inserted by me). Note this refers to infrequent douches, and only the plain vinegar & water kind:

To Douche or Not to Douche?

Infrequent Douche With Vinegar and Water Appears Safe, Study Shows

By Salynn Boyles

WebMD Medical News Reviewed By Michael Smith, MD

What is the truth about douches? Most experts say frequent douches increase a woman's risk of developing vaginal infections, but new research shows this might not be true for those who douche less than once a week with a simple vinegar and water solution.

The study showed no association between infrequent douches with vinegar and water and vaginal infections in a population of women of childbearing age being seen at two New York City women's health centers.

Douches: Harmful to Your Health?

The research appears to contradict previous studies linking regular douches to vaginal infections. Study researcher Albert George Thomas, MD, tells WebMD those prior studies have some flaws.

"The past studies are helpful but not conclusive," he says. "Douching has been linked to all kinds of bad outcomes, including ectopic pregnancy and STDs, but the rigorously designed studies that are needed to prove these associations have not been done."

The nation's top women's health groups do not recommend regular douches. According to the National Women's Health Information Center, a division of the Department of Health and Human Services, research shows that "women who douche on a routine basis tend to have more problems than women who do not douche or who rarely douche." A statement by the group links regular douches with an increased risk of vaginal irritation, pelvic inflammatory disease, bacterial infection, sexually transmitted diseases, low birth-weight babies, and ectopic pregnancy.

In its recommendations for lowering vaginal infection risk, The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) warns against douches and the use of feminine hygiene sprays and scented deodorant tampons.

ACOG spokesman David Soper, MD, says douches are potentially harmful because they change the delicate chemical balance of the vagina, destroying the good bacteria called lactobacilli, which protect against infections. Soper is vice chairman of obstetrics and gynecology at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.

"The whole issue of douching is ill advised because it assumes the vagina is dirty and needs regular cleaning, which is the farthest thing from the truth," Soper tells WebMD. "If you douche frequently you run the risk of destroying the protective bacteria and you set yourself up for problems."

Mid-Cycle Douches Discouraged

In the new study by Thomas and colleagues, published in the October issue of the ACOG journal Obstetrics and Gynecology, roughly half of the 360 women who participated reported using a douche regularly but only 2% douched once a week or more.

Frequent douches over the previous three months were found to double a woman's risk of developing a vaginal infection called bacterial vaginosis. But women who douched less than once a week were no more likely to get the vaginal infection than women who never douched.

The investigators cited earlier research showing that vinegar and water douches have a minimal and transient impact on the natural chemical balance of the vagina. Thomas does recommend that women avoid douches in the middle of their menstrual cycle, however, when the cervix is more open and vulnerable to bacteria.

"Douching with vinegar and water does not seem to be unsafe if it is done infrequently, especially if it is not done midcycle," he says.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOURCES: Zhang et al. Obstetrics and Gynecology, October 2004; vol 104; pp 756-759. Albert George Thomas, MD, director, obstetrical services; and director, family planning services, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York City. David Soper, MD, vice chairman, ob-gyn, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston.

I've never douched, ever, and have never had one complaint about the way I taste or smell.

We were with a couple once and it was clear that the woman had recently douched, and not with vinegar and water, because she tasted like a flower. Not good...not good at all.

• Like 3

We are a condom only couple. Only if my fiance cums inside me, i'll clean up or if the guy cums on me. Clean up is a must.

This is one of those it depends type things. At home, we clean up after having sex, but that just means tidying up the areas in question with a towel or washcloth, not like taking a shower. So, we do that regardless. At a club, condoms are likely involved, so there's that, and usually the only cleanup type facilities provided are a box of wet wipes (we always have our own anyways), towels, and a bathroom sink, but that gets the job done.

After an extended hot and sweaty and wet play session at home, or someone else's house, then we often take a shower (assuming they offered if it was their house of course). The risk there is though is that sometimes means not showering alone, and that sometimes means play wasn't really over either because after helping wash their back, about the time you get dried off, you're ready to get dirty again :facelick:

It's not a bad idea but it would depend on the time between play.

