Spoomonkey

What do male swingers wear???

Inspired by something that happened last night - I am wondering just what it is that swing men do - or are supposed to - wear.

We have a friend who owns a clothes store that caters mostly to gay men (they do have a small section of club-friendly women's wear). They are working on trying to get involved in marketing to swingers, since there is such an active community here - and since we are friends, he has asked Mrs Spoo and I to help out when he has a "show" at a local swing club of some of the clothing that they recently found at a convention in Vegas.

He told me to wear the "kinkiest, sexiest thing" I own...

Well - I have to tell you, I was sort of dumb-founded... I mean - the gap between my "sexy" wardrobe and the gleam in this guy's eye was pretty far apart. I knew we weren't talking about the same thing...

Granted - I do wear a kilt - and, as inspired by THE Mr. TNT, I do have a really nice black pirate shirt... But having seen the clothes this store typically sells as "kinky and sexy" I am not even close...

I told him I really didn't have anything "kinky" and he just laughed and said, "sure you don't." As if ALL swinging men have a vast collection of "kinky wear" as a part of getting your license...

My other friend who works there - knowing me much better and much more personally - stepped in and saved the day, suggesting some clothes they have at one of their other stores that would fit the bill. I was game and things worked out...

But I was left feeling somewhat remedial...

I mean - sexy to me is my tight, but comfortable, Buffalo Jeans, whichever shirt is working at the moment and some chunky boots... Fairly understated, really. Casual, relaxed...

I have been to clubs where I have seen men in some really silly outfits - sometimes the male version of "sexy" comes off as kind of silly and a little embarrassing to the whole of the gender - especially when you combine it with enough Grey Goose...

So - my question is - what do men wear that is "sexy"?

What should be a part of the swing-males closet?

Inspired by something that happened last night - I am wondering just what it is that swing men do - or are supposed to - wear.

We have a friend who owns a clothes store that caters mostly to gay men (they do have a small section of club-friendly women's wear). They are working on trying to get involved in marketing to swingers, since there is such an active community here - and since we are friends, he has asked Mrs Spoo and I to help out when he has a "show" at a local swing club of some of the clothing that they recently found at a convention in Vegas.

He told me to wear the "kinkiest, sexiest thing" I own...

Well - I have to tell you, I was sort of dumb-founded... I mean - the gap between my "sexy" wardrobe and the gleam in this guy's eye was pretty far apart. I knew we weren't talking about the same thing...

Granted - I do wear a kilt - and, as inspired by THE Mr. TNT, I do have a really nice black pirate shirt... But having seen the clothes this store typically sells as "kinky and sexy" I am not even close...

I told him I really didn't have anything "kinky" and he just laughed and said, "sure you don't." As if ALL swinging men have a vast collection of "kinky wear" as a part of getting your license...

My other friend who works there - knowing me much better and much more personally - stepped in and saved the day, suggesting some clothes they have at one of their other stores that would fit the bill. I was game and things worked out...

But I was left feeling somewhat remedial...

I mean - sexy to me is my tight, but comfortable, Buffalo Jeans, whichever shirt is working at the moment and some chunky boots... Fairly understated, really. Casual, relaxed...

I have been to clubs where I have seen men in some really silly outfits - sometimes the male version of "sexy" comes off as kind of silly and a little embarrassing to the whole of the gender - especially when you combine it with enough Grey Goose...

What should be a part of the swing-males closet?

Spoomonkey

I was told by a board member who was lucky, nay blessed, enough to see my picture that I should dress more sexy.

I haven't the foggiest how :confused:

Slut clothes, which work so well on women, seem just laughable to me on a man, and makes one look like they are ready to be on a float at the gay pride parade.

So this is in fact, perhaps, the best question ever on this board.

Just what IS sexy on a man?

And the related question...

What is kinky on a man (that allows him to maintain his pride).

Guest Annaiis

Just what IS sexy on a man?

And the related question...

What is kinky on a man (that allows him to maintain his pride).

I think leather pants and a fairly tight white t-shirt (without any happy-faces, please!!) is very sexy, and for skivies, I like nice snug silky black boxer-briefs ... IF, and only if, the man has a great bod, thongs are good in any color or print.

For kinky, I like buttery soft black leather chaps , boots, and a black leather thong (with snaps so the thong can be taken off without taking off the chaps ;) ).

My favorite outfit on a guy (because it was so much fun and so unique) was at Hedo II - a guy had on a string "package pouch" in the shape of a duck, complete with head, wings and dangling webbed feet ... the ladies had a wonderful time playing with it :facelick:

Mr. Ric might disagree, but if you want to dress sexy and not have to think about it, then just rent a couple of Pierce Brosnan James Bond movies and study what he wears when he dresses casually. The look the costume designers go for is a mix of success, power, and understatement. The clothes should always accent the guy and not the other way around, so no silly leather briefs or leopard shirts. And remember, don't go cheap, especially on shoes.

S

Personally, I can't stand speedo thongs on men. Butt floss somehow just doesn't quite look right nestled between a pair of hairy buns. Maybe they drive some women nuts...just not this one. I definitely prefer boxers or boxer briefs. As for shirts and pants, I like it when a guy spends some time picking out something that is genuinely flattering. A nicely fitted dress shirt in a good quality fabric with one of those funky guy-neclaces. A pair of khakis or jeans in a flattering cut. I could care less about shoes as long as they match the outfit and don't look dorky. I'd say just pay attention to the details. Stay away from anything weird or faddish. Stick with the basics. Although, if you can wear it with Braveheart-style confidence, a kilt would definitely be eye-catching. ;)

Oh, and go REALLY easy on the cologne. If you need to wear a gallon of it because you think the woman across the room needs to smell it from where she is to be attracted to you, you're fooling yourself. Less is more, gentlemen. :D If she's not in your personal space but can still smell you're cologne, you're wearing too much. It might just be MPO, but I feel that scents on both men and women should be elusive and intangible; a ghost of fragrance left in your wake that catches someone by surprise, and persuades them to seek you out. It should be a surprise and a delight to the senses when you're dancing together or otherwise close together.

I also took a cue from Spoo, my kilt is one of my favorite swing wear items. The first night I wore it, A young buck told me he hated me. He said he saw more women with their head under it than he had been with all year. Don't be afraid to take a chance with your outfit, something thats obviously a little out there will draw attention. It seems many of the men are afraid to wear anything outside their daily norm. A little leather, something that looks like a costume off the front of a romance novel and even an old man like me can add a little spice to a dance with a sweet young thing.

Ted

Wow, I have to agree, this might be one of the greatest questions ever. I suck at picking clothes that I might look good in because I have no skills in that department whatsoever. So at our house Mrs. GT picks my wardrobe, it seems to work pretty good too, because I often get compliments on what I am wearing. Which brings up another good point, it never ceases to amaze me how something like a shirt (which seems like any other shirt to me) can actually result in a great evening of sexual enjoyment. I can't tell you how many times a woman, who I didn't know previously, asked me where I got my shirt and then the conversation progressed in to an evening of fun.

The clothes that seem to work best for me seem to be along the lines of casual professional, Nice slacks, casual dress shirt (for some reason silk shirts seem to work best), and casual dress shoes.

That being said, I hope this thread gets a lot of responses, because looking at the way people dress to go to the clubs, we can use all the help we can get. :)

I hate seeing guys dressed in things they can buy at a sex shop... something about it just doesn't seem right... but that's just me.

Sexy to me is a nice tight black shirt and jeans... or a nice stylish button up shirt. The right guy in leather pants is very hot, the wrong guy is laughable. For undies I go for boxers or boxer briefs (I find the latter quite sexy).

I'd say a lot depends on the club. I'll almost always wear slacks, occasionally falling back on dockers and for certain occasions nice jeans. There has been a time or two when I've worn some of my shorts I wear for golfing. My preference is slacks, and a nice dress shirt. I've you've got the body for it, a good stretch pullover works. The James Bond suggestion works as does just about any shirt you'd wear to an upscale dance club. Silk, satin, something with a bit of flash. And if you really want to add that extra touch add a hat. Preferably something other than a ball cap. If you're the type, a nice cowboy hat, if not there are plenty of choices available. I've got a nice wide-brimmed white hat that is very casual, but dressy at the same time. It always generates comments.

And if you really want to add that extra touch add a hat. Preferably something other than a ball cap. If you're the type, a nice cowboy hat

so funny.. we were a a nudist resort in FL last May,where swingers were present. There was a couple that we were NOT at all interested in... Mr. Jeep usually wears a black leather cowboy hat when we go nude (helps shade his 'sun-shy' parts.. well, not all of them - but he looks really good in it anyway)

Whenever we were around, the female of the couple would scan the pool area, looking for "the hat"... and hone in on him. He stopped wearing the hat for the last few days, and they didn't find us as quickly... Surrender

V

Yeah...when guys try too hard with clothing to come across as 'sexy' it always seems to involve leather and almost always goes straight to the GAY end of the spectrum.

Unfair, I know.

I like some personality to come through. While not a big fan of kilts I can appreciate the attitude that the wearer must have to wear one with confidence...and THAT is what makes it sexy.

Suits are too easy. Any guy can look decent in a suit. Its sexy/causal/cool thats kinda hard I think.

The shirt is too big, the pants are a poor cut and saggy ass is a problem, its too wrinkled, the hair doesn't match the outfit (stylewise, not color wise) and they just look like bums! So, if you are going for a laid back dress casual look, make sure you are bathed, your hair is styled, your shoes are clean, and your clothes FIT. Untucked or otherwise.

I *do* like this whole, jeans, band t-shirt, blazer, sneaks-kinda rocker look. A little bed head-thats sexy.

I also have a bit of a sexy, messy, untucked button down shirt 'problem'. I will follow that guy who has the whole just thrown together in a causal chic kinda way look around like a puppy dog. I go after buttons like a raccoon after shiny objects. Its embarrassing. :o Put on a jacket and some decent jeans...I am all yours. :kissface:

I also like nice jeans, boots and a leather jacket-either a biker jacket (which is really only cool if you actually own a bike, not if you've sat on one once back in the 80's) or a more cut jacket.

I guess I didn't need to ramble on so much! Just make sure your clothing fits and casual or otherwise USE AN IRON! *muahs*

I am liking the answers so far :)

I tend to dress the way that most people think is sexy - and my entire wardrobe is sans Speedo. Well - not exactly... I do have a pair of Speedo flip flops that I used to wear after a run... Now I just wear them to take the trash out...

The guy who owns the store was describing the clothes he wants to sell at the swing club as looking very "Hugh Heffner". I had to admit he was right, but I also had to ask myself, "what self-respecting swinger wants to look like Hugh Heffner?" Wouldn't I get more play looking like Johnny Knoxville after a particularly dangerous stunt? Or Ewan McGregor in a Heroin stupor (i.e. Trainspotting)?

So far - no one has described anything Heffner-ish, which is quite validating.

One of the clubs we go to requires dress slacks - and I hate it... I think slacks look boring on me. They look good sometimes, I think, but very, very dull. I feel like instead of asking a woman to dance, I should offer to do her taxes...

More feedback required! The input you give will contribute to a better looking male crowd ;)

Spoomonkey

Most men look great in a button down shirt (I usually find the darker the color the better) and either dress pants (easier access) or a good pair of jeans. I also love a nice cologne...I have been known to follow men around the club if they are wearing a nice cologne.

As for anything else...well fetish wear has its place, though not at the clubs we attend currently. To be honest if B put on a pair of buttless chaps I would laugh myself silly at him.

I still think clubs should come up with theme nights for men...i.e. pirates, togas, scots men...etc... ;)

Okay - side question...

I wear AXE body spray. Is that a good cologne? Would a guy wear cologne in addition? What in the hell is a "good cologne"?

Yes - I am showing a lot of ignorance right now...

Spoomonkey

Since Ms. Amanda appears to have copied principal sections of one of her posts to Mr. TrueLove's thread and re-posted here, I thought I'd do the same. (Sorry Amanda if I'm mistaken about this.)

So, I said this afore and I'll say it again:

I almost always wear a button-down shirt to a club or house-party. I've found that women often like to play with the buttons, and it's turned out that it's much sexier to have a shirt gradually unbuttoned and pulled off of me than my trying -- or her trying -- to pull a polo shirt or over my head.

In the vanilla world I almost always wear an undershirt under a button-down shirt, but I rarely do for a swing event. It would just get in the way.

As for undies, I tend to go with boxers (usually silk or silk-like) for club or house parties. I'm not crazy about all the extra fabric, but they can be flattering if that's all I'm wearing and they let me dangle (important for those of us who are growers rather than showers). Besides, boxers tend to be flattering to about any male physique.

I don't like the extra fabric in boxer-briefs; I can't dangle and to me the extra cloth is superfluous as well as being uncomfortable. And I hate when they roll up when I pull my jeans on. (Yes, even the good brands do that.) So, to supply you with too much information, I usually wear Hanes mid-rise briefs (navy or black). They're not a bikini, but they're not the often-baggy tighty-whities either.

In the past five years I have worn more adventuresome undies occasionally, but that has been for playdates where I knew she wanted to see me in something much briefer than boxers. For first dates with anybody else, though, I'd stick to boxers unless something else was specified.

Amanda69 mentioned cologne. An ex-girlfriend taught me to spray the cologne lightly and then walk into it. Consequently, not only do I avoid an overpowering scent of perfume, but my bachelor bathroom smells a little bit better.

Finally...yes, finally...I too would also appreciate more "theme" nights that are more guy-oriented. I can whip up a toga and a luau costume immediately, but I wouldn't mind having a reason to look for a kilt or pirate outfit.

Questions? Comments?

Thrax

Guest Annaiis
I still think clubs should come up with theme nights for men...i.e. pirates, togas, scots men...etc.... ;)
Amanda, you are a GENIUS!!! .... what a great idea!!! I'm going to suggest it to our local clubs .. I'm SOOOO tired of the women spending time and money getting all "costumed up" and the men just hanging around in their khakis and black polo shirts!!!!!

Guest Annaiis

They're not a bikini, but they're not the often-baggy tighty-whities either.

Ah!!! Nice tight fresh (new) tightie-whities ...... yum!!!! (seriously, ladies, have you driven a nice new tightie-whitie clad man lately??)

Recently, at our club, not one, but TWO unicorns decided to drop by.

Spoomonkey

So - when they suggested getting a room - we had no problem with that...

Spoomonkey

I wear AXE body spray.

Spoomonkey

I know the secret!!! And it's JUST like the commercials!

Thrax no problem I did it because this thread is essentially the same as the other and I wanted to add that info here as well.

Spoo I think the types of cologne etc are a personal choice. I prefer any scent that makes a man smell like he has just come out of a shower i.e. clean, soapy smells. Off the top of my head - polo works as does pacora ban but there are so many on the market these days. I am not sure that Axe would be sufficient even if it did work outside of those crazy commercials of theirs... ;)

I am not sure that Axe would be sufficient even if it did work outside of those crazy commercials of theirs.... ;)

Any chance I could get a sniff test?

;)

Spoomonkey

I always have "danny" wear his weathered, low slung jeans and no shirt (to show off his hot bod). Under the jeans I love him to wear his red string thong. The thong peeks out the top in back. He even had a woman "adjust" it for him when it got crooked. Oh, I also love rubbing body glitter on his chest so that the dance lights make him glisten... mmmmm facelick

I think it looks silly for all the guys to be dressed in dockers and button down shirts when the ladies are in Slut Wear. :lol: I always joke that the guys look ready for a church social! Just my opinion, but in general, dress the way YOUR WOMAN thinks you look hot! ;)

Sandy

I love him to wear his red string thong. The thong peeks out the top in back. He even had a woman "adjust" it for him when it got crooked. Oh, I also love rubbing body glitter on his chest so that the dance lights make him glisten... mmmmm

A Thong on a man is just wrong, and I won't even get into body glitter. I'd rather wear a codpiece...

Hmmmmmm...

Now there's an idea!

I like to wear a button down Tommy Bahama shirt, usually black or a dark color. With dress slacks or dockers, matching belt and leather shoes. I always wear black boxer briefs. I have several different colognes that I wear, depending what I am in the mood to wear on a given night. Here are some that I wear from time to time...Pi by Givenchy, Tommy Bahama Fragrance, Hugo, Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani, Be by Clavin Kline, and 360 by Perry Ellis. The key to wearing good cologne is to use it LIGHTLY, just as other posters have said. I get compliments all the time about my cologne. I feel comfortable in what I wear, and it looks decent. But like most other guys here I am always willing to try to dress better, so any suggestions would be welcome.

Mr. Menage

90% of men dress in a cheap and unsophisticated manner - too much concern for comfort and cost, not enough knowledge about fit and finish. Quick/random thoughts:

1. Pleated pants should be avoided at all costs - also trousers with pegged legs (tapered from wide in the thigh region to narrow at the break). Flat front, straight legged pants are a timeless, classic, and look best on most men (except fat men - who can stick with pleats).

2. Baggy and boxy button down shirts aren't flattering on ANYONE (this is the way most US designers make their dress shirts). Make sure your dress shirts (or any shirt with buttons) taper down at the waist so that when you tuck them in, there isn't that strange bulge of extra fabric hanging around your belly like a phantom spare tire. Tommy Bahama is a great brand, but the shirts are oversized, so be careful.

3. Never buy any article of clothing that has a "Dockers" tag attached to it - yuck. It is amazing what Levi has been able to accomplish with this brand - inexpensive, covers a multitude of sins, but but not a flattering fit on well built men.

4. Unless you really know what you are doing, stick to basic solid colors.

5. Don't dress like a Golf Pro. Polo shirts are sporty and casual, but not for impressing the ladies.

6. UnderArmour underwear in black - every day, for every occasion.

7. You can get current fashions at semi-reasonable prices (in my experience) at Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, and Neiman Marcus. Don't pay full price. Wait for the stuff to go on sale, and then stock up. If you are an accomplished shopper, you can't beat Marshalls - but the store has enormous fashion-disaster traps that you have to learn to avoid.

1. Pleated pants should be avoided at all costs :(

2. Baggy and boxy button down shirts aren't flattering on ANYONE (this is the way most US designers make their dress shirts) :(

3. Never buy any article of clothing that has a "Dockers" tag attached to it - yuck. :(

5. Don't dress like a Golf Pro. Polo shirts are sporty and casual, but not for impressing the ladies. :(

6. UnderArmour underwear in black - every day, for every occasion. :(

:( = my sins of fashion

A Thong on a man is just wrong, and I won't even get into body glitter. I'd rather wear a codpiece...

Hmmmmmm...

Now theres an idea!

Ditto

I don't suppose you can substitute a mackerel piece for a codpiece?

Well we are all entitled to our opinions; having worked in the fashion industry/interior design field I will grant you that it’s one’s individual taste that establishes style/design.

1. Pleated pants should be avoided at all costs - also trousers with pegged legs (tapered from wide in the thigh region to narrow at the break). Flat front, straight legged pants are a timeless, classic, and look best on most men (except fat men - who can stick with pleats).

However, while “flat front pants are currently “in”, and even larger men can usually find a cut generous enough to fit them. But flat front dress slacks fade in and out of fashion; a pleated pant with cuffed bottoms is your best long term bet.”

They are classic styles – something that is timeless and ever fashionable on ALL body types!

Great brand if your budget can handle $20 a pair for underwear. I think the key here since most common people don’t have that type of budget so it is important to make sure they are CLEAN, in good condition (no holy undies boys!) and a dark color is best.

With all this being said – I think men just like women need to dress for their particular body type. While the fashion trend this fall for men is the color “purple” in all hues – personally – I would probably be heading in the other direction if a man in purple approached me. For me a man who is TOO stylish – raises my eyebrow in that he is probably not as much of a man’s man as I personally prefer.

Mr. Menage for instance is built like a linebacker…not someone who is built to wear skintight t-shirts/sweaters etc. But I’m also known several men who were tall and slender who were too slim to wear tight-fighting cloths as well. Once again – dress for your body type. Dress so YOU are comfortable and FEEL GOOD about how YOU look – this will reflect in your attitude WHICH is 100% the SEXIEST thing anyone can wear!

The Other Mrs. Menage

What in the hell is a "good cologne"?

Spoomonkey

When going out on a nice date or to a swing club I always wear my favorite...."Cool Waters". Most women seem to like it also.

Guest MrsVan

Spoomonkey

Hmmm..... facelick I think what makes a man look sexy is just a nice tight pair of jeans that shows off his ass. facelick When I go to a club I do not look for a guy to have this "sexy" outfit as I tend to think that the woman are what make the "sexy" outfits. Not saying a guy can't but I do not expect a guy to show up in something he is not comfortable in as then it shows. Instead, if your a guy just wear a nice tight pair of jeans, buttoned down shirt with it loosely buttoned and if you have a nice cowboy hat to wear well that; then that will make the outfit just as sexy...Oh and I forgot the cowboy boots too. facelick

I also like to see a guy in a nice pair of khaki's that are tight forming around the ass and a nice polo shirt.

Guys don't need to go all out in "sexy" outfits as I know many men who are uncomfortable with them, so just wear what is comfortable and that will get the woman's attention.

MrsVan

You know this whole how should I dress thing has me thinking. and thinking is not an art I have mastered yet so I am going to make it simple.

If you don't know what to wear...wear nothing. :rolleyes:

Spoo you looked smokin' the last time I saw you.

Is this the same gay man who shook his head at my outfit and said, "oh no you don't dress like that in a swing club"!

He then proceeded to pick out outfits until I found a top I liked.

Your friend,

Prettylady :kissface:

Instead, if your a guy just wear a nice tight pair of jeans, buttoned down shirt with it loosely buttoned and if you have a nice cowboy hat to wear well that; then that will make the outfit just as sexy...Oh and I forgot the cowboy boots too. facelick

Noted ;)

Spoomonkey

Spoo you looked smokin' the last time I saw you.

:o

I dig you...

Is this the same gay man who shook his head at my outfit and said, "oh no you don't dress like that in a swing club"!

Yep - that's him... He's cool isn't he?

Spoomonkey

The only thing I can think of is fitted dress pants and tight black tee (Patrick Swayze dirty dancing) or the boxer brief black with black tank style undershirt. Yum yum.

I like seeing men wear clothes that FIT them, whatever the name brand. I think a lot of men just don't buy things that fit them well. Have a salesperson (preferably a gay man - LOL) help with style and fit ... you don't have to break the budget.

And men, I find commando mucho-sexy. Save your $20 on undees for something more fun ;)

(I think for everyday underwear, wear what you like. I like thongs; I've gotten where "regular" underwear is just uncomfortable. But my everyday skivies aren't from Vickie's ... but they're still sexy, if I do say so myself ...)

For cologne suggestions, hit some of the men's shaving forums. High end colognes put all the others to shame.

As for me, I agree, comfortable and confident is the right thing. I'm a skinny punk for the most part, and 5'4"

so confidence in my appearance is an absolute must.

Dockers... no way. A part of Levi. I happen to like firearms, and these folks give mucho cash to anti-gun causes.

And I agree, why have the women all slutted out, and have the men look like bean counters.

This is a wonderful thread!!

I absolutely agree with what everybody's saying about us women having to dress and parade in slut-wear, or at least sexy and attention-getting dressed-up (it's expected), while the men walk around in un-sexy khaki Dockers and golf shirts like it's casual Friday at the office. Those looks just don't go together!

For club wear I like the men best in smooth-fitting dress slacks with a sexy knit shirt (not golf shirt) preferably dark and solid, or a smooth tee-shirt in a good fabric, such as Micro Touch by VanHeusen, silk tees, etc. V-neck or round neck are good. Wear them fitted but not too tight. Could be worn alone in warm weather, or could be worn with a quality long-sleeved shirt over it, or a sweater (a lot depends on the season and the climate/locale). Guys, a great cue to choosing a sexy shirt is the feel of it. Women like soft fabrics that feel great, and if it looks like it feels great, they'll be touching you all night! (Check out fabrics like Ultrasoft Microsuede.)

My favorite single item on my husband is his black leather blazer. This is cut exactly like a classic suit jacket with lapels, but it's leather. Very sexy over anything!

If he's not wearing dress pants, then nice jeans that fit great. My husband's sexiest footwear is black zippered dress boots, which look great on him.

Busy patterns aren't sexy: rugby shirts, flannel, striped golf shirts, Hawaiian prints, color-block sweaters (think Bill Cosby), most screen-printed t-shirts. Stick with sexy fabrics in solid colors, classic dress pants and classic jeans. Think "classy and cool"...like somebody else said, what would James Bond wear to a party like this? Picture cool guys like George Clooney, Nick Cage, Antonio Banderas and Richard Gere...what would they wear? Look at the covers of magazines like GQ and Men's Health for ideas on how the cool guys dress sexy. :)

Fetish-looking clubwear for men would look kind of freaky on most men, I think. I agree with everybody on that!

Dressing sexy is as individual as each man is. One thing that drives me nuts these days, is the kids wearing pants 5 sizes to big that they are trying to hold up with one hand, I feel sorry for the young girls these days trying to find a cute butt.

As for my hubby, I think there is nothing as sexy as a good fitting pair of black jeans, and very nice fitted white button up shirt and a beautiful dress jacket. The slacks/jeans, dress shirt and jacket work for me every time.

Polo shirts belong on the golf course. I want to unbutton that shirt and run my hands inside...mmmm.

Shoes, I do not like clubby shoes, big soles, turn off. A nice classic pair of shoes, in good shape. Nice pair of cowboy boots also good. As dancers, I love the Cuban heel on men's dance shoes.

Cologne..is a individual as each person that wears it and the woman that smells it. I love Jovan musk, just a hint of it, so that I have to bury my face in his neck to smell it. Just makes me want to jump him every time. Interesting what scents do to the mind, it can bring back memories and change your whole mood.

I like minimum jewelry, ring on each hand, nice necklace (no Mr. T crap) and I love an earing in the ear, I find that sexy.

Just my opinion.

Blessings

Mrs. Paganlovers

I've read through this thread hoping a consensus would be reached but I find a wide variety of opinions. I work out religiously and I have a buff body so I like to wear clothes that "show off" my physique but at the same time I am very wary of coming across with the "international male"/ gay look.

I see many of the males pushing for the button down casual look because it's a safe bet and it has the added bonus of hiding that beer belly and those love handles.... :)

I see several females saying if you've got it - flaunt it but do it with some style.

So my conclusion is if you want to be "safe" just dress casual with a loose button down shirt but don't expect anyone to notice you for your physique....

So my conclusion is if you want to be "safe" just dress casual with a loose button down shirt but don't expect anyone to notice you for your physique....

I haven't read through this thread so I may be repeating what others have already expressed, but 8inches post caught my eye and I want to comment on men wearing clothes that will show off their buff bod.

I think it can be very challenging for men to find the right clothes - especially tops - that show they are muscular or well-defined from the waste up.

I've been continually surprised to discover, after the clothes come off, how great a guy is built because their choice of a shirt too often kept it a secret.

When I have gotten a clue about a man's upper body definition, it's been when he has worn a knit top that fits well, not baggy, but tight enough to show what he's got. Usually that is a polo kint top with long sleeves or dressier crew neck top that fits well and even a nice basic new t-shirt. Button-down shirts can be great IF they are fitted enough to show your form. Mr LM is trim and finding slender-fit shirts can be difficult, but when you puts one on he looks so much better than when he wears a boxier cut.

These days, I make it a point to touch a man, when the time is appropriate, to feel his pecs and arms so I know what is hidden under his clothes.

When I see a guy wearing something that I think makes him look particularly HOT, I let him know. I think guys need that feedback as much as women do. It helps them know what works well on them.

Guys, stay away from the baggy butt pants...don't forget to look at yourself from behind in the full-length mirror before you head out to the club, because women will always be checking your ass out too. :D

LM

• Like 2

Which is just fine by me because my ego does not require me to show-off my physique. :D

90% of men dress in a cheap and unsophisticated manner - too much concern for comfort and cost, not enough knowledge about fit and finish. Quick/random thoughts:

Isn't UnderArmour the tight/spandex laden tops that fit like a second skin? The ladies find that sexy and not gay looking?

Isn't UnderArmour the tight/spandex laden tops that fit like a second skin? The ladies find that sexy and not gay looking?

UnderArmour is a brand of workout clothing. The other poster is saying to wear the UnderArmour underwear...not the workout clothes.

Maria :kissface:

Ask around.

Thrax

It doesn't matter what you wear, you've either got it or you haven't, straight or gay . Spoo, coming from a Scottish background, I'd like to know what your tartan is and do you need hairy legs to wear a kilt?

Spoo, coming from a Scottish background, I'd like to know what your tartan is and do you need hairy legs to wear a kilt?

My "tartan" would be Gainesville. :D My wife picked the colors because they closely matched those of the University of Florida Gators. I am not Scottish, so "tartan" was not an issue.

I am not sure if you need hairy legs to wear one, but I have them. What you do need is a serious set of bullocks - and I have those, too ;)

Spoomonkey