If everyone is busy and you have a chance to "sneak off" to wash it might be ok. But if you would stop the party to go and wash yourself it might imply to your playmates that you consider them to be dirty or you might convey to them that you might be dirty.

My wife had an obsessive compulsion to "clean" herself, wipe the cum from her pussy, before having sex again. I convinced her to just relax and let it go. She eventually became comfortable feeling "messy".

• Like 3
  • Hot! 1

My wife had an obsessive compulsion to "clean" herself, wipe the cum from her pussy, before having sex again. I convinced her to just relax and let it go. She eventually became comfortable feeling "messy".

Mrs. E is also compulsively clean. I usually like to wash my cock off after a session, even if I was using a condom, just to be and feel fresh.

In our experience, things tend to organize themselves into fairly natural "stopping places", but maybe that's just because we haven't done clubs or large parties. That's always a good time to step out and rinse off.

We were still new to LS and went to play with a couple (more experienced). We had spent a long time at the bar just watching before walking through the rooms where we were approached by this couple. Anyway we paired off on the same bed. I watched a bit as he entered my wife, before I gave his wife my full attention. I started by kissing, was not aware that some couples don’t kiss. She was ok with that. I am a very oral lover and worked my way down her body, licking her nipples for a while before moving down to her pussy. I found her very wet and she had a very specific scent which I found familiar. Anyway, I continued to lick her to an orgasm and

we had sex. Then went back to the bar area and then to our own room. I was still thinking about the sex when it occurred to me that the couple might have had bare sex before hooking up

with us. And I am quite sure that the wetness might have been his sperm. I am still not sure what to think about this. It kind of turns me on. At the time I was very turned on my the smell of her. Which brought up a question. What is the etiquette for swingers, especially married swingers. Should you condomize with your wife to be considerate to the next guy who might go down on her? Should the woman I was eating have warned me? What do you think.

• Hot! 1

I (male half) try to hit a shower in between partners when possible, because I tend to be a very active partner and can sweat a decent bit when I get into it. 

That said, I don't require or even prefer it for partners.  Sometimes the dirty factor of the other person adds to the hotness.

I never wear a condom with Wu including when we were at parties. When I went bareback with another woman I would wash off in the sink unless someone wanted to lick me off. I love to eat pussy, difficult to take a break when it's busy. I agree with Numex, if we were in a closed group plan on changing the sheets when they are soaked, in the meantime make use of all that natural lube!

• Like 1
  • Hot! 1

20 hours ago, ConfusedHubby said:

I tend to be a very active partner and can sweat a decent bit when I get into it. 

That said, I don't require or even prefer it for partners.  Sometimes the dirty factor of the other person adds to the hotness.

In our family sometimes the mood hits when one or more of us has been active in a non-sexual way.  There's something primal about a man taking me when he's sweaty and dirty.  Or a partner (woman or man) gabbing me when I'm that way.

I take my cue from the woman that I am with. If she wants to shower with me we will wash each other and get things started,  I am totally fine with that. But for me, I like it with a woman not washing before we start and shower together when we have finished with the hope the shower will lead to another round or at least pissing on each other.

23 hours ago, let's do it again said:

shower together when we have finished

Interesting about showering together.  A morning quickie is a regular thing in our poly family, but regardless of who does what with whom, two of us will shower together to discuss the day's plan.  Except the guys, they'll put their dicks in the same woman at the same time, but have never showered together. 

23 hours ago, let's do it again said:

the hope the shower will lead to another round or at least pissing on each other.

Lora and I are the only ones who piss on one another.  After one of us loses our contrived, BDSM "fight" it's into the shower, the loser goes down on knees or hands and knees to be pissed on.  Afterwards we kiss, clean each other up, then make love.

Edited by couplers
  • Like 